main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One post-credits tag featuring teaser/clip with TFA?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Spenno, Sep 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spenno

Spenno Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 1, 2015
    Just read that footage of R1 could well sneak onto the end of The Force Awakens credits. Seems more than feasible, certainly with Disney taking much from Marvel's format of going for new releases each year and putting in at least one teaser into their films. Obviously given the timeline difference any snippets would have to be completely standalone from the events of TFA.

Mav Edit: Locked because this didn't happen.

2. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Eh, I'd say do it before the film, with all the trailers. I'd like to stay for the credits, but I normally go with my brothers, and they get all antsy and want to leave, so I'd prefer they just show the trailer before the film.

Master_Lok likes this.
  3. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Sounds good.

4. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    And nice to think that the end of Rogue One will probably have a little Episode 8 teaser.

TX-20 and TheBBP like this.
  5. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Exclusive non-trailer clip at the end of the credits for TFA would be awesome.

6. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    A teaser with, like, the title card at the end and everything, I'm fine with. Some sort of MCU-esque button hinting at Rogue One's plot, not so much.

TX-20 and TheOneX_Eleazar like this.
  7. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Just enough to kick off a year of fan excitement and speculation.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm not sure I buy into this yet. If it's legit, I guess it could be OK if done right, but I don't want to them to play these things up as much as the Marvel movies do.

9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    MCU didn't create the post-credit tag. The first one I ever knew about was Vader's breathing at the end of TPM. Way back when it was released, everyone was asking, "Did you stay to the end of the credits to hear Vader's breathing?"

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, but that's what I'm saying... that TPM Vader breathing thing was very minimal. Just a sound effect... no video, no dialogue. And not over the top like the Marvel ones have often been, IMO.

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm of two minds on this. On the one hand, I don't want Star Wars to start doing that just because it's popular now. On the other hand, I do like the Marvel teasers for the next movie. I think I'm leaning toward the no side, but I don't think it would ruin anything for me if they did it.

12. MonkeyHouse143

MonkeyHouse143 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 4, 2015
    I would prefer a teaser during the regular pre-movie trailers.

Avnar likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think I will see Rogue One somehow bundled with TFA. Either a teaser or post-credits. I'm thinking post-credits because Disney, which may be odd in Star Wars but gotta get used to a few new things. I would be surprised if TFA goes out to the world and there isn't Rogue One SOMEWHERE in there.

14. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    End the credits in the James Bond way.

Star Wars will Return with Rogue One

15. Vemrin

Vemrin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 24, 2015
    The site for the theater im seing TFA in lists it as 140 mins

Of course we know 136 is already confirmed

Sometimes with pixar movies the sites for the theatres around here add the pre movie shorts to the runtime im not saying itll be 4 mins they could of just rounded up but mayb this is a point towards that rumor?

Mav Edit: Merged thread with previous thread on this topic.

16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    [face_plain]

4 min trailer/teaser......

Master_Lok likes this.
  17. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Abrams announced that there's no credit scene.

B99 likes this.
  18. Vemrin

Vemrin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 24, 2015

Yeah no credit SCENE technically speaking that doesnt rule out an out right teaser or "sneak peek"/"first look" of an entirely diffrent film

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Did anybody else have to sit through that unbearably long teaser for ST:ID? How long was that? It seemed like it went on forever; I thought they were showing the wrong movie.

20. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I don't believe there will be anything after the movie. However, what they may do is do what New Line did with Fellowship of the Ring. What they did was add a trailer for Two Towers after the movie but a month or so into the theatrical run. This gets everyone back into theatres to see it again and starts the interest in the new movie which at that point will be 11 months away.

21. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

and while I would be grateful for that lack of a credits scene, this is J.J. Abrams who also denied Khan was in Star Trek Into Darkness. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.