main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finn and Rey's Cat Cantina and Pizza Parlor (The Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    The animator reuploaded the video I posted to put his logo in, so the link has been fixed. His other stuff is well worth checking out as well.

2. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Especially chili cheese curly fries. ;_;

3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    They're boring. :p

Plus Arby's curly fries taste significantly different from ordinary fries. And they recently added loaded curly fries to the menu, which is a small tray of curly fries topped with bacon, cheddar cheese sauce, shredded cheese, and ranch dressing. =P~

Chyntuck likes this.
  4. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    That sounds like a pleasant way to die.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Chyntuck Gettysburg is in a rural area so we're a bit slow to get things done.

But... I have internet now.

jcgoble3, Ewok Poet and Chyntuck like this.
  6. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Oooh, finally, Trak!

And that thing at Arby's...LOL 'MURICA. O________o

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Admiral Volshe, TrakNar and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    [face_laugh][face_flag]

Ewok Poet likes this.
  8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I will find a "LOL Serbia" for good measure...but there won't be a smiley for it. *shrug*

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

jcgoble3 likes this.
  9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Curly fries also tend to be more heavily seasoned.

AND NOW I WANT MOOSE FRIES (they are lattice fries topped with cheese and chives with sweet mustard sauce).

Speaking of food. I didn't go grocery shopping for a bit before I left for my sister's as I intended to go out the day I got back. I did, but only picked up some milk, eggs, pizza pockets, and cereal (because I was so very tired). The adult in me is going "you really should go get groceries because grocery shopping on the weekend sucks". The teenager in me found bacon, bread, and home-made jam in the freezer along with a bunch of frozen fruit, and went "pfft. I can live off of this for a couple more days."

We will see who will win.

TrakNar, jcgoble3 and Chyntuck like this.
  10. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Now I want to go to Arby's... ;)

jcgoble3 and Chyntuck like this.
  11. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    You people are a public danger.

I already had dinner, but tomorrow I'm making a sandwich with straight fries and tomato-feta omelet (the fries in olive oil, the omelet in butter). They don't have that at Arby's, but it's my version of a slow and delightful death.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  12. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Things are doubtless being helped by the phasing out of trans-fat from various cooking processes, but yeah, curly fries and other junk are certainly not something to try to live on. No wonder there's such an obesity epidemic...

Ewok Poet, jcgoble3 and Chyntuck like this.
  13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oooooh. I'm not sure if I have fries (I'll have to go freezer-diving) but I do have feta. I think I'm having a feta-omelet for dinner.

And, yeah, the teenager in me just won... for today.

14. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Briannakin If you end up going for the fries + omelet sandwich, makes sure your omelet is still a bit runny when you put it over the sizzling hot fries. You won't regret it.

EDIT: Goodwood You know, in Greece we also have an obesity epidemic, and we don't even use trans fats so much. We just eat a lot 8-}

Briannakin likes this.
  15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I love this entire conversation. And of course, now I'm hungry. :p

Chyntuck likes this.
  16. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That's an interesting bap.

I like beans on toast with a side of runny eggs & sausage. Omnomnom.

Chyntuck likes this.
  17. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Me too. I initially suspected that there's a conspiracy to turn Chyn into a Hobbit and make her have a second dinner, but it seems that the situation is a lot more serious than that.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  18. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Trans fats are only a fraction of the problem, because in most western countries, the food that working class folks and most of the lower middle class (for all intents and purposes, the majority of citizens) can afford is crudely made and doesn't contain all of the proper nutrients. Those that don't have active working lives, or who otherwise don't get enough exercise, are just plain going to get fat because of the prepackaged junk the food conglomerates foist on us, to say nothing of how a lot of livestock are raised and treated on huge factory farms (and the havoc they wreak on the local environment).

Gamiel and Chyntuck like this.
  19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Nope. No fries in the deep freeze, but they have been added to the "one day, I will go grocery shopping, but that day is not today" list.

But as I was freezer diving, I found some really yummy spinach ravioli I had forgotten I had never finished (because Costco). NEEDLESS to say, my grocery trip has been delayed further. Hey, at least I am cleaning out my freezer.

20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    High-fructose corn syrup, sugar used to preserve various deli, certain kinds of brown food colouring.

21. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    That's also a problem to some extent in Greek cities. I think that what still saves us from that perspective is that, until not so long ago, we were still a largely rural country. Until now most people still have close ties to their villages, where they get to see what "real" food tastes like and whenever they can they'll get "real" food rather than processed food. So the structure of the market is probably different too -- in my neighbourhood there's a different farmer's market every weekday and the prices are similar to the supermarket (or even cheaper if you go one hour before the market closes and the farmers are getting rid of their produce). I guess this sort of thing encourages people not to eat processed foods, or less than they would in "proper" western countries.

On the other side of the same coin, the problem is that people from rural areas still cook as if they were living the village life and toiling in the fields. My stepmother-in-law is from a very poor area of the southern Peloponnese where the only production is olives and olive oil, and the quantities of oil she puts in just about any dish are astronomical. In her village they put all that oil in food because it was their main source of calories, but in Athens that's not really necessary. And then of course, when there's all that oil on your plate, the temptation to wipe it up with bread is really hard to resist... :p

Gamiel, jcgoble3 and Goodwood like this.
  22. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    So I got a new phone because my old one was dying. It was time. Since I got it, I've noticed that my call volume is really, really low. I've fiddled with settings and tried rebooting, etc. Googled tons. Nada.

I just noticed my screen protector doesn't have a hole for the ear speaker.

*facepalm*

23. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Found on Facebook:

[​IMG]

Pure gold. [face_laugh]

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Since we are talking about food, from the manga Toriko:

[​IMG]

Chyntuck likes this.
  25. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

That is my definition of true art. Changing either what you created, yourself or both, all the time. *hides*

whiskers likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.