main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    i wouldn't worry about you raiding her roster... but the raid you did through her closet concerns me a little bit... :p

Sent from a Galaxy far away via my comlink

Rebecca_Daniels likes this.
  2. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Sorry to see you go, Becca. Wishing you the very best going forward.

Trieste and Rebecca_Daniels like this.
  3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Vra for Hall of Fame! Vra for Hall of Fame!

4. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Heck of a goodbye, that's for sure! Thanks for all the memories Rebecca_Daniels. The HSN writers will always have Kasin and Korlo to remember the Lightning by. :D

Going to be hard for today's scores to top that post (plus Vehn 's), but we'll try. ;)

--EDIT--

Did we top them?
    YES WE DID. FIRST TIME GALACTIC CUP CHAMPION COMING UP!!!!! This is awesome.

5. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    LFL scores will be EARLY next Saturday!!! Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422 And by early I mean please post by Friday night if you want to post. I have a crammed weekend.

Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    ^:)^ Congratulations to Runjedirun and jcgoble3 for advancing to the next round. I am more than thrilled to know that you two will be competing for one of the greatest trophies in galactic history. Yes, it is that exciting. What makes this victory all the more incredible is that you took down the old power house franchises to get there. One of you is going to walk away the winner. Make that celebratory post worth every word.

[face_dancing]

7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    No offense to anyone that has won a Cup already, but I am overjoyed that the Finals comes down to two players who have yet to take home a title and have put forth so much effort into this game for so long. Congrats and good luck to you both! [face_party]

8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Should be a good one this week.

Also, I fully expect C-Bucs staff to serve chili to the team since that's what makes the game go 'round now. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Honestly, it's been a long time since I've been so happy about losing a game. ;)

My only regret is that one deserving team isn't going to take home the big prize. :_|

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    There is always next season for the Mercs...

Oh you meant one of the two Galactic Cup finalists this season. :p

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I think you forgot to fix the sentence like so to support your comments, didn't you Bardan_Jusik? [face_laugh]

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Since we were talking stadium food earlier this week, I thought I'd share this with everyone. I shared these with Treiste via PM, but his stomach was too weak. #4 is an insult to food in my opinion. I could stomach a few bites of #1 for sure and #3, but not full servings! #2 is just weird....ENJOY the link below:

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/mlb/texas-rangers/article37814220.html

jcgoble3 likes this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Those are so going to be sold at Meshla Vhetin next season.

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    But it must also have a bunch of chili on it, since every stadium in this game now needs to serve copious amounts of the stuff.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Apparently the Solo Conference didn't need reserves to win that game.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  16. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    And I guess that's what Leota gets for pulling her two best forwards three minutes into the game. :p

I'm not planning to do an All-Star post, so feel free to use the C-Bucs, including Leota, as you want (within reason, of course) in your own posts. The Bucs starters (Miles, Wai, and Tendra) will be pulled roughly three minutes into the game, and the Bucs reserve (Sharsy) will play only the first three minutes or so of the second half.

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  17. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Designed this a while back and pulled the trigger about a week ago:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My husband asked why it says "Allin" on the back. How do we answer that Trieste ??

And yes I got one for you know who ;) Have the hand off planned for Oct 17th

Vehn, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    So are real player jerseys now a status symbol for Players in this game? [face_laugh]

I may have to get me one... [face_thinking]

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    When I had to ask my mom a question about how to wash mine so the printing didn't get all broken and cracked (because it totally did on the first one I bought--so yay for them sending me a second one!--I did get a "Glencross, eh?" I just went with, "Yep--she's the one who made three championships happen."

On a different note, as you know, I'm bummed that Becca is leaving us. She'll be very missed. This leaves the Solo Conference light on player teams. I'm trying to find a solution that rebalances the league so we have equal number of posting teams in the Solo Conference. Redistributing from the Skywalker Conference is one option--but I don't like it because I really like the mojo that's going on in the Skywalker Conference right now. Therefore, I need your help to attempt pulling off my other idea.

I know some of you play in other RPGs here on the boards. If you know someone that you think would be a good fit for this game, I'd be interested in speaking with them. Getting a good, solid posting player in the Solo Conference (rather than removing anyone from the Skywalker Conference) would solve this problem. Getting two would be phenomenal, but I'm okay with one.

So, in the spirit of "ask and it shall be given unto you," I'm asking you to take a moment and think if there's anyone you think would be a match. I'm willing to invest the time to get them set up (heck, if they want I'll give them an existing team or write their team sheet for them). I'll even do all the outreach as long as I know who to talk to. That's part of what I do as GM. ;)

Thanks for listening. One way or another things will work out and I'm hoping that they'll work out for the best! :D

20. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Okay, given that, I'll make the announcement now, rather than waiting until after the Final as I had planned. I've already discussed this with Trieste.

With the completion of my nine-season Bassell storyline, I feel that I need to take some time away from the game, to "recuperate" if you will. Also, I would like to dip my toes into true fanfic, and currently don't have time for both. With that in mind, beginning with the upcoming Draft, I will be continuing in the game (you thought I was leaving completely? :p) but in a reduced capacity. Specifically, the vast majority of my interaction with the game will be through regular headlines given to Trieste, with IC posts being very rare, at least for a while. I'll continue to control the C-Bucs, consider trade offers, etc., but will do so through headlines, much as Trieste did with the Miners this season. The bulk of my writing time will be spent on the fanfic plot bunnies I have.

So depending on how you see it, this may actually balance things back out, as this decision effectively removes an IC-posting team (but not a player team) from the Skywalker as well. Or it could throw things out of balance the other way, depending on what happens with recruiting. Who knows? :p

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008

It's simple. You take the letters and split them up into two words, thus spelling out "All In". :D

Vehn, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  22. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I designed these so long ago that I have one saved with Jul's # on it....I was just being better with my $ at the time :p

It was knowing I'd have the chance to hand one off to Zac that made me pull the trigger and finally buy it. I was embarrassed to tell my husband what it was, so quiet me is really gonna be funny around anyone asking what it is, much less...........yea. Going to wear mine Friday to work for sure :)

Vehn, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  23. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I truly have to jump on this jersey bandwagon. And then we should plan on picking a location in the middle of the United States for us to have our first ELL convention where we can talk trash in person. :p

The trouble is do I choose Rhia Grames, Tover Micjaa, Meredith Chambers, Mylessa McCloud, Erin Windreaver.....

.... [face_laugh]

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    For the record, the Grames Award was a 2-2-2 tie that was broken by random number generation. Yeah, yeah, I know *sure* you all believe that since Cundertol won. You'll just have to take my word for it. ;)

25. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Hey, I'm not complaining...
    ...says the guy who won three awards. :p

I plan to get a post covering the awards and Final pregame together tonight or tomorrow.

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.