main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Plans for a 40th Anniversary Celebration in 2017?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Anapad Nabooine, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    I have googled and I've searched this site but I've found no reference to this. Has anyone heard about any convention plans in the United States for the 40th anniversary of ANH?

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I guess they might announce it either at / just after Celebration Europe II (like they announced CEII at Ceelbration Anaheim), or maybe during the Rogue One promotion.

3. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    I read something about it being in Orlando soon after this year's Celebration. As far as I know it's only a rumor, but it's something at least.

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I think it's safe to say that there is going to be some kind of Celebration in 2017, but nothing is probably decided yet. At Celebration Anaheim one of the rumours going about was that US Celebrations would coincide with the sequel films, while other locations would be in connection to the anthology films, the rumour also said that the US Celebrations would alternate between Anaheim and Orlando. So if that rumour had some truth to it the next US Celebration would be in 2017 in Orlando, and coincide with the 40th anniversary. It's all quite logical, but we'll see what happens.

My wallet definitely thinks it's too much with Celebrations every year though. :(

5. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    I know the feeling! And i'm still holding out for them to have Celebration Australia!

GaelTrooper likes this.
  6. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    There's been rumor about returns to Orlando since the first time in Orlando. I think it's just just fan hype (even if I hope so, that facility is awesomely huge.)

Will most likely find out in April.

7. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    It's been the tradition for the last celebrations that they'll annonce the next one in the end show. (Think they've done that since V at least)

8. GaelTrooper

GaelTrooper Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2016
    Now that sounds good to me! Australia is top on my list of places to visit. Of course flying from New England, I would have to stay 3 or 4 weeks to make the long flight worth while! But yeh- that would be great.

9. GaelTrooper

Sep 26, 2016
    Yes, there just HAS to be a lot of 40th anniversary events going on - I'm sure of it! And the merch as well! The only thing I found doing a search was the official logo https://www.instagram.com/p/BH96heJhuNC/

PatttyB0123 likes this.
  10. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I would hope they have a panel with the cast members that are there reminiscing about making the film. Seeing Hamill and Fisher on the same stage talking about the film that started it all would be pretty cool.

11. GaelTrooper

Sep 26, 2016
    That certainly would be awesome. I think it's reasonable to expect some OT heros there ..... and I did read of a rumor that the maker himself, Lucas, could also be present.

12. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm sure Disney has a lot of 40th anniversary festivities and merchandise in the works. I would bet that the nationwide convention circuit will also place an emphasis on the 40th with panels, special guests, and whatnot.

The real capstone won't be for another 10 years though when it hits the 50th anniversary.

13. KyloSpence

KyloSpence Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2016
    At the end of SWC Europe they revealed the 40th logo and said a lot of Orlando will be ANH based

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Makes sense since ANH came out in 1977 so it will be the 40th anniversary.

15. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Makes sense, I know the 501st bash is Mos Eisley themed.

16. KyloSpence

KyloSpence Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2016
    Yeah I just bought my 501 tix

17. GermanBoba

GermanBoba Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2016
    I got my rebelforce radio celebration bash ticket and looking forward to meeting many new starwars fans:)

18. GaelTrooper

Sep 26, 2016
    That's awesome! "Star Wars" (I can't seem to call it "a new hope" as I'm an OT guy who saw it at age 13, and renaming it always seemed to bother me) is my favorite film, in the OT. So now I'm REALLY looking forward to Celebration!

19. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Thanks for the link with the logo. :D