main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Gamma626 Yes it has taken shape here the last few months. I am only in need of a Leia Hoth blaster, Ewok fire pit and boulder (just got drum), Droid
    Factory parts, and Dagobah lever. Then there is the last 17 weapons/accessories and a few back cards. This is what I have been targeting very aggressively
    because of the new movie raising prices possibly and I had the time. How about yours and others collections, how are they looking?

Yes I need to get some photos in here, but I'm not sure if I can with current set up. It asked to insert image using a URL?

2. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    That's awesome! I'm glad it's coming together for you!

I haven't got much of anything the last few months. My 21rst is coming up in August, so I'm asking for some stuff then! :D

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Got 3 Vinylmations today - got ANH Luke and 2 pack Han/Luke Yavin celebration duo from this year.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You need to host them somewhere. I use Photobucket - other free sites are available.

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, whostheBossk, prices are definitely going up. I've got my finger in too many collecting pies for my own good, lol, so my focus is all over the place. I'll do Star Wars for a while, then bounce over to G.I. Joe, Masters of the Universe or any of a few dozen or so other vintage lines. I bought Vader's Tie Fighter a few weeks ago (my first vintage SW purchase in a while) on a BIN auction--great condition, fairly good price--but my recent searches have revealed that the vehicles and figures have all shot up in the last year or two. If you want the standard sized ships complete prepare to spend $50 minimum, and that doesn't mean mint or near mint in many cases. Figures are the same way. In retrospect I wish I'd been more focused on the Star Wars line a few years ago and put the other stuff off to later, but live and learn.

I'm getting closer to finishing out the figures, got a lot of the other vintage stuff I wanted (guns/rifles, lightsabers, luchboxes, cups and glasses, trading cards) but I've only got a handful of vehicles. Collecting them is gonna put a serious pinch on my wallet in the next few years.

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    The problem now is that w/ a new SW movie coming out each year, vintage stuff is just going to get pricier and pricier. So many people had to sell off their collections when the economy was bad and now they're trying to get them back, only to have scalpers and other collectors fighting and raising auction rates to out of control levels.

I'm just waiting - there's no way I'm paying the prices people want for my 2 last missing vintage figures - stormtrooper Luke and Yak Face. Some day the prices might go down again - when though, who knows.

I'm also expecting POTF '90's stuff and Prequel stuff to start moving upwards in price. The prequels aren't getting a lot of toy love w/ Disney taking over - give it a few more years of having those films be ignored on the merchandise side and expect prices for toys from that era to start ticking up - it's already happening.

I'm sending back my stinky playset today, I didn't even bother to take it out of box to look at it because it stunk so bad. What a waste for a nice vintage piece :(

spaulagain and Juke Skywalker like this.
  7. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    That's too bad PadmeLeiaJaina, I don't like to see vintage pieces go to shame either, especially if we put some TLC to them and they still look or smell bad! As far as the collecting goes, ya I am going to wait on getting the high priced items, such as the vintage Sandcrawler Ladder and elevator went on sale two weekends ago and I was not in the ball park with those pieces demanding over $100 each. You have to buy the whole set or vehicle over , take what you need, then sell what you don't to make things work.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  8. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I have a Vintage Bespin Luke and Jabbas Palace Lando, but that's all I've got. It's just to expensive for me to get into right now. I also don't have the emotional attachment to that line like most do. They are pretty cool though! Maybe someday!

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Post lady brought Insider #158 earlier today.

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Mail order this week after small hiatus, vintage lot of figures in descent shape except some kids initials on bottom of feet (I would've done the same as a kid) including Droopy McCool's flute (now just need Leia blue blaster for regular 77 figs!), Scout Trooper, Imperial Guard, Nikto's, and Klaatu, Cat Miin, vintage Droid Factory parts (R2), and Geonosian Playset with Anakin and Padme in arena gear and MOC.

Also picked up Black Series Commander Wolffe at Target.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Grrrrrrrrr....tries not to reach through the internet and steal whostheBossk 's Geonosis playset.

whostheBossk likes this.
  12. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Ha, I know you were on top of those playsets. I haven't had the chance to go through it all to see what it's missing. It looks pretty complete and in good shape. I feel the same way you do about the Carbon Freezing Chamber set which I have missed out on with a few close misses on Ebay and toy shows. How is it going with the vintage Mellennium Falcon? I haven't ran across any parts yet, but will let you know. Mine is finally complete after adding that training ball. Inserted the training ball last night after I had to dig out my protective plastic over my protective box over my Falcon box over my protective plastic wrapping over my vintage Falcon. Took awhile as you can see, but all is put together. Then I had to put it all back as I don't have it displayed at moment since I have the POTF Falcon, that one is displayed. Now if I could just get it to work (make sounds)....

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well I'll get one eventually - course I have no room for it right now, so it's not a problem that I don't have one.

Had 3 new Vinylmations show up today - series 1: C-3PO, Stormtrooper, and Yoda.

14. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I picked up the 19" Kanan Jarrus from Jakks Pacific. I really like these "figures". They had the TIE Pilot and Scout Trooper, and was very tempted on getting the TIE pilot as well. Love the detail on him.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Saw some of those in the local Entertainer when I was there today. They looked good but I don't have the room. I already have Boba Fett - that's good enough. (Unless they do a Jango. I'd make room for that.)

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I picked up an 18" Ezra and a 12" Rebels Stormtrooper a couple of weeks ago in my thrift store hunts. Rather like Clone Wars - I'm happy to just get toys from Rebels second hand. I was pretty happy - Ezra looks new, although if he's supposed to have a lightsaber it's gone.

17. patrickurrutia

patrickurrutia Jedi Master star 1

Feb 14, 2007
    Im broke for now. Been ordering online at dorkside, entertainment earth, hasbrotyoshop and Amazon for Star Wars figures. No shooting off fireworks for July 4th or anything

Ewok Poet and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Welcome to the club patrickurrutia
    Got 2 more of my Vinylmations today - got Sandtrooper and Ellorrs Madak - I wasn't looking to get Ellorrs but I got him dirt cheap. Awesome thing the seller also included an exclusive Disney Store Emperor card plus a bunch of 2015 Star Tours Disney World maps! Yep sending along extras will get you glowing feedback!

Sandtrooper w/ his big gun and giant mouse ears is adorable.

whostheBossk and Ewok Poet like this.
  19. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Mail order from last week included Vader case full of vintage figures, the ones I'm keeping are army builders Nikto, Klaatu, Imperial Guard, Stormtrooper, Snowtroopers (3), Imperial Gunner and one Imperial Gunner to sell. Lot had a bunch of the die cast metal 1980 Hoth figures I'm not sure I will keep. Also got a lot of modern weapons for troopers and figures I have yet to match up with, which I will eventually get to because that is enjoyable matching the figure with his/her original weapon, even if not vintage. FYI Leia with blue blaster on it's way!!

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I got one of those Yoda backpacks off of Amazon, along with a copy of Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison. Also picked up the Tarkin paperback in the store.

21. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Ordered Black Series Bespin Luke and Han off Amazon. Bespin Luke's a pretty good deal at £11. My Black Series collection is slowly growing.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Two more Vinylmations showed up today - Boussh Leia and Skiff Guard Lando. I also got a nice 3 3/4" Chewie figure at Savers :)

Oh and I also had some figure stands show up including one that I hope works for my 6" Sandtrooper who's a bit bowlegged and doesn't like standing on his own.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  23. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Got Dark Disciple! Just gonna finish Lords of the Sith before starting it!

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My custom stand works great, my Sandtrooper is standing upright - woot!

I got 3 vinylmations today - Biggs in his pilot costume and Indy in his desert disguise and Cairo Swordsman.

25. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Canceled my pre-order for the boba fett edition of Disney Infinity. I'm already buying Rebels season 1, MGS5 collectors edition, AND force friday is that weekend! Might as well hold off!