main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My first stormtrooper...

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Hermi_Odle, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Hermi_Odle

Hermi_Odle Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2011
    Hi guys, massive Star Wars fan here (well, obviously!). Got into it when I was 11, still love it as much now at age 27. Collected all the Hasbro line in my youth, now I collect all the things I wanted but could never afford as a kid - EFX sabers, Hot Toys figures, prints and collectibles and....finally, my own screen accurate stormtrooper helmet.

I'm not a member of the 501st or anything, but I do enjoy modding and customising for display only.

I'm really pleased with the weathering and ageing that I've been doing this weekend and I'd love to share some photos with other costume fanatics and hopefully get some tips. Hell, I may eventually get a full suit and build a complete stormie, but for now, I'm really pleased with the helmet I've been working on.

I don't know if this is the right place to post so by all means point me in the direction of other boards/forums.

I think I'm more interested in the painting/weathering side of costuming rather than wearing these pieces, so perhaps something in that direction would be better.

Thanks guys, may the Force be with you ;)

2. Bennihana

Bennihana Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2014
    I've always been interested in making my own Stormtrooper helmet so I'd love to see some pics! TheRPF is a great forum for props and costume building that I've lurked on for a while. Did you buy a helmet, or paint one, or build your own?