main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration Returns to London in 2016 - Tickets Available NOW!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by ChrisLyne, Apr 19, 2015.

1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I remember that day! Was it really a 7am start? I thought it was earlier (think I arrived for 6am or something crazy as I had to meet a board member to pick up a ticket)

I would totally be up for that again but in the right order this time and with The Force Awakens at the end!

2. littlelights

littlelights Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2015
    Bought my tickets yesterday :D . Still can't believe that I'm actually attending! It will be my first time at any sort of convention.

I'm going on my own, though. Anyone else planning on going solo?

3. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014

I probably will. There's no one I know personally who is into this kind of thing, or is as huge a fan of Star Wars as I am.;) Living in Sweden doesn't help either. But I'm happy anyway and in the exact same seat as you are based on your post!

littlelights likes this.
  4. VanDutch85

VanDutch85 Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2015
    At the moment I'm heading over on my own, but I'm starting to bug my other Star Wars friends to come along.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that I emailed customer service with a query about my credit card issue and I got a response:

Your credit card will be charged immediately at the time of the purchase. You will not need the credit card later for id, but you will need the email confirmation and your photo id to pick up the ticket at the time of the event.

Thank you,

Customer Service

So I thought I'd mention what people will need to pick their tickets up.

6. Hamawald

Jun 14, 2014
    Thanks, that's good to know.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Got my replacement credit card so two 3-day passes and lanyards are now mine..

8. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Provided I manage to make it and nothing else comes up, I'll likely be going solo too.

There's a couple of friends I'm sorta semi-hoping will want to come, but since they have kids they're still unsure if they'll be able to go.
    It could well have been earlier, the memory isn't what it was back then. :D

I've still got my tickets and the day's schedule in a cupboard... somewhere.

9. Hamawald

Jun 14, 2014
    For all of you who have previous experience of this, what exactly is a commemorative guide? I'll probably get the lanyard, but I'm wondering if the guide is any good and if so is it worth £15?

EDIT: Just saw that getting the add-ons after already having paid for the tickets doesn't work. Does anyone know if this is possible somehow?

10. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    As I was buying for friends I didn't bother with the add ons either. I emailed them the other day to ask if I could do a separate order or add them to an existing order and they replied saying that the system currently doesn't allow it but they hope to add it in the future and will let me know. If not then the items will be available in the show store (gulp!)

I'll let you know if they come back with an update in the future. Hope so as I really don't want to have to brave the store for a lanyard!

11. Sithaldo

Sithaldo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    Even though I got the 3 day event tickets x2 I will imagine I'd head down on my own on the Friday as the missus will get bored very quickly if she were to go all 3 days. On the Saturday I plan to cosplay Darth Maul so she will be with me then. Sunday, not sure if she will go again, but if not I'm sure I can get a friend to come along with me.

12. Hamawald

Jun 14, 2014
    Thanks! Even though I'd like too take a look at the Store, getting it beforehand would be so much easier.

13. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    I've got a Saturday ticket. After a great day at Legoland Star Wars Day yesterday, I'm now wishing I'd gotten the weekend pass...

14. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    This has been posted in the Celebration forum but thought I should post it here. Hotels through Reed aren't available yet but some hotels are now taking bookings on their own websites. I just booked the Premier Inn last night. Others aren't taking bookings yet but will start in next week or two (50 weeks before the date).

15. wsk

wsk Jedi Padawan

Sep 30, 2013
    The Novotel and the Aloft are "booked out", will be tour hotels; there are three hotels in the area from the Ibis chain, two are fully booked up, as of last weekend the Ibis Budget London City Airport horel still had rooms - one room £559 for 5 nights with ability to cancel without fees right up to date of arrival. Ramada, Holiday Inn, the two Travel Lodges all still say they don't have their rates like ChrisLyne said, I think the Crowne is the same.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

16. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Luckily I'm only a small commute away :D

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm a long commute away (out near Heathrow). Haven't decided whether to commute or get a room. I have a friend coming from the US for it as well.

18. Jazzatola

Jazzatola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    I got a weekend ticket. It'll be my first Celebration! Really looking forward to it!

19. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Got the Friday and Sunday tickets. I waited with the purchase, for a few of my friends to make up their minds, but after I've seen that the Saturday got sold out, I immediately snatched the remaining day-tickets.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Reposting from the CE16 forum - ticket update:

Due to the overwhelming response from Star Wars fans who want to be a part of Star Wars Celebration Europe this coming July, we have added more tickets!
    Single day tickets for Star Wars Celebration Europe will be available starting January 14 at 8:00 PM GMT, 3:00 PM EST, 12:00 PM PST at www.starwarscelebration.com.
    Additional 3-Day and VIP tickets will not be available. Star Wars Celebration Europe tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
    Ticket Information

Star Wars Celebration Tickets will relaunch on January 14 at 8:00 PM GMT, 3:00 PM EST, 12:00 PM PST! Your ticket guarantees you a spot at the official Lucasfilm festival that celebrates all things Star Wars. Coming July 15-17, 2016 to the ExCeL London Exhibition Centre, Celebration will feature Star Wars cast and crew, costumes, exclusive merchandise, entertainment, exhibits, memories made with friends old and new, and never-before-seen glimpses into the future of Star Wars!

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  21. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Wow, I did not know Celebration was returning to London till spotting this the forum.

If I can go, I will aim for the Sunday, likely getting a ticket on the door.

ExCel is quite the trek for me, and I am not a morning person, so I have little need for pre-booking tickets, and have never done so for anything, before.

The idea someone mentioned in one of these threads, for a name tag combining board name with own name is a good idea. If I remember to, I will do my own.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I wouldn't count on getting a ticket on the door, whatever day. They were sold out until the decision was made to release the tickets going on sale tomorrow. If you wait you might be paying over the price to a scalper. ExCel is a haul for me as well but I've ordered for all 3 days.

23. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Based on your advice, I got a Sunday ticket.

Read the terms and conditions, and cut back on some of the personal details once I found I was agreeing to entities using my name etc in any way and media, into perpetuity.

Just hope to frag, nobody hacks their database.

24. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Woo, got the Saturday ticket that I was missing. Hope to see you lovely FF people in July!

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Glad you both were successful!