main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Sideshow Collectibles Discussion Board!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 6, 2006.

1. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I have several more items coming Les so I guess that I am going to have more bills like that.

2. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    The jawas are up! 220 for two! Not to bad of a deal. I need to see some better photos first though.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    The prototypes of the Jawas at Celebration looked great. I might have to pass on them though - I just have too many figures on pre-order. Speaking of which I just got notified that my first payment for X-Wing Luke is about to charge. That should mean that they're looking at October for release.

4. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Yeah, I gotta admit, the jawas are pretty low on my priority list. They also announce a Darth Maul and an AT-AT driver. I'd like the maul, but I'm gonna put my foot down and NOT buy the troopers in this scale. I'm not a millionaire, I just won't be able to afford that stuff. They're also not cheaper like the clones are, so it's especially hard to justify them.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Darth Maul? Meh. I like Maul, I have lots of Maul stuff but there are tons of other prequel characters I would love to have before him. I'm happy w/ my Hasbro version.

AT-AT driver - eh I've got nowhere to display him. The only troopers I like are Sandtroopers and even those I won't spend hundreds of dollars on.

I actually would really love the Jawas, especially since their eyes light up. I've got a whole herd of 12" scale Jawas that they'd go great with. I've got my Hot Toys Obi-Wan and Luke that I'll be paying on around the same time that they're going to be released though, I just don't think I can handle another payment plan during that timeframe.

6. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I'm pretty picky about my sixth scale collection. I'm not sure if Maul will make the cut. If he's over $199 I doubt he will be anywhere on my list of things to pick up.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm just going to leave this here by calling this the Bank Buster of the year.....

Go strap yourselves in. We’re going to make the jump to light speed.

Hot Toys has been introducing a number of finely detailed and meticulously crafted collectible figures from the beloved Star Wars series and now Hot Toys is raising the bar once again to bring Star Wars fans some astonishing collectibles of the saga's spacecrafts in 1/6th scale!

An incredibly detailed prototype of the Millennium Falcon’s cockpit will makes its first appearance at the upcoming San Diego Comic-Con this week, so don’t miss the chance to check it out at Booth #1929 during the event!

[​IMG]

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  9. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Leia, Stormtrooper Luke and a tie fighter have all been shown! Leia looks great, but her face might be a little to round for me. I'll end up pickin her up. Stormtrooper Luke uses the same head as farm boy Luke. The helmet is a pretty cool accessory since the actual inside of it is sculpted, so you can see what the inside of a Stormtrooper helmet looks like. The tie fighter.... Why? Whose going to be able to afford that? Lol

Big_Benn_Klingon likes this.
  10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I think it's for the people who love the giant life sized statues and busts. It'll probably be $1000K or more - they'll sell.

I really like the Falcon cockpit, but there's no way I'd be able to afford that thing or have room for it.

Leia looks great, remember though her face was round in the first film. I wish she had real hair, but she is amazing, she's definitely on my 'to get' list.

They have 1/6 scale Boba too - I thought they were only doing a 1/4 scale of him so that's cool.

11. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    It is going to be an expensive year :)

12. Philosoraptor

Philosoraptor Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 29, 2014
    Luke in Stormtrooper gear looks good, but I'll pass on that. I'm going to try and get the Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett, and I will make sure I get the SSC 1/6 Darth Maul 2.0.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    At $230 a figure I can't afford to get everything I might want. I have to pass on Stormtrooper Luke, even though he looks great.

So here's a pic Hot Toys posted that shows the scale of the Tie Fighter and cockpit.

IF they use materials similar to what my Bespin Luke's weathervane is like (which is quality plastic) they might not be TOO bad for pricing...but who knows? The cost will probably come from all of the lights, etc.

I think that Tie is close to 4" tall. Next to it the cockpit doesn't look so huge.

[​IMG]

14. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Dear lord that's massive! :eek:

I really want that Luke. I don't know if I can afford it, but man I really want him! Poop.

15. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I went with a payment plan for Stormtrooper Luke! Decided to go with him afterall. I just LOVE the look of that figure! I'm very excited to be getting it. :D

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    This is madness! - C-3PO

[​IMG]

Lolololol! Anyone got 18 feet to spare for putting one of these babies in their house? Read more here.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.” – Princess Leia
    The brave and strong-willed Princess Leia is a beloved character in the original Star Wars trilogy. Her important role in leading the rebellion against the Galactic Empire is unforgettable to any Star Wars fans! Following the introduction of the Hot Toys Luke Skywalker 1/6th scale Collectible Figure, today we are excited to officially present his twin sister, the Princess Leia 1/6th scale Collectible Figure from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope!
    The movie-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the image of Carrier Fisher as Princess Leia in the film featuring a newly developed head sculpt, detailed hair sculpture of Princess Leia’s iconic hair style, specially tailored costume, two types of blasters, and a figure stand.
    A special edition is available in selected markets which include a specially designed backdrop as bonus accessory.
    Fans don’t miss the chance to pre-order this wonderful collectible figure to your Star Wars collection!

I'm hoping since she doesn't have a million accessories that maybe she'll be under $200.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Special edition:

[​IMG]

Big_Benn_Klingon likes this.
  18. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Canceled my Jango Fett exclusive. Since he was wait listed, I was never able to put him on a payment plan. Just can't do it without one.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    That's too bad Gamma626 - I always hate having to cancel my pre-orders.

I just put the pre-order in for Leia - she's up for $204.99. Expected delivery sometime between Nov-Jan 2016 - which means April 2016. Order her now to get the backdrop.

20. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Yeah, it sucks. It is what it is I guess! Maybe someday I'll be able to pick him up again!

I'd like to see some final photos of Leia myself before I order her. I feel like I could end up buying just her head, and making custom clothing on her for a fraction of the price. It's the clothes that haven't sold me yet. She's to Barbie ish.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm just worried about the fabric, Sideshow's Leia looked fine but they used the cheapest rayon for her dress w/ none of the seams being finished or anything. It's bad when the short, squatty Hasbro 12" Leia had nicer fabric used for her white gown than Sideshow's much more expensive figure.

22. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Yeah, I think that's what's worrying me most right now. The fabric is definitely my main concern!

23. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    accidental double post, so I'll ask:

What's your favorite Leia costume from the three films?

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I love either her Endor dress or the Bespin Maroon pantsuit - mostly because both outfits are so highly, highly under represented in any merchandising.

Got a notice that Han and Chewie have been delayed one more payment cycle - so end of August instead of beginning. On the plus side my card won't get hit for both that and my X-Wing Luke at once.

25. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Both Bespin Leias are my favorites. I'd love either in hot toys form.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.