main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends A New War: ROTS AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Revanfan1, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Posted at the request of Force Smuggler and ShanOffirin.

Before you guys read this: it's bad. Really bad. Like, I wrote this when I was fifteen and I was an all right writer, but I also had several biases, among them the fact that I bought into a lot of the "Mandalorians are superior to all" stuff in the Karen Traviss books (I still love KT's books but I've learned to divorce character opinion from canonical reality). So the Mando-**** is really bad. Things to expect in this:

-Short, choppy writing.
    -A Mandalorian flying into the middle of a Senate meeting, telling the Chancellor what to do, and flying away...and the Chancellor doing it.
    -The Jedi Council making some odd and left-field decisions that really don't make sense but I thought did at 15. :p
    -A love triangle between two Jedi and a Mandalorian.
    -...and more.

If you really want to read this, I'll wish you luck and hope that you don't all hate me by the end. [face_laugh]

Chapter 1

“I am the Senate,” Palpatine said.

“Not yet,” Windu replied.

He, Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin, and Kit Fisto stood in the office of the Supreme Chancellor. That was a title, Mace believed, that Palpatine did not deserve.

“It’s treason, then,” Palpatine hissed.

Suddenly, there was a roar and the Sith Lord leapt forward, a crimson lightsaber in hand. He would have killed Agen Kolar if Saesee Tiin had not sensed the blow and jumped in to block it at the last second.

In that time, Kit and Mace advanced, and Palpatine was under attack from all four Jedi Masters. Still, he fought with surprising speed and strength.

They almost had him when Mace sensed a powerful presence enter the office. He didn’t–couldn’t–spare a glance at the door, but he knew that it was Anakin Skywalker.

Agen Kolar, on the other hand, was so distracted that Palpatine managed to thrust his crimson lightsaber through his chest. Kolar fell, dead.

Palpatine then used a Force wave to knock Kit and Saesee back into the wall. It was just Mace and Palpatine. Suddenly, the Sith Lord fired a burst of Force lightning.

Mace reflected it, though barely. It was the most difficult thing he had ever done. He watched in horror as Palpatine’s face deformed in seconds.

“Anakin!” Palpatine cried. “I…have to power to save the one you love!”

“Don’t…listen to him, Anakin!” Mace said.

The one he loved? Mace wondered briefly, but then decided it must have been Senator Amidala.

“Don’t let him kill me!” Palpatine said.

“NO!” Anakin cried.

His lightsaber came down and decapitated the Sith Lord.

Mace watched as Anakin collapsed on a nearby chair. He quickly moved to reassure the Jedi Knight.

“You truly are the Chosen One,” he said.

“Master Windu…Padme and I…are married.”

Then his suspicions were confirmed. He was surprised to find that he was not angered. Anakin had saved the lives of both Jedi and citizens across the galaxy.

“That doesn’t matter,” Mace said.

“Yes. It does,” Anakin replied. “She’s…going to have a baby.”

“Oh.”

Mace sighed, and looked at Kit and Saesee, who were rousing from their unconsciousness.

“Contact Senators Amidala, Mothma, Organa, and Bel-Iblis,” he said. “We need to talk.”

Hours later, Anakin found himself looking numbly from the office of the man who was Darth Sidious. The four Senators, including his wife, had been summoned, and informed of the situation.

Anakin wasn’t sure what they were talking about now.

He looked down. He could still see where Palpatine’s headless body had fallen. A group of Senate guards had given him a burial suitable only for a Sith Lord. They’d thrown him in a compactor.

Anakin smiled thinly. Maybe it wasn’t so bad, after all.

“Anakin,” Mace said.

“Yes?” he replied.

“Contact Commander Cody. Tell him everything.”

“Yes, Master.”

Anakin activated the comlink.

Commander Cody dodged a blaster bolt and ducked behind a small makeshift barricade. His comlink was beeping incessantly, and it was beginning to annoy him.

“Yes?”

“This is General Skywalker,” the voice on the other end said. “Are you sitting down, Cody?”

“In a way,” Cody replied.

“Good.”

Anakin explained everything. Cody listened, at first with half an ear and then with growing interest. So, Palpatine had been the Sith Lord all along.

“Then the war really is over, sir.”

“Yes. Inform Obi-Wan. Tell him that once the situation there is cleaned up, he is to return to the Jedi Temple immediately for an emergency council session.”

“Yes, sir. Cody out.”

Cody rose to his feet and fired off a barrage of rifle fire. He saw General Kenobi returning on that varactyl, and knew that he had succeeded in killing whatever remaining commanders this base had.

“Sir,” he said. “You might want to halt that beast…”

All across the galaxy, the call went out. The war was over. On the frigid Mygeeto, Ki-Adi-Mundi and the Galactic Marines ensured a successful strike against the Separatists.

On Felucia and Saleucami, Stass Allie and Aayla Secura shut down the droid control systems and captured the commanders in the system.

And on Coruscant, elections were held for a new Chancellor. Bail Organa, of Alderaan, and Ask Aak, of Malastare, were the final candidates. In the end, the result came out with Organa in the lead by five votes.

The next day, he was announced as the Supreme Chancellor.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Good start. Can't wait to see where this goes!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Sounds really good. I look forward to more. At least Tiin and Fisto survived :)

AzureAngel2 and Revanfan1 like this.
  4. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Force Smuggler ShanOffirin Okay, this is probably the worst chapter. After this, it kind of tapers out to be less terrible.

Chapter 2

“…And furthermore, all security measures installed by the former Supreme Chancellor Palpatine are to be shut down immediately.” Bail looked at the Senators around him. Padme Amidala had been one of the most surprised at his election. “The Jedi will remain the guardians of the Republic.”

As applause carried throughout the Senate rotunda, Bail saw how much the attitude toward the Jedi had changed since they had uncovered that Palpatine was behind the whole war. Days ago, they had been the primary target for ridicule. Now, they were heroes.

Especially Skywalker.

“All clone troopers–”

“Hey, Chancellor!” a voice called.

A gold-armored Mandalorian jet-packed down and landed in front of Bail. The two sized each other up for a moment before the Mandalorian spoke.

“I have found a potential cure for the accelerated aging that the cloning process causes,” the Mandalorian said. “I will hand it over to you, if you agree to find a good doctor and administer it to all clones who ask.”

“Of course. Thank you. Who are you?”

The Mandalorian sounded like he was smiling. “Kal’buir.”

As ‘Kal’buir’ left the Rotunda, Bail continued his speech.

“In addition to the decelerated aging, all clones will be allowed to leave the Grand Army, and take up whatever occupation they wish. On the condition that they take with them a comlink that can be used to reach them in emergencies.”

The cheers continued.

“Those who do not can work in-hand with the Jedi as the security force for the Republic. Furthermore, all Separatist droids are to be shut down immediately.

“Though I dislike the use of bounty hunters, a bounty of one million credits will be put on the head of every Separatist leader–alive. If they are killed, the bounty is void.”

And the applause continued.

“Stunning,” a voice said.

Anakin turned around to see Obi-Wan standing behind him. His former Master must have just gotten back, because Utapau was several days’ travel from Coruscant.

Anakin turned and embraced his friend.

“I heard everything,” he said. “About you and Padme, and the child. Don’t worry, with what you’ve done about Palpatine, there is no way you’ll be expelled.”

Anakin smiled. “I hope not.”

They turned together to watch the Senate proceedings. When a Mandalorian came down, Anakin and Obi-Wan both fingered their lightsabers on instinct, but stopped when they heard his statement.

“A cure,” Anakin mused.

“Interesting,” Obi-Wan added. “And good. I wouldn’t want anyone to have to live half a life.”

Anakin nodded, then turned to Obi-Wan. “I want to train my child,” he said.

“What?” Obi-Wan replied.

“I sense my child will be strong in the Force. I want to train him.”

“Oh. Very well. We’ll discuss it with the Council.”

“That’s all I ask.”

Darman Skirata watched the holovid with increasing joy. Organa had said the clones could leave freely…and better, Skywalker had been revealed as a married Jedi.

Could that mean that Etain could stay with the Order?

“Dar,” said Niner.

“Yeah?”

“C’mon,” Niner replied. “We’ve got a ceremony to attend.”

“Ceremony?”

“Yeah. Something about the Grand Army being disabled. The Republic’s official defenders will now only be the Jedi, non-clone security officers, and the clones that don’t want to leave. But we can’t be cut loose until we attend the ceremony.”

“Kal’buir’s pretty excited, huh?”

“You better believe it, Dar.”

Darman stood, hoisted his Deece, and followed Niner.

Anakin Skywalker stood behind Chancellor Organa as he prepared to cut the clones free. He was glad for the clones. He’d never liked using them, but they’d won the war.

“And so,” Organa said, “It is that I officially disband the Grand Army of the Republic. Any clones that wish to remain in service may assist the Coruscant Security Force or the Jedi in their defense of the Republic. See Captain Obrim or Master Yoda to do so.”

Cheers went up from the clones. Anakin knew that Organa would make an excellent Chancellor, and would probably be re-elected for a second term.

But this couldn’t last forever, and within the hour, Anakin had to return to the Temple for a Council meeting. The ceremony had taken place on Centax II, and he’d have to hurry to get back.

He quickly bowed to Organa and ran to his Jedi starfighter. As the fighter took off, he saw Obi-Wan’s ship also leaving for the Temple.

Now we’ll see how I get punished for marrying, he thought.

Mace Windu watched Skywalker closely. His knees were locked, and Mace was sure that he could see a bead of sweat forming on his forehead.

“We are promoting you to Master,” Mace announced.

Skywalker’s expression totally changed. A wide beam came over his whole face and his knees unlocked. He clenched his fists in excitement.

“T-thank y-you!” he said. “I c-can’t believe it!”

Mace smiled for the first time in long months.

“But now, onto business,” he said. “With Skywalker resisting the dark side through love for Senator Amidala, should we release the ban on marriage?”

“Think so, I do,” Yoda said. “Master Mundi, married he was, with no turn for the worse. And Skywalker, turned for the better because of love, he was.”

“I agree,” Obi-Wan said.

Mace watched as Anakin’s jaw dropped. Mace almost joined him. Kenobi had been one of the strongest supporters of the Order’s anti-marriage sentiment, despite his obvious love for fellow Jedi Siri Tachi.

“Then it’s unanimous,” Mace said after all the Council had voted. “Oh, Skywalker, you may take a seat.”

Anakin was still standing in the center of the room.

“Oh.”

“One more thing,” Mace said. “We need a replacement for Master Kolar.”

Yoda’s expression saddened. “Master Unduli?”

“She has repeatedly denied being put on the Council,” Coleman Kcaj said.

“Master Kota,” Skywalker said.

“Yes,” Mace said. “Master Kota is a good choice.”

“Agree, I do,” Yoda added.

“Mm,” Kit Fisto mumbled.

“Then Master Kota it is,” Mace said. “Council adjourned.”

AzureAngel2 and ShanOffirin like this.
  5. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    I didn't see it as bad. Sure I'm no fan of Karen Traavis' books but you have done very well so far :)

6. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Force Smuggler ShanOffirin

Chapter 3

Anakin watched tensely as Padme began to give birth. She was in the Temple’s medical facilities, under the care of Barriss Offee, Luminara Unduli, and the finest medical droids on Coruscant.

“You must be proud,” Obi-Wan said.

Anakin nodded. “And nervous.”

He watched for hours. Finally, the baby was born. It was a boy. Anakin ran in and embraced Padme.

“Luke,” Padme said.

“I love it,” Anakin replied.

Suddenly, Padme screamed.

“Please, Master Skywalker,” said Barriss. “She is having twins. You must wait outside.”

Anakin’s eyes widened, but he left anyway. Soon after, the other twin was born.

“Leia,” Padme said.

Anakin nodded numbly as he looked down at his babies. His children. He sensed they would be strong in the Force. He let Obi-Wan take them and then collapsed into one of the waiting room chairs and wept.

Anakin watched as Padme returned to her apartment for the night, with the twins. He had told her that he would be there the next night. But for tonight, he had to stay here, at the Temple.

“When they are two years old,” Obi-Wan said from behind him, “we can keep them here at the Temple. You can train one.”

“I want you to be Leia’s Master,” Anakin said.

“Me?”

“Hey,” Anakin said, “I turned out fine. I’m sure you’ll do a good job with my daughter.”

Obi-Wan smiled. “Good night, Anakin.”

Good night, indeed.

7. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    Barriss Offee!!!!!

Still pains me what happened to her (supposedly, my money is imposter replacement owing to Luminara's absence from the arc) but glad to see her make a cameo :)

8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Because I am writing my own fanfic about Palpatine´s rise to power, unlimited power, I was curious how you would handle it.

I am glad I read your fic.

I am proud that you posted it.

Now I want Bail Prestor Organa as Supreme Chancellor, too.

And I want the ban on marriage dissolved for jedi knights!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Force Smuggler ShanOffirin AzureAngel2

Chapter 4

19 years later

Anakin’s lightsaber whizzed through the air as he trained his son, Luke, in the art of Form V, Djem So. It was the style Anakin was most proficient with, and his son was making progress in that art, as well.

“Keep your blade behind you, in a forty-five degree angle,” he said. “Swing carefully, but forcefully.”

“Yes, Master,” Luke replied.

Anakin smiled, twirled, and blocked a blow from Luke’s saber. Five standard years ago, on Luke’s fourteenth birthday, Anakin had taken him to Ilum, where his son had built the green-bladed weapon.

Now, it was Luke’s nineteenth birthday. Hard to believe that on the year he and his sister, Leia, had been born, Anakin had killed the Sith Lord Darth Sidious, bringing peace to the galaxy.

“Good move,” Anakin breathed.

Luke had nearly cut Anakin’s mechanical right arm. Anakin chided himself for being distracted. He deactivated his lightsaber and saluted to Luke. His son returned the gesture.

“Good job, son,” he said. “Hard to believe that when I was your age, I lost my hand to Count Dooku.”

“You know, dad,” said Luke, “you could have synthflesh put on your prosthetic.”

“I know,” Anakin replied. “But I like it like this, to remind me that no one’s perfect, least of all me.”

As they walked from the training room, they watched other Jedi and apprentices pass through the halls, conversing quietly. Anakin put his hands on his hips.

After killing Palpatine, he had changed his wardrobe. Instead of his dark robes, he now wore robes that most Jedi did, but in pure white. His son, Luke, was dressed in a similar fashion.

But there was Obi-Wan, with Luke’s sister, Leia, who chose to wear robes modeled after Madame Jocasta Nu, the librarian. Leia was helping Madame Nu in the Archives whenever Obi-Wan let her.

“Hi, dad,” Leia called. “Hey, bro.”

“Sis,” Luke replied.

Anakin smiled at Obi-Wan as they passed by. To think, he and Obi-Wan had once been at odds over many things. That had been when Anakin was only a Padawan, as Luke was now. But with he and Obi-Wan both Masters on the Council, they agreed on almost everything.

Suddenly, Anakin watched young Jedi Knight Zett Jukassa run by at top speed, which was considerable for a Jedi.

“Zett!” he called. “What’s up?”

“Master Skywalker,” breathed Jukassa. “You’ve got to see this. Quickly!”

“What is it?”

“Madame Nu discovered an asteroid in the Outer Rim.”

“So?”

“It appeared from outside the galaxy.”

Mace Windu watched as his Padawan Galen Marek levitated his lightsaber in front of his face. The son of two Jedi Knights, Marek showed extreme skill in the Force, and his father Kento had made the decision that only Mace would be able to handle Galen’s skills.

“Yes,” Mace said. “Feel the Force flow.”

Perhaps a year older than Skywalker’s children, Marek showed unparalleled skill in using the lightsaber form Shien. Even other Shien practitioners were baffled by Marek’s adeptness.

“I feel…great darkness,” Marek said. “I sense a blight in the Force.”

“Centered around what?” Mace asked.

“The Outer Rim,” Marek replied. His eyes snapped open. “I think we need to talk to Madame Nu.”

Anakin watched impassively as the asteroid floated toward the ice planet Helska 4. It was quite oddly shaped, even for an asteroid, and he was immediately suspicious.

“That’s strange,” Luke said.

“What?” Leia asked.

Obi-Wan and Leia, along with Master Windu and young Marek, had joined them in the library just before Madame Nu displayed her finding. Evidently, Zett had also found Obi-Wan, though Mace claimed that Galen had felt the disturbance on his own.

“It’s floating…like a starship,” Luke said. “A normal asteroid would be tumbling. This one’s flying straight.”

“You’re right,” Obi-Wan concurred. “This is disturbing.”

“We need to send a team to Helska 4,” Mace said.

“But we can’t just send Jedi,” Obi-Wan replied. “Maybe if we send a few scientists under Jedi protection.”

“Agreed,” Anakin replied. “But shouldn’t we take it to a vote?”

“No time,” Mace replied. “We need to hurry.”

Anakin nodded. “I’ll assemble a team.”

The Force guided Anakin, and he chose Bant Eerin, Kit Fisto, Nejaa Halcyon, and A’Sharad Hett. With Master Fisto, the team would have a Council member, and Nejaa Halcyon had earned Anakin’s trust at the Battle of Praesitlyn. A’Sharad and Bant were two very talented Knights.

“You will go with the scientists to the Outer Rim,” he said. “Be wary. I sense that this asteroid, or whatever it is, will have great effects on the galaxy.”

“We won’t fail,” Master Fisto said.

Anakin nodded and watched as they departed for their Eta-2 Actis-class starfighters. As the four fighters took off, Anakin used the Force to try to sense the outcome of this situation.

He was disturbed to feel nothing at all.

10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Starting out similar to VP. And bringing in EU PT Jedi. Good. Very good.

11. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    And the Yuuzhan Vong invasion kicks off 25 years early!

Hope the Republic works better than the New Republic did in stopping the crisis :)

12. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

Chapter 5

A’Sharad Hett leaned back in his fighter’s seat as he jumped to hyperspace. The scientists’ shuttle was to meet them at Helska, so he had a while to meditate.

Absently, he twirled his father’s lightsaber. He had been getting a feeling of darkness since hearing of the strange asteroid, and he was beginning to worry.

What was this thing?

Pushing these thoughts from his mind, he meditated. He didn’t realize he had drifted to sleep until he awoke to his R5-B2 unit’s beeping.

“Yeah, Bee-Too?”

Tweet.

“We’re there?”

A’Sharad sat up as the ship exited from hyperspace. His jaw dropped as he saw not one, but three of the asteroid-like things, and several dozen smaller ones.

“What are they?” one scientist said.

“I don’t know,” Master Fisto replied.

Suddenly, the smaller ones started flying toward them. He was suddenly aware that the rock-like things were starfighters. He took his interceptor into evasive maneuvers and blasted one of the rock-ships.

Even though he didn’t see any signs of shields, the bolts were harmlessly absorbed. Suddenly, volcano-like protrusions fired at him, and plasma washed over his shields. His starfighter rocked, and he rolled his fighter, blasting the rock-fighters.

“What are these?” Bant cried.

A’Sharad tried to locate the female Mon Calamari, but there were too many rock-ships. He managed to locate the scientist ship, but defenseless, it was quickly destroyed.

“Master Fisto!” A’Sharad cried. “Bant! Nejaa! Jump back!”

The three starfighters made it to hyperspace. But suddenly A’Sharad was grabbed by some kind of tractor beam and dragged toward one of the asteroids.

Kit Fisto breathed in shock as his starfighter exited hyperspace. What were those things? Like asteroids, they had appeared to be made of rock, but they shot plasma like a volcano.

Organic starfighters?

“Master Fisto!” It was Bant.

“What’s wrong?” he replied.

“I’m being attacked by some kind of giant insect!” she cried. “I am going to try to land on a nearby planet, because it’s ripping my cockpit canopy off!”

“Send your coordinates, Bant!”

“Yes, Master.”

As Kit got the coordinates, he glanced off his starboard bow and saw Halcyon’s starfighter sitting there.

“Nejaa,” he said.

“Here,” Halcyon replied.

“Get to Coruscant. Warn the Jedi!”

“Yes, Master Fisto.”

As Halcyon’s fighter jumped away, Kit turned his starfighter toward Bant’s signal. Quickly, he followed it to an emerald planet. He recognized it immediately.

Kashyyyk.

Anakin watched as Master Halcyon’s starfighter lowered to the Temple hangar. He ran to the fighter, alarmed.

“Where are the others?” he asked.

“We were attacked,” Halcyon said. “There were…organic ships that looked like asteroids. They seemed to be made of coral. They fired plasma balls. Jedi Hett told us to return here, and he remained behind. When we left hyperspace, giant bugs attacked Bant. Master Fisto went after her and told me to return here. The scientists were killed.”

Anakin’s eyes widened as Halcyon told the story. He grabbed the man’s arm and dragged him along.

“We have to warn the Chancellor!” he said.

Luke stood behind Anakin, a wall of calm, as Halcyon explained the whole situation to Chancellor Meena Tills. A Mon Calamari, Tills was a calm, resolute man. In the room with him stood Masters Windu, Yoda, Kota, and Tiin, as well as Senators Garm Bel-Iblis, Mon Mothma, and Luke’s mother, Padme Amidala Skywalker.

“So,” Tills said, “this organic fleet…came from outside the galaxy?”

“That is correct,” Master Windu said. “Madame Nu detected a single asteroid coming from outside the galaxy, headed for Helska 4. We sent the Jedi to investigate, and found this massing fleet.”

“Disturbing,” Tills said.

“What are we going to do about it?” asked Kota.

“For now,” Tills replied, “nothing. Let them make the first move. However, I will take precautions.”

He reached under his desk and pulled out a comlink. Anakin’s face clouded, Mace frowned, and Kota scowled. Padme’s face was full of dread.

“What is that?” Luke whispered.

“An emergency signal,” Anakin replied. “With it, Chancellor Tills can call back the clone troopers and reform the Grand Army.”

Luke realized why his mother seemed so fearful. Another war was about to start.

13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Wonder if we will see Mace's vision from Shatterpoint come true this time and if Thrawn will appear?
    The clones? Oh boy.

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Typing with my tiny mobile phone. Internet is down again since days.

Your Vong invasion happens about 20 years earlier. Different allies team up against them like Hett, yeah!

And once more we have a twin couple... wonder how Luke & Leia will stand up against the Vong.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

Chapter 6

Three weeks later, it happened. The aliens from outside the galaxy struck the planet Orto Plutonia, decimating the Talz inhabitants and taking the remaining Talz as slaves. Plutonia’s moon, Pantora, was also attacked, and the Pantorans enslaved.

Chancellor Tills recalled the clones, and though some did not return, it was through the power of their own will. Non-clone recruits and former CSF and Senate Guards filled the holes.

New Star Destroyers and starfighters were purchased, replacing the aged Venators and V-19s. The fleet massed around Coruscant, and hours later, a fleet composed of five Star Destroyers, fifteen frigates, and no less than seven hundred starfighters set out for the remote world of Helska 4.

A’Sharad Hett spit blood in the face of his captor. The alien, a tall, biped with a sloping forehead and not much of a nose, had beaten him for hours on end. It seemed impressed by his act of defiance, though.

“You won’t get away with this!” A’Sharad said in a voice that cracked from lack of use in the past weeks. “The Republic will–”

The warrior rumbled something in a garbled language, and the Jedi knew that he was being told, less than politely, to shut up. He sighed and lowered his head.

He had discovered something over his weeks of captivity. The aliens seemed to be outside the Force, somehow. He could not sense them or their ships or weapons.

Suddenly, he felt himself being released from the torture device that he was hooked to. Dropping to the ground, he looked up to see one of the alien beings standing above him, grinning an evil grin.

The alien put a worm in his ear.

“Greetings,” the alien said. “I am Prefect Da’Gara.”

“I…am Jedi Knight A’Sharad Hett,” he replied. “You have no right to hold me here.”

“Jeedai?” Da’Gara replied. “What is this Jeedai?”

“A peacekeeper,” replied A’Sharad.

“Warrior?”

“No.”

Da’Gara frowned, turned, and motioned to one of his men. The alien brought him a green, jelly-like creature. Da’Gara reached into the creature and withdrew two items.

“Then explain these!” he said.

He ignited A’Sharad’s twin lightsabers.

“Explain!” Da’Gara shoved the lightsaber toward A’Sharad. “They appear to be weapons! But they are machine! Abominable!”

“They are weapons,” A’Sharad replied. “But also tools. We fight only when all else fails.”

“Pah!” Da’Gara snarled. “Weakling. Put him in with the other slaves. This Jeedai shall learn what pain is.”

Luke felt excited as he hopped into the cockpit of the Eta-2 fighter that had once belonged to his father. Anakin had given him the ship when he took one of the new X-Wing fighters.

Across the hangar, Leia was talking in hushed tones with a man that appeared several years older than her. By his uniform, Luke saw that he was a Republic trooper, one of the non-clones.

His protective older-brother instincts tried to kick in, but his astromech droid, R5-B3, shut the canopy before he could go over to his sister’s side.

“Great,” he muttered.

Kit Fisto and Bant returned to the hangar of the Star Destroyer just before the last hyperspace jump to Helska. They had managed to kill the insect on Bant’s ship, but it had destroyed her canopy, so they had been forced to wait on Kashyyyk while the Wookiees found her another starfighter.

While there, they had made a most interesting discovery. A clone trooper, seemingly without the anti-aging implants, had been lost in the jungle for the past nineteen years.

He had agreed to return with them.

In the Star Destroyer’s medical bay, the trooper, who called himself Sev, received the implants. Three other commandos met him, giving him hugs and pats on the back.

“Good to see you, Sev,” one said.

“Likewise, Scorch,” Sev replied. “I was beginning to get tired of trees.”

Kit grinned and left the medical bay. Not only had many clones returned, so had several former Cuy’val Dar members. So far, Kit had seen Rav Bralor, Kal Skirata, Mij Gilamar, and Walon Vau.

“Alert!” blared the intercom. “We are preparing to emerge in the Helska system! All hands to your ships!”

Kit took off for the hangar at top speed.

Anakin Skywalker hopped into the cockpit of his X-Wing fighter. As he prepared, he saw Leia wave goodbye to a much older man, and he felt his fatherly instincts go into overdrive, but he ignored it.

The man ran to a Y-Wing, hopped in, and primed his engines. Around the hangar, clones and non-clones alike scrambled into fighters. Anakin even saw a Wookiee climb into a fighter–the same Y-Wing as the man who had been talking to Leia.

“This is Lieutenant Solo,” the man said. “Ready for takeoff.”

“All wings, ready,” said Anakin.

“Gold Squadron, ready,” said a clone.

“Bogey Squadron, at the ready,” said another clone, Odd Ball.

“Red Squadron, good to go,” a man named Garven said.

“Green Squadron, engines primed,” said Luke.

“Blue Squadron, lit and ready,” said Solo.

“Shadow Squadron ready,” Anakin said.

“All squadrons launch!” Obi-Wan said from the bridge.

Anakin’s X-Wing left the hangar of the Star Destroyer, and he looped around once to get his squadron into the front. He wanted to be in before his son.

He watched as starfighters poured from the other Destroyers. He identified the ships of Silver Squadron, under Nejaa Halcyon, Orange Squadron, under Plo Koon, and Black Squadron, under the clone trooper Jag.

“Lock S-foils in attack position,” Anakin said.

“Here we go,” said Zett Jukassa, Anakin’s wingman.

Obi-Wan and Leia watched from the bridge as the starfighters launched into battle. The organic ships, not expecting the fleet, took a few moments to react, during which Shadow Squadron took down at least a dozen of the coral-based ships.

“Turbolasers,” Obi-Wan said, “concentrate fire on the biggest enemy vessel.”

As the turbolasers opened fire, Obi-Wan reached out with the Force and noted two things. First, he could not detect the enemy through the Force. Second, A’Sharad Hett was alive, and down on Helska’s surface.

“Get me the commander of the ground troops,” he said.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Oh, dear! They have Hett. I hope he will be freed before he will get extremely hurt. Or turn evil...

Revanfan1 likes this.