main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Three-day tickets are sold out already?!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Carrie1138, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Carrie1138

Carrie1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 14, 2014
    Why didn't I book when they first went on sale? :_| Is there any chance more tickets might be released later? Or am I just going to have to take the hit and buy the days separately? Kicking myself now :oops:

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I doubt more will be released. Unless you can pass as a 'child', I think separate tickets are your only bet now (unless you resort to sites other than the official one, and then you have no guarantee of getting the tickets.).

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm really surprised, but hopefully that means that it won't be overcrowded like it was in 2007.

4. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    and we're still practically a year in advance!

5. Carrie1138

Carrie1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 14, 2014
    Ugh, just seen they announced it officially too ... so I guess that's it. And I definitely can't pass as a child lol. Seems a bit unfair though, if there's still separate tickets available for all three days ...

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    This seems like a blatant money grab that doesn't have anything to do with the number of attendees. There is an entire year before the event happens. They see how popular Celebration has become, they see how Star Wars is going to explode over the next six years, and they don't know when Celebration will be back in Europe, let alone London. They know people who are going to go are going to go, no matter the price. So by cutting off the reduced price three day tickets they will ultimately make more revenue by selling three individual day tickets to people who will pay whatever price there is to go.

8. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    It sucks but I'm not sure it's a money grab. They have a limit to how many people they can have in the building and they want to make single day tickets available for those who can't do all 3 days. They can't increase the number of 3-day passes without decreasing the number of single day passes available. Now this might be fine for Friday but would really hurt those who could only go at the weekend. Pretty much all conventions do this these days, for SDCC the 4 day passes are always the first to go as well. You could argue whether they've got the split right but (as far as I'm aware) those numbers are never made public.

The big surprise is that they sold out this far in advance. Either they learnt about over selling after some of the complaints from this year's Celebration or it's just incredibly popular and it's going to be really busy next year! I'm gonna go with popular and really busy!

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I think the VIP tickets sold out within hours so I'm not surprised these went quickly as well.

10. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    VIPs went, officially, within minutes but that was mostly processing time. In reality if you weren't head of the virtual queue/refresh at exactly the right moment then you didn't even get a chance to put them in your cart so it was really seconds.

11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    And now the Saturday day passes are also sold out.

I'm actually starting to get a bit worried that they have totally underestimated the floor space. Last Celebration in London, at the Excel, was a crowded nightmare, I'm starting to think this might be the same, I've also heard that one of the fanclubs had their space slashed in half from what they were originally going to have.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, Excel was a nightmare on the Saturday - too many people and large displays trying to share floor space. We finally repaired to a local pub in the afternoon to take a break.

13. michaelsft

michaelsft Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2015
    I am convinced the entire event is going to be extremely crowded so I'm already deciding to just go with the flow and try not to get wound up - imagining the queues will be a complete nightmare from start to finish, I think I'll just try to queue up for one, maybe two events a day max and spend the rest of the time just looking around and meeting new and interesting people. Think I'll probably avoid the store entirely if it's anything like last year (which i wasn't at but the stories are just terrible!)

14. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Probably naïve but I'm hoping that the early sell outs mean they've learnt about venue capacity after some of the horror stories coming out of Celebration this year where you could still buy tickets right up to the weekend of the event. Unlikely but a guy can dream!

michaelsft likes this.