main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The NU Continuity Timeline/Source List

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 28, 2014.

1. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    What Dutch comic??

2. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    spicer likes this.
  3. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    The latest Rebels Comic - Sabotaged Supplies tells the story of the group providing food for Tarkintown as shown in the Spark of Rebellion movie. Unknown to the group their supplies, namely jogan fruit was poisoned with many of the residents falling ill. Zeb blaming himself, sets off into the capital to track down the antidote. Raids a medical facility, bumps and fights with Kallus before being rescued by Kanan and the crew. poisoned people saved.

as always, very self contained, no real clues about placement, nothing from Ezra either so its hard to pinpoint, but again i would suggest its early on in season 1 somewhere.

EDIT: He is using his blaster, no lightsaber in sight so before path of the jedi.

4. Joe Kalicki

Joe Kalicki Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2014
  5. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Actually, it's hard to make out but I think that is his lightsaber (which is also his stun blaster). So either between Path of the Jedi and Idiot's Array, or between Idiot's Array and Vision of Hope would probably be good placements.

6. DIrishB

DIrishB Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2014
    Apparently Egmont is going to be publishing a new magazine called Star Wars Adventures Magazine.

https://www.egmont.co.uk/egmont-publishing-launches-star-wars-adventures-magazine/#.VaSLG_ntn78

Seems like the standard "aimed-at-kids" magazine, but apparently it will also have a comic in it. From the description, it sounds like it could be a reprint of the comic from the first issue of the Star Wars Comic magazine, "War on the Jundland Wastes":

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/War_on_the_Jundland_Wastes

Guess we'll see.

7. DIrishB

DIrishB Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2014
    A buddy of mine who lives in the UK (and is just as big a SW fan as I am) was looking into that new SW Adventures magazine.

Apparently the first issue is indeed reprinting the "War on the Jundland Wastes" comic that originally appeared in the first issue of Star Wars Comic magazine (the precursor to the current Star Wars Rebels magazine).

Whether this means "War on the Jundland Wastes" is now canon or not remains to be seen. I'm assuming the following issues very likely may be reprinting the comics from the later issues of SWC magazine.

8. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Taalcon - We have some new info as to where the new YA books are set. Courtesy of Darth Voider and Jedi Biblioteck

Smugglers Run is set directly after ANH and seems to run parallel to the Princess Leia mini series.
    - The Weapon of a Jedi is set after the Heir to the Jedi novel, but before the Marvel Star Wars comics.
    - Moving Target is set some time after TESB and leads directly into ROTJ. Every vital events of ROTJ are prepared in this book.
    - All of these three junior novels contain prologues and epilogues that are set directly before the events of TFA and deal with what Luke, Leia and Han do directly before the start of the film.
    - Lost Stars begins 11 years before the battle of Yavin (so in the same year as the A New Dawn novel) and runs through the rest of the Dark Times and the OT. It has scenes that overlap with the OT films, and ends one year and four days after the Battle of Endor with the Battle of Jakku.
    - The excerpt from the Aftermath novel makes it look that it is set after the Battle of Endor, but before Jakku. The Shattered Empire Miniseries is also closer to ROTJ in the timeline.

Also @ DIrishB - yes that question needs answering a tweet to the story group is in order!

Taalcon likes this.
  9. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    The web site of the Korean web comic has updated, not with a new strip, but with a page full of Korean script and some videos - the TFA trailer, the recent TFA making-of from SDCC, and a brief Star Wars "sizzle reel." Since I still don't read Korean (I know, I know...) I don't know what this means in terms of any future installments. I'll check it out next week and see if anything interesting pops up!

10. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Interesting timeline placements. The fact that JB was able to date place the first two so precisely in the timeline suggest that they may directly reference the events of the Princess Leia miniseries and HTTJ. That's pretty cool. The folks who already think the early post-ANH timeframe is filling up with too many stories are going to have a cow, but unless these new novels take place over absurdly long periods of time there's plenty of room in the timeline for them.

I thought the end of HTTJ and the first arc of the Marvel series had a nice synergy when the former led directly into the latter...hopefully the Skywalker book doesn't disrupt that too much!

Endol likes this.
  11. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    In Fry we Trust!!!

The Positive Fan likes this.
  12. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998

Updated. Let me know if I'm missing anything substantial.

Darkslayer and Endol like this.
  13. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Star Wars Insider #159 is out in the U.S., featuring the story "Kindred Spirits" by Christie Golden. I haven't read Dark Disciple yet but I think the story takes place, as expected, immediately before that novel.

14. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    In fact it ties in very indirectly as the little beautiful statuette from Kindred Spirits appears in the first chapter of Dark Disciple. I have only read a third of the book so far, but there is a chance it will appear again as you will see when you read it. Lassa Rhayme is also mentioned several times.

The Positive Fan likes this.
  15. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Ewok Poet and spicer like this.
  16. TheyMightBeGeeks

TheyMightBeGeeks Jedi Padawan star 2

Jul 23, 2015
    I'm new to the forums so can someone fill me in on why the OP hasn't been updated since March yet the thread is still going? Is there an updated list a few pages back or something I'm missing?

17. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Don't know why the OP hasn't been updated, but if it's an up to date list of canon works you're looking for, Taalcon maintains this excellent chronology.

18. TheyMightBeGeeks

TheyMightBeGeeks Jedi Padawan star 2

Jul 23, 2015
    I have one myself (and several categorized ones actually) on my website SW Canon Media Timeline along with proof of placement for every story. I was just curious why this thread was still alive but not updated which is what I assumed was the purpose for the thread.

19. Hamawald

Jun 14, 2014
    Does anyone else remember reading somewhere that Dark Disciple takes place three years after AOTC? I remember having thoughts of adding this timeline placement to my personal timeline for something, and I'm pretty sure it was DD. But now I can't remember where I got it from and a source is always preferable :)

20. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    "“For almost three standard years, this war has raged,” said Plo Koon, the Kel Dor member of the Council." First Chapter:) .

Hamawald and The Positive Fan like this.
  21. Hamawald

Jun 14, 2014
    Thanks! I suspected it was in the beginning of the book so did actually skim through the first chapter, but apparently I missed it :oops:.

vstarvan likes this.
  22. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Ewok Poet and spicer like this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Big timeline update in this interview:

Yes, at the one minute mark, JJ Abrams just re-canonized the Holiday Special. That just happened. Boyah!

Hamawald likes this.
  24. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Ewok Poet likes this.
  25. Hamawald

Jun 14, 2014
    So this morning (in Sweden ;)) I found myself once again in front of my computer trying to figure out how the passage of years works between Rebels, the movies, TCW and everything else, and I discovered something which doesn't seem to make much sense but if correct would explain more about how the Lothal Year system works.

Firstly, the years of Lothal are the same length as standard years, as (per the Visual Guide) the invasion of Naboo takes place in 3245 LY, the Battle of Geonosis in 3255 LY and Order 66/the rise of the Empire in 3258 LY. But you probably knew this already.

Secondly, Spark of Rebellion takes place in 3272 LY, 14 years after the rise of the Empire.

Thirdly, since Empire Day takes place exactly 15 years after the rise of the Empire which means it must take place in 3273 LY.

Looking at it like this it makes perfect sense: Spark of Rebellion takes place close to the end of 3272 LY and Empire Day in the beginning of 3273 LY. But based on Jason Fry's Servants of the Empire books this doesn't seem to be the case as it's made clear that Lothal has four seasons just like on Earth and the events of Empire Day are referred to in Imperial Justice as "recent events" (page 71) shortly before winter break for the Imperial Academy. That means Empire Day definitely takes place in the fall/autumn of that year, not in the beginning.

These are the most likely solutions to this that I can think of:

1. The calendar year on Lothal doesn't begin in winter but rather sometime during the fall (which, quoting myself, "would explain more about how the Lothal Year system works").

2. It's a mistake and Empire Day is supposed to take place in late winter/spring.

And a less likely solution:

3. Spark of Rebellion takes place almost a year before Empire Day (hey, I said less likely, didn't I?). This would also make Rebels actually begin much closer to 5 BBY as we first thought it would.

So what do you all think?

EDIT: Oh, and I just discovered your website TheyMightBeGeeks. It's truly amazing what you've done there and even though I already knew most of the timeline placements you provided some new proof I hadn't heard or thought of before (for Rebel Bluff and The End of History for example). Thanks a lot!

TheyMightBeGeeks likes this.