main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Car issues again. Blasted thing.

It's almost like paying off a car payment on a car I completely own. Sad thing is I love it, it's just a piece of junk. I mean, it's one year younger than me (I'm '92 it's '93) but it's one thing after another now. As much as I'd like to keep it to play around with I'll probably just end up trading it in for as much as I can get to get a new car. But I honestly don't want anything less than something sporty. -.- And manual. I'm sick of my automatic gearbox. And am envious of my friend's awesome WRX. Not that I'm looking for something like that, honestly I'd be fine with a Civic SI Coupe. Anyways. Needed to rant, thanks friends. Any feedback is lovely.

2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Eh, I have the same thing with my '99 Ford Ranger which I inherited from my dad after he died. Think I've replaced nearly everything on the inside except for the engine which is still good and, being an old Ford engine, should be for a while longer. Replaced the radiator and head gaskets a few months ago only for my transmission to decide that it only wants to move my truck in reverse so I'm waiting on that. Really the only reason I've still got it is because I have good friends who are mechanics who will do it for free labor as long as I pay for parts. But enough about that. Boards are slowing down and I hope this post gets through. I think we know why that is though.

3. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Well since half of my post was eaten up, here's the other half now that the boards calmed down:

EVERYONE ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

*drops on the floor and begins screaming*

*keeps screaming*

*screams some more*

*still screaming*

4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I have a feeling that this new trilogy is going to give us a very ripe environment for new RPing opportunities. :cool:

[​IMG]

5. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    That trailer was amazing. I can feel myself slipping back to the PT days of wanting to spoil everything. I. Must. Resist.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  6. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    And now for the second-most excited for Star Wars thing.

BATTLEFRONT! [face_hypnotized]

7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    That looks amazing. I think we all know my favorite part of that without me even having to say it. ;)

[​IMG]

greyjedi125 likes this.
  8. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    You mean the jet and rocket-packing SULLUSTAN!?

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah totally that. :p

OK, I actually liked that too. And the portable shield generator and...

[​IMG]

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  10. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I don't always get excited about a video game (even if I enjoy them)...but this looks like it could be pretty darn fun.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Heck...I'll even chime in with a HECK YEAH, on this one... ;)

*brews some coffee*

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  12. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Good Battlefront trailer. Not sure what to think of the lack of a single-player campaign. Does that mean I won't be able to play it without joining the Playstation Network, which after the hacks and mass steals of player data, is hardly on my bucket list.

Also, great Force Awakens' trailer.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  13. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    *Drinks some coffee*

That does look good, but I only have a pc so it better be cross platform and not just PlayStation.

Sent from a Kewonkian Lizard Monkey's TARDIS

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    There will apparently be a Force Awakens DLC showing the battle that made Jakku (the planet in the trailer) into a ship graveyard, too...

Sent from the World

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    The Wikipedia write-up says Microsoft Windows, Playstation 4 and Xbox One.

I only have a PS2, so this would be an incentive to jump to a PS4.

16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I only have Windows so I guess I will just remain the same :p

17. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    It's gonna have to be PS4 here for me. Not due to my computer not having the specs; just that if EA is involved, it means the game is gonna involve Origins and my friends want nothing to do with it. To be fair, I don't blame them as I think Origins is dumb but dammit I wanted my 64-player Battlefield! :p

So, anyone else see the Easter Egg in that trailer?

[​IMG]

I'm lying. There's no Easter Egg. My bosses got sent that image at work and we swore that we would see if it was in fact real or not.

Ktala and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    LOL!!!

Sent from a Kewonkian Lizard Monkey's TARDIS

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Playing Supreme Commander, where the AI can construct and sail an exotically-armed Tech 2 cruiser up to my base, I have become quite fond of domed shields, so that was my fave bit of the Battlefront trailer, along with the Sullustan; I took down many an AT-AT in the original.

Have to say though, I tended not to be fond of games where your weapons heated up, and could not be used till they cooled down.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  20. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Don't think that should be a problem unless it was stated somewhere. Blasters do use power packs - unless Disney's canon is gonna decide to change that - and the previous Battlefront games had you reload your blaster pistols and rifles unless you were a hero character like Boba Fett, Han Solo, or Leia Organa that just had infinite ammo.

21. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Well my inner soul took a blow. Couldn't find the DVD box set for the OT that I knew was lying around, decided to attempt watching A New Hope with the original, unedited VHS tape that my dad bought forever ago.......and the player that was used ripped it.

Not even a minute later, we find the DVD box set.

[​IMG]

*weary sigh* :(

22. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Ahh, damn dude! That sucks :(

I just went and looked up the iTunes versions of the OT...and they're unchanged from the blu-ray release. Greedo still shoots first. :(

23. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Actually, they are changed. There's a new opening logo on all but ANH.not that that is an improvement.

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    **Walks into the bar, and pours herself a drink..*

Wow...been awhile since I've seen this many people around.

Hehehe... We're all chomping at the bit...

and enjoying a bit of drink...

ah well.....

**Slurp**

25. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    I got a new press, and it's beautiful, and if you don't use a press for your coffee, Ktala.... [face_shame_on_you]