main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Least Favorite Scene from Indiana Jones

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Sarge, Oct 23, 2014.

1. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    monkey swinging....aside from that all great (I actually loved the fridge)

2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm with the swinging monkeys crew....hated that scene. Honestly I can't think of a scene I dislike in the first 3 Indy movies......

3. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    That scene is ridiculous.

Love Raiders, like Crusade, Doom is okay, but I HATE Kingdom/Skull.

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Willie kaboshed Temple of Doom for me. Otherwise, I would have enjoyed it. I was really surprised at how dark the second Indy was.

For me, Raiders is the perfect film. It's nice that there were sequels, but I am perfectly content with the first film and leaving it at that.

5. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Ray Winstone's uninvolving, exposition-laden dialogue and his characters overall turgidness.

oierem likes this.
  6. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The bit in Crystal Skull where the heroes in the Boat-Car fall of a cliff on a giant tree. None of them are injured at all, the villains get whacked off the cliff and the whole thing was so fake.

I didn't mind them falling down the 3 waterfalls though. That was just amusing.

7. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Many, many scenes in The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Though I actually quite like the fridge scene.

8. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    I actually liked about 75% of KOTC. Get rid of most of the jungle scenes and it's a much better film.

The monkey swinging. And Mutt sword fighting. Ugh.

HanSolo29 and darskpine10 like this.
  9. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    Has anyone mentioned the monkeys? [face_monkey] Could have done without those.

10. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    You guys are all dumb and everything and totally not my friends anymore! [face_phbbbbt]

I dig the whole jungle chase from Crystal Skull. No, it's not the gritty truck chase from Raiders or tank escape from Last Crusade. But then, it's really not suppose to be either. Instead, it plays as much from Mutt's perspective as a cheery family adventure romp with "Mom and Dad" while visualized speedily and elastically with '50s comic strip effervescence. Even Williams' score emphasizes as much. Plus, I gotta hand it to Spielberg for sneaking in a bit of sexual innuendo: "You fight like a young maneager to begin, quick to finish!"

11. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Monkey swinging. It just looks bad. I don't know why everyone hates on the fridge, though. It's no more ridiculous than Indy and friends surviving a fall from a plane on a raft to only then slide down the side of a mountain, over a cliff, into raging rapids, to then stop peacefully on the bank where a little old man that just happens to need their help is standing. If you don't find all that ridiculous then you can't possibly find the fridge ridiculous. Actually, after writing all that the fridge scene feels more believable.;)

12. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    Aside from most of the second half of KOTCS, I'd say Willie falling off the elephant into the pond. She's so annoying in that scene.

13. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    Since I'm pretty squeamish, I could say the face melting/heart removal scenes. And as has been previously mentioned KOTCS is too easy a target. (and this from someone who is generally a fan of that film) So I'm going to go with something a bit more obscure:

When Indy is about to kiss Willie at the end of TOD and Ford tenses up just before getting hit with the water. He looks like he's expecting it and it takes me out of the moment every time. I get that Ford dislikes getting wet on set and he had (by all accounts) a miserable shoot on the film. But I still kinda wish Steven would've said "Sorry Harrison,mike was in shot. Dry off and do it again."

Pensivia likes this.
  14. Jangounchained1990

Jangounchained1990 Jedi Knight star 2

May 31, 2015
    That Indian dinner table scene. Just what was up with that it seemed as a lame excuse to get Willy scared and shocked again.

Sarge likes this.
  15. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    Monkey scene. Awful.

Love Raiders and Crusade, Temple is okay, but hate Skull.

Hogarth Wrightson likes this.
  16. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    I'm not even going to discuss Crystal Skull. :p I'd say a least favorite of mine from the original three would be when Willie is freaking out and screaming at all the wild animals around her.

17. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    The webs and tarantulas at the mouth of the temple Indy and Satipo enter in Raiders.

18. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    No way, you are a doody head :p haha.

I just found it too be too cartoonish and drawn out. And those monkeys….and the sword fight…ugh. Delete delete!!!

19. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Believe it or not, I actually preferred the monkey swinging to all the screaming and whining that Willie Scott did...

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Sarge like this.
  20. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    Any scene from Crystal Skull lol.

21. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    My least favourite scene is basically the whole arrival at Pankot Palace in Temple of Doom. The dinner scene is just gross, especially as a vegetarian, and not much happens for ages, until they enter the bug cave.

22. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015
    My least favorite scene is Indy and Elsa's book burning conversation in Berlin, in "LAST CRUSADE". It seemed forced (especially on Ford's part). And it also seemed like an attempt to copy a scene from the Bond movie, "THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS". I'm also not a fan of the scene in which the Ark of the Covenant was opened.

Sarge and PCCViking like this.
  23. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
  24. Kuro

Kuro Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    Monkey swinging. Gotta be the monkey swinging.

25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Anything from Temple of Doom not involving Harrison Ford. I just did not like that movie.

Deliveranze likes this.