main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best cinema in London to watch the premiere

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Apostolos Apostolidis, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Apostolos Apostolidis

Apostolos Apostolidis Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2015
    Hello,

I will be in London in the Christmas season and will definitely watch the film, sadly not on the premier day but on the day after that :(
    So, I would like recommendations on which cinema is it best to watch at, regarding happenings, cos-play, of course quality of viewing experience etc.
    Also, info on what could be the earliest that I can book tickets for the film would be also valuable..

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Empire Leicester Square is the popular choice for the first midnight screening as it's got a BIG IMAX screen and is in a central location (which is good for transport/hotels when the film ends around 2:30am).

If you're seeing it in the day then I'd say you'd be happy with either the Empire Leicester Square or the BFI IMAX. Both are massive IMAX screens.

Cos-playing I'm not sure. I'm definitely considering it for the midnight screening but I'm not sure if people will be doing it the next day.

Ticket sale date is still TBA I'm afraid.

3. Apostolos Apostolidis

Apostolos Apostolidis Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2015
    Thank you for your extensive info! Haven't considered about watching on iMax but may well do it

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    IMAX is the best way to see it. I saw the second trailer in the Empire & it looked great

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My first viewing will probably be at the local Vue cinema. Might consider shelling out for Imax (and the travel to London) if I like the film.