main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The 2016 U.S. Presidential Election has begun

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  2. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

By go away I mean go back to the senate and stop thinking you need to still run campaign ads. The campaign is over. Move on.

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

I thought you were a Sanders supporter.

4. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

point given

5. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Hardee har har :p

6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    By good GOP senators, do you mean in making the party a haven for fearful stupidity and profound anti-intellectualism (and therefore unelectable)? Or do you mean that if he's in the public eye he's less likely to resume the Zodiac killings?

7. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
  8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    *hides stash from wocky*

9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I would be surprised if Sanders didn't light up a blunt from time to time Wocky.

10. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    That is an atrocious, hateful lie. Mind-altering drugs, legal and illegal, more or less epitomize capitalism. They are repugnant and will eventually be destroyed.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    ... and Wocky just lost Shane and Abadabacus... :p

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  12. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I initially read that as Sanders lighting up Wocky, which doesn't necessarily come amiss.

Vaderize03 and Ender Sai like this.
  13. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Speaking of lighting things up, it appears Trump protestors have broken through barriers and lit some fires in New Mexico.

I honestly worry if Trump will even make it to the RNC with the kind of hatred he has evoked.

Falcon likes this.
  14. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

I wasn't the one who called Sanders blunt. :p

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So, interesting side note... Hillary Clinton won the WA State Democratic Primary.

It in no way counts, since WA State goes 100% by caucus results (remember, Sanders +50), and it's entirely unclear if people didn't show up because it doesn't count, but it's at least another potential data point on caucus vs. primary. Clinton +6.5.

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Aren't you Christian?

Didn't your god make marijuana?

Also, I love that you define Bernie's afternoon toke as a "mind altering drug" which "epitomizes [sic] capitalism".

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  17. slidewhistle

slidewhistle Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 24, 2015
    He only uses it for his psychosomatic glaucoma.

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Wait, wait, wait... this just keeps getting better and better. And speaks directly to the previous notion that Sanders has been "discriminated" against in the Democratic Primary season, whereas his delegate totals vastly outpace his voter totals, and now we sort of have "proof." Thanks, Washington!

Bernie Sanders won the WA caucus 72.7% to 27.1%. The WA State Caucus turnout is estimated to be 238,000 people, as sourced here:

http://www.bustle.com/articles/1503...-states-primary-marked-a-major-win-for-bernie

However, WA State also holds a primary -- which doesn't count. So you'd think people wouldn't vote. I thought that too. Fortunately, WA State has a very good voting system in the primary which makes is much easier to vote than the caucus system and even though it didn't count... 661,403 people voted so far (one county's still not final I think). Or... almost triple the caucus totals. Hillary won the primary, 53.6% to 46.3%, or just over 7%.

EDIT: Source... http://results.vote.wa.gov/results/20160524/President-Democratic-Party.html

19. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Part of his reason for staying in the race makes sense

the other part is worrying, is he hurting Democratic chance of beating Trump by staying in?

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Does he care?

He never agreed to the "rules as written" so it seems redundant to then assess him by them.

21. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001

He's in agreement as long as they are not an obstacle for him. When they are, they cease to be fair and are "rigged."

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  22. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I guess my real question is, should he drop out or not? What chances does Hilary really have against Trump? Now I'm really curious

23. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Case in point: his challenging of the Kentucky results.

Hillary should have a surrogate point out what just happened in Washington as a response. The primary may not count, but it counters his argument that he's the only candidate on the Democratic side who's generating momentum. Also, he's now on the air with ads in California, something he previously hasn't done. Clinton just opened field offices in New Jersey, a state where she's comfortably ahead in the polls.

If she wins NJ/CA, it's going to be hard for anyone to argue that she didn't fight for it or has been "crowned."

Peace,

V-03

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    To be fair, the KY state election rules permit it with a race that close at the cost of the state -- but that's also bad optics, in concept, since he's supposed to be the "save the little people money" guy and unless he's really expecting to need the, literally, one delegate he could possibly wrangle out of this... I'm sort of at a loss for what his motivation is. If he didn't care so much about Missouri, it makes somewhat less sense to care about Kentucky...

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    So... Trump in New Mexico attacked its Republican governor, Susana Martinez, of being a Muslim-loving weakling who should not have accepted any refugees from the Middle East.

Wow. Great outreach there, Trump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.