main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Costume plans

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Oct 6, 2015.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It's still a long way to go, but does anyone have any costume plans yet?

My original plan was to only bring really comfy and easy to pack costumes, but then I promised one of the best Amidala costumers out there to bring my handmaiden to match her.

So at the moment the costumes I'm thinking about bringing are:

Gold handmaiden
    Jawa (it's comfy and so I can be in the 501st photo)

Then I was thinking that CE would be a good date to put a deadline for finishing my X-wing pilot, and I'm hoping to have a TFA Leia done for the TFA premiere, and that would also be an easy and comfy costume for a con. I'm not going to bring four costumes for a three day con, so I really have to see what I will bring.

2. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i'll probably be going as "waiter guy" from Celebration Europe in Essen.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  3. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm planning on going as a Jedi. First time costuming at a con so really looking forward to it! First time ever will be at TFA midnight opening so that's going to be a lot of fun!

CaptainRegor and jawajames like this.
  4. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Hi, Anne. Mind if I liven up the thread again? (or at least try ;) )
    Might go "simple" and take an Han Solo costume... Hey, he was really cool in TFA!

5. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Of course!

As of now my plan is Gold Handmaiden (if it gets accepted for the cosplay contest otherwise it's not worth packing it), X-wing pilot, jawa and possibly TFA Leia. I hadn't planned on Leia, but I know of some other people who would like to do a TFA group.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  6. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    That sounds awesome! Hope you get in the contest!
    Intriguing idea of a TFA cosplay group! :)

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    For those taking costumes, registration is now open for the Cosplay Contest. You can see the rules and sign up here on the Celebration website.

8. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012

How is the plan going?

9. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I just totally redid my plans over the weekend. As of now I'm still thinking about TFA Leia, and a secret costume.The rest will be up to how much I can fit in my luggage.

10. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    So possibly a Leia + a super secret? How fun! I don't know about cosplaying a TFA Han myself It would be cool but I'm waaay closer to ANH Han age-wise. And that's a cool costume too!

11. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I should say that the secret one is a pure fun cross-over thing, it's not aiming to be something spectacular from the films.

Han is always a cool costume.

12. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Oh yeah? So it's Doctor Borg Skywalker? Hahah. Sounds cool though! Crossover costumes are always neat!

13. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Anyone planning to do any NJO / Legacy comics costumes?

I'm done with Twin Suns Jaina suit, and was hoping to do something from Legacy, maybe Marasiah Fel is there's time. Ofc, it's fun see some of these costumes in a team, so if anyone wants to join forces for something specific a la Fel's Empire etc., let me know!
    Also, if anybody knows of other sites I could ask the same question, do share. :)

Edit: Quite new to cosplay, hence asking.

14. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I'd love to see some NJO costumes! Would love to get a Jacen outfit one day but no idea where I'd even start with that so just sticking with Jedi robes for this one.

Started a pre-con work out regime last week when I realized my outfit had gotten a bit tighter than I'd like! Never thought cosplay would help encourage me to stay in shape [face_laugh]

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  15. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I just got my Willrow Hood costume cleared with the Willrow Hood detachment, so I guess that's my first confirmed costume for London.

16. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Jedi, Jedi and Jedi. Oh, and my RFT since they're back in style with Rogue One. :D If I get the Endor Trooper, a Twi-lek or Togruta done, I'll wear that, too. I work extra hard to make sure my hall costumes are comfy; they only normal clothes I bring are what I wear on the plane coming and going.;)

17. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Help me, cosplay-pro Kenobis!

How do you normally transport lightsabers on a flight? Do you check it in as special baggage, or carry it with you into the cabin, like a conference poster tube?
    Since I've never flown with one, any advice is very welcome!
    Hope this is the right thread.

18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd contact whatever airline you're flying with and ask. You might have to put it in the checked luggage given that it is a prop weapon.

19. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I've just been accepted into the cosplay contest with my gold handmaiden. It's bulky to bring with me, so I might have to rethink my plans. As of now I'm aiming for:

Gold handmaiden (Friday)
    Willrow Hood
    Secret novelty costume (Saturday)
    TFA General Leia (the last one is depending on me getting the belt buckle made in time, the rest of it is done) (Sunday)

If I have time, and enough fabric in my stash, I would like to make a comfy Classic Leia-inspired dress to wear while not in costume and a couture 1950's cocktail dress for the 501st/RL party on Saturday. I think it will be too warm to bring my Greedo damask jersey gown though.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  20. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    This is England, it could be beautiful weather or it could be cold and wet LOL! Always best to pack for both if you have room.

21. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012

Hey, that's awesome! I always intended to go to the cosplay show, now it's a must, huh?
    Hope you get that TFA Leia in order, would be cool to see!

22. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Since I can't work with hard materials I have given references Pictures of it to a friend, and I'm hoping he will be able to make it. I will not have the ring that goes to the costume though, since I have talked with a silversmith about having it professionally done, and he doesn't have time until after the summer/tourist season.

23. Krennic

Krennic Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2016
    I have a generic Jedi outfit and I'm putting together a Director Krennic one. My partner is hoping to have the padme lake dress and a night sister cosplay ready.

24. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Nightsister sounds really cool!

As much as I'm always amazed by the level of detail people put into face character costumes I always love seeing what people do for generic Jedi, Sith, Nightsisters etc and the unique touches they use.

25. Krennic

Krennic Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2016
    Yea should be good, the bow and fluorescent paint arrived the other day.

We both fancy going down A SWTOR route for personalised Jedi or smuggler. Make it match your character.

Darthmaul208 and ChrisLyne like this.