main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    My favorite is the fourth one. Reminds me of Jango Fett.

2. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014

Here's a little tribute video of the death watch.

It also reminded me how much I love Pre Vizla's armor look, especially with that cape.

Gamiel likes this.
  3. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    Love the artwork! I don't have a lot of these in my collection!

4. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014

Now a tribute to the True Mandalorians.

E. L.Knight likes this.
  5. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    How many of you believe that with the new canonization of Star Wars, we will end up with a very different Mandalorian Culture than the one portrayed in Legends? What would you like to see if they do alter the history and culture?

6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah I think we are already seeing that some major changes will be made. The last time this topic came up here (in a slightly different way) I answered:

I'll stick with that answer and add that I really wouldn't like any of it to change :p especially what KT had added to the culture because it was the Republic Commando novels themselves that got me interested in Star Wars as something other than a few simple movies. Of course that won't happen and there is a lot there that probably won't get recanonized, but I would also hope the events of Open Season's were for the most part retained as it still gives us the True Mandalorians as another "warrior faction" to oppose the Death Watch folks, even if they were pretty much wiped out. That would also keep canon the idea that Jango was adopted into Mando culture and dispel the idea that he wasn't really a Mando, he just wore their armor.

I am sure there is more, I just can't think of it off the top of my head. :p

[​IMG]

DurararaFTW and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  7. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012

My feelings are the same pretty much.

The Rumors are that the second Anthology film will be a Boba Fett film. I'm hoping, if that happens, we will get most of what Traviss created put into the film. I mean, why try to create a language and culture for a faction like the Mandalorians when you already have someone who did that in official Legends stuff.

My only concern is that her leaving the Star Wars novels way back when will cause an issue because she left on not the best of terms.

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I fear the same thing and do wish she was still around writing Star Wars to help bring some of our favorite elements back to the franchise.

I am also going to guess that any anthology movie featuring Boba Fett does very little to advance any sort of Mandalorian mythos. I think they are reserving that for the Rebels TV series and future books/comics.

[​IMG]

9. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    That's a good point. Though Rebels has a far way to come before I like it as much as The Clone Wars. I'm hoping that Rebels does show The Mandalorians some more, or with Rex and the Clones and that they use the Mando culture they were taught.

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I too am hopeful that they show some of that, especially since Rex must have earned those jaig eyes somehow. Since he wore them proudly one would hope that he understands their meaning and origin. Of course with our luck the jaig eyes will be recanonized as some sort of GAR award and lose their connection to mando'ade culture.

[​IMG]

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    My guess is that, if they do recanonize some stuff about "Mando warrior culture" it'll be Sabine-centric episodes that show us it.

Jedi Knight Fett and Gamiel like this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Personally I have nothing against that since I find it a bit silly that every marking Boba "don't really care about mando culture until post-YJK" Fett have, or were given in concepts arts, were of mandolorian origins.

I would say that legend already have two rather different Mandalorian culture, Marvel's Mando and Traviss' Mandos, that only go together with a help of hammer, file and saw. And some putty to cover up the work.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  13. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    They go together better than that! Just remember Mandos have at least five worlds by legends materials, so any couple others could be Marvel as the prime two are clone wars and Travis s ;)

Sent from a Kewonkian Lizard Monkey's TARDIS

E. L.Knight likes this.
  14. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Just like any culture, as new worlds/places are settles, traditions and cultures change over time. Mitth_Fisto is right, the several worlds settled by the Mandos in Legends can very well be the reason we see several gaps in how they are portrayed.

We also need to remember that each leader can change things as they want them to be seen. Like Egypt and the Pharaohs. If you look at their history, different gods and beliefs were extended to the masses. Some Pharaohs focused on peace and building Egypt into a powerful economy and a well educated culture. Others focused on war. Others focused on internal struggles and created a civil war of sorts to eliminate beliefs they did not want to continue, even going as far as destroying temples and other monuments.

Mitth_Fisto and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Fixed:p

With that attempt to humour out of the way, so I am not saying that the different versions of Mandolorains can not, or should not, be made to fit together just that it takes some work and people ignoring the things that just not fit together.

And I am right now just talking about the mandos in the movie eras

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Ordo N-11 and Iron_lord like this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Always love seeing our favorites visualized.

[​IMG]

18. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I love this!!!

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    In Defense of Mandalore, never noticed that before. I always liked the coloration on the armor of Maul's super commandos, but I didn't like the horn or the "hand" on the buy'ce. At least they offered some more in the way of personal customization, something Death Watch sorely lacked (their base scheme looked good too though).

All of those make me think that Sabine needs a jetpack soon. At least she does a mean Jango Fett impression :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ordo N-11, Revanfan1 and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  23. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    E. L.Knight and DurararaFTW like this.
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    E. L.Knight likes this.