main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia) in Episode VII (Sad News posted on Page 269)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Until, of course, they publish content with Mark. (I kid) :p Trust me, you'll get a lot of press AFTER the movie comes out and we've all seen it. :D There will be so much Luke, you'll be floored.

I'm ignoring most of it. Occassionally, something like that funny GQ video interview with John will make me take notice.

Meanwhile, back on topic:

I like Leia's formal 'do. Very stately and it looks like a more mature version of the up do from the end of the first Star Wars.

nightangel likes this.
  2. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Don't go nightangel :_| [:D] I am sure Luke will have some great moments in the ST. :luke: :greensaber: ;)

Darth_Voider, nightangel and Force22 like this.
  3. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    That would definitely fit, but I wonder if poor Finn might be confined to the medical bay for most, if not all of the denouement. I remember reading that Leia, the droids, Maz, and Poe all gather to say goodbye to Rey as she's leaving - she has to specifically go see Finn to say their goodbyes. Which makes me think he's not gonna be healthy enough yet for walking around and attending a medal ceremony right away... And I doubt the movie would take the time for a medal ceremony unless both Poe and Finn could be present to receive medals (since they'd both deserve one). Lol it'd be a bit unfair if someone had to come deliver his medal to his hospital bed and he didn't get honored at a ceremony. Or maybe I'm wrong and he is healthy enough, and when Rey visits him he's just getting a check up in the med bay, not confined? Hmm.

I do feel like any medal ceremony in this movie will be a lot more somber than the one in ANH, considering the greater loss of life and resources the Resistance experiences at the Starkiller fight (it sounds like hundreds if not more could end up dead when the Starkiller weapon goes off, on top of the loss of Han).

Leia's dress reads as funereal to me, but her hairstyle seems more ceremonial which makes me lean towards medal ceremony. We'll see what happens. :)

MattOrgana likes this.
  4. Scruffy nerf

Scruffy nerf Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2015
    I imagine it will be more of a salute to Han, and a more tender ending for Han and Leia, with Leia paying some sort of homage and love to him. Like Luke with Vader on Endor.

5. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015

Well, if there's a funeral/memorial service for Han, I guess it's before the fond farewell. Anyway, I'm sure the fond farewell scene will make me cry.

6. Darth Sater

Darth Sater Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 27, 2015
    Has anyone discussed the possibility that Leia is a Jedi in this film? Perhaps she has a lightsaber and perhaps she uses the force in some scene. After all she is force sensitive. I can't believe that 30 years have gone by and she did nothing with her powers. Luke did say at the end of ROTJ that she would learn how to use that power in time. 30 years seems enough time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015

I believe Leia was Luke's first Padawan. Otherwise, it'd be such a waste of potential. In my opinion, if Luke is the first of the new Jedi, Leia must be the second.

That said, Leia is a politician and military leader first and foremost, so I don't think she would be a traditional Jedi like Luke.

I think we'll see glimpses of her Force powers in TFA, but not much. More will be shown in VIII and IX.

sethg and Solo-Skywalker like this.
  8. Scruffy nerf

Jul 11, 2015
    I agree. They're not going to give all the answers at once. And there will be surprises ...down the line. I think we'll see her in strictly military mode, with her tough resolve. She'll probably crack a smile briefly with Han when they are alone and in between their bickering. I'll predict when Maz hands her the light saber there will be a slightly prolonged moment that gives the audience pause, but it will be over quick. The aha! moment will be when she senses Han's fate.

I think that will be it... So people debate her qualities until the next film. But before the series is over, I think they will have her do something surprising and have the audience cheering.

Baron_Papanerd and Master_Lok like this.
  9. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

I sure hope they give her something surprising to do and I'm happy seeing her as in War Room mode too.

10. Strange Old Hermit

Strange Old Hermit Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 17, 2015
    I'd love to have a Leia/force-sensitive "ah ha!" moment that is not just sensing something through the Force. A Jedi mind trick or a force push or something.

11. Scruffy nerf

Jul 11, 2015
    Yeah, but I think that will come in the next movie.

12. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    In the final film, Padme doesn't wear the peacock gown. Back to Leia: I wish there'd been more interaction with Natalie and Carrie, similar to how Carrie and Daisy have been lately.

[​IMG]

13. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    She wears it in a deleted scene, tho. I think it's pretty safe to say Leia will wear that outfit in the movie - the scene it's in may end up being deleted too, for all we know, but I don't think they'd dress her up in something for the posters that she never wore for filming at any point.

Baron_Papanerd and MattOrgana like this.
  14. Onlooker

Onlooker Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2015

You see glory, but....
    I think Darth Corvus is on to something.....when the Princess becomes Empress... I'm telling you all right now. Don't say I didn't warn you. It may be episode 9 before we get the full reveal, but it is coming.
    [​IMG]

Darth_Corvus and ColdLazarou like this.
  15. Big Boss

Big Boss Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 16, 2015

so who else thinks that the person to call her princess would have to be Han?

16. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I think that's about 99% likely.

Big Boss likes this.
  17. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015

I need to hear Han calling Leia Your Worshipfulness at least one more time.

18. Big Boss

Big Boss Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 16, 2015
    i dont get the urgency for Leia to be a Jedi. wit further context, i think we'll find that all 3 of the OT characters have been far more busy then what many seem to think. marriage, kids, loss of kids (whether child/ren or niece/nephew), rank of General, long lost brother.. if she does show some sort of force powers other then 'sensing', id be surprised, even moreso if she knew how to wield a light sabre. however, if they do go with some sort of power shes been taught or learnt, i wouldnt be disappointed either.

Force22 and Knessa84 like this.
  19. SithCollections

SithCollections Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 5, 2015
    The big surprise will be Carrie's beautiful rendition of the life day song at Hans funeral. I would cheer.

Baron_Papanerd and Knessa84 like this.
  20. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I will stay at least as long as Luke is alive in the ST.[:D] I would only not that invested in the story anymore after Luke died and when he has no offspring to care about in future adventures. ;)

But funny how many now even discuss that Leia could be a Jedi, while she has the kids + being a Leader/General etc. Only Luke has to be a traditional Jedi and no time to find a love interest in 30 years. :rolleyes:

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  21. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Just because Kylo is solo doesn't mean he isn't skywalker blood. Leia is a skywalker and her son would be too.

Big Boss likes this.
  22. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Thank's for reminding me on this, since it was not mentioned 9000 times before that a Solo is also a Skywalker. :rolleyes: I mentioned Luke's offspring, so your argument is the wrong answer to my post. :rolleyes:

23. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Entire shooting schedule here: http://millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9790

Confirmation Kylo is Han and Leia's son:

EXT DAY - 198 - ACADEMY • Leia and Han Solo hand over Young Kylo Ren to his Uncle for training
    EXT DAWN - 200 - ACADEMY • Young Kylo Ren being trained by his Uncle
    INT NIGHT - 202 - ACADEMY • Bodies left behind - Young Kylo Ren is gone
    EXT DAY - 203 - JAGGED TERRAIN/PALACE • Kylo Ren joins The Knights Of Ren

Wonder how they'll do a young Han and Leia - CGI like in the Hobbit? This also confirms that Han and Leia didn't divorce/separate until after the massacre....some of the rumours were saying they split up right after ROTJ.

24. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    On the bright side, this means we ARE getting an on-screen union with Mark, Harrison and Carrie. Empire magazine was right.

25. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    INT DAY - 240 - RESISTANCE BASE - LEIA'S AREA • Han Solo tells Leia that Rey is worth saving. [face_party]^:)^[face_party][face_love]

EXT DAY - 198 - ACADEMY • Leia and Han Solo hand over Young Kylo Ren to his Uncle for training [face_party]^:)^^:)^^:)^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.