main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Force Friday" - Now Discussing 2017 - Possible Spoilers!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , May 3, 2015.

1. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I'll be collecting the 3.75 figures. Since there are double ups between the 'Build a Weapons' and the 'Armour' ones, I'm not sure which ones to get. I think I'll get Finn, Poe and Kylo first however.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    There are a bunch of Hasbro's 5 POA figures coming, troopers, Kylo, Finn and Poe Dameron and a trooper get vehicles. I didn't pay much attention to the Hasbro catalog and missed these - but there are some live photos emerging now.

I know a lot of collectors are Meh about these - I like them as background display figures. They're tall and inexpensive. I particularly like getting the troopers this way, I really don't care if they're poseable or not if they're just hanging out on the back of a shelf. I'm happy to see Finn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have to say - Chewie looks pretty good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

whostheBossk and Juke Skywalker like this.
  3. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, if I grab any 3 3/4" I'll grab the new "big 3" (haven't seen a Poe figure yet, though) and the big bad. Plus I'd have to get a First Order Stormtrooper just 'cuz. But I'm not grabbing background alien #9 just yet.

J_Girl and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  4. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    That Finn sculpt is GREAT! I think I might get that over the 3.75" and 6"....

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  5. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I have my list ready and are taking a vacation day next Friday. I want to get that big Tie fighter.

Jedi Daniel and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Agreed. Well I've pretty much caved and plan on getting Rey, Finn, and BB-8 stuff, plus big 3. I'll get 3 3/4" figures and 6" of them. I want Rey's speeder. Then maybe some assorted other things that look like the characters, like the bobbleheads. But not too much more....until I see what's out there. My focus for the most part will remain as it usually is, characters, droids, occasional ships. I just don't care about army building.

I rather need to draw the line at doing the 12" scale adult collector figures that you KNOW will be coming...well unless they do a Rey but I know Sideshow and Hot Toys we'll get Phasma before Rey. My 12" figure budget is already covered for almost the next year.

They've teased nothing but I'm guessing that Sept 4th my mailbox will be stuffed w/ TFA preorder stuff from both Sideshow and Gentle Giant.

I think the human sculpts that they've done for these are quite good. The ROTJ Luke looks really great. I don't have a fancy 12" figure of ROTS Obi-Wan, the Hasbro one looks fine on my shelf w/ him vs. Anakin. I think they keep getting better looking. Finn is really nice, he's on my "to-get" list. Nice thing, they're CHEAP!

That does not surprise me, Mike! Just don't let Watson see it!

7. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    PadmeLeiaJaina, I agree %100 about those 12". For the $ you really can't beat 'em. A better value than the 3 3/4" line at this point. Nice sculpts. Big, eye catching and look good on display.

8. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Love the packaging on all this! The artwork is simply outstanding. Might be picking up the 12" ones, but normally save the "bigger figures" for Jakks 19" line.

9. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    TOYS“R”US® TO LAUNCH NEW STAR WARS™ SAGA PRODUCTS WITH MIDNIGHT OPENING EVENTS
    Maidenhead, UK (27th August 2015) – In September 1985, Toys“R”Us arrived into the UK and brought with it the most incredible must-have toys, games and merchandise from one of the UK’s favourite movie franchises, providing millions of Toys”R”Us kids and collectors alike with their most beloved memorabilia.
    30 years on, the excitement is building yet again as Toys”R”Us celebrate the launch of brand new toys based on the next chapter of the Star Wars Saga - ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’, with 5 UK stores opening their doors at Midnight (12.01am) on the day now known as Force Friday, 4th September.
    Toysrus.co.uk is already counting down to the highly anticipated toy launch and will be the destination of hundreds of new products some of which are only available the giant toy retailer. On Force Friday, Toys“R”Us stores around the globe will open their doors for special midnight opening celebrations, providing customers of all ages the opportunity to be among the first to purchase must-have merchandise, receive exclusive giveaways and immerse themselves in all things Star Wars.
    The giant toy retailer is encouraging fans of all ages to head to one of the following stores for a midnight opening;
    • Toys”R”Us Brent Cross – NW2 1LW
    • Toys”R”Us Warrington – WA5 7TT
    • Toys”R”Us Bristol – BS34 5TU
    • Toys”R”Us Oldbury – B69 4RJ
    • Toys”R”Us Glasgow Helen Street – G51 3HR
    As part of the toy store celebrations, the first 75 customers to line up at midnight at each of these stores will receive Star Wars giveaways, including a limited edition poster and T-Shirt, as well as the chance to be among the first to purchase exclusive Star Wars merchandise in dedicated front-of-store feature shops.
    Also at midnight on Force Friday, shoppers will be able to browse and purchase the new products online at www.toysrus.co.uk.
    For updates and further information, follow @toysrusuk #TheForceAwakensAtToysRUs.
    Jedi News will be out in Force at the Brent Cross, Bristol & Glasgow stores, and we hope to see you there!

So much for reading through and checking for mistakes:
    Toysrus.co.uk is already counting down to the highly anticipated toy launch and will be the destination of hundreds of new products some of which are only available the giant toy retailer

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    None of those are close to me - oh well. Rebelscum have posted the Target price list - hit the link to see an image. This is more for the US folks - all prices are in USD.

whostheBossk likes this.
  11. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @LAJ_FETT Neither. Looks like it's just a normal visit. So should I divide by 1.50 to get the British pounds? Did anyone already post the ASDA price tags out there? Should I not go if SA aren't going to be there?

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Basic figures being only $7.99? Yeah those will FLY off of the shelf.

I saw on a site on FB that you need to check your Sunday circular, Target's got a couple of massive coupons for Force Friday including $25 off of $100 purchase!

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    BBC News currently has the $/£ rate at $1.54 to £1.00. So if an item is $10.00 divide by 1.54 to get the pound price. This is an approximation at best as whoever is selling might not use that rate.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  14. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I wonder how much the basic 3 3/4 action figures will be in Australia.

15. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    It's too bad Target isn't getting in on the midnight madness thing. That kind of deal would make them the go to destination for collectors. I mean, let's say you just wanted the 6" TFA wave 1. That coupon is essentially buy four get one free. Awesome deal if people can just be patient enough to wait eight hours.

Jedi Daniel, I couldn't find anything on what they'll retail for in Australia. I'm not sure converting USD to AD would give you an accurate figure, as retail prices vary country to country. But $7.99 (what it'll retail for in the States) is like, what, a buck or two more than Rebels figures retail for here, so maybe add a buck or two to whatever Rebels figures retail for in Australia and that might give you a baseline.

16. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    The basic Star Wars figures when released here go for around $16-$17 AUD, that's what the Rebels ones were. That's higher than converting USD to AUD. I'm hoping TFA basic figures are around that price. I have a feeling they won't be.

17. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    The good thing is most stores will have sales and events in the weeks and months to come, giving you a chance to snag them at below retail.

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Some more information from Rebelscum:

Disney Store - flagship stores in NYC, Chicago, and San Francisco will take part at midnight

Walmart

19. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    whostheBossk likes this.
  20. iamscottjediknight

iamscottjediknight Jedi Master

Oct 14, 2009
    For those going to Force Friday what time do you plan on arriving. I was thinking 10pm but don't know if there will be a long line by then. Planning on going to Toys R Us.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Jedi Temple Archives found 2 new Wave 2 figures for TFA at a Walmart!

You know these may only be 5POA but I think they've put a all of their best artists on these figures - these 2 are amazingly detailed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Does anyone know if there will be a Kylo Ren mask for sale? I want one haha.

23. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Uhm Well. This one is an unusual story. But News is news. UK Fans.

The source for this is the Daily Mail (Yes I know a little strange)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ish-families-pay-twice-Americans-product.html

Apparently a video has leaked with the prices Sainsburys will be charging.
    (when where?)

*EDIT
    FOUND THEM:

https://instagram.com/p/646olzTBHS/

(Silly Instagram rubbish grumble grumble)

Leaked figures reveal a Jedi Master Lightsaber will cost £49.99 in the UK and just the equivalent of £33 in American dollars.
    Mark-up on action figures is even bigger, costing £9.99 in Britain compared to £5.21 in the US.
    *Note: the pricing on the Milleniumm Falcon as shown is incorrect. The image used is the £129.99 3-3/4 Falcon, not the £29.99 Micro Machines version as priced.

Thanks to Jedinews http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=23190

@Darkslayer Yeah I think so. It's a kids' mask so not sure if it will fit but hanging up it might look okay.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Lots of things are priced higher here in the UK than in the US. (Compare prices for PCs, for example). I also saw that Mail article and it didn't surprise me.

25. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I get the sense that TRU is going to be the hot spot, so I'd probably get there a bit early. 10 sounds about right. Worst case scenario you get to stand around and chat with fellow fans and collectors for a few hours. I'm going to Wal-Mart, and TBH, I think I'll probably just get there around midnight. Wal-Mart is the Mos Eisley Cantina of retail, and I have no desire to hang around there any longer than I have to.

Pretty sure I saw a Kylo Ren voice changer listed somewhere, so I'd say it would be a mask type thingamajig.