main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finn and Rey's Cat Cantina and Pizza Parlor (The Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I also saw that on Facebook the other day. How cool that he's only three degrees away from me, actually all of us. Guess it is a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all.... (and now that infernal song is stuck in all of your heads, so you know how I've felt today [face_devil])

What. In. The. Actual. ****? Time to start raising money for your bail, because storming that meeting is completely justified here.

2. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Usually protests upset me but if there is a legitimate reason to and there is no doubt that fill-in-the-blank is/was morally reprehensible then sometimes protesting loudly is the only way to make yourself heard and bring it to the attention of those that might be unaware of if.

Sent from my iPadd from another galaxy using Tapatalk

Shira A'dola likes this.
  3. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    A storm is coming...

Shira A'dola likes this.
  4. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    I adore Thomas Bergersen's work.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Re cleaning wounds: I think a lot of people's parents used hydrogen peroxide, it's relatively recent that they've been saying it does way more harm than good.
    I actually don't remember what my mom did for scrapes (it was probably hydrogen peroxide), but I remember her getting out splinters well... it hurt so badly I used to hide that I had one.

Bri- That's absolutely crazy! Why would the do that?? Especially since there was a strike so recently, you'd think they'd know people there won't put up with crap. I think people should storm the meeting if it happens.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  6. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    My parents' method for removing splinters was to take a sewing needle or safety pin and use it to tear open the skin above the splinter enough to pull it out with tweezers. Hurt like crazy.

7. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm an expert at splinter removal. :) Just give me some tweezers and I'll get it out. Lol.
    Though sometimes the only way to get the splinter is by doing that, it doesn't usually need to be done that way. Soaking it with warm water can loosen it too!

I say protest peacefully but maybe also write some strongly worded letters and make flyers/Facebook events/cover photos etc. Getting the word out on social media is probably a good idea.

Lady_Misty and Goodwood like this.
  8. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I pull out the sewing needles to stab and shred my skin when the splinter can't be grabbed with tweezers. Unfortunately, that's every splinter I get because when I get a splinter, I pile-drive it into my flesh.

9. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    TotalBiscuit pans Battlefront:

10. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Star Wars Battlefront...if you're looking for an in-depth, elaborate shooter: this is not it. If you are looking to have fun and run around maps and/or just be stupid, this is it.
    I do the latter. It is fine for me. :p

I need to stop changing my avatar. :p

11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yeah, I play Battlefront to run around and have fun. It's a party game. That's all I want it to be.

If I wanted a serious shooter, I'll just play Doom.

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  13. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Last night I got this phone call telling me to travel to the northern border because my colleague monitoring the refugee situation there fainted and had to be taken to the hospital. And now I just got a second call telling me that he died of a heart attack. Healthy man, my age, went to the gym three times a week, no drinking, no smoking, no nothing, wife and three kids, all-around great person. And poof, like that, he's gone.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  14. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    [:D] Chyntuck . That's so sad, and I am so sorry to hear that. I don't know the family, of course, but I am sending my best wishes to them anyways. I hope you are doing alright, too. It is unfortunate that it happened so unexpectedly.:(

Chyntuck and Lady_Misty like this.
  15. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Wow, Chyntuck. Sorry to hear that. Kinda makes me question the purpose of life if it can just abruptly end for no reason like that. :(

Chyntuck and leiamoody like this.
  16. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Wow Chyn, that's gotta suck, but try not to worry too much. Hopefully your colleague's family will be able to carry on, and I'm certainly concerned for them, but be careful not to let what happened to him affect your own life. It's an old theme (in TV land, at least) that, upon hearing of the sudden death of a friend or acquaintance, a character will suddenly go into a tailspin of paranoia about their own health, with predictable consequences.

Chyntuck and jcgoble3 like this.
  17. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I am so very sorry to hear that Chyn. My father was your age when he died. It wasn't a huge surprise, but still devastating. I am sorry for the family.

Chyntuck and Findswoman like this.
  18. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Sorry to hear about that, Chyn'. :(

19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    We must be living the same life as I found out that an artist I met at Horrorfind died suddenly a couple days ago. Just like that.

I'm sorry to hear that, though, Chyntuck.

20. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    That's terrible, Chyn and Trak. [:D]

21. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Chyntuck, what sad news, and I am so sorry to hear. :( When you mentioned an unexpected work trip in your story thread, I had no idea it was on account of something so serious. Feeling especially sad for the poor man's family. :( Even with his sudden death, I do not doubt that his life had a purpose, and a good one at that, and that many people out there think so.

And I know you're a sensible person who's not going to be consumed with paranoia, but grief for a lost friend and colleague is totally normal—shows you're human. Take good care, now, is the best I can say. @};-

TrakNar, very sorry to hear about your fellow artist, too. Also, I'm glad to hear your knee is healing up and that you turned out not to be seriously hurt from your fall.

Chyntuck, Lady_Misty and Sith-I-5 like this.
  22. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Hearing the news of the sudden and unexpected death of someone you know can feel like you were hit by a truck or a train.

Sometimes you just pray very hard that the news you received is somehow wrong and that they are still alive.

Some added vigilance isn't wrong since some things can be hidden killers but if it's your time to go it's your time to go.

Sent from my iPadd from another galaxy using Tapatalk

23. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I'm sorry to hear about your colleagues, Trak and Chyntuck.

Chyntuck and Lady_Misty like this.
  24. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Just had a very interesting and thought-provoking conversation with Findsboy about parallels between SW and Disney's Pinocchio. He pointed out, rightly, that unfortunately Jiminy Cricket isn't part of SW. But it occurred to me—and I pointed this out to him—that Yoda and Jiminy Cricket are a lot like each other: both are small and green and give good advice to the protagonist. But I did mention at one point that Luke and Jiminy Cricket would probably get along well with each other. Bunnies, anyone? :D

25. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    My new computer is 120 miles away and the FedEx truck will probably deliver it to my home tomorrow! I'm currently downloading a couple of games off of my Steam account that I couldn't play before to my external hard drive.

My mom's also doing great after having arthroscopic surgery on Monday. She'll probably have to have a partial knee replacement in a year, however. She's actually okay with the prospect, as her knee's been giving her problems for over a year now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.