main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  2. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Darth PJ and Darth Haggai like this.
  3. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I'm not saying it is the truth....I could just see that being the big "twist" since all of the other stuff feels pretty much contrived too.

4. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Uber's Lair, Luke's Academy, or... the underground portion of the imperial base for their superweapon?

5. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    T-R- and starocean90 like this.
  6. BloodStripe

BloodStripe Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 16, 1999
    Oh, my stars YES.

It's like bobbyroberts keeps saying: the fact that the premise of the movie raises questions is a good thing even if the story doesn't answer them all in a literal, definitive fashion.

7. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    the underground portion of the imperial basefor their superweapon

8. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
  9. darthmomm

darthmomm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    A friend of mine insists they also filmed in North Carolina too
    She stated she worked on the production, I have no reason to not believe her- she worked on the Hunger Games as well

Satipo likes this.
  10. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Probably mistaken for another movie that was filming there. But it sure would be really cool! Hope to hear more about this cave soon.

Where's MSW been? Waiting til after May 4th perhaps?

11. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    Theres no way I can definitively say Ill hate or love TFA....but if your going to put your full faith in what MSW has leaked....then yeah i think theres enough there to form a good or bad feeling....or maybe a bit of both.

There are things there that sound absolutely fantastic....my favorite right now being Poe and his squads ridiculously slick looking x-wings throwing down with First Order forces in Atmosphere....

but then there are other things that I just fundamentaly disagree with from a Story Creating perspective....like Luke and his Jedi getting Order 66'ed...and him ending up essentially just like Yoda and Obi-Wan in Exile. Im not sure there is any context or explanation that will get me on board with that.....i.e..The Jedi having no presence or as little as The Dark Times.....30 years after Return of the Jedi[face_not_talking].....its just a massive No No for me....and not something I want a ST built around.

Will i still watch TFA and hope that it can convince me otherwise???? Yeah..Ive loved 1-6 too much not to at least give it a chance.

Blazer-Smith and starocean90 like this.
  12. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    I wonder if Lucasfilm asked for MSW stop publish spoiler?

13. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003

It would be pretty cool if the location filmed at Skellig Michael is actually hollow and opens to this cave structure.

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  14. Darth Haggai

Darth Haggai Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 7, 2014
    what would make a "compelling" story to you?? people keep saying its not compelling, but they don't know how to make it that way... just saying.

15. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    According to Wookiepedia there was indeed a New Republic at the time of the battle of Jakku that we will see in Battlefront. They must have been beaten into becoming a resistance again in the years since. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/New_Republic/Canon

EHT likes this.
  16. Messi

Messi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2015
    T-R- and DarthLightlyBruise like this.
  17. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    maybe it has something to do with this rumored 'Jedi detector' weapon. So the secret academy needed to be done underground. ;)

T-R- and starocean90 like this.
  18. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    The resistance could be a militia that is fighting off the First Order in a sector of the galaxy.

19. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Or...
    The New Republic is active and alive, while the resistance is a pro-New Republic movement in Imperial space.

20. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    They have not filmed in that cave for TFA. They will use that location for the spin off.

21. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Yes, please. This would be amazing. I always felt that the Hobbit films should have filmed underground scenes (such as Gollum's cave) in a real location, and was always met with "that would be impossible and too expensive - the studio is fine!" responses from the Tolkien film fandom. If TFA, or Episode XIII, or Rogue One, does it instead, I will be happy (and vindicated).

That said, I was watching Game of Thrones the other night, and I couldn't help but think that something akin to the interior of the House of Black and White would have made a much more evocative Jedi Temple than the massive mall/ mega yoga studio we got in the PT. If the ST goes with something far more mysterious (and ancient) for the Jedi Academy, in either the TFA flashbacks or for whatever Jedi Temple(s) might be created for Episodes 8 and 9, I will be really happy.

And these caves could be a great spot for that.

Master_Lok and Messi like this.
  22. Messi

Messi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2015
    Before the PT was released, my toughts about the Jedi Council/Temple were way different that the ones the movies showed up to us. Actually all the cleaning, light, brightness and the design itself of hte Jedi Council was a deception to me. I always imagined something dark, rustic with an aura of mistery.

23. Valin Halcyon

Valin Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2014
    Personally that's why I like the Jedi temple to be the temple on Yavin 4. The look of that place and it's remoteness make it feel more right for a place that Jedi would use. I was not crazy about the Coruscant temple. I hope some where in the next 3 movies we get a more rustic and mysterious Jedi temple.

Messi and DarthLightlyBruise like this.
  24. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014

Some kind of atmosphere would have been good.

25. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

Yes, that sounds like it would be an amazing setting for some Force flavored goings on.

T-R- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.