main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Secret Ally: Scoundrel Trouble diary challenge Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I walked to where Han was kneeled down on the ground pulling up weeds causing me to feel some satisfaction. Fress wasn’t too far behind me as I gave his leg a light kick, hard enough to lightly bruise the skin causing Han to curse. He looked up and the anger immediately fell and turned to one of terror. I levitated him into the air and turned him upside down. “Leia already gave me permission in case you were wondering.”

“What are you going to do? Force choke me?” Han questioned with a frown.

“I asked Leia, but lucky for you she said no because I would’ve otherwise,” I answered honestly. “But I can torment you within reason,” I explained with a serious expression. “Han, that drug could’ve permanently paralyzed me. Luckily I have a good medic who made sure that didn’t happen. I spent three days in the med ward. On top of that, you kidnapped my daughter and dragged her halfway across the galaxy to where a bunch of dangerous people live called the Night sisters clan. What have you got to say for yourself?”

“I made a mistake bringing her here,” Han quickly agreed as his face turned red. It must be from all the blood rushing to his head. “I did a stupid thing to you and I’m sorry. I acted desperately without thinking.”

“Obviously,” I gritted my teeth. “Did Leia mention she wasn’t interested in the Prince and was only being kind about them pushing? She loves you, Han. If I were you, I would beg for her mercy on your knees and her forgiveness. Don’t make the same mistake I made because you will lose Leia. Jealousy can be an ugly thing. The last person to push himself onto Padme in a sexual way in front of me ended up needing stitches. Padme would not speak to me for a week after that incident and it nearly cost me my marriage.”

“She mentioned it shortly after she woke up,” Han answered honestly. “Then it turned into a fight.”

“That’s enough, dad,” Leia spoke from behind me. “Han has learned his lesson, I didn’t talk to him the entire way here.”

“Really?” I questioned as Han nodded in agreement as I righted him in the air then deliberately lost my concentration dropping Han on the ground the last few feet. He hit the ground rear end first with a loud thud and grunted as he glared at me. “I lost my concentration. It must’ve had to do with you hitting me on the back of my head.”

“I find that hard to believe,” Han said as he stood up and dusted himself off. “Are you done?”

“For now, yes he is,” Leia warned as she stared me down. “Did you really have to kick him?”

“It wasn’t that hard,” I reassured Leia with a frown. “It’s just hard enough to lightly bruise him, he’s not permanently damaged,” I walked to Han and grabbed him from the collar. “On the other hand I feel like punching him just once.”

“No,” Leia spoke up causing me to pause. “You had your fun with him, and I warned you not to overdo it. Don’t push your luck. Remember, I outrank you.” I let go of Han’s collar and groaned as Leia reminded me that my own daughter outranked me. “You’re in enough hot water as is after what you did with Ta’Chume.”

Han’s interest peaked as Chewie walked up beside Han with a low growl. “He did did he?” He looked at me with a frown as Chewie explained what I did. “You encased the Queen of Hapes in carbonite? Due to her taking out a contract on Leia and me? Thanks dad, better get used to sleeping with one eye open. I heard she’s not one to be trifled with.”

“I had to deal with Xizor before blowing him up while he was on his sky hook. Mainly because he was attempting to kill Luke,” I explained causing Han’s mouth to drop open. “I didn’t tell you that story did I? This happened while you were still encased in carbonite…” Which by that time Leia grabbed my arm and shook her head warningly causing me to raise an eyebrow. “Leia, is there something you forgot to mention?”

“Can we talk about this later, dad?” Leia questioned with a frown. “Without Han being present,” which only caused Chewie to huff and chuckle. “Shove it fur ball before I make a carpet out of you.”

Han and I looked at each other and I could tell he was wondering what happened between Xizor and Leia. “Chewie, mind telling the story? I know Xizor was good for getting women into bed with him….” I paused for a second as I felt blood drain from my face. “Please tell me you didn’t sleep with him?”

“Almost,” Leia answered honestly causing Han’s jaw to drop open. “When I realized he wanted to do more then just talk. I realized I was in danger and he admitted he was using me to get to Luke. The reason remained unclear, but now it makes sense, it was to get revenge against you, wasn’t it?” I gave a confirmation nod waiting for her tell the rest of the story. “Chewie went to get help, I warned him to tell Luke to stay away. I turned around and kicked Xizor in the groin.”

“Leia, my child,” I said in a delighted tone. “You just made my day,” I wrapped my arm around Leia’s shoulders. “That’s my girl, you are good at handling yourself despite Xizor having the advantage over you and you kicked my arch enemy right in the southern region.”

Han smirked as he walked to Leia and hugged her. “I’m just glad you have good senses and it didn’t get too far,” he kissed Leia on the lips as she accepted the kiss deepening it.

I could sense the relief wash from her causing me to smile. That was something on her mind that needed to be cleared up with Han. I have a feeling things would be all right between Han and Leia. Just need to get Isolder to realize that Teneniel is his destiny and not Leia.

------------------
    Nyota's Heart, Jedi_Lover, AzureAngel2, earlybird-obi-wan, Gemma, DaenaBenjen42

Gemma and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] and =D= Love how things were "cleared up" [face_mischief] Yup, getting Xizor in the nether regions LOL ;)

Gemma, AzureAngel2 and Falcon like this.
  3. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Yep, that passage during Shadows still makes me chuckle... Pheremones! That, and either Lando or Luke being the one that blew up the building...

Gemma, AzureAngel2 and Falcon like this.
  4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    HA! Most of the profics I haven't read in years, did Leia really kick Xizor in the groin? HA! I bet she did. Nice update!

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love Leia and Han in this update full of mischief and humor

AzureAngel2, Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    “Obviously,” I gritted my teeth. “Did Leia mention she wasn’t interested in the Prince and was only being kind about them pushing? She loves you, Han. If I were you, I would beg for her mercy on your knees and her forgiveness. Don’t make the same mistake I made because you will lose Leia. Jealousy can be an ugly thing. The last person to push himself onto Padme in a sexual way in front of me ended up needing stitches. Padme would not speak to me for a week after that incident and it nearly cost me my marriage.”

Another thing that is nice about this AU story is that your Ani is a clever learner. :D

Gemma, Nyota's Heart and Falcon like this.
  7. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Wonderful update -- loved the kiss at the end of the chapter.

Nyota's Heart and Falcon like this.
  8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I sat and listened to Han as he described the damages the Falcon sustained during his flight down to the planet. It didn’t sound good, but the Falcon did sound like it was repairable. I glanced at Leia, she was staring at the fire. She looked tired to me. “Leia, why don’t you go to bed? You’ve had a few busy days,” Leia didn’t respond as I gently touched her shoulder. Her head tilted to the side causing me to smile slightly. I stood up and gathered her into my arms. “Han., I’ll be back in a minute. I’m going to enjoy this while I still can.”

Han gave an understanding smile as I walked towards the house that we were given permission to sleep in for the time being. Leia stirred as she blinked sleepily. “Dad? What’s going on?”

“You fell asleep as Han was telling me about the repairs the Falcon needs,” I answered as she wrapped her arms around my neck. “Mind if I milked this before you marry?”

“I’m too tired to argue,” Leia answered as she leaned her head against my shoulder. “Milk away. You know you won’t be able to do this for me forever.”

“I know,” I answered with a sigh as I walked into the home. “I’m going to continue until you make me stop.”

“I was afraid you were going to say that,” Leia answered as she watched me with a smile. “How are you going to behave when I’m pregnant when the time comes.”

“Excited,” I answered honestly with a grin. “I love you, Leia. You’re an amazing daughter.”

“You’re an interesting father,” Leia commented with a slight smile. “Life’s not boring around you. I love you, dad,” I entered a small bedroom and lay her on the bed. “Did you want to tuck me in?”

“Sure,” I answered as I pulled sheets over Leia. I bent down and kissed her forehead. “Good night, Leia. I’ll see you in the morning,” Leia smiled gently before falling back asleep again.
    ---------------
    “What’s the plan?” I questioned as I sat back down near the fire as Han shook his head. “If we can get the Falcon here and scrap parts from another ship. We can make the ship space worthy enough to get the Falcon on the Executer…”

“Where is this ship going to come from?” Han questioned with a frown as Teneniel and Isolder sat down. “They destroyed Isolder’s ship and Luke’s x-wing.”

“The Night Sisters are working on this ship in hopes of escaping the planet,” Teneniel informed us with a frown. “If we sneak into the complex we can get the needed parts….”

“That’s not a bad idea,” I agreed with a frown. “The problem is we don’t know where to look once we’re in…”

“You’ll need a guide who knows where this ship is,” Teneniel suggested with a frown causing me to nod in agreement.

“Do you know of anyone who could map the complex out for us?” I questioned with a frown as Teneniel gave a hesitant nod. “I don’t care about her background, as long as she can help us. It’s worth a shot.”

“We’ll prepare to leave in the morning,” Teneniel said with a slight nod as Isolder wrapped an arm around the young girl’s shoulders causing me to smile. Isolder was falling in love with the girl. I hoped Isolder realized what was suddenly in front of him.
    ---------------------
    Barukka as to my understanding used to be the sister to the current leader of the night sisters clan. She left the clan after learning the errors of her ways. Or it was possible Gethzerion’s pushed her sister too far. Which was also a possibility. I climbed up onto the Rancor that was going to take me to Barukka. Luke climbed up behind me as Han and Leia shared a Ranchor and Isolder and Teneniel shared theirs. Two more from the Singing Mountain clan sisters offered to come and guide us to where Barukka exiled herself. I am glad that Fress and Ahsoka didn’t tell me to exile myself after returning from the dark side. Maybe I could help Barukka getting herself out. Being alone was no fun. Fress and Ahsoka climbed up on another Rancor. “Feels like old times, right Padawan?”

“Master, it’s been too long time since we did anything extensive like this,” Fress agreed with a smirk as Teneniel signaled they were ready to begin as some of the clan members finished prepping the Rancors.

The Ranchor I rode was named Tosha and the others were her children. I was grateful that not all Rancors were mean and angry. The one in Jabba’s Palace was mistreated. Luke did understand that. “Thank you, Tosha for doing this for us.”

Tosha roared back as I sensed her delight at being thanked. “Well son, what do you think?”

“It’s a pretty solid ride and I thought it was going to feel weird,” Luke answered honestly. “I’m glad they’re on our side.”

“Me too,” I agreed with a smile. “You don’t mind riding up here with your old man?”

“Nope,” Luke answered honestly though I felt his amusement through the Force. “I enjoy spending time with you, dad. Even though this isn’t what I really had in mind.”

“When this is all said and done, how about a camping trip. Just the three of us before your sister ties the knot,” I suggested with a hopeful smile.

“Sounds like fun,” Luke answered as the Rancor made her way through the thick jungle with ease. “It’s okay if Kay came along,” he suggested. “I’m sure Leia won’t mind either. She is our little sister now.”

“We’ll run it by Leia first to see how she feels about it,” I agreed with a genuine smile. How did I end up with two wonderful children? “Thank you for offering that spot with Kay.”

“She’s done you some good, dad,” Luke pointed out. “Leia and I both see that and we know the kind of man mom fell in love with all those years ago.”

I gave a slight smile and nod. “Thank you, for giving me a chance to be in your life.”

“I don’t regret it, and neither does Leia,” Luke answered causing me to grin. “We enjoy spending time with you. You really make life interesting.”

“That’s what your mother said,” I smirked as I heard Luke groan behind me. It’s something he most likely didn’t need to hear but I just couldn’t help myself. Luke set himself up without realizing it.

“I didn’t need to hear that,” Luke moaned after a minute of silence.

I lightly chuckled as we continued to make our way through the forest. We should be at Barukka’s tomorrow at noon. It also depended if the ride went smoothly or not. As long as we didn’t run into any trouble first, this should be quick and easy.
    ------------------------
    Nyota's Heart, AzureAngel2, earlybird-obi-wan, DaenaBenjen42, Gemma, Jedi_Lover

AzureAngel2 and Gemma like this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful family time & a viable strategy. But of course it won't be quick or easy [face_laugh] but it will always be interesting ;)

AzureAngel2, Gemma and Falcon like this.
  10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I am just picturing the three of them around a campfire and making smores. :p You know, I would love to see Rancors in EP7. I just think seeing humans riding those beasts would be cool. Nice update.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Wonderful how he was with Leia and Luke and with the rancor. He is a great father

AzureAngel2, Gemma and Falcon like this.
  12. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I love the whole idea of this story and it's cool to see Anakin in their lives.

AzureAngel2, Nyota's Heart and Falcon like this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Agreed! Especially for this part. I am forgetting any other version of COPL. [face_laugh] Way better to have Ta'A Chume carbonitized. [face_mischief]

Gemma, Falcon and AzureAngel2 like this.
  14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “I love you, Leia. You’re an amazing daughter.”

“You’re an interesting father,” Leia commented with a slight smile. “Life’s not boring around you. I love you, dad,” I entered a small bedroom and lay her on the bed. “Did you want to tuck me in?”

“Sure,” I answered as I pulled sheets over Leia. I bent down and kissed her forehead. “Good night, Leia. I’ll see you in the morning,” Leia smiled gently before falling back asleep again.

That was a very sweet and tender moment that you described here! [:D] You write Anakin as I always wanted him to be.

Gemma, Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  15. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I held onto the reins of Tosha as we approached a cave Teneniel claimed that Barukka lived in for her time during exile trying to find her-self again. It saddened me that they forced night sisters that turn back to the light side in exile when they needed the support in the worst way at that point. I slid off the Rancor and joined Ahsoka and Fress at the foot of the cave as I wrapped my arms around the girls. They both looked at me in confusion as I tightened my grip in a hug. “I just want to say, thank you for not forcing me into exile.”

“You needed support in the worst way, and we could never do that to you, Anakin. You wouldn’t do well in a lone setting like this,” Fress answered with a small smile.

“I have considered it,” Ahsoka teased causing me to glare at her in warning. I was trying to be serious and Ahsoka was in a teasing mood. “Relax Anakin, I agree with everything Fress had said.”

I released my grip as Luke and Leia walked up behind us. I stepped into the cave not sensing anything from the dark side in it. I turned my attention to Teneniel with a frown. “All I sense is the light side in here. Maybe Augwynne will reconsider bringing her back into the fold. When you turn away from the dark side, it’s easier to stay on the straight and narrow when you have support from those that care about you.”

“You speak as if you have turned to the dark side,” Tenniel observed with a frown.

“That’s because I have been there and back,” I answered honestly. “I was known as Vader for twenty-one years,” I explained with a frown. “I’m thankful to be given a second chance and to have my family and friends back in my life.”

“I see,” Teneniel answered as I looked around the cave. There were some personal items scattered around the cave as well as a smoldering fire with a pot sitting over the fire pit.

“If I had to guess, she’s out and about but hopefully the food over the fire means not for long,” I commented as I observed the small enclosure. I sensed someone walk up behind the group causing me to turn towards the entrance as a woman walked in with purple bruises all over her face. I raised an eyebrow and I thought Palpatine getting zapped with dark side energy was bad. I didn’t realize that it could have such a negative effect.

“What are you doing inside my house?” Barukka questioned with an angry expression. “I must warn you now, I am in exile.”

“We know,” I agreed as I stepped forward. “Barukka, we’ve come for your help. I am Jedi Master Anakin Skywalker.”

“Yes yes, the off worlder who has come to destroy our planet,” Barukka explained as she waved a hand and muttered from words.

I stared at Barukka with a confused expression as I glanced behind me at Fress and Ahsoka who both looked equally confused. Han, Luke, and Leia stepped around Barukka as I turned my attention to her. “Then you know why we have come.”

“Yes I am aware of the reason for your visit,” Barukka answered as she waved her hand muttering words as the sand at our feet formed into a living structure of the nightsister’s clan and complex of the Imperial garrison appeared. I felt a strong surge through the Force and I knew Barukka was a strong Force user. Little figures walked around as Han and Luke studied the structure. I had agreed not to go with them, I have met the leader of the nightsisters and I had a feeling she would recognize me through the Force. I knew my children were more than capable of handling the complex. Ahsoka and Chewbacca both planned to hang back with me in case we needed to get them out in a hurry.

Han pointed to a door as Luke nodded in agreement discussing their point of entry into the building. “Where is the ship located?” Fress questioned as Barukka pointed to a small tower inside the complex.

“Looks like it shouldn’t be too difficult to find the ship once we’re inside,” Han commented as Barukka hissed her sister’s name and the sculpture collapsed without warning.

“We’ll set up camp here tonight,” I said with a frown as everyone nodded. We had arrived a little later than expected and it was starting to get late. I walked to Barukka taking her by the hands and leading her to the side. I raised a hand and healed one of the purple bruises on the side of her face. “And we’ll work on your healing tonight. I know what it’s like to turn from the dark side.”

“Thank you, Barukka, I will let my grandmother know of your willingness to help us,” Teneniel spoke causing me to smile a bit.

Barukka raised a hand and felt around where the purple bruise used to be with tears in her eyes. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” I walked to the fire pit and started building the fire back up again. Barukka sat down by the fire as I walked to her side and began healing her wounds from her brush with the dark side. I sensed her uneasiness about me helping her at first. The uneasiness eased as the night went on.

-------------------------
    DaenaBenjen42, Nyota's Heart, Jedi_Lover, Gemma, AzureAngel2, earlybird-obi-wan,

AzureAngel2 and Gemma like this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sensible plan & nice turnaround for Barukka. @};-

AzureAngel2 and Falcon like this.
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice to see him helping Barukka

18. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Wonder what condition the ship will be in when they find it?

19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for pointing out the ship, Gemma. I also started to wonder about that one!

“You speak as if you have turned to the dark side,” Tenniel observed with a frown.

“That’s because I have been there and back,” I answered honestly. “I was known as Vader for twenty-one years,” I explained with a frown. “I’m thankful to be given a second chance and to have my family and friends back in my life.”

I am also glad he never forgets that he is living his second life, his chance for redemption. :D

Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  20. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I paced back and forth as Ahsoka, Chewie, and I waited for the others to emerge from the Night sisters compound with the parts for the Falcon with them. If everything went according to plan, they should be able to fix the Falcon and get it on the Executer for a more thorough repair job. I was nervous.

“Relax Anakin, they’ll be fine,” Ahsoka reassured with a smile. “They’ve been in tighter situations then this.”

“I know,” I said with a weary smile. “They’re my kids, I can’t help it.”

“Is the offer,” Ahsoka started to say but stopped herself. “Rex and I…”

“Have you decided to adopt?” I questioned with a small smile as Ahsoka nodded. “I’ll help with the legal fees. The offer still stands.”

“Thanks Ani,” Ahsoka hugged me as I returned the hug. “We appreciate it.”

“You’re welcome, Snips,” I whispered back. “I’m happy for you both. We’ll talk to the adoption agency when we get back.”

Ahsoka smiled as I sensed Luke and Leia feeling stressed causing me to pause as I turned my attention to the compound. “Did you sense that?”

Ahsoka nodded as she turned her attention to the complex as I felt more shock come off of Leia then nothing. //Leia?// I received nothing over the Force bond causing me to feel panic. Luke reached out to me to reassure me. I sent him back a sense of disbelief. You think I was born yesterday, don’t you son?I looked up as an YT1300 burst into the air and flew low. There was smoke trailing from the ship as Tosha picked me up and placed me on her back. “Follow that ship.”

Tosha roared taking off in the direction of the ship as Chewie and Ahsoka followed closely behind with the other Rancors. I watched as they dumped the spare parts and then jumped themselves as Tosha and the others doubled their pace.

As we reached the group, Han Solo was plugging up a hole in one of the two jugs of coolant. I searched the group but didn’t see Leia with them. “Luke, where is your sister?” Luke looked away as did Han and Fress. None of them could look me in the eyes. “I asked a question, where is my daughter?”

Fress was the first to turn her attention to me as she bit the bottom of her lip and twisted her hands nervously. “Leia turned herself in to serve as a distraction when the mission turned south. The night sisters will be coming for the Falcon. We have to get the ship fixed and off planet as soon as possible. We can make arrangements to rescue Leia later.”

I looked towards Han as I felt my heart sink at the news of what Leia did. He still couldn’t meet me in the eyes.“Why didn’t you stop her? If Zsinj gets a hold of her, he’ll use her to get to me.”

“I tried to talk her out of it,” Han said in a defeated tone. “She was determined to do it anyways.She just asks you not to hurt me.”

I suddenly felt panicked.If Zsinj gets his hands on Leia I was almost positive the outcome would be bad. Leia shouldn’t have done this and it had me very worried.First thing we get the Falcon repaired and off planet.I had a feeling Leia would be on the destroyer by then. Fress grabbed my arm leading me back to the Rancor.“I have to go after her.”

“Leia asked me to make sure you didn’t.We get back, fix the Falcon and get off planet. We’ll have to get our X-wings ready to leave with him.”

“No,” I argued as Fress watched me with concern.“I can’t leave my baby here.”

“You have too, Anakin,” Fress stared me down crossing her arms over her chest. “You don’t have a choice. We get the Falcon fixed then we’ll go and rescue Leia. The night sisters are more powerful then Palpatine, without an exit plan, you won’t make it out alive. The last thing we need is you getting tempted by the dark side again. You’ll be executed for sure. “

That caused me to pause as I shook my head. I couldn’t just leave Leia here.Did Fress have a vision of me falling again if I rushed in?I lowered my head in defeat. “I’ll trust you, for now,” I emphasized my tone on the word now.I climbed up on Tosha and looked at Fress. “I will have to go back for her.I can’t leave her here.”

“We will get her back, but rushing in will cause you to become Vader again,” Fress explained with a relieved smile. “I had a vision about you and it didn’t end well.”

I took a deep breath and slowly released it. Fress was preventing me from falling a second time. I swallowed hard and nodded. “We’ll come back with a plan.”

The last thing I needed to have happen was fall and become Vader again. As Vader I had no feelings and could care less on who I hurt in order to complete missions. I killed without second thought and if I allowed myself to become that person. I would be executed letting the twins and Kay down and I just couldn’t bear the thought of breaking their hearts.

----------------

Nyota's Heart, AzureAngel2, Jedi_Lover, earlybird-obi-wan, DaenaBenjen42, Gemma

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awesome post and a riveting development! Definitely a difficult choice to make, but a necessary one. [face_nail_biting] =D= Certainly an IC thing for Leia to do as well.

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    WOW the tension is building. Let them make the right decisions

23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Isolder and Teneniel were holding hands all the way back to the Singing Mountain clan. I suspected that he proposed to her, which caused me to smile a bit. I just hoped that meant when all of this was over, everything could go back to normal. I shook my head as I sensed the Rancors discomfort at being pushed to full capacity. As I understood it, Rancors don’t sweat and they cooled off by swimming in the water. There were no lakes nearby to allow them to have a cooling off period. “Teneniel, maybe we should stop to allow the Rancors to rest a bit?”

Teneniel nodded as she pulled her Rancor to a stop as I pulled Tosha to a stop. I glanced behind me to Luke with a frown. “There are no lakes nearby. We can use the Force to cool them off.”

Luke nodded as he slid off of Tosha as I followed him. I laid down my hand against Tosha’s skin and touched her with the Force dropping her body temperature. I sensed Tosha’s relief causing me to smile. It was only temporary but it was the only thing I could do to help her. “Sorry to push this on you girl, but we just don’t have a choice at the moment,” Tosha roared and I sensed her agreement through the Force causing me to smile. They understood more than one could easily give them credit for.

I moved to the next Rancor as Luke moved to another and did the same as I did. I touched the animal with my mind lowering the body temperature. I noticed Fress and Ahsoka had caught onto what we were doing and I sensed them helping the Rancors they were riding before Luke or I had a chance to get to them.

“We should get moving,” Teneniel commented as I climbed back up on Tosha as Luke followed me.

I nodded as Teneniel led us back to Singing Mountain Clan. I felt horrible pushing this much strain on the Rancors. It amazed me on how much their tolerance level was. They were treated well by the Singing Mountain sisters that they didn’t seem to mind.

I was worried about Leia. I just hoped Zsinj didn’t treat her badly but my instincts told me otherwise. I was almost positive he would use her to draw me in. I was the number one target on the Imperial’s bounty lists these days. So far no bounty hunter wanted to even try to go against me. My fearsome reputation is what kept the bounty hunters at bay these days. I just hoped Leia was all right until I could get a chance to rescue her.

I was so preoccupied with my thoughts I didn’t notice another Rancor and rider joining the group. “Hey Sky Guy,” Ahsoka snapped me out of my thoughts causing me to look at her as she nodded off to the other rider. “Look who just joined the party.”

“Ventress?” I questioned in shock as she nodded. “What are you doing here and when did you get planet side?”

“Two hours ago,” Ventress answered easily. “Nice to see you again, Skywalker.”

“Are you here to collect me as a bounty or did Ta’Chume send you?” I questioned in curiosity. She was the only one who I could think of that would attempt to collect the bounty on my head.

“Now now Palpatine’s pet, is that any way to treat an old friend?” Ventress questioned with a smirk causing me to frown. “I was here visiting the Singing Mountain Clan. Mother Augwynne allowed me to join years ago. She asked me to come to assist. What’s this about the Queen of Hapes?”

I don’t believe it. She’s not after for me? That’s the first, I thought to myself as I shook my head. “I welcome the help,” I glanced over to where Isolder was riding another Rancor causing me to smirk. “Nothing too hasty.”

“Nothing too hasty?” I heard Fress questioned in shock. “You call encasing the Queen of Hapes into carbonite and shipping her back to Hapes dangerous prisoner style not a hasty decision? You need to have your head examined.”

“What did she ever do to you?” Ventress questioned with a frown.

“Long story short, her son asked to marry my daughter and she took a contract out to kill Leia and Han,” I explained as I sensed Ventress’s amusement through the Force. “I wanted to make sure I had plenty of time to make it here and find them before she did. “

“You sure have a way with people, Skywalker,” Ventress observed causing me to shake my head.

“My daughter is being held by the Night Sisters,” I explained with a worried expression. “If they attempt to use her to trade with Zsinj for transport off planet, I can see Zsinj using Leia to get to me.”

“Leia looks like Amidala,” Ventress observed as she watched me closely.

“Padme and I married at the beginning of the Clone Wars,” I answered with a smirk.

“That explains why you two always hung around each other,” Ventress took a quick glance behind me. “So you’re one of the Skywalker brats. Your father and I have a history that goes all the way back to the Clone Wars.”

“I’m guessing part of that history isn’t a happy one,” Luke observed causing me to grin. My son was smart and quick on the uptake at times.

“She was Dooku’s Sith apprentice, she’s no longer that person anymore,” I explained with a frown. “We’ve had more than a few run ins with each other from opposite sides of the enemy lines. If it wasn’t for Ventress, we never would’ve known who set up Ahsoka.”

“After Palpatine ordered my execution,” Ventress spoke up causing me to look at her. “You decide to become his pet? What did he say to get you to join him?”

“None of your business,” I snapped causing Ventress to smile mischievously. “It was a mistake. Padme died due to that decision and Palpatine attempted to kill Luke in front of me. I killed Palpatine by picking him up and tossing him down the turbo lift shaft.”

“You could’ve sold tickets to that,” Ventress observed with a small grin. “I would’ve loved to be a fly on the wall that day.”

“I bet you would,” I agreed with a small smirk. “Ever since I defected, I’ve become the top of the list of bounties.”

“I know, but as far as I can tell they still would rather work for you then turn you in,” Ventress said as a small smile tugged on her lips. “Consider this a freebee. I’ll help you get Leia back if you do a favor for me?”

“And this favor of yours?” I questioned as I took a quick glance at her. “Anything at this point.”

“A promise made by Tano when I helped her during the Clone Wars,” Ventress explained causing me to raise an eyebrow.

“Ahsoka, what is she talking about?” I questioned as I turned my attention to my old friend causing her to give an embarrassed smile.

“I forgot about it, sorry Ventress,” Ahsoka apologized. “I promised her a pardon for her war crimes during her time with the Separatist army. When she helped clear my name and didn’t turn me in.”

“We’ll talk to Leia when we get her back, it’s a good thing she takes after her mother,” I said with a small grin. “That was a long time ago, Ventress. I’m sure that won’t be a problem now.”

“I’m sure it isn’t, they gave you one,” Ventress pointed out.

“You helped more then a few times and they accepted you into the Singing Mountain Clan. I can’t see it being a problem, since you’re just another victim from Dooku’s manipulations, I’m sure that’s an angle we can use. If it wasn’t for you, we wouldn’t have found out who framed Ahsoka.”

“You’re quite welcome,” Ventress quickly glanced at Ahsoka who gave her a grateful smile. “You’re going to turn me into a softy, aren’t you?”

“I can’t change who you are, but I would love to call you a friend,” Ahsoka answered with a grin.

“I don’t have many friends,” Ventress commented as I caught sight of the village coming up. “I don’t mind calling you one.”

“Ventress, it is good to have you on our side,” I quickly added in with an after thought. Ventress smiled appreciatively as the Rancors came to a stop. “The Falcon should be up there by now. Let’s get the parts up there, so Tosha and her children can rest for a bit,” I said as I used the Force to cool Tosha down again. I sensed Ventress, Fress, and Ahsoka doing the same for the others. “One more request, Tosha. Can you help us get the parts up there?” I questioned as Tosha roared in agreement. “Thank you. After this, you and your children can go cool off in the mud hole.”

I sensed the excitement in Tosha as she and her children made their way to where the Falcon was brought too. Ventress followed us. I’m glad she was on our side and not the Empires.
    ----------------
    earlybird-obi-wan, Nyota's Heart, Gemma, AzureAngel2, Jedi_Lover, DaenaBenjen42,

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fun bit of reminiscing and bantering with Ventress. :cool: I forgot all about that incident earlier where she helped out, quite crucially. It's good to have one more ally though. [face_thinking]

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Good point. [face_laugh] I would think just about every war criminal would use that as a defense, "You're sending me to jail, but you pardoned Vader? Really?" o_O