main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Inner struggle DDC 2016 Luke/Vader Updated 01/16/2016

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    Leia took that well. I can understand why the crew is confused. It figures Admiral Piett was the guy smart enough to figure it out. If it was Admiral Ozzel he'd be scratching his head in confusion.

AzureAngel2, Nyota's Heart and Falcon like this.
  2. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    This is a very interesting idea for an AU. The possibilities for everyone being utterly confused are endless, between the Rebels, the Executor's crew, Vader and Luke themselves, Jabba when he comes into the picture (I'm kinda impatient to see how you'll handle that bit) and Palpatine too. I'm very curious to find out who this medic really is -- an agent for Palps, an agent for the Rebellion, or an agent for Vader? Great father-son bonding here, although I expect that a setback is around the corner -- there's only so much they can tiptoe around each other before something comes to disrupt the delicate balance they've achieved.

Eagerly waiting for the next post!

AzureAngel2, Nyota's Heart and Falcon like this.
  3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I have an idea for handling the Han situation and will be offering popcorn and pop in thread for it because it will be popcorn and pop worthy [face_mischief]

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  4. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    The medics took Vader down to his castle in a private shuttle. I stood by the hover bed as the shuttle touched down on the platform. I looked at the medic with a frown as he prepared to move the bed. Some nurses had the armor on a hover cart. There was an oxygen mask over Anakin’s mouth and nose. I prayed that Palpatine was not waiting. One of the guards we told the code name to came forward. “Yes Captain?”

“Mi Lord, manipulator has entered the shuttle,” the captain answered causing me to frown. Palpatine was waiting as Vader looked at me as I pulled the helmet over my head. I was really hoping to avoid wearing it. Just in case Palpatine was going to greet Vader, we felt it best if I dressed up in armor to prevent suspicion. I took five steps back and stood beside the captain with the rifle at ceremony rest as Piett taught me just before we came out of hyperspace. It made me wonder whose side the Admiral really was on.

“Great, he was waiting to come on board,” I whispered as Anakin’s face grew concerned. Maybe I should’ve come down on a separate shuttle after all. I couldn’t speak another word as Palpatine approached the hover bed as he looked at Anakin with concern.

“And how is my old friend doing?” Palpatine questioned causing me to frown. Friend? You’re the root problem of my family’s problems tricking my father into falling to the dark side and you call him a friend? You’re no friend of Anakin’s, and after the last discussion went. Anakin was done with Palpatine’s manipulations.

“Better,” Anakin answered as he eyed Palpatine with a neutral expression. “Forgive me if I don’t get out of bed and bow.”

“Not in your condition,” Palpatine agreed. “I have made arrangements for you to recover in my castle.”

This was not good, I thought with a frown. Did Palpatine have suspicions or was it to keep a close eye on Anakin? “That is very kind of you, but I would feel more comfortable….”

“I wish it,” Palpatine interrupted Vader. “I would like to see you get better. I would hate for my right hand to become permanently unable to perform.”

“If it is your command,” Vader answered as I recognized a slave bowing down to the will of his master. This put a hitch into our plans.

“They will take you immediately,” Palpatine said as he looked at me. “See to it he is not disturbed, you will be posted outside his room.”

“Yes my Emperor,” I answered as I felt sweat drip down the back of my neck.

“Not you,” Palpatine said as he pointed to the Captain. “Captain, see to it my guards are posted outside his door and no one is permitted to enter except me, medics and nurses.”

“Yes Mi Emperor,” the Captain answered as he turned his attention to me. “Return to Vader’s castle to await further instructions.”

“Yes sir,” I watched as Palpatine led the way off the shuttle. They waited until Palpatine was out of ear shot as Anakin turned his attention to me.

“I’ve already made arrangements. Just ask for Greg, he’ll show you to your room and don’t worry. I’ll have the medics keep you updated somehow,” Anakin nodded to the Captain as they pushed his bed out of the shuttle. I shook my head wondering when I would see Anakin again. It might be a few days and I would have to find a way to keep myself preoccupied in the meantime.

-------------------------------
    Nyota's Heart, DaenaBenjen42, earlybird-obi-wan, Carlos Danger, Chyntuck, Jedi_Lover, EGKenobi, gaarastar58

AzureAngel2, Chyntuck and gaarastar58 like this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, definitely a glitch/hitch in the plans. [face_nail_biting] Eagerly awaiting more as always. :)

AzureAngel2 and Falcon like this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I hope he will see Anakin soon

AzureAngel2, Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  7. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Uh-oh. Palps knows that something is amiss. Did he sense it, or wonder why all his spies aboard the Executor went silent? Or has someone told him? This is going to be interesting...

PS: No need to tag me, I'm already watching the thread anyway :)

AzureAngel2, Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You never fail to amaze me, dear Falcon. Cleverly you change one event & history takes a new course. Foreigners become friendly with one another like Piett & Luke. A father and a son discover one another emotionally. And most important, you always write a Vader that I can be fond of. Somebody who is able to change & learn.

Nyota's Heart and Falcon like this.
  9. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Okay... Palpy has a fledgling Jedi Knight right in front of him and DOESN'T sense it? Interesting... and now I'm creeped out because he just basically put Vader on Medical House Arrest...

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yeah, that is weird! Makes you wonder if there's a spy on the Executor. :eek:

11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

[face_thinking]

[face_thinking] Wheels spinning for next post

This is from Luke's view point, no one is going to know what's really going through Palpatine's mind at that moment. If he does sense Luke, he's not letting on and refused for Luke to be admitted to his castle is reason enough to draw suspicion that Palpatine knows something is going on.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Or there's that, there, about Palpy playing the political game that I wasn't thinking about... in which case, still creeped out. Rock on. :)

13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Authors Notes: I decided to change the name of the one staff, I realized I named two men Brent and I thought it might become a little confusing due to how I wrote up the chapter. I hope you enjoy :)
    -----------------------

I walked into the castle as a male stepped forward with a frown. I removed the helmet and eyed him with a weary expression. Palpatine taking Anakin to his castle was unexpected and I felt nervous about it. If Palpatine punished him for killing all the spies on the Executer, it wouldn’t bode well for my father’s condition. “Are you Greg?”

“I am, and you are Commander Skywalker, I’m guessing?” Greg questioned with a frown as I nodded. “This way, Commander. I normally don’t show guests around the castle. You must be something special to him.” I nodded in agreement as he opened a door allowing me to enter. “We have a cook on site if you’re hungry? If not you can always ask him to cook you something later. Here is his comlink number. I went ahead and bought you some new clothes.”

Greg handed over a card to me as I accepted it with a nod. “Thank you,” I could tell this move confused Greg as well. “That will be all for now.”

“Sir, are you and Lord Vader related?” Greg questioned with a frown.

“We are,” I answered with a heavy sigh. Some were smart enough to put the pieces together while others stood by scratching their heads in confusion. I guess since Greg did some clothes shopping for me a head of time. He must have started putting the pieces together in his mind. “He’s my father.”

“That does explain a lot,” Greg said, as he suddenly looked nervous. I knew what must have been going through his mind, the bosses kid has arrived. “If you need anything, let me know. Try on the clothes to see if they fit or not and let me know,” he quickly left the room as I closed the door.

I walked to the closet and opened the door noticing everything looked like it was in my size. I took out a fresh outfit and proceeded to strip out of the storm trooper armor. I didn’t like the thought of Anakin being forced to stay in Palpatine’s castle, especially since he was bed ridden and couldn’t protect himself as well. That made me nervous what if he reads Anakin’s mind and discovers about me being here? I didn’t think that conversation would be a pleasant one to have.
    ------------------
    The last few days have been interesting. I took this time to explore Vader’s castle and I learned more about his darkness then I ever thought was possible for one man. The castle had a strong dark side after taste to it. So far the help was aiming to please and I planned to tell Anakin they treated me well here and I was very pleased with their services. But so far I haven’t heard any news of Anakin’s condition.

A knock sounded at my door bringing me out of a deep sleep as I glanced at the chrono noticing it was the middle of the night cycle. I stood up and pulled on a robe and walked to the door and opened it. Greg looked nervous causing me to frown. “Is something wrong?”

“Commander, manipulator is in the castle,” Greg answered with a frown. “And he’s checking rooms.”

No wonder Greg was nervous. “Which floor is he on now?”

“First floor,” Greg answered. “There’s a chance he may know you’re here. Normally he doesn’t come in during this time of night unless he’s looking for something.”

“I’m going to put something on, give me one minute,” I said as Greg nodded as I closed the door. I walked to the closet and quickly pulled out an outfit and got dressed. I grabbed my lightsaber. I walked back to the door and opened it. “Where’s a good place for me to hide in plain sight?”

“Follow me,” Greg answered as I followed him to a wall just down the hall. He passed me a comlink and a flashlight and made the motion of turning the comlink on. He reached up and pulled on a lever revealing a secret passage causing me to smile. This will work. I checked to make sure my lightsaber was on my belt as I entered the hall, then the door closed behind me. I heard Greg rush to my room to most likely to conceal the clothes he bought me. I felt my nerves climb a bit, if he’s here then that means he knows something is amiss.

I turned on the comlink and the flashlight as I heard Greg’s voice come through. “Your room is clean and I appreciate it, it makes it easier for me to tidy up in here on a moment’s notice. I’ll let you know when he leaves.”

“Thanks Greg,” I answered as I walked down the hallway. “Keep it on so I hear what he says to you.”

“Yes commander,” Greg answered as I continued to go further down the hallway. I had a feeling Vader put these halls in to avoid Palpatine’s detection if he wanted to avoid the man.

A few minutes later I heard Greg greet Palpatine.

“A pleasure to see you, my Emperor. What do I owe the pleasure?” Greg greeted in a polite tone.

“Greg, it is good to see you again. I’m wondering if Lord Vader brought anyone home with him?” I heard Palpatine questioned causing me to take in a sharp breath. “It appears all of my spies have gone silent since his trip from Cloud City.”

“No one is here except the staff and I. He did not bring anyone home with him to my knowledge,” Greg answered. I hope Palpatine swallowed that story, but it also confirmed for me that Palpatine knew something was up. “Is there anyone in particular I should be on the lookout for?”

“Commander Luke Skywalker,” Palpatine answered.

“I see. I’ll let you know if he shows,” Greg reassured Palpatine.

Swallow it. Please swallow it I begged silently. “I’m sure you will my new spy.”

“Thank you my Emperor, I won’t let you down.”

“I know you won’t,” Palpatine answered as I bit on my lower lip. “I shall leave you in peace and shall let you get back to your sleep.”

“Thank you my Emperor, it’s always a pleasure to serve you. I’m wondering, how is Lord Vader feeling? I haven’t heard anything since he returned home.”

“He’s suffering a relapse I’m afraid. I’ll keep you updated if to ease your mind?”

“Thank you, yes please,” Greg answered as I felt my heart beat faster. Relapse? How is it possible for Anakin to have a relapse of the same infection? Not unless Palpatine is deliberately infecting him?

It was a good twenty minutes before Greg gave me the all clear. I walked to the door as it opened and I stepped into the hallway. “That was close, he has no clue I’m here?”

“No he doesn’t,” Greg answered with a frown. “What did happen to all his spies.”

“My father killed them all after I came aboard the Executor,” I answered with a frown. “We’re trying to keep Palpatine in the dark. Did he really say my father is suffering a relapse?”

“Yes he did. I’ve always wondered if Palpatine was the reason he gets sick from time to time and tends to suffer instant relapses when he’s forced to stay with Palpatine’s medics. He gets better when he’s in his own castle without suffering a relapse,” Greg answered with a frown. “Why do you ask?”

“I don’t know, but I suddenly don’t feel good about the situation,” I answered honestly. “I feel he’s better off if he isn’t in Palpatine’s care.”

“How do you plan to pull that off?” Greg questioned with a frown. “If you decide to leave, please take me with you.”

I stared at Greg as surprise crossed my features and gave a nod. “I don’t know, if I did you would have to be willing to leave on a moment’s notice,” I answered honestly feeling frustration well up in me. I would have to think of something. Try and convince Vader he’s better off leaving the Empire might be easier said than done.
    ---------------
    TBC

DaenaBenjen42, Jedi_Lover, gaarastar58, AzureAngel2, Nyota's Heart, Carlos Danger, EGKenobi, earlybird-obi-wan

14. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    The Manipulator...I like that code name. I wonder what Kylo's would be? "Psycho whiner"? Lord Anger-management?

If I was Anakin or Luke I would be creeped out at the thought of Palpatine walking around my castle. I can just imagine him asking to use the bathroom. Yuck. (I have no idea why that thought popped into my head....okay now I am imagining Palpatine using my bathroom and there was no toilet paper and he is yelling for me to bring him a roll).

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ah, glad Greg is on their side. [face_relieved] Plans and decisions - coming up and needing to made more urgently than either Vader or Luke realized. [face_thinking]

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

[face_laugh] opps my bad for bringing creepy images to your mind [face_tee_hee] Sorry about that Lover

Your post made me laugh because that never crossed my mind.

[face_thinking]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    This story continues in an interesting direction, separating Luke from Vader. Have to admit I find it difficult to imagine Darth Vader saying 'Greg' or 'Brent'. They don't seem like names that belong in the SW universe, but I suppose it depends on the tone you wish to convey. Also a minor thing but there are five nods and seven frowns in this entry. It might benefit from some more variety.

I bet Palpatine isn't fooled for a moment:emperor:

18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    There was a clone trooper called Gregor[face_dunno]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    I'll give you that and happily retract my previous statement. I guess for me Brent and Greg are names with a distinct modern trend and I have always viewed SW more as mythology and modern names can sound a little jarring (Gregor seems more old fashioned and more closely related to the original Gregory which has very ancient roots). I simply have a difficult time imagining James Earl Jones' deep lustrous intimidating voice addressing an underling as 'Brent'.

Falcon and AzureAngel2 like this.
  20. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, when you said Greg I had the weidest connection ever in my silly head. One of my favourite childhood series on German TV was "Captain Future", based on the stories of Edmond Hamilton.

Oh, no, the robot what written Grag. But well, that was the first thought that crossed my weird fangirl mind.

Anyway, I totally agree that Palps is making Vader ill for some reason. There is never trust & love between a sith master and his dark apprentice.

Falcon likes this.
  21. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    To me this sentence said it all. It's in Palpy's habits to come and explore Vader's castle in the middle of the night? Talk about Sith trusting each other!

So after that, I can't say that the idea of Palps causing Vader's illness really came as a surprise -- not that I expected exactly that of course, but I did expect more signs of the fact that he's keeping his apprentice on a tight leash, and in an ugly way.

22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    [face_thinking]

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    By morning, they had moved Vader back into the med ward in the castle. I sensed pain and anguish come from Anakin making me want to run. But suspected it would only make things worse. As soon as Palpatine and his troopers left I walked into Anakin’s room as his eyes met mine. I saw fear and uncertainty in his eyes. He must realize by now he’s being deliberately tormented, that Palpatine had a tight leash on him. And this was a reminder not to cross him. I placed my hand on his forehead and noted he felt hotter then he did on the Executer the first time around.

One of Anakin’s nurses brought in a cloth and water bowl as I signaled for her to leave. She placed the bowl down on a table as she gave a slight bow then left without a word. I reached for the bowl and rung out the cloth and placed it on his forehead. “Why do you stay and endure his cruelty?”

“I have nowhere else to go and I’m in too deep,” Anakin answered honestly as his blue eyes met mine. “Where would you suggest to go, due to my condition I don’t have many options.”

I felt my stomach twist at his answer. As soon as he walked onboard Home One, he would be arrested on sight. I frowned wondering if I could talk Leia into helping us. She understood why I stayed but to bring him into the Alliance camp…. It would be a death sentence. “Let’s go to Tatooine, maybe I can talk the Princess into helping us.”

I could tell Anakin was struggling with that decision as Brent walked in and stepped to the other side of Anakin’s bed. I glanced up at him realizing that he worked for my father directly, but I still couldn’t quite figure out which side he really was on. He helped Anakin into a sitting position then leaned him forward to reveal several fresh bleeding whipping marks. That explained the pain I sensed earlier and the fear and uncertainty I saw in Anakin’s eyes a few minutes ago. I turned my attention to Brent as a nurse walked in with a cleaning cloth and bacta ointment and proceeded to clean the wounds. “How did this happen?”

“Palpatine had someone do this to him, for killing all the spies on the Executer,” Brent explained as he continued to hold Anakin up. “Commander, I’ve been your father’s personal medic for years. Even Vader doesn’t escape Palpatine’s wraith.”

Now I was beginning to understand why Brent was encouraging me to change Anakin’s mind about staying here. It would be in his best interest health wise to leave. The torment would stop if I could convince Anakin to leave the Empire and come to the Alliance. “That looks painful,” I observed as I heard a few hisses come from Anakin making my heart sink. I knew cleaning a cut stung but to clean several all at once? “Did Palpatine deliberately re-infect him?”

“I believe so, it was the same infection he came down with on the Executer, his fever is higher this time,” Brent answered honestly as the nurse finished attending Anakin’s back. He gently helped Anakin lay back down and I could see the discomfort in his eyes as I reached for the cloth in the bowl that held ice and water. I proceeded to place the cloth back on his forehead. “If he’s willing to leave, the nurse and I want to go with you. I know your fathers’ conditions and what his needs are. And I’m willing to speak to the Alliance leaders on his behalf.”

I raised an eyebrow wondering how Anakin treated the nurse and medic in the long run if they were willing to jump ship with him. Not to mention vouch for him? I glanced into Anakin’s eyes and I could tell something was bothering him. He hasn’t spoken since the medic and nurse had walked in here. If he left he must know on some level the torment would stop. On the other hand, how would the Alliance react? “Maybe they would go easier on you, if you told the Alliance leaders everything? I’m sure Leia would want to help. She knows the political arena. Exchange information for a pardon?” I reached for his hand forcing Anakin to turn his attention to me. “You don’t have to decide right now, give it some thought. We can work through this.”

Anakin remained silent as he closed his eyes. Tears were silently running down his cheeks causing me to realize I needed to speak to him alone. I turned my attention to Brent and the nurse wondering if we could have a few minutes alone. Brent glanced at Anakin and smiled wearily. “We’ll wait outside. Let us know when you’re done talking. I still need to do a few things for him before allowing him to rest.”

“Thank you,” I waited until both had walked outside and Brent closed the door behind him. “Father, what’s wrong?”

“I don’t deserve you,” Anakin answered honestly as he opened his eyes. “How did I end up with a kind son? Beru did well with you and I see a lot of your mother’s personality in you. You remind me so much of her.”

“Did you want to leave? Greg wants to come too. I’m curious about something. How did you end up with three people willing to jump ship with you?” I whispered gently. Maybe he was ready to leave all this behind and just needed someone to push him a bit more.

“They served me well and I never ill treated them,” Anakin answered with fondness in his voice. I knew he didn’t have many friends. Maybe it was possible he viewed these three as such. “Find Greg for me, I need him to do some things first but I’m unable to do them myself at the moment.”

I nodded as I took out the comlink Greg gave me a few days ago. I turned it on. “Greg, its Luke, can you come down to the med ward for a few minutes? My father needs to speak with you.”

“I’ll be right there,” Greg answered as I killed the transmission.

“They’ve treated me well here,” I told Anakin. “They just aim to please. Are you ready to jump ship?” I repeated in a gentle tone as I placed my hand on his shoulder.

“I am,” Anakin answered with a weary smile. “I’m still unsure on the kind of reception I’ll receive or if a pardon for information is even possible.”

I knew it was a long shot. Anakin had a criminal sheet more than a mile long. Anything was possible. I never took the Alliance for being unreasonable or cruel. “We’ll go to Tatooine first, there’s something there that needs be taken care of.”

“And what’s that?” Anakin questioned with a curious expression.

“We need to get Han back from Jabba. Leia and Han have been dating for the last couple of years,” I explained with a smile. “Sometimes I think Leia sees me more as a brother then a possible choice. I know her heart belongs to Han.”

Greg walked in followed by the nurse and the medic. Brent closed the door as Anakin handed Greg a couple of disks. “These are passwords to my files, have my credits transferred into an untraceable accounts with the following names.”

“Are we leaving now, mi Lord?” Greg questioned as he accepted the disks from Anakin.

“Yes, but I need you to do this first. It will take a day and I want you to download everything off my personal data pad,” Anakin answered as Greg grinned. “Please call me Anakin.”

Greg had a surprised look on his face as he looked at me for answers. “His first name is Anakin,” I explained with a frown. “His full name is Anakin Skywalker.”

“Sure Anakin,” Greg left the room as Brent and the nurse proceeded to wrap up what they planned on doing which included drawing a couple of vials of blood. The nurse placed everything into a carrying case as Brent finished taking his blood pressure.

“You should rest,” Brent encouraged as he packed up his bag. “Commander, try not to keep him up. Your father needs his rest. Keep applying the towel to his forehead. It should help keep him cool in the mean time. If you want a break, let us know.”

“Thanks,” I watched Brent leave as I turned my attention back to Anakin. “What will Palpatine do once he finds out?”

“Put a bounty on my head or try and make it difficult by placing doubt within the Alliance,” Anakin answered honestly as I noticed his eyes looked red. He was ready for some more sleep and was losing the fight to stay awake.

“Get some rest,” I encouraged with a gentle expression. “You should sleep.”

Anakin fell into a slightly more restful sleep as I held onto his hand. Padme was right, he needed me more then I realized at first. I just hope I could get Leia’s help with trying to convince the Alliance leaders to let him live in exchange for information. I stayed by his bedside well into the night until I nodded off to sleep. The nurse woke me up promising to keep an eye on him for me. I gave a sleepy nod and headed to my room.
    -------------------------
    The next day Palpatine had visited the palace while I was asleep. Greg told me he only came to visit my father but remained oblivious to the fact I was here. That was good at least. That meant we had some time to make our way into the docking bay and just leave.

“Commander, everyone is packed and I took the liberty of packing your things for you yesterday,” Greg explained as I walked towards the medward. “You might want to brace yourself about Palpatine’s visit.”

“Why, what’s going on?” I questioned as Greg chewed on his lower lip. “He didn’t come back to torment my father further, did he?”

“He had someone whip him further,” Greg answered causing me to pause in mid stride. I stopped and faced Greg as I felt a bad feeling settle into my stomach.

”He must know what Anakin plans to do,” I said with a frown. “Is the shuttle prepped? We should leave at once,” either one of the people here was a traitor or it was possible Palpatine was tipped off by having the credits moved into untraceable accounts. “Did Palpatine already leave?”

“He did,” Greg answered. “He knew about the credit transfer I did yesterday, now he knows my loyalties don’t lie with him. I always preferred working for your father. He’s always treated me well,” he lifted up his shirt and I saw whipped markings.

“I’m sorry, Greg,” I whispered honestly. “I didn’t want you to get caught…”

“It’s okay, I just want to leave. Working for Palpatine is horrible,” Greg pointed out with a frown as we started walking down towards the med ward. “We need a pilot.”

“Leave that to me,” I said with a frown. “I can fly just about anything,” I reminded him with a frown. “I have flown most of my life.”

“You’re just like your father in that way,” Greg said with a small smile. “I heard he likes to fly too, most of the time it’s an Advanced TIE fighter these days.”

I smiled in appreciation. I remember how Obi-Wan talked about Anakin in a fond tone, he must’ve been remembering the good days before my father turned to the dark side and destroyed everything.
    ------------
    I walked into Anakin’s room as the medic looked up at me from sewing up Anakin’s back causing me to slow down a bit. I noticed they had given Anakin something to bite down on. “How is he?”

“He’ll heal, Commander,” Brent answered honestly as the nurse finished treating Anakin’s back. “But the sooner we get out of here, the better it will be for your father.”

“The shuttle’s prepped, did you both get changes of clothing on board?” I questioned with a frown.

“Yes, Greg came and grabbed our things this morning,” Brent answered. “Anakin’s fever broke an hour ago just before Palpatine showed. It won’t stay long that way he re-injected your father. All we could do was stand by and watch. Two of his guards kept us covered with blasters and Palpatine said if either of us moved to help Vader, he would kill us.”

“It’s just a matter of moving him,” I pointed out with a frown as tears slid down Anakin’s cheeks. I walked to Anakin’s bedside and kneeled down beside it as Anakin’s head turned in my direction and I saw genuine fear. “Now what did Yoda say about fear again?” I quickly reminded Anakin causing him to smile a bit then grunt as Brent continued to sew up his back. I turned my attention to Brent. “As soon as you’re done, we’ll leave.”

“Don’t leave me, Luke, please, he’s crazy,” Anakin commented through gritted teeth. I gently placed my hand on his forehead. I never saw him this fearful before. His temperature felt okay for now, but I suspected it wasn’t going to last that long. Hopefully Anakin had enough of an immunity built up by now.

”I’m not going anywhere, just long enough to get the shuttle into hyperspace,” I explained gently in a reassuring tone. The sooner we left the better it was for him. Palpatine must know by now that Anakin was getting ready to jump ship.
    ----------------
    The shuttle left unchallenged and I finished jumping into hyperspace. According to Palpatine, we were still planet side. I had taken the homing beacon off the shuttle and checked it over for anymore before leaving. I had placed the beacon on another ship sitting in the hanger bay. I made my way back to where Brent was checking his temperature as Anakin looked at me with a worried expression. I knew this was difficult for him to leave. It was his best chance of making a full recovery. “We’ll be at our destination by night fall,” I spoke as Brent nodded in agreement. “How is he?”

“His fever is coming back,” Brent answered honestly as he withdrew a couple of vials of blood. “I’ll do everything I can for him.”

“I know you will,” I answered as I walked to the hoverbed and placed my hand on his forehead. He felt hotter to the touch then he did in the med ward. “Father, are you okay with this now?”

“Yes,” Anakin answered honestly. “Palpatine has to be taken care of.”

Palpatine had to be killed, there was no doubt about that now. My father was going to be seen as another victim attempting to avoid Palpatine’s wraith. I was almost certain of it. “Just rest.”

Anakin closed his eyes falling into an uneasy sleep as I looked up at Brent as he proceeded to check the blood. The nurse was getting a bowl and water ready to most likely keep his forehead cool. I had a feeling once he gained his strength back and he was feeling better, Palpatine was a walking dead man. I hoped I was making the right decision.
    -----------------
    Nyota's Heart, AzureAngel2, DaenaBenjen42, earlybird-obi-wan, Carlos Danger, Jedi_Lover, gaarastar58, EGKenobi

Chyntuck and AzureAngel2 like this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woo, they got away! [face_relieved] =D= Greg is on their side now. :)

25. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    yes escape and I hope they will be able to stay out of Palpatine's clutches