main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Expanded Universe

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darth_magus45, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_magus45

darth_magus45 Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2015
    Good morning everyone. I'm new to these forums but I have been a Star Wars fan ever since I was 7, having watched the first three films, the prequels, both the Clone film as well as the series itself and I read a rather sizable chunk of the books contained in the Expanded Universe. I, like most of the fanbase, was completely ecstatic when I heard that Lucas and Disney had worked out a deal and Disney bought the franchise after witnessing all of the wonderful work Disney had put into MCU up until that point. However, my heart was broken when I heard rumors that were eventually confirmed that Disney would de-canonizing the expanded universe and using new material going forward. I have been rather critical of both JJ Abrams and Disney regarding the new film series in that I know what was supposed to happen to the characters after Return of the Jedi, but I fear that Disney won't do the past 20 years of material any justice and allow the new film to flop. So I wait apprehensively and expect the worse.

2. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Hi darth_magus45. As you can see from my username, I came to these forums as an EU-fan too. Unfortunately, the Saga forum's mandate focuses on the movies. However, there is a whole section of the boards devoted to the EU/etc - the Literature forum is the place to be in this case. And there is already at least one, if not multiple, threads there in which people are discussing the types of feelings you describe. May I suggest that you might get more on-topic discussion (than you would in this forum) if you repost your thoughts to one of those threads?

(Locking)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.