main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kylo Ren costume

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Aequitassb, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Aequitassb

Aequitassb Jedi Padawan

Apr 17, 2015
    Brand new to this forum, and I've never done any costuming, but I'm wondering if anyone is working on a Kylo Ren costume? I really want one in time for opening day, and with the influx of new pictures, it seems do-able. What do you guys think?

darkcide likes this.
  2. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Do it! The hardest part seems to be the mask/helmet but I would make that last. I would bet that Disney/Lucasfilm would release a toy mask that could be modifier.

3. darkcide

darkcide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    Official ones might be on sale in time for halloween this year.

4. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Be ready to do ALL THE PLEATS. One of my friends did a killer version of this, and then the Vanity Fair photos showed about forty more pleats she hadn't previously seen. :p

You can definitely get the lightsaber 3D printed, though. There are numerous vendors, but a simple Google search will reveal a number of options.

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    [​IMG]

Finished this last night and yes there is A LOT of pleating in the sleeves and under skirt. It's done on a budget of under $50 and yes, I know he has Vaders Saber, but we 'modified' it for a Christmas Pageant tomorrow.

[​IMG]

You can't see the MR's lit up during the day anyway so with a bit of plastic and a bunch of tinsel we created a saber for him to carry!

darth_frared and Darth Ukendt like this.