main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Batman: Arkham Knight - next-gen Batman by Rocksteady

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, the price gouging has started. A PS4 bundle tends to go for £350 over here.

Batman Arkham Knight bundle? £384!

It's quite, quite shameless.

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Ender why do I feel like you are an extreme mainstream kinda guy lol. You hate the Prequels, Arkham Origins, The Hobbit, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, etc :p

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  3. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Ender can be hyperbolic sometimes but in this situation he's right.

The prequels were poor beyond belief, the Hobbit is no where near what it could/should have been, Crystal skull was dire and I simply can't be arsed with Origins as it just isn't as good as the preceding two

Chewgumma likes this.
  4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Rocksteady have released a number of teasers in advance of another major trailer, showing off brief glimpses of Catwoman and Nightwing.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

Robin, Catwoman, and Nightwing all in action alongside Bats. Awesome.

Jedi Ben, Penguinator and Darkslayer like this.
  6. ekrolo2

ekrolo2 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    I really don't like the aesthetic style of the game, everything looks metallic as **** and the rain effect isn't helping it. Sure technically its great but whatever style the previous games had is now gone, replaced by generic incarnate.

7. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    :eek:
    NIGHTWING NIGHTWING NIGHTWING

8. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Looks like we might see some co-op? And it's nice to see they're not advertising "pre-order to play as these characters," that'd be a really bad move. And I spy a Batwing in there, too!

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    2 months away

My body is ready!

Darkslayer likes this.
  10. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

:p

11. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

I actually meant Nightwing, Robin and Catwoman - I know they've got these two preorder bonuses, but I'm glad those three aren't preorder only.

Darkslayer likes this.
  12. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I figured, but I still had to do that :p

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  13. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    6/23/15. The day I must finally own a decent gaming PC in order to play this sick puppy.

Darkslayer and Legolas Skywalker like this.
  14. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    If you want the season pass for this, the game is basically $100. Is it part of a bad trend? Yes. Do season passes suck? Absolutely. Am I going to get it? Hell yes, because Rocksteady haven't disappointed.

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I'll pass. It seems like a ridiculously expensive permission to obtain vaguely defined content that may end up being total crap our just mildly entertaining crap. And none of the DLC for previous games has been anything I'd call essential. So, thanks but no thanks, WB.

16. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

Catwoman was technically add-on content.

17. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I know. It was paid (it wasn't free, right?) Day One DLC and, when all is said and done, it wasn't particularly critical or essential.

18. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I thought Catwoman was free with new copies, back when Arkham City launched? Not that the content was all that great, and it wasn't even so much as additional content as forced interludes. I've sometimes wondered what the game would be like if the Catwoman DLC wasn't downloaded, but been too lazy to try that (or to look into it).

Meh, never much cared that much for season passes, I'll wait until December or next year for a Game of the Year or "Complete" version or something. I doubt my current computer could play the PC version anyway. Might get the PS4 version at launch though.

Is it me, or does it seem like the limited editions have all sold out already? At least on Amazon. The "regular" statue one, not the Batmobile one (that sold out like in a week). I'm just wondering if there will be more supply at launch or not, hard to tell these days.

19. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    You're correct Nobody145, the Catwoman content was free with new copies. I don't think the core game is affected at all if you play without it. That's how tacked on it is.

20. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Yeah but the E3 demo for City featured Catwoman quite prominently. It was probably some of the first gameplay we saw.

Point is this is hardly new, and I think Rocksteady at least realize they have to put out good content. I'm in because I'm a diehard Batman fanboy, is what I should really be saying, come to think of it :p

21. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Anyone heard about the Batgirl DLC?

22. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I think Catwoman was a preorder bonus for City

23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Rocksteady is probably not making the calls on what DLC is or is not included in the season pass, is the issue for me. WB consistently does nothing to warrant my trust vis a vis the vidya.

24. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

That is a good point. The DLC content, though, does look pretty good.

25. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    The season pass looks more worthwhile than Origin's one ever was.....there was a skin in that pass that could be easily unlocked within the regular story mode!