main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga It's a Drabble! SW Edition (11/24: "A Little on the Dark Side" (Yoda))

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Admiral Drabblar, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Admiral Drabblar

Admiral Drabblar Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: Boushh Whacked
    Timeframe: During RotJ

As the Millennium Falcon roared away from Tatooine, Leia sat back and swore.

Lando sat down beside her. "What's the matter?" he asked. "That rescue went much smoother than I was expecting."

She said, "It's my bounty hunter disguise. I just realized we left it back at Jabba's palace." She started to stand. "I should tell Han we need to go back and-"

"No way," he said, gently grabbing her by the shoulder. "We're not risking our necks returning to that place for a few bits of costume."

"But you don't understand! It was a rental! I'll lose my deposit!"

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] I never thought of that. :oops:

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Priceless, and an extremely valid point! [face_laugh] Now you have my imagination going a mile a minute brainstorming the GFFA equivalent of this Madison, WI institution. :D

4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Now, that is an idea I want to see explored in a crackfic. Brilliant!

Findswoman likes this.
  5. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: A Line in the Mud
    Setting: During ESB

"Remove your muddy boots you must," Yoda ordered, "if you want to enter this house!"

Luke spent almost a minute staring alternately down at his feet and across to the old Jedi. He said, "Master Yoda, your floors are already bare dirt. Surely-"

"Bare, clean, dirt!" shouted Yoda. "Take great care with my cleaning I do! Every year, whether this floor needs it or not, I rake it thoroughly!"

"Apologies, Master."

Yoda harrumphed. "Forgiven you are." He grinned mischievously. "Up now, another year is. Go to my shed. My smallest rake you must find. But remove those muddy boots first!"

Admiral Volshe, Ewok Poet and Kahara like this.
  6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Giving Hyacinth Bucket a serious run for her money, this Yoda is. Luke had better not brush against the walls, either! [face_laugh] But on a more serious note, I like how you get across the idea that Luke's Jedi training of necessity involves some extremely mundane things.

Nyota's Heart and Ewok Poet like this.
  7. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Ditto! And...I can imagine just how small the rake is. :D

Findswoman likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yup, the mundane indeed! :p Clean bare dirt huh? [face_laugh]

9. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    It's the fact that it's the smallest rake that kills me. Not to mention the concern over grime on the dirt floor. But you have to have standards!

10. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014

I'm picturing something along the lines of the little hand-held, three-pronged scraper that came with my son's gardening set. :D

Ewok Poet and Kahara like this.
  11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Now, let's remember an IMPORTANT line from the Llama song:
    "But I never saw the way the orange slayed the rake."

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  12. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks, everyone.

Title: Where the Heat Is
    Timeframe: Saga

Luke pushed his way deeper into the cave. He had hoped that, once out of the sun, he would find somewhere cool to relax and wait for nightfall. Instead, it just seemed to get warmer with each footstep.

He sensed the answer in the Force before he saw it with his eyes. An exhaust vent, dumping the base's heat into this cave. Next to the vent was a large security door with Imperial markings.

Luke nodded thoughtfully as he drew his lightsaber. What more appropriate way could there be for the Hero of Yavin to break into an Imperial base?

13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Ouch. Just ouch. :p

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL! Superb build up to the last line. I thought it was the cave on Dagobah. :p Well, Luke certainly isn't short on reckless. [face_mischief]

15. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    Ha! All these drabbles are priceless. Love the last one :p

16. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: The Path You Take
    Timeframe: During TESB

Yoda gestured into a heavily overgrown section of the swamp. "Follow this path," he instructed. "Deep in the wood, diverges it does."

"Diverges?" Luke asked. "I have to choose which path to take?"

Yoda nodded.

"Should I take the one less traveled by?" Seeing Yoda's glare, he mumbled, "It's something my uncle used to say."

"The path more traveled you should take; a trap the other is. A creature made it, to lure prey. Avoid it now, most animals do. Follow their example."

Luke grabbed his pack and headed for the path. Behind him, Yoda shouted, "Unless lying I am!"

Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Clever. :D

18. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Hah! I know exactly which Robert Frost poem you had in mind here, and it was even somewhere in my Poetry Inspiration Challenge thread. If I didn't know better, I might wonder whether you might be a sock of the person who received said poem. ;) I somehow think Yoda, especially in one of his more enigmatic moods (like the one shown here), could, given the opportunity, drive even the calmest New England-school poet stark raving bananas. :D

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Yoda is being mischievous or mysterious. :p Luke is thinking oh great. Now what do I do - tkke the frequently traveled one or not? :rolleyes:

20. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: The Endor Inferno

The Rebel troopers stood on the edge of the village, surrounded by their armed Ewok captors. "Remember," the lieutenant said, "we're not the Empire. We treat the indigenous cultures with respect." At a prod from a spear, he marched into the central gathering space.

Sadly, the rest of this piece cannot be posted, due to prolonged and disturbingly graphic violence. Really. All the Rebels get killed and eaten, and it's not always in that order. People forget that this was what Ewoks did. If Luke the Jedi hadn't been there, Leia and Han would be Ewok poop. Think about that.

21. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: A Little on the Dark Side

Yoda bowed his head and shook it sadly. "Continue with the Jedi you cannot," he said. "To the Dark Side your path leads, and a part of that we cannot be."

The young knight scratched her head. "But why? I didn't do anything wrong, I swear!"

"Abusing your power for personal gain is wrong!"

"That's only for the big things, though! Right? Not little stuff like getting a senior citizen's discount at restaurants or whatever."

"Size matters not!" insisted Yoda.

She snapped her fingers and replied, "Oh, right. Now you mention it, I do remember you saying something about that."

Admiral Volshe likes this.