main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. ReyPrescott

ReyPrescott Jedi Master star 3

Oct 3, 2015
    I also liked the present day stuff, for me it fell apart when Lucy died (she grew on me) and was revealed as a Templar agent or whatever. I just didnt care anymore and started buying them used and cheap. We hear all this talk about other 21st century assassin's but never see anyone besides Shaun and Rebecca (does Rebecca know lucy was a traitor? :confused:Huh) i get that there isnt many of them but it feel's like nothing is being achieved by all this cloak and dagger ****.

3. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I am currently playing Devil May Cry 3 on both the PS2 and Xbox 360 (HD Collection). I finally beat the remaining Secret Missions and made some solid progress on Very Hard on PS2, but still have 3 more Blue Orb Fragments to track down in order to max out Dante's Vitality Gauge. I already maxed out Dante and have the last three missions left on Hard on Xbox 360. I have a hard time as Vergil on both versions, so I don't know when I will be dealing with him. I haven't gave the rest of the HD Collection a try yet, because I wanted deal with the game I was already familiar with.

4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Destiny
    (Got my Iron Banner. Breezed to rank 5)

Legolas22 likes this.
  5. Legolas22

Legolas22 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2016
    I'm currently running through the witcher 3 hearts of stone dlc. :)

6. smittyjaja

smittyjaja Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2016
    Far Cry 4, picked it up for £10 on sale recently!

7. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Gave up on Shadows of Mordor (the game is a poorly designed mess and absolutely unworthy of the acclaim it received) and moving on to a game I know is great, Dragon Age: Inquisition.

ReyPrescott and Jedi Ben like this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    For the past two weeks I've been playing the free trial run of Final Fantasy XIV. Square Enix is having a sale on PSN currently, where the full game is available for only $10. The only downside is that after the 30 days subscription that comes with it, I'd have to commit to the monthly fees to continue playing.

9. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    I've been playing loads of half life 2: Deathmatch for some reason.

10. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah I felt like the exact opposite. Inquisition quickly becomes a morass of increasing hurdles to progression (The objectives go something like: "Get 30 points." "Now 40." "Now 60." "**** You.") that are so irksome I gave up on it even though I was like 60 hours in and had initially liked it a lot. Mordor has a nice curve and the nemesis system is a really clever addition to the usual Assassin's Creed/Arkham format. Now that may just be evidence that we might have radically opposed tastes, but I'd nevertheless advise tempering your expectations if you want to have a good time with DA:I.

Howard Hand likes this.
  11. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I've already played through Dragon Age: Inquisition and it was my game of the year in 2014 (not that it was a particularly strong year, but it's still one of my favorites of this console cycle). So when I say I know it's great, I really do mean it. :p Lately I've just had an itch to replay it.

Shadow of Mordor, on the other hand... ugh. Probably the dullest open world I've ever played in, and even the tiniest group of uruks can turn into an endless stream of enemies that's capped off with an overleveled Captain. And when (not if) you die, he gets even stronger (along with other Captains/Warchiefs/whatever), and I'm baffled that people enjoy that kind of game design. Not even the Souls series pulls that kind of crap. The abilities you're able to level up are mostly useless, and the good stuff is locked behind the Power wall, which you have to unlock by accomplishing tasks you're underleveled for (and again, if you die in the process, it gets even harder). Which is all really a shame because Talion and the elf guy whose name escapes me are very cool characters and I was interested to see how the story unfolds for them (this coming from a guy who's not a LotR fan), but I just can't be bothered to put up with all the gameplay shortcomings to see it through.

It's certainly not the first widely acclaimed game I haven't enjoyed (I'm looking at you MGS V and your endlessly repeating levels), and I guess I'm just picky. I've never been one who forces himself to like something when I don't just because everyone else says it's great. Too much other stuff out there, and not nearly enough time to get to it all.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  12. smittyjaja

smittyjaja Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2016

I found that to be a fun mechanic personally, I'd find it pretty boring when you die, you'd fight the same enemy - you'd just be able to abuse the weaknesses if you die all the time!

Regarding MGS V, the 'endlessly repeating' levels were actually the side missions which do stop at 150 I believe, the main missions do not repeat until later on and even then, they are just 'HARD' versions of the same missions and there are only about ten of them.

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

14. ReyPrescott

Oct 3, 2015
    Indigo prophecy for the PS2.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Grand Theft Auto V

16. ReyPrescott

Oct 3, 2015
    Bloodborne. Ugh! :_| I'm so bad at these games.

17. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Sunset Overdrive

18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

Best game in the entire series.

19. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    The best game in the series is the one that is most unlike the others? Thanks for the warning.

ReyPrescott likes this.
  20. ReyPrescott

Oct 3, 2015
    I prefer AC1 myself, first PS3 game i ever owned.

Def Jam Vendetta for PS2. I remember this game getting extremely hard (For me anyway) later into the story with a 3v1 fight near the end that i alway's got hung up on. [face_phbbbbt]

21. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    [face_love]

Man I love the Def Jam series. I even played the crap out of Icon on the 360. Really wish that series would make a comeback.

ReyPrescott likes this.
  22. ReyPrescott

Oct 3, 2015
    Yeah, i want a sequel to FFNY it didnt resolve D-Mob's prison thing lol. I liked Icon enough but i got stuck on the final boss and my game kept freezing whenever i beat him so i traded it in.

23. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. I've come to realize that these kinds of games (pretty and not much else) just aren't for me. The Uncharted series, the Tomb Raider games, etc. I like my games to have substance, not just style and nice graphics. I'm at chapter 24 out of 26 in this one and I don't think I'll inconvenience myself by seeing it through. It's just not fun.

Life likes this.
  24. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Mordor gets old after a while but I'll still take it any day over Inquisition which is a slog that doesn't even have the interesting characters of most Bioware games.

25. IronMant

IronMant Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    I installed Shadow of Mordor yesterday, played 90 minutes... about half of that was trying to set up the controls to something comfortable since it's got an excessive numbers of keys... and I'm already bored of it. Even in the brief amount of time I've actually played it, it feels that I've pretty much seen all the game has to offer. I got to some early side quest where I had to backstab a bunch of slavers, without being seen, in three minutes... and the very concept of that quest totally took me right out of any story the game might have. It's just arcade-ish crap. If I'm going to play a game like that I might as well make it one of the Batman games.

No idea what I'll actually play now. I'd pick Knights of the Old Republic, but those games hate my 4k monitor and are just way too crashy in windows 7. I noticed that the first one is out for android, so I may pick it up for the tablet and see if that's any better... but I'm really not that fond of tablet gaming.

Life and Reynar_Tedros like this.