main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Times TV Beyond "Rebels"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Aug 29, 2015.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    So once "Rebels" finishes up its run, do you think star wars tv should move onto another era, or should more animated works continue in the dark times era?

Star Wars Underworld is the idea of live action show set in that era, focused on the criminal world. However because live action is expensive, perhaps it could be made with animation. Unlike "Rebels", it should be more adult (even animated). No Rebels vs Imperials theme, nor darksiders vs ex/Jedi. Although I wouldn't mind an ex-Jedi to star in said show. As long as she (or he) is the only one of her kind within the series (no encountering others), no apprentice, not attacking the empire, hiding her past and giving up being a Jedi (so we don't get a Kanan Clone).

I have also heard of an idea on these forums of an Imperial themed show. This is interesting, and I wouldn't mind seeing the world through the eyes of the bad guys (maybe even a darksider).

If we do get an Imperial themed show, it could also be set early dark times (where clones are still used, etc). This could also help Disney market Vader more (and him hunting Jedi).

A show focused on Ahsoka, set Pre-Rebels is another idea.

Anyways I just wanted to get the opinions of the members here. Should Disney keep using the dark times for TV when Rebels is done? Or is it best to move onto another era (maybe post-ROTJ or pre-TCW, etc)?

2. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    The ST once TFA is out. They will want to cash in on the movie and all the new characters.

3. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Personally I think it's high time to show the Imperial side of things maturely rather than the prolonged lame one-dimensional view that has been pushed far too long.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I would like a series live action mind you set in the dark times

we need some live action love.

5. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Please no.

I don't think Star Wars for TV is ever going to work again anytime soon.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Although don't go thinking that after rebels is done they will not do another TV show because the most definitely will.

7. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    If it's somebody's besides Dave Filoni doing it, I'd be all for it. But even then, Dave is part of the story group, because of this, his corrupting influence would still be cast over it.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  8. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I think either they'll continue TCW, or do a new post ROTJ show. We don't really need another sure around the Rebels timeline. As for the imperial POV, i'm pretty sure we're supposed to get a Kallus episode is season 2.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  9. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    As long as it's not animated and it's geared towards adults, then I'm all for it. I want the dark times to be dark.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well you get hints of it here and there in Rebels like the Lasat Massacre.

11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    My vote is for an early post-ROTJ series, centered around the adventures of the Big3 and their contemporaries.

There's a huge, thirty-year gap between Episodes 6 & 7 and I'd personally very much like to see some of that time filled in on-screen.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I agree because my second choice is a TOR show and that is not happening.

Or maybe an episode 1-2 show.

13. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'd very much like to see some canon TOR stories, too (I'm a big fan of Revan, so better yet if it means he can be canonized). But I envision that as a film trilogy after Episode IX. That said, a live-action TOR series would be phenomenal, too.

But an animated series with Hamill voicing young Luke in the early years following Endor is just one of my dream-come-true kind of scenarios. Get Fisher to voice Leia; Temuera to do Boba Fett... show us how the factions which will be seen in TFA were first created, the Battle of Jakku, etc. There's a lot which could be said for something like that.

14. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    My vote for what to do after Rebels is for an animated post-RotJ series following the further adventures of Luke, Han, and Leia for a period of time. Do this simultaneously with Underworld as a big-budget Netflix series. Just don't put out five or six shows at once, the way DC is doing on network TV and Marvel is doing on both network and Netflix. Focus all efforts on one thing at a time (one animated, one-live action) and make sure it's as good as it can possibly be.

Davak24 likes this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    OT era series, series between the OT and ST, ST era series, Post ST era series and a series set right after ROTS.
    A series set thousands of years before the movies would be awesome as well.

16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd love to see more of Yoda's Force Ghost journey or see the Force Ghost journeys of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

17. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Wish those rumoured Darth Vader TV Specials had turned out to be real they would have been great for the dark times era

18. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    It is possible for an animated show, to be geared for adults.

19. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Yeah, but the animation style needs to be more realistic as well. The character models in TCW and Rebels look a bit too cartoony for them to work for a dark, serious and mature story. Don't get me wrong, I like the animation in both TCW and Rebels, but I don't think it's the right style for an adult show.

20. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    A Darth Vader film or TV show would be great

21. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I would love to see them go back and finish the last few seasons of TCW after they are done with Rebels, but I don't think Disney would allow that. I think a show set right after episode 3 showing Darth Vader and the clones hunting down Jedi would be pretty cool, and that would really capture the feeling of the Dark Times. We could see the transition from the Clone Troopers to the Storm Troopers, and we could see Vader training the Inquisitors. I would also like to see episodes about Bounty Hunters like Cad Bane and Boba Fett in this show as well. I really liked how many different characters were featured in different stories in TCW.

22. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Do we really need TCW Part 3?

Davak24 likes this.
  23. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Definitely not.

GGrievous and Davak24 like this.
  24. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Yes this makes sense. I wrote a thread on it. I reckon there should be a show called "EMPIRE" set almost immediately after ROTS and showing us the Empire being perceived by some citizens as great. Show us clone stormtroopers, survivors of Order 66, the final wrapping up of Separatist holdouts and the Empire sorting out piracy etc. In addition we can see the first of the Imperial academies, the beginnings of Imperial rule and Vader being used to enforce order, etc. It could make a very interesting show to display the transition from the Old Republic to the New Order and in addition giving us good guys in the Empire and different viewpoints on the Jedi Order, the Clone Wars, and galactic politics.

darklordoftech likes this.
  25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    "It's so horrible what the Jedi did to Palpatine. Look at his face."

DarthTalonx likes this.