main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I don't think Taab's bucket is big enough to fit his swagger. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Be careful, he might behead you after arriving like that. :p

[​IMG]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    To translate the recent HSN headline, any team can pick up Fortune without penalty because it is not a trade. I had considered (and indeed initially posted) that Fortune would have to go through waivers during the 48 hour waiting period, but I decided that was inconsistent with other rules. Ergo, he's just like any other free agent at any time.

4. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Come on, Bardan_Jusik, you know the Mercs want him back. The Rancor Pitt knows it to be true. [face_devil]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I am considering it. :p Had the news come out before I had my post ready to go I probably would have added something in there about the situation.

[​IMG]

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    The Pitt boys probably are going to go crazy about it, especially if the Mercs can snag him.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Like they're not crazy already.

[​IMG]

8. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    My post is up on why Fortune and the Starkillers parted ways. It was not an easy decision, I wish I had been able to trade him last off-season. I want to give a shout out to Jedi Gunny for his excellent post. Losing these two in a row and watching my team go from first to last place was not easy, but his post included a nice dedication by my franchise and my fans. That's what I aim for my franchise to be above all else. A franchise/planet that recognizes our own and respects our opponents.

Fortune does leave a son behind on Ralltiir. Marty is Martin's namesake. I'm not sure that Fortune and Justyne will split, but it's likely and I doubt the Ralltiirian courts will be siding with Andres on any custody disputes.

Good luck to everyone for a great finish to 280.

Jedi Gunny, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    The relationship is a little complex given that the Vigos own the team, but if I was friends with Justyne and Andres, I'd hope that their relationship was strong enough that they could stay together, even though Andres would play the Starkillers once a year. Of course, Andres is pretty upset right now, so I could see why he wouldn't be in a mood to reconcile. I can see things being really tough for Justyne as a result.

Then again, this is the caveman we're talking about. No sympathy from me.

Jedi Gunny, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008

Aw shucks. [face_blush]

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Clearly Fortune doesn't have what it takes to play for a winning first class organization which is why he left Ralltiir and refused to come back to the Mercs in order to sign with that so called "team" that plays on Nal Hutta's moon. :p

Love the idea that he spurned the Mercs once again, especially to go to their most hated rival. So much potential there. :cool:

[​IMG]

12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Fortune went to a team with more cup wins than I know off the top of my head. This is awesome, I know he's happy. Justyne under no circumstances would move her kids there. He hopefully took all his belongings because Ralltirians hate him and would yell obscenities on the street to him as he passed by. Circling the Smugglers/Starkillers game as one to watch next season now. :D

the only way I see Justyne and Anres reconciling is if they live on a neutral planet during the off-season

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    They certainly picked up a bargain there with the waiver wire move. If this was RL, and he had stuck it out through the end of the year, his price tag would have gone way up.

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Would she have lived on Mandalore? They're very family oriented there. (I'm being serious--they are.)

Lots of professional athletes basically separate from their spouses and families during the season. I think I heard that the San Jose Sharks' former head coach Ron Wilson worked in San Jose while his family lived in North Carolina or some place like that. I don't understand how they do that, but at least limmie season is much shorter than the NHL's seven month regular season, plus another two months of playoffs.

15. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    If Justyne remains on the dance team I doubt she'd move anywhere.

I think their best option is the neutral planet. No matter where Fortune had gone I don't think he'd be welcomed back on Ralltiir, at least until the dust settles....or Ralltiir wins a title (especially if they manage to win one before Nar Shadda).

16. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Hey, if it can work for Polis and Meredith......

These last two weeks in the Skywalker Conference are about one thing: the Mercs and the Smugglers setting up a rematch of their bitter rivalry in the playoffs.

Here's to a strong finish for both teams. :cool:

Let's also hope Kashyyyk loses the last two games, okay?

Trieste, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Couldn't agree with you more. :p

[​IMG]

18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I have to admit that the first thing I thought of with the WWL from today regarding the LFL bullet point was that it would facilitate Gark's return to the League in an ownership position.

Just that it wouldn't be affiliated with the Senators in any way, shape, or form.

Game = broken. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Fixed. :D

jcgoble3 likes this.
  20. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Trieste, Jedi Gunny, Vehn and 2 others like this.
  21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Good luck Runner, you're gonna need it. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I know the Big Board is late in being uploaded, so I'll just blame the interns for their tardiness in getting the report ready. :D

A.K.A. you'll get it soon.

And, if the scores don't look favorable, don't blame me, blame the old die roller program. ;) There's a reason we hate it.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  23. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I was considering putting Hapes in the draft this year. But after seeing the Big Board the last couple of weeks, maybe not. :p

Trieste likes this.
  24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Good thing not all the players are on the Big Board. There may be a few diamonds in the rough. ;)

25. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    But are they female? :p