main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I don't know where to post this, Question:

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by AuttyBot, Jul 17, 2015.

1. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    I have two good friends who are professional freerunners who are Star Wars fans who would love to offer their services in costume for events to entertain and make children happy (most likely as Jedi) I was not sure who to refer them to or who can set up things for them or how they can join in what is already going on. I realize many of the larger events are already past. I figured I would put it out there. I have included a basic video of some of what they would do. Of course, it would be different in costume with sabers etc.

2. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Pretty awesome tricks but I cannot think of one event where jumping over high walls and other such dangerous feats would be allowed. If children see this at an event and they try to do these tricks themselves and get injured I see lawsuits by parents against us. Also, if they are looking to make money doing this with SW costumes they will need a license from Disney, which is most likely more than these guys have seen in their entire lives. Even though they look awesome personally I would never even think of letting these guys do this sort of thing around kids. Safety comes first always.

If they want to make costumes and troop/go to events with us as members that's another story, but from what I read in your post it sounds like they want to get paid for doing their tricks in SW costumes, which without a license can get them sued by Disney (along with a cease and desist order).

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Not sure where it was ever implied that they wanted to get paid. We obviously don't do that.

-- Sent from my R2 unit

4. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Nope, they don't want to get paid. They want to make people smile and offer their skills for free. Also, this is a freerunning video; not likely what would take place if they were to choreograph a duel, where some butterfly kicks and flips etc... may take place. That would likely be all they would do. Cory, the lovely lady in the video has prior experience in stunt work, which is not in the video either. I am getting the feeling that the video is being read into a bit too much. :p Of note, they teach children AND do this around children all the time and have for several years. No lawsuits and they educate their public and also are very in tune with safety and all safety measures. Give me a little credit here, I would never bring anyone into the group who I would feel endanger others or tarnish our name. They truly are professionals. They make money teaching these skills to mainly children on a daily basis. I understand the concern. Of note, I was at Barnes and Noble Saturday and they had Star Wars night. A few guests at Barnes and Noble were promoting the live duels they were going to have. I never thought for a moment that someone might sue them because they are actively dueling with light sabers in a public place for free for entertainment purposes.

5. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Sounds like something we could set up for May the 4th, like a Jedi Training type of thing?

6. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Either way, just something I thought I would put out there. They love to serve so it can be discussed more later. They travel all the time so timing may be key, but nothing to stress over. ✌

7. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I didn't get the idea they were asking for pay...that's a negative way to take it. i think that these are just SW fans like us who want to participate. I think the May the 4th is a great idea.

AuttyBot likes this.
  8. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I would love to have them at Hauntings at the Hangar on 10/31. Haven't had a meeting yet but I could see what kind of floor space they would need. If all goes well May the 4th would be an option too.

9. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    SITH__CHICK They do believe they will be in town for Hauntings at the Hangar and are interested in helping with that event. If you have any specific questions for them, I am happy to send you contact information.