main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    How many theme parks?

2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    already a SW theme park rumor came out yesterday and with D23 approaching...

Luke'sSeveredHand and nightangel like this.
  3. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    That is quite good.

Kind of OT: "they knew how to win the war but not the peace" is great...did you come up with that yourself?

4. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I really hope we get something anything for VII at D23 otherwise we won't get anything until early September after Comic Con is over.[face_nail_biting]

nightangel likes this.
  5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Be careful with that article posted yesterday and take it with a grain of salt. The bulk of that article is speculation based on past rumors and old plans that have been scrapped and re-worked. The only thing that you can take as absolute fact from that article is that Pixar is coming, Star Wars is coming and the budget is in the $3 billion neighborhood. It has also been mentioned that an announcement regarding the project may only be hinted at at D23 with no details being disclosed at this time. Disneyland will be getting Star Wars first and they will more than likely be getting the attention at the theme parks presentation on that front. But we have a lot of time before the convention and plans are always in motion, so we'll have to wait and see.

6. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    The best thing about that (odd) article is the beautiful art.

Satipo likes this.
  7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    the more and more SW appears at Disney Parks the more tempting it will be for me to return to the parks for the first time since 2000.[face_whistling]

nightangel and HanSolo29 like this.
  8. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I wonder if they bring everything to Disney Park Europe as well. o_O

Mungo Baobab and starocean90 like this.
  9. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013

[​IMG]

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I know that you guys will be getting an updated Star Tours with destinations from the ST, at the very least. The last I heard, it will be coming to Paris first and then implemented to the other parks after that.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Interesting theory and very cool art. One way I could see it working out is that the Vicar is Obi-Wan's brother and Rey is his granddaughter. Luke took her as an apprentice but after the attack he takes her back to her granddad.

12. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I find it amusing that so many people believe that Rey is now Obi-Wan Kenobi's Granddaughter, just because of speculation from EW. [face_laugh] I don't buy it. Having Rey be Obi-Wan's Offspring would be much more confusing than explaining what happened to Luke's Wife. This is the Skywalker Saga; Rey should come from the Skywalker bloodline, directly from Luke or Leia.

13. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    The problem with Rey Kenobi and Rey Skywalker is that it would need a lot of backstory the Kenobi even more as Skywalker I think. With Kenobi, you would have something like "Obi-Wan had a secret girlfriend during the Clone Wars or his exile years and the child of that relationship is a parent of Rey which was trained by Luke and then lost during the academy attack". With Skywalker you have "Luke had a wife between ROTJ and TFA and their child is Rey who was lost during the attack".

Both need a load of backstory, but I would prefer the Skywalker option here.

14. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

We didn't need or get (until more than a decade later) the story behind "I am your father.". There is no reason to believe that a similar reveal couldn't happen in TFA that could be explained in the coming films.

15. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    I prefer that she is Leia's daughter, Solo's stepdaughter.

turnip white likes this.
  16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I never understood why people think there's a problem with Luke having a kid because of the unknown mother, there were a lot of mysteries in the OT that weren't answered until later. Why have the answer to all the questions, where's the fun in that?;)

17. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    IMO there is no chance she's a kenobi I'll eat the crow if necessary. This movie will be simpler then some are thinking I believe she's a solo could be wrong she could be Luke's kid but I'd believe Rey random before Rey kenobi I mean obi died what 40 years ago? They've made it clear they're moving the story FORWARD.

So what time is the SDCC teaser supposed to be? I'm in desperate need of more SW footage…

18. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    I don't have a problem with an unknown mother if she is Luke's kid. To be honest, although I think Rey Solo is the most likely option based on the rumours we have so far, I would prefer it if she is a Skywalker. It would simply need a little bit more backstory than Rey Solo, but I'm sure Lucasfilm could handle this well.
    As for Rey Kenobi, it just doesn't feel right for me. And as Baron_Papanerd said, this is just an article with a lot of speculation in it. I doubt they know more than us.

starocean90 and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  19. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Not a fan of the Han/Leia Relationship? :p

LuvLeia, Claire1976 and Blazer-Smith like this.
  20. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    Yup! Making Rey into a Kenobi has all of the disadvantages of making her Luke's kid -- major backstory that needs to be filled in, two completely absent parents, and Rey's relationship to Kylo Ren would be even more diluted than a sibling or a cousin, so actually it has more disadvantages -- with none of the benefits. No Skywalker last name, no payoff for the Luke fans who want to see him have a kid. No close relationship with any of the OT3, or with Kylo.

Maybe Finn could be a Kenobi, but that still feels off. I think this article is just diversionary speculation.

Now, since I feel like I have exceeded my "wet blanket" quota for the month, I will leave it at that.

21. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I like the Kenobi option. :) Cushy loves backstory seemingly unlike many here and it would 'payoff' for some particularly potentially PT and Obi fans.

22. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    I think that it may have been on the table during the early stages of the storywriting but was then scrapped. That could explain some early Kenobi descendant rumours. I don't know what to think of Rey Kenobi and as I said, I would prefer Skywalker the most. But I would not be disappointed if she turns out to be a Solo.

Baron_Papanerd and Blazer-Smith like this.
  23. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

Yes I agree and I don't get the point that a possible backstory should be a problem. This can be handled in books/comics/anthology movies/animation/real action series etc. This means: [face_money_eyes][face_money_eyes][face_money_eyes]

24. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    Huh.

HUH.

25. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    So MVS as Owen Kenobi then? [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.