main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond the Saga Lost Stars: Ultimate Sacrifice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Thane_Kyrell, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Thane_Kyrell

Thane_Kyrell Jedi Knight star 1

May 16, 2016
    Characters: Thane Kyrell, Ciena Kyrell, Paron Oris Kyrell, Jude Edivon Kyrell Antilles, Leia Organa, Poe Dameron, Temmin “Snap” Wexley, Kylo Ren, Supreme Leader Snoke, General Hux, GA Thrawn, Captain Phasma, Rey, Finn, C-3PO, R2-D2, BB-8, Wedge Antilles, Kendy Idelle Antilles, Yoda and Luke Skywalker, and Chewbacca.

Rating: PG-13

Description: The final Chapter of the Lost Stars trilogy.

Lost Stars: Ultimate Sacrifice

It is a time of Turmoil. The Republic government has been destroyed by Starkiller Base and the First Order is on the Advance. The struggling Resistance Led by Admiral Ciena Ree is fighting to keep the fragmented Republic together. Under the leadership of Supreme Chancellor Leia Organa, the Republic is beginning to Rebuild while facing criticism and opposition due to her family lineage. Luke Skywalker and his new powerful new Padawan Rey are struggling to rebuild the Jedi Order to aid the Republic in maintaining Peace and Justice in the Galaxy. Supreme Leader Snoke has ordered a full scale invasion of remaining Republic Territory. The Resistance and the Republic must work together to restore peace and justice to the galaxy…

Five Days after the destruction of Starkiller Base – Resistance Command – D’Qar

Ciena gathers with the other Resistance and Republic leaders on D’Qar. They are in attendance for the funeral for the famous War Hero General Han Solo.

“I knew Han when he first came to the Rebellion,” said Wedge. “It was on Yavin IV. We were going to attack the first Death Star and he was on his way out with his reward for rescuing Leia. We thought he was gone then all of a sudden he appeared and cleared the trench for Luke when I got hit. He was a superb pilot and a great human being. I will miss him.”

Leia then stepped forward, “I guess I should say something. When I first met Han I thought he was a real jerk and for a while I just tolerated him. However, I came to realize I loved him. On Endor I found out my lineage from my brother Luke. I then told Han the next day. He didn’t care. He loved me regardless. When Ben came into the picture I thought it would make Han settle down but when I sent Ben to train with Luke I didn’t anticipate it would tear us apart with Han going to the Five Sabers and coaching the Junior Sabers. Ben’s fall was the final straw that tore us apart. I never got the chance to tell Han that regardless of it all, I still loved him and I hated living without him.”

Luke was the next to speak, “Han was my best friend. Things didn’t start out like that. But after Yavin we became the best of friends. I wouldn’t have wanted to have anyone else as my friend other than Han Solo. I trained his son the best I could and I know now that nothing that I did contributed to his fall. He was manipulated by the Snoke. I went into exile after I lost my students and never got to see Han in his final days. A decision I regret but now I am back and will see this through to the end.”

One by one each member in attendance spoke. Each sharing their memories of Han.

When it came time for the burial rites, since there was no body to bury, the ceremony concluded with the erecting of the monument.

Everyone cleared out of the area leaving only Chewbacca left in attendance at the monument site.

Chewie looked visibly distraught. He had lost his best friend. Someone who had saved his life and he swore to protect even if it meant giving his life to do so.

He felt he had failed. As a wookiee who are an honor bound species failure meant expulsion from society. He would never be able to return to his family or to his planet which he had worked with Han to liberate from Imperial Control and slavery.

Chewie begins to mourn and speak in his wookiee tounge.

“I miss him too Chewie,” Leia said as she came back towards the monument site.

She walked over to him and they embraced. For the first time since Han’s death they cried.

Luke watched as Chewie and Leia shared their loss. He wanted to comfort them as well, but he decided against it.

Luke thought back to that day on Ahch-To when Rey found him.

Luke stared at the young woman in front of him who was wordlessly handing him his old lightsaber which had once belonged to his father.

“Hello Rey,” Luke said.

“How? How do you know my name?”

“I know a lot of things about you Rey.”

“How?”

Before Luke could tell her a Force Ghost of Jedi Master Yoda appeared.

Rey was scared at first but then calmed down as he began to talk to her, “Know you, we do. Through the Force we have learned. Many things you will learn.”

“Rey,” Luke said to her as he approached and lowered her arm holding the lightsaber. “You are not a just a Force Sensitive. You are the Chosen One.”

“What do you mean I am the Chosen One? What is the Chosen One?”

Luke and Yoda looked at each other and Yoda said, “A very powerful force user the Chosen One is. Bring balance to the Force they will. Thought returned he had. Deceived were we.”

Rey looked at Luke, “What does he mean?”

“To understand that Rey,” Luke said, “we need to start from the beginning of the story of the Chosen One. The story that dates back to the origin of the Force.”

Luke began walking and Rey and Yoda followed.

“Many years ago, there were two children, a boy and a girl, were exploring the galaxy with their parents. They came upon a planet with a tree. The Children were drawn to the tree. They could interact with it and it showed them things. One day the boy and the girl got into an argument and he killed the girl. He touched the tree and was transformed by it. Killing his parents, he left the planet. This Boy became the first Sith Lord. The girl, however, was not dead. The tree had transformed her. It brought her back and she went on to found the Jedi Order. She trained the first Jedi and they built this temple. Before her death she told her followers she would return one day. She would be either a boy or a girl. She said the Jedi Order should train this child and that this person had the power to bring the Force back into balance.”

Luke stopped walking and looked at Yoda. Yoda nodded and Luke continued, “The Jedi Order thought they had found the Chosen One in the person of Anakin Skywalker. They thought he was a Child of the Force, but they were deceived.”

Luke again began walking, “He was a Child of the Force but he was not created by the Force. He was created by the experiments of a powerful Sith Lord know as Darth Plagueis. He was able to manipulate the Midichlorians to create life. During these experiments he created Anakin as a vessel of the Darkside. The perfect infiltrator. He was trained as a Jedi and under the manipulation of Palpatine, fell to the dark side. He and the Clone Army killed all but two of the Jedi. Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi managed to survive. The thing is The Legend says that the Chosen One would be most powerful when they would be surrounded by trees. It says that when the boy killed the girl part of her was absorbed by the tree and still lives in all the trees today.”

Luke stopped by a large tree standing in what was once the center of the Temple.

Rey immediately felt a sudden rush of power through her. She had not felt such power since her fight with Kylo Ren on Starkiller Base.

Luke again spoke to her, “You have a decision to make Rey, but you only have until the sun rises tomorrow to tell me your decision.”

“What is the decision?”

“The decision is if you want to train as a Jedi. You were actually enroute to train as a Jedi when something went wrong and you had to be dropped off on Jakku.”

Luke put his hand on Rey and she saw a vision of her as a child in a ship. She saw her parents, and another person, possibly a pilot for the ship.

Then the vision went blurry and she couldn’t see what happened.

The next thing she sees is the vision she had back at Maz Kanata’s Castle on Takadona.

She saw a girl standing in the desert being pulled by the arm by Unkhar Platt while a ship descended from the planet.

The vision then ended.

“What happened to my parents?” Rey asked.

“Uncertain it is. Will not let us see, is the Force,” Yoda said.

“Do you feel anything Rey?”

“I feel a tremendous surge of power.”

“You are truly the Chosen One,” Luke said.

“You are the one we have waited for. The one who will bring the Force into balance and destroy the darkside forever.”

As Luke talked, he noticed some cloaked figures approaching. Seven in Total. The leader in the front was foreboding. It was Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren.

Luke was snapped back to reality when Leia approached him and brought him back.

“Luke, those were some great words you said about Han. I really appreciate it.”

“Everything I said was true Leia,” he said.

“I know but it was still just so nice. I wish you had been here. Maybe you could have helped Han.”

“Leia. Han’s death was the will of the Force. I cannot control that.”

Luke and Leia stopped talking as Thane approached.

“I’m sorry to Interrupt. I have made contact with other Resistance Outposts as well as remnants of the Republic. I am happy to say they support us.”

“Excellent Admiral. Any news from your wife on the status of the Fleet?”

“Nothing yet but if I know Ciena, and I do very well, she won’t fail. She never has.”

“Excellent work Admiral. I will join you all shortly in the Command Center.”

Thane saluted, “Yes Chancellor,” he said as he held the salute waiting for Leia to return.

“Thane, I have lots of political opposition. I don’t know how I could possibly be able to hold that office. No one voted for me. Right now I am just trying to keep the Resistance together. But we do need a political leader.”

“Leia,” Thane said dropping his salute. “Those who are supporting us know of your lineage. They don’t care. They know that you fought against your father and what happened before his death. They know that he was turned back to the light by Master Skywalker. They trust you as a leader. They need you as a leader. The Republic needs you as a leader.”

“Someone needs to run the Resistance.”

“You can decide that but the Republic needs a strong leader not the same squabbling which led to this whole problem.”

“You’re right Thane. I will go and make the announcement soon but I am leaving the command of the Resistance with you and Ciena. I trust you and I know you will be excellent.”

“Leia there are others who can do it.”

“But none that have the experience that you and Ciena do. The Resistance needs you just like the Republic needs me.”

“I will help you Leia. But I know Ciena will want to fly. She might not be up to it.”

The three of them begin walking towards the Resistance Command Center. As they do they hear the warning tones for an incoming urgent message.

“Ciena,” Thane says.

Dominik Grah likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb stuff with the Chosen One - very very likely/plausible. Excellent and poignant words of tribute from friends and family. @};-

3. Thane_Kyrell

May 16, 2016
    Chapter 2

Rey sat alone near the memorial to Han. She began to think back to when she first met him.

He offered me a job, and I didn’t take it. What if I had? Would things be different now? She thought to herself.

She shook her head, No. It was the will of the force. It was his destiny. There was nothing any of us could have done.

She looked at herself again. Wearing homespun clothing and a long brown robe.

He hair was braided and hung down over her shoulder while the rest was brought up into a bun in the back.

She thought back to how she got here. Back to that day on Anch-To.

As the Knights of Ren advanced on the two living beings and the Force Ghost, Yoda said to them, “Run!”

Luke and Rey ran to one of the nearby buildings to attempt to hide.

“A lot of good this did us,” said Luke. “We might not have a choice but to fight them.”

At that moment someone entered the small stone building. It was Kylo Ren.

“You! How did you get here?” Rey yelled.

“I guess Han Solo never found the tracking device the Imperials placed on the Falcon years ago. We just reactivated the signal.”

At this moment Rey was boiling, “DO NOT say his name! You murdered him.”

She lunged forward but was stopped by Luke who pulled her back.

“Rey this isn’t the way to handle this.”

Rey ignited the lightsaber, “You’re right. This is.”

Luke Skywalker shut his eyes and immediately knelt down and fell into a trance.

Almost immediately afterwards there was a giant ground quake and the building they were sitting in got torn apart.

Luke then opened his eyes and looked directly at his former apprentice. The one who betrayed him.

“If you are as powerful as you say then take me yourself. Just you. No one else.”

“Uncle, do you really think you can beat me?”

“Let use see.” Luke ignited his lightsaber and Kylo Ren charged at him.

Luke was able to avoid Kylo Ren and the two engaged in a lightsaber battle of masters.

Rey ignited her saber and went after one of the other Knights of Ren.

He didn’t last long against her.

The others saw her and made their charge. She pushed two of them over the side of the cliff face before engaging the last two.

The first went down easy. The second one put up a fight which finished several minutes later.

Rey was amazed. She didn’t have any training with the weapon but her skill with it was unparalleled.

She looked around and saw Luke still in his duel with Kylo Ren.

She ran to them and joined in the fight. Luke, while fighting with her could not imagine how this young girl, who had not even pick up a lightsaber until Takodana, was able to wield it with such proficiency.

Rey brought her saber up and with a slash hit Kylo Ren in the arm. Not enough to take it off but enough that he got the point.

While he was distracted she slashed her saber at his knocking it out of his hand and off the cliff.

In a panic Kylo Ren retreated back to the transport and left the planet. Rey and Luke watched the ship lift off the planet and disappear into space.

Rey then came back to the present when she heard someone approach. She turned to see Thane Kyrell approaching her.

She did not know him but she could see by his uniform that he was an Admiral in the Resistance.

“Did you know Han?” He asked her.

“Not very well. I met him when I left Jakku,” she said with a sad tone in her voice.

“You are from Jakku?”

“Yes. I was left there as a child. When I left it was a great advanture. I never expected this to happen.”

“What becoming a Jedi?”

“Yes. It is all very new to me.”

“Did you know him?”

Thane smiled, “Yes. I served with him in the Rebel Alliance during the War. I fought at the Battle of Endor. He was a General and the Commander of the strike team which took out the shield generator that allowed us to destroy the second Death Star. He was a great man. He was a hero.”

“I only knew him for a short time,” she said. “But during that time he felt like a father to me.”

“I know what you mean. I underestimated him when I first learned that he and one of the other Generals would be leading our assault. But I was proven wrong. The Force works in mysterious ways.”

“You have it you know,” she said.

“Have what?”

“The same power I do. Jedi powers.”

“I do not.”

“Yes you do. I can feel it inside you. You just don’t know it.”

“She’s right Thane,” Luke Skywalker said as he approached the pair.

“What do you mean Luke. How can I possibly have those powers? I’m just an ordinary person.”

“I have sensed it in both you and Ciena. You both are strong in the Force. I have known it for a while. Do you know why you are such a good pilot Thane?”

“Because I have been flying since I was eight years old?”

“No. Because you have the ability to see things before they happen. It gives you faster reflexes and makes you an even better pilot.”

“Why didn’t you ever say anything before now?”

“Because I could tell by talking to you that you didn’t want anything to do with the Jedi or with the Force. So I left it alone. I didn’t want to force you into something you didn’t want to do. You had to make a choice and you did.”

“Does Ciena know?”

“No. I never told her. But I think she might have a clue about it.”

Thane looked at Luke in silence for a brief period before saying, “Did you want me to train as a Jedi all those years ago when we first met?”

“Yes. But like I said it had to be your choice.”

“If I had become a Jedi I might not be here right now,” Thane said.

“That’s true,” Luke said. “Which is why I mediated on it. The Force didn’t have that in the cards for you. Your destiny went along a different path. It was your destiny. Just like it was Han’s destiny to try to bring Ben back to the light and get killed in the process. The choices we make affect our Destiny but ultimately the Force has the final say.”

“Same like what you did? On Death Star II.”

“Yes I made a choice. I rejected the darkside totally. That was my destiny. It always was, but it was the Force that guided me to that choice so ultimately it was the Force’s Will and my Destiny.”

It was at this time that Thane’s personal holocomm rang, “Excuse me. I must take this.”

Thane walks a distance away from the pair and Luke begins talking to Rey.

“Master. Who were those people that were in my vision? I know they were my parents but I would like to know who they are.”

“I do know who they are. Come with me padawan this is a story which must be told to you.”

4. Thane_Kyrell

May 16, 2016
    Chapter 3
    Luke walked with Rey as he spoke, “After the battle of Endor I went on a mission with a Rebel Alliance Lieutenant Shara Bey to get back fragments of a Force Sensitive tree which was once in the courtyard of the Jedi Temple which was destroyed by Palpatine after the destruction of the Jedi Order. Two fragments survived and Palpatine had them put in a secret Imperial Facility. We recovered the pieces and as a token of Thanks I gave Shara Bey one of the fragments which she then planted on the Planet of Yavin IV. Shara and her husband Kes Dameron had a son before the Battle of Endor, his name is – “
    “Poe,” Rey said.
    “Yes. Poe Dameron. Later on the Dameron’s had another child. A child who was conceived under the Force Sensitive tree on Yavin IV. That child is you Rey.”
    “You mean I am Poe Dameron’s sister?”
    “Yes.”
    “Does he know?”
    “No. He didn’t know about you. You were on your way with your parents to come to train with me when something happened and you were dropped on Jakku.”
    “Do you know what happened Master?” Rey asked.
    “No I don’t. It is something I am still trying to figure out.”
    “Do you think maybe Poe will know?”
    “He might, but we have to go about this in a subtle way. He doesn’t know about you and it might be a shock to him.”
    “Yes, Master,” Rey said as the pair continued to walk towards the Command Center to join the others.”

The Chimaera hung in Deep Space as other vessels from the First Order fleet arrive.
    The Leadership sat around the conference table. Seated at the end was the holographic image of Supreme Leader Snoke.
    Seated from left to right is Kylo Ren, General Hux, Director of Intelligence Ved Foslo, Admiral Thrawn, and Captain Phasma.
    “How could this happen?” Snoke asked looking at Kylo Ren. “You are supposed to be a Master of the Knights of Ren. But since the Knights of Ren are dead, I don’t know what you are now.”
    “The girl is more powerful that we realize. In fact, I think she is the Chosen One.”
    “Anakin Skywalker was the Chosen One,” Snoke came back.
    “I have read the prophecy. I think the Jedi believed that but I don’t think he was. My Grandfather was a powerful Sith Lord but the Chosen One is immune to the darkside. So it cannot be him.”
    “You might be on to something here Kylo. General Hux, how were these fighters able to escape from our defenses? You deployed seekers as well as fighters correct?”
    “Yes Supreme Leader.”
    “You knew that that could get our pilots killed in the process correct?”
    “Yes Supreme Leader.”
    “Pilots are expensive to train General. We cannot afford to lose them, which is why we equipped the fighters with deflector shields. An order like that is not to be given again without my express consent is that clear?”
    “Yes Supreme Leader.”
    “Is there anything you would like to add?”
    “Yes Supreme Leader. I was just informed before this meeting that Director Foslo has some intelligence on the movements of the Resistance.”
    “Director,” Snoke said. “Please tell us what you know.”
    “Yes Supreme Leader. We have intelligence that the Resistance has made contact with remnants of the Republic. They are gathering forces and massing in Deep Space. However, they have abandoned their bases to amass these ships. This makes many Republic worlds vulnerable to invasion and conquest.”
    “Very good Director, however I must disagree with you. If we take planets it will spread our forces thin. We need every soldier and pilot we can spare to concentrate on crushing the Resistance and the Republic once and for all.”
    “Supreme Leader we have also gained intelligence on the leaders of the Resistance. Leia Organa has assumed the role of Chancellor for the Republic. There are others who have as well but none of them seem to have the backing that she does. They don’t have the political clout to bring things together like she does. I think she will come out victorious if we don’t crush the Resistance once and for all.”
    “I agree Director. Please proceed.”
    “The military commanders she has selected I know well. Two of them were my classmates in the Royal Imperial Academy on Coruscant. They were almost the top of the class, that is until they were knocked back by the Academy because they were both from the same planet. The Starfighter Corps commander is named Thane Kyrell. He is a tremendously good pilot. He is a veteran of the Galactic Civil War and was in the Rebel Alliance. He was also Republic Starfighter Corps commander before he was forced to resign due to falsifying paperwork to give the Resistance some X-wings.”
    “Excellent Director. What about their Naval Commander?”
    “Their navy is commanded by a Ciena Kyrell. She is also an excellent pilot. She was Captain of the Inflictor at the Battle of Jakku. She was presumed dead until our first skirmish with Republic Forces. But we think she is only a temporary commander. There is also Gial Ackbar who is also an Admiral with the Resistance and he was on Republic High Command until he retired. We will let you know of any developments.”
    “Thank you Director. Admiral? Captain do you have input you want to give?”
    Thrawn spoke up, “We need to gather our forces so we can quickly do a surprise strike against the Resistance. They are still on their base in the Ileenium System. If we head, there now we can do an orbital bombardment and turn the entire planet’s surface into slag.”
    “That is a good idea Admiral, but even if we take out their headquarters they still have a fleet and Starfighters. Those need to be taken out first before we perform any direct attack on Resistance Command,” Snoke said.
    “So we meet them in battle. But while we have the advantage we should make them come to us. Less chance they will know what to expect. They have no idea of the size of our fleet. But I am afraid that without the Ravager or another Super Star Destroyer we might not have much of a chance. The Republic has several super capitals which we would be no match for.”
    “We will have to make due. You are the strategical genius Admiral. Come up with an attack plan.”
    “Yes Supreme Leader. I will do so right away.”
    “Captain, anything to add?”
    “My Stormtroopers are always ready to fight sir.”
    “Yeah we have seen what your troopers are capable of,” said Kylo Ren.
    “I take offense to that Ren. You have no idea what we go through!”
    “Your troopers are supposed to be programmed from birth and resistance is impossible. But yet one did.”
    “Everyone be quiet!” The Supreme Leaders voice boomed above the arguments in the room. The room went suddenly silent, no one daring to speak.
    They could tell the Supreme Leader was angry.
    “Stop acting like children! This is why the Resistance was able to best us at Starkiller Base. All this bickering must end. General Hux, Kylo Ren is my apprentice and my right hand. He outranks you so you will respect him. Do you understand?”
    “Yes Supreme Leader.”
    “Kylo Ren. While you outrank General Hux you will respect his rank and while you are on board the Finalizer you will obey him.”
    “Yes Master.”
    “Leave. All of you now.”
    The conference room clears out and each goes their own way. Snoke’s hologram then disappeared from the table.

The bridge of the Defiance was a bustle with activity as Ciena was attempting to coordinate with all the Republic ships still remaining.
    “Admiral, we have three Republic ships enroute to our location. We are attempting contact with more.”
    “Lieutenant, what ships are coming?” Ciena asked.
    “Admiral, they are the Deliverance, The Independence, and The Liberator.
    “Connect me to Resistance Command Lieutenant.”
    “Yes ma’am. Right away.” The lieutenant rapidly hit a series of buttons. “Connection established Ma’am.”
    “Thank you Lieutenant,” Ciena turned to the holocam and began to transmit her message. “We have established contact with three Republic ships. They are The Liberator, The Independence, and The Deliverance. We are attempting more ships and we will notify when we have contacted all of them and when they arrive.”
    Ciena then pushes the button and deactivates the camera. As she looks out the windows of the bridge she sees the first ship emerge from Hyperspace.

5. Thane_Kyrell

May 16, 2016
    Chapter 4

Another ship emerged from hyperspace.

Ciean turned to the officer next to her, “Captain, do you think you can handle this? I need to head to Coruscant to ready it for the seat of government.”

“I think I can handle this ma’am. We can always stay in contact with you if you would like.”

“That sounds good Captain,” she turns and walks off the bridge and heads to the hanger deck where she boards a shuttle.

When the shuttle was clear of the ship Ciena gave the order, “set course for Coruscant.”

The ship then entered hyperspace heading to Coruscant.

“Dad, can I come in?” Jude asks as she comes upon Thane in his quarters at the Resistance Headquarters.

Thane turns from his work to look at his daughter, “Of course. Please come, sit.”

Jude walked over, hugged him, then sat down, “Dad I am so sorry to hear about Thane. I had been stationed out in the wastelands for too long and right before you came we learned about the attack on Hosnian Prime. But after I got here I learned that he was there.” Her eyes began to tear up thinking about her older brother.

Thane pulled her in and hugged her. Both of them cried for the ones they had lost.

When they had calmed down some, Thane looked at her, “Is something else wrong Jude?”

She looked at him with more tears in her eyes, “I still miss my son.”

Thane again hugged her and thought back to the birth of his first grandchild.

Six Years Ago. Three months after Jude’s wedding.

“Push Jude. Push,” Bail said as Jude held his hand during the birth.

When the baby emerged there was quiet. No sound.

Dr. Kalonia immediately started a procedure to attempt to get the baby breathing.

Bail looked at Jude with a terrified look.

“What? What’s wrong?” Jude asked.

Dr. Kalonia did not answer her as she was busy performing the emergency procedure.

She worked for twenty minutes.

She turned to Bail and Jude and said, “I’m sorry, I have done all I can.”

“No! No!,” Jude screamed as she began to cry and held Bail’s hand as tight as she could as she sobbed uncontrollably.

Bail looked at her, “I have to go let the family know.”

All Jude could do is nod. Bail left the room to go out to the lobby to tell the family the news.

Dr. Kalonia began to prepare the baby to be removed from the room but Jude stopped her, “Can I please hold my son?”

Dr. Kalonia felt bad for Jude.

“I can’t imagine how this must be for you.” She wrapped the lifeless baby in the blanket which was on the table and handed him to Jude.

Jude sobbed as she held him. She kissed his forehead and rocked him.

“I love you little angel. You were my little Bail. Named after your daddy.”

At this moment Bail came back into the room. With him were Thane and Ciena.

They all gathered around the bed and shared in a family moment of grief as Jude slowly rocked the baby.

At this point Thane couldn’t think of it anymore. He loved his daughter too much to want to bring back such horrible memories.

“I miss him too, but it was the Will of the Force.”

“I understand that. I just miss him. But I think I am ready to try to have a baby again. I don’t know about Bail. He took the loss pretty hard.”

“I’ll talk to him,” Thane said as he lightly kissed her forehead and hugged her.

“Thanks so much for this talk daddy. I love you.”

“And I love you.”

“Where’s mom?”

“She is out gathering the fleet together then she is going to Coruscant to get the groundwork laid for the new government.”

“Do you really think we can win this dad?”

“Yes I do. I fought with a small fighting force against a superior military force and we won. It is possible.”

“With people like you leading us, I think we will win.”

“We will honey. Don’t worry.”

The shuttle emerged from Hyperspace above the planet of Coruscant.

Ciena had not been here since she was at the Academy.

As the shuttle descended she saw the planet had not changed much. The shuttle flew to the Old Senate complex and government center.

The building seemed to still be well maintained even though it had not been used in over thirty years.

They also flew by the Old Imperial Palace which had been the Jedi Temple before that.

The shuttle came and landed on the landing pad near the old government center and Ciena emerged followed by a squad of New Republic Spec Ops troopers.

The troopers were there to keep her and the building secured.

Ciena walked in and was immediately taken back in time to when she was at the Royal Imperial Academy.

She had thought that the building would be in disrepair since Chancellor Mon Mothma didn’t want the Capitol anywhere near Coruscant to signify a new age of government.

She approached the lift tube which would take her up to the upper levels where the Academy was located.

Leaving the lift tube at the Sky Loop her thoughts went back to those days at the Academy and working out here with her roommates and other cadets at the Academy.

“When this Academy reopens it will be just as great as before,” she said to herself as there was really no one else there to talk to, besides the trooper with her, and she didn’t think he really cared.

She then re-enters the turbo-lift and descends back to the area where the Republic High Command will be located.

She steps off then walks the short distance to the old Imperial High Command Offices.

Opening the door, she sees the one marked, “Naval Commander.”

She pushes the door open and examines the palatial office.

“This is insane. I don’t need an office this large,” Ciena says. She walked down the hall looking for a smaller office only to see that there were no smaller offices available.

I guess I will have to go with that one, she thought to herself as she walked back into the first office.

She sat at the desk and started to go about coordinating the fleet from the holocomm unit on her desk.

The Chimaera Dropped out of hyperspace again, this time right outside the Ileenium system. It would wait there for the Resistance to detect it so it could lure them into the trap that had been laid out.

“Admiral,” Lieutenant Mitaka said as they approached the designated point. “we have reached the designated zone.

“Hold here,” Thrawn said not looking away from the view outside.

“Aye sir.” Mitaka pushes a few buttons and the ship stops and remains in hover position just outside the system.

“Now we wait,” said Thrawn as he paced back and forth on the bridge.

“What do you mean she has left the ship?” Thane asked the Captain of the Defiance over the encrypted Comm Channel.

“Sir she has gone to Coruscant to prepare for the government to return there.”

“Who sent her there?” Thane asked.

“Chancellor Organa, Sir,” The Mon Cala Captain said.

“Thank you Captain,” Thane said before he cut off the communication.”

Thane then walks over to the area that Leia has made into a makeshift office to run the daily governmental functions of the Republic.

He knocks on the office door, “Come in,” Leia says.

Thane enters the office and Leia could tell by looking at him that he was mad.

“What is it Thane?” she asked. “You look upset.”

“Why did you send Ciena to Coruscant alone?”

“She isn’t alone for one. She has a squad of Republic SpecForce troopers with her. Secondly that is where we are going to be setting up the new government so I needed a commander there to prep everything before my arrival and the arrival of the rest of the High Command. Yourself Included.”

“I thought we were clear. Ciena and I agreed to help you out with fighting the First Order. We never agreed to go back on the High Command after we are victorious. We are getting too old for this Leia.”

“Thane, I need good officers to get the Republic back together.”

“You have plenty of them outside there in that Command Center. You don’t need us.”

“It’s my call Thane. Not yours.”

Thane turned and walked out of the office slamming the door behind him as he left.

He walks out to the hanger and gets into his X-wing fighter. He starts the engines and takes off.

Once out of the gravity well of the planet he inputs the coordinates to Coruscant. Before he was able to jump, however a blast hit his x-wing fighter and knocked him unconscious.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very interesting backstory for Rey! [face_thinking]

Superb seeing the strategy meeting in chapter #3 and the touching flashback in #4. But wow, what was that at the end? [face_worried]

7. Thane_Kyrell

May 16, 2016
    Chapter 5

“Admiral!” Lieutenant Mitaka yelled, “We just disabled an X-wing attempting to leave the system.

“Activate the tractor beam and bring them in,” Thrawn Ordered. He then walked over to the communications console and pressed a button.

On the other end General Hux answered him, “What is it Admiral Thrawn?”

“General Hux, we have disabled an X-wing craft attempting to leave the Resistance Planet. We are bringing it in on the tractor beam now.”

“Excellent Admiral. I will inform Supreme Leader Snoke and we will be in touch.” Hux’s hologram disappeared as Admiral Thrawn began to leave the bridge.

“Lieutenant! With me to the hanger bay!”

Lieutenant Mitaka rose from his seat and followed the Admiral off the bridge towards the docking bay.

Upon arrival the craft was already surrounded by several First Order Stormtroopers who were securing the X-wing.

The pilot was slumped over obviously unconscious. One of the troopers climbed up into the fighter and removed Thane from the pilot’s seat and brought him back down to the floor.

He was then placed on a hover gurney and taken to the medical bay where he would be checked out by the ship’s medical droid before being taken to a holding cell.

The comm unit on Ciena’s desk began to ring. She pressed the button to answer it and a hologram of Leia appeared.

“Chancellor. How may I be of service,” Ciena asked.

“This isn’t an official call Ciena we don’t need the formalities. Has Thane arrived there yet?”

“No. Why would he? He is supposed to be gathering the fighters isn’t he?”

“He did. He was here and then he found out you went to Coruscant alone and he stormed out of my office and flew off. Presumeably to go see you.”

“No he’s not here. When did he leave?”

“Roughly 4 hours ago.”

“He should have arrived an hour ago by my calculations since it takes 3 hours in Hyperspace to travel to Coruscant from D’Qar.”

“That’s what I thought. I will contact Luke and see if he can find Thane. Until then stay there and wait for my call.”

“Leia. Please find him. He is my life.”

“Don’t worry Ciena. We will find him.”

“I hope so.”

“We will.” At that point the holocomm shut off.

Ciena sat back in her chair and began to cry.

When Thane awoke he was strapped to an interrogation chair.

“So who do we have here. Thane Kyrell. It’s been a long time.”

Thane knew the voice but he couldn’t place it. Finally, the figure walked around so Thane could see him.

“Ved Foslo. It hasn’t been long enough.”

“So it’s Admiral now I see.”

“I am helping out Chancellor Organa. Once you are all defeated I am retiring for good.”

Ved just laughed, “You will never defeat the First Order Thane. We have won. We destroyed the Republic. Your fledgling Resistance is just a small thorn in our side that needs to be removed.”

At that point the door opened and Kylo Ren walked in.

“And just what are you supposed to be?” Thane asked as the masked figure approached him.

“I am someone you do not want to cross,” Kylo Ren said to him.

“Well I guess if I am here I supposed I crossed someone.”

“You’re very funny,” Kylo Ren said.”

He then looks at Ved, “Director Foslo, what has he been saying?”

“Nothing of significance. I didn’t want to ask any questions until you were present sir.”

“Director? Director of what? Idiocy? Really Ved? You made Director of something?”

Thane then looked at Kylo Ren, “You do know I was ahead of him in the Academy until he ran to his Daddy. He couldn’t even wait a minute to tell me his Father was a General when I first met him.”

Thane started laughing, “This is just too much.”

Ved’s face was turning red. He wanted to beat Thane to within an inch of his life. But he restrained himself. He didn’t want to face Kylo Ren’s wrath.

After all what good is a prisoner if they can’t be used as leverage. Admirals were good leverage.

“Now we will begin the interrogation,” Kylo Ren said to Thane.

“I’m not afraid of you. I won’t give you anything.”

“No you will give me everything.” Kylo then held out his hand and began to attempt to read Thane’s mind.

Thane tried to resist but Kylo’s probe was too much for him.

Luke sat in his meditation chamber. He had a unique ability that he had learned during his exile on Anch-To. He could locate any Force Sensitive in the Galaxy. As long as he knew their name the Force would guide his search,

Luke’s eyes opened and the look he gave was one of horror.

He left the chamber and went to see Leia. He walked right past Rey without even acknowledging her on his way.

Rey thought this odd and began to follow her master.

As Luke burst into Leia’s office he began to talk immediately, “Thane has been captured by the First Order. They are torturing him. The good news is he is close.”

“How close?” Leia asked.

“Just outside the system. Apparently they got him when he was trying to make the jump to Coruscant. There is at least one Force User on the ship.”

“What does this mean Luke?”

“It means that any rescue operation will be a dangerous one.”

“I’m with you Master,” Rey said having overheard the conversation.

“Rey this is too dangerous to take a Padawan.”

“But I am not a normal Padawan master. You said it yourself.”

“You’re right. You did take out Five trained knights of Ren by yourself.”

“I will need more than just you though Rey.”

“Take whomever you need Luke, just get Thane back. He is vital to our efforts here.”

With that statement Leia rises from her desk and walked out to the Command Center, “Everyone please may I have your attention. It has come to our attention that Admiral Kyrell has been captured by the First Order. They have a ship just outside our system in which it is being held. They were able to avoid detection so there might be a more ominous plan. We need volunteers for a rescue team.”

Before Leia could even get the final words from her mouth, people were already coming forward.

Jude was one of them. As well as Bail Antilles.

“We’re with you as well Chancellor,” Bail recognized the voice. He turned around and said, “Mom! Dad! I thought you were dead.”

Wedge and Kendy smiled at him. We were off Hosnian Prime at the time of the attack. I had a group of cadets touring a remote outpost to look at the fighters we possess. When Thane’s message came through the entire outpost emptied of ships and we decided to come back here. We had to use public transportation because there were no ships left at the outpost.”

Bail and Jude ran over and hugged Kendy and Wedge.

Leia approached him and said, “It great to see you again Wedge.”

“Good to see you too Leia,” he says then he turns around, “Well what are we all waiting for. Let’s go!”

When Thane awoke again he the cell was dark. He was still in the restraining chair.

Thane heard a voice. Faint at first. Calling to him.

“Thane, Thane.”

“Who’s there?” Thane answered.

“Thane. I am glad I was able to contact you. I was not a Jedi so I cannot form visually but I was taught by one of them to be able to communicate with you.”

“Who are you?” Thane said.

“It’s Wynnet. I am Ciena’s twin.”

“Wynnet? I thought you were dead?” Thane said astonished.

“I am Thane. But just like I said I learned from the Jedi how to communicate with the living from beyond.”

“How is that possible?” Thane asked her.

“That’s not something I can explain at this time Thane. Right now I am here to help you.”

“How do you know who I am?”

“My sister has showed me many things in her life. You included.”

“This has to be a dream,” Thane said.

“No Thane it isn’t. Now please I am here to help you. Just listen to what I have to say.”

“Fine. Go ahead Wynnet.”

“Thane, you need to remove the restraints. You have the power within you Thane. You can do it. Just concentrate.”

“What do you expect me to do? There is no way I can get these off me.”

“Thane, remember what Luke said. You have the ability to call on the Force. It will help you.”

“I am not trained in that. I can’t do what he can.”

“His apprentice wasn’t trained either. But she managed to escape from the First Order. If she can, you can Thane. Look Through My Eyes.”

“What are you doing Wynnet?”

“I am linking to Ciena. I am showing her this scene. Hopefully she can help. Until then Thane you need to focus on the Force. It will help you.”

Thane relaxed his body, he tried to tap into the unknown. The Force. The restraint on his left arm began to move.

“Thane!” Ciena screamed as she looked up from her desk.

She had a vision. Thane was in trouble. He was being tortured.

“I have to do something!” She said.

She pressed a button on her desk and the Trooper outside the door rushed in.

“What’s wrong ma’am?” He asked.

“My husband is in trouble. We have to go. We hav to go now.”

“Ma’am if we leave the building as well as the planet will be unsecure. It could easily fall.”

“I am not concerned about that right now. I need to save Thane!” She said as she bolted past him, “Are you coming or not?”

“We’re with you ma’am”

Ciena and the troopers ran for the shuttle and took off. After they exited the atmosphere Ciena issued the order, “Set course for the Ileenium system. We need to find that ship!”

8. Thane_Kyrell

May 16, 2016
    Chapter 6

The X-wings head to orbit from D’Qar. Wedge gets on the radio, “Ok boys until our backup arrives we are on our own. Set S-foils in attack position.”

The X-wings opened their s-foils and headed towards the location told to them by Luke Skywalker.

“Target dead ahead,” Wedge said as the Chimaera came into view.

“One single Star Destroyer. We should be able to handle this!” Kendy said.

Right after she said those words several more Star Destroyers emerged from hyperspace behind the Chimaera.

“Watch out three more coming in! This is a rescue operation everyone. Protect the transports at all costs. Do not destroy the Destroyers. Just disable if you can. Then the troops will be sent to board.”

Behind the X-wings came the troop transports loaded with Republic and Resistance Special Forces troopers.

From the Command Center Finn watched as the transports carrying the troopers flew towards the Star Destroyers readying themselves to board.

“Fighters coming in!” Said Wedge as First Order TIE fighters came from the Chimaera. “All fighters engage.”

Thane pulled his arm up. The restraint was loose. Having an arm free he proceeded to remove the other restraints.

“I’m not sure how I did that but I really glad I did,” Thane said as he removed the rest of the restraints and got out of the chair.

It was then when Thane heard the pounding of feet outside the door and someone communicating with the guard at the door.

Thane moved to the side of the room out of view of the door. The door then opened and in stepped Ved Foslo.

When Ved came in he saw the chair was empty and he drew his pistol. Thane then jumped out of the corner and with a kick to the chest knocked Ved over and Thane took his weapon.

Ved was out cold.

Thane picked him up as best he could and put him into the restraint chair and locked the restraints.

The guard at the door hadn’t heard anything.

Thane was about to leave but then he remembered he was on board a Star Destroyer.

He made a noise which made the Stormtrooper guard enter the holding cell to check on the noise.

Thane then attacked him and took his armor.

A great disguise. One that should help him.

“Go Thane. Right now. Go,” Wynnet’s voice said as he started down the hallway.

Just as he made it to the corner to head to the docking bay the alarms sounded.

“Battle stations. All hands to your battle stations!” Thane heard the voice over the speaker system.

Just keep walking. You’re almost there, Thane thought to himself as he kept walking down the hall.

“You. Trooper!” A voice yelled in the hall.

Thane turned and looked at the officer, “Trooper get to your battle station. Repel boarders.”

Boarders? Who is boarding? Thane said to himself. Then it hit him. If Wynnet could communicate with him, could she do it with Ciena too?

They are coming to save me. I have to somehow get them a message that I am safe.

It was then that Thane heard Wynnet’s voice again, “Let the Force guide you Thane.”

“Were you able to contact Ciena?” Thane asked in slightly more than a whisper.

“Yes. She is on her way.”

“No no she can’t come here. She will die.”

“Then the Force has a will. It has it for you, for her, for everyone.”

“So Ciena is going to die?”

“That is not the Will of the Force.”

“Who then?”

Wynnet was silent.

“Me,” Thane sighed. “Then if it is why are you helping me?”

“I have seen you Thane. More than I wanted thanks to Ciena,” Thane laughed as she knew what she was talking about, “I am trying to help you to change the Will of the Force. It is a living thing Thane. It can change its if it feels that the Destiny of someone needs to go another way. If the Force sees that you are a fighter and how much you love Ciena it might just help you.”

“What do I have to do?”

“Just do as I tell you. Go to the airlock on level 3. They are attempting to breech now.”

Ciena’s shuttle emerged from hyperspace into the middle of a battle. The X-wings were engaged in fierce battle with the First Order TIE fighters.

Ciena walked up to the pilot of the ship, “Get out of the chair Lieutenant,” she ordered.

As the lieutenant got out of the chair Ciena slid in taking the controls and turning the shuttle towards the battle.

“Ma’am where are you going?” The lieutenant asked.

“We are going to save my husband. Get the troopers ready to board.”

Ciena saw a New Republic troop carrier had already docked at an exterior airlock and Ciena guessed the soldiers aboard were getting annihilated, “Hold on,” she said as she maneuvered the shuttle around to the opposite side of the Star Destroyer.

As the shuttle docked Ciena inputted some codes into the shuttle’s computer systems and the airlock flew open. As she suspected no Stormtroopers met them. They were too tied up on the other side of the ship.

“Come on,” she said to the troopers. “We have to find Thane.”

Thane went to the airlock and he saw the battle ensuing. The New Republic soldiers were being wiped out as they emerged from the boarding craft.

“Is there anything I can do?” Thane asked.

The officer looked at him, “Yes trooper get in there and fight!”

“Thane, go to the Port side airlock.”

Thane turned away and began walking slowly towards the other airlock as to not draw any attention to himself.

As he turned the hall he came across Ciena and Six New Republic Spec Force troopers fighting their way through the ship.

Thane put up his blaster and began to fire on the troopers.

Two of them turned and hit him, dead center with blaster bolts.

Before they could turn back Ciena took them out with her blaster. She ran to Thane and picked him up.

She removed the helmet of the armor he wore. His eyes were closed and he was unresponsive.

“We have to go now!” One of the troopers said. “We just got word the ship has been critically hit. All personnel are to evacuate immediately.”

“We’re taking him with us. Let’s go,” Ciena said to the two troopers standing next to her.

They picked up Thane and made their way back to the shuttle. The troopers calling into the comlink that they had found the objective and were moving back to their shuttle.

They made it back to the shuttle in record time. Ciena strapped into the pilot’s chair and pulled away from the Star Destroyer only seconds before it exploded.

The shuttle shook and alarms began going off but Ciena was able to stabilize the ship.

A few of the last remaining X-wings began to escort her back to D’Qar.

“Commence orbital bombardment,” The Captain of the Avenger ordered.

The bridge officers hit the sequence to begin firing the Lasers from the Star Destroyer at the surface of D’Qar.

The shuttle and x-wings were preparing to land when the bombardment started.

Ciena could only look on in horror as the structures below were reduced to rubble.

Ciena began to cry. All those people in the Command Center. The Chancellor of the Republic. Probably all gone now.

“Bombardment completed Captain,” the Lieutenant said.

“Excellent. We have scored the winning blow. Inform Leader Snoke and Master Ren that the Resistance and the Republic has been destroyed.”

“Sir! We have incoming ships in Sector 4!”

The New Republic Fleet had finally arrived.

“Input Coordinates and Jump to Hyperspace Lieutenant!”

The lieutenant inputs the coordinates into the computer and then sends the orders to all other Star Destroyers. All ships disappear into hyperspace shortly after under heavy fire from the New Republic Fleet.

“General Hux,” the captain says into the comm system as the Avenger travels through hyperspace, “We have lost the Chimaera and Admiral Thrawn, but we have scored a winning blow against the Resistance and Republic Leadership.”

“Excellent Captain. Return to our location and we will regroup for a full out assault on any Republic holdouts and commence the invasion.”

Ciena landed the shuttle on what was left of the landing field. The X-wings landed beside her.

She emerged from the shuttle and ran towards what was remaining of the Resistance Command Center on D’Qar.

“Is anyone alive in there!” Ciena called out, beginning to dig into the rubble. She heard muffled cries for help coming from below.

“Over here! I hear something!” She says to a trooper.

As they dig they come across the still alive but very badly hurt Leia Organa. Ciena, knowing how important Leia was to the cause, took her and immediately returned to her Shuttle, “Keep digging. Find as many survivors as you can. I am taking the Chacellor to the Medical Frigate.”

“Yes Ma’am!” The troopers say in unison. They kept digging as did the remaining X-wing pilots.

Ciena flew the shuttle in to dock with the Nebulon – B Medical Frigate Hope. As she docked she took both the body of Thane and Leia and took them to the waiting medics.
    She then went to the waiting area to await the fate of the Chancellor and her husband.

9. Thane_Kyrell

May 16, 2016
    Chapter 7

Ciena watched as all the bodies of Resistance and Republic troopers and pilots were brought into the Hope.

She watched as they were sorted and triaged. Those who could be saved were immediately taken to the surgical areas to begin lifesaving surgery immediately. This brought back memories for her of the Battle of Endor after her TIE fighter crashed.

A tear ran down Ciena’s face as she thought of Thane. He had taken two blaster bolts directly to the chest.

“We was wearing armor,” she said to herself as she paced in the waiting area. “He was wearing armor.”

As she paced Wedge and Kendy came in. When they saw her they ran over to embrace her.

“Thank you two for your efforts.”

Our efforts? You are the one who went into the ship and saved him with your team of Troopers.”

“I risked too much. Thane saw I was about to be hit by two troopers and shot at them. He missed and they turned and shot him which in turn allowed me to return their fire and take them out. He was hit dead in the chest with two blaster bolts. He was wearing armor.”

Ciena seemed to be in a daze as she talked.

Kendy held her close and they both rocked together as Wedge went to check to see if he could get any information about Thane or about Leia.

“I don’t know what I would do if I Lost him Kendy,” Ciena said crying.

“Ciena, you have told me yourself the Force has a Will. We all have a Destiny.”

Ciena sniffed and sat up, “You’re going to think I’m crazy.”

“I would never think that Ciena,” Kendy said.

“My sister told me where Thane was,” Ciena said looking at Kendy hoping that she would believe her.

“Your sister? The one who is dead?” Kendy replied.

“Yes Wynnet.”

“Ciena. I believe in the Force like you do. I have never heard of that before but I don’t think you are crazy. The Force works in mysterious ways. I’m sure if Master Skywalker were here he might be a better person to ask rather than me.”

“You think I’m crazy don’t you?”

“No. I know you too well for that.”

Ciena again began to cry. She was there with her best friend and they were both crying together for Thane.

Thane was strewn out on the gurney while the medical staff worked feverishly to get the storm trooper armor off him.

Once it was removed they looked at Thane’s wounds and hooked him up to systems to monitor his vital signs.

The machines were not registering any vital signs whatsoever.

“Dr. I think he might be gone,” said one of the medtechs in the room.

“No. I will not give up this easy. Get me the proper equipment. We are going to try everything we can.”

The techs ran out of the room and returned a few moments later with a crash cart and other equipment.

“Come on damnit!” The doctor said as he checked Thane’s wounds again looking to see how deep they have penetrated and how much damage the blaster bolts had done.

“The armor seems to have absorbed most of the energy. The bolts didn’t penetrate very far. Get me an X-ray,” he said looking at the tech.

The tech returned with the mobile X-ray unit moments later. The Doctor lined it up not worrying about the effects, “We don’t have time to worry about the effects. We need to save this man’s life.”

He activates the X-ray machine and then looks over at the viewscreen once the image gets sent.

“Ok all vital organs seem to be intact. Why is he not breathing or his heart not beating? Give me the crash cart.”

The tech hands the doctor the paddles and the doctor places them on Thane’s chest.

“Clear!” He sends the electricity through Thane and immediately the vital signs are restored on the monitor.

“Ok good job everyone. Let’s get these wounds cleaned and bandaged. Then we can go notify the family.”

Wedge returned to the waiting area where Kendy and Ciena still sat crying waiting for some news on Thane.

“Good news!” Wedge said. “I found out they took him into the Surgical Suite. He has the best surgeon in the Fleet working on him.”

Ciena for a second felt a weight lift off her shoulders. Then she felt the worry again when Wedge mentioned Leia.

“Leia is in Intensive Care. She is in critical condition and under heavy guard. We may have to go at this alone as we don’t know if she will be ok or not.”

“Well without political leadership the Republic is essentially dead,” Kendy said as she clung to Ciena trying desperately keep herself calm.”

“We can’t proceed without a political leader. The Republic is not a Martial Government. We are not the Empire. We cannot be.”

“If someone with a morality was put in that position who would give it all up once Leia is ok, then I think it could work,” Wedge said.

“It’s out of the question. Not happening,” Ciena said to him and Kendy agreeing, nodding her head.

“We need to fight back, otherwise the Republic is gone. If we wait around for Leia it might be too late,” Wedge said.

“There are other political leaders out there who can take up those reins,” Ciena said.

“Leia is the only one who can keep it together. She is the only one who would not want to assume absolute power. It has to be her,” Wedge said.

At this time the doctor who had been working on Thane emerged from the medical rooms. \

“Ciena Kyrell?” He asked looking around the room.

“That’s me,” Ciena said stepping forward.

“Ma’am,” the doctor said as he approached her. “I have good news and bad news.”

Ciena’s heart sank as she thought that Thane might possibly be dead.

“The good news is that your husband is alive. He is undergoing bacta treatment right now. He is still unconscious and in a comatose state. We do not know when he will wake up. His armor saved his life. It didn’t let the blaster bolts penetrate deep enough to cause any significant damage which is why we are trying to heal those wounds in the bacta.”

Ciena seemed relieved, “What is the bad news?”

“The bad news is we don’t know the severity of his coma. He might never come out of it.”

Ciena tried to hold back the tears but couldn’t and began to cry on Kendy’s shoulder.

“So wait. Are you telling me that after everything we have gone through that The First Order just won? Without Thane and Leia, we should just roll over and die? I’m sorry but I don’t think that is an option here,” Wedge said as he heard the doctor’s news to Ciena.

“Wedge, without Thane Starfighter Command is lost. He was the morale for them. They followed him without question because they trusted him,” CIena said.

“If you are forgetting I am a war hero. I fought this kind of war before. I rallied many people to the cause including Thane. I think I can rally people this time too.”

Kendy looked at Wedge and smiled. She knew that he could rally people to fight. She had seen him do it many times before during the war.

“Can I at least see Thane?” Ciena asked the doctor.

“Yes follow me.”

“We will discuss this when I return Wedge. Remember you fall under the military which is still under my command. Do you understand?”

“Yes ma’am,” Wedge said coming to attention and saluting Ciena.

Ciena returned his salute and went with the doctor in to see Thane.

“I want a status report,” Snoke said to General Hux from his Command Ship still a long way away from the main battles.

“We have a successful orbital bombardment and confirm the Resistance Base destroyed. We lost the Chimaera and Grand Admiral Thrawn, and Director Foslo in the process, but we have scored the winning blow Supreme Leader. We just now need to do a full scale invasion.”

Snoke looked at him, “This is good news General. What about Skywalker and his Apprentice?”

“We believe they were in the Resistance Base when it was hit Supreme Leader.”

“We need confirmation. I will not order an invasion until I have confirmation he is dead.”

“Supreme Leader, forgive me for asking, but why do you care about two individuals? It’s not like they would be of any threat to the First Order.”

“There you are wrong General Hux. They are a severe threat. Skywalker and his apprentice took out five Knights of Ren and nearly killed Kylo Ren. They are extremely powerful and his apprentice is especially powerful. She could destroy the darkside itself. That is a risk I cannot take.”

General Hux never really knew much about the Force and quite frankly didn’t care. But he didn’t want to feel the wrath of Snoke nor of his Apprentice; so he nodded and said, “Yes Supreme Leader. I will get confirmation at once.”

He bowed and left the holotheater when Snoke’s image disappeared.

As Ciena walked into the Bacta treatment room, she saw Thane suspended in the bacta tank. He was unconscious with the mask attached to his face as the bacta went to work healing the blaster wounds to his chest.

Ciena put her hand on the tank, “Thane. If you can hear me, come back to me. I love you Thane. I always will. I love you in every way.”

“Thane will be Ok Ciena,” she heard Wynnet say again. “This is just a minor setback. As one who is part of the Force I know he will be Ok. The Force is still deciding his fate but his Destiny is and has always been with you.”

By this point the Bacta treatment had done its job and healed Thane to the point where he could be removed from the tube.

As the medtechs removed him from the box Ciena called to him again, “Thane! Thane! You come back to me.”

“They are taking him to his room. I will take you there,” the doctor said as he and Ciena began walking down the hallway towards the patient and recovery rooms.

“Due to his rank and position he is getting a private room,” the doctor said to Ciena.

“That’s not necessary doctor. I know Thane well enough to know he doesn’t care about that kind of thing. He might have been a member of the Aristocracy when we were younger, but he never cared about it. We have money but we don’t live in Luxury. It just isn’t our way.”

“He is already in a private room. Just not an Admiral’s room. Is that ok?”

“That would be fine.”

They stop at the door to Thane’s room. Ciena thanks the doctor then goes inside and sits beside Thane. She grabs his hand and holds on to him, “I won’t let you go Thane. I will stay right here with you. I know if you were awake you would tell me ‘No you have to go lead the Resistance to Victory you have a loyalty to them and the Republic.’ But like I said to you all those years ago Thane. Sometimes when loyalty conflicts we can choose which one to honor. I wish I had made the proper choice the first time. If I had, we might not be in this situation. We could have run away together and lived a normal life. On this day Thane, and for all time, I choose you. I have finally learned that you can’t have it both ways. I found that the real honor is keeping my commitment to those I love. That is what I am going to do. I am not leaving you Thane.”

Ciena heard a sniff behind her.

When she turned and looked she saw Jude and Bail standing in the room, along with Wedge and Kendy.

“How much of that did you hear?” She asked.

“We heard everything,” Kendy said. “To be quite frank, I am glad you finally realized where true loyalty lies Ciena. I have known since our time at the Academy that you and Thane were meant to be together. I thought that after Thane deserted that you would follow but you hadn’t learned that honor was not everything. Loyalty to those you love sometimes is more honorable than preserving an oath for a government that murders its own citizens.”

“She’s right you know Ciena,” the voice said.

Ciena knew that voice. She turned and saw that Thane had woken up.

“Thane!” she said as she kissed him gently.

Ciena looked around and saw Jude crying as well.

“My two ladies. I love you both. What happened? How did I get here?”

“You got captured. We came to rescue you and you took two shots to the chest trying to save me Thane. Luckily you were wearing the Stormtrooper armor.”

“I would die for you Ciena. Without hesitation.”

There was some commotion in the hallway, “I said my father is in there. Get out of my way now Sergeant!”

Ciena got to her feet and went out into the hallway. She saw Paron getting into an altercation with a Republic Spec Ops Sergeant assigned to Protect the Leadership.

“Sergeant,” Ciena said. “He is ok. That is my son.”

“Yes ma’am. I apologize Lieutenant,” he said as he stood aside and let Paron pass.

Paron walked up to Ciena and hugged her before he asked, “How’s dad?”

“He’s fine. He is awake and talking. Hopefully he will be able to leave soon.”

They both go walking into the room and Paron hugs his sister and brother-in-law and then greets Kendy and Wedge, “Mr. and Mrs. Antilles. How are you?”

Wedge says to him, “Paron you know you don’t need to call us that. It is Wedge and Kendy. Unless we are in an official capacity and then it is Admiral and Commodore Antilles.” Wedge laughed.

“Yes sir,” Paron said as he shook Wedge’s hand. He then proceeded over to his father still in the bed.

“Dad. How are you doing?”

“I’m fine son. It has been so long. You are turning into a great young man. You are probably a big hit with the ladies.” Thane Laughed.

Paron blushed and changed the subject, “I heard about Thane Jr. I am just sorry I couldn’t be there. I can only imagine what that must have looked like to have that happen. I hope it was quick at least.”

“I think it was,” Thane said. “At least I hope it was too.”

Ciena looked at both of them talking. Paron, while being the first born and oldest, was the only one of their children who looked anything like Thane.

He was his spitting image. Light skin, redish blonde hair, and blazing blue eyes.

Jude, on the other hand, looked almost just like Ciena. She a darker skin tone but not as dark as Ciena. Her jet black hair sat down on her shoulders in naturals curls, just like her mother. She would look at Ciena with the same brown eyes that Ciena herself had.

Thane Jr. was a perfect mixture of the two. A light complexion with brown hair with red highlights. Looking at both of them with Brown Eyes. Ciena could still see him and would give anything to see him once more.

The doctor walked back into the room and was stunned to see Thane up and talking to his son.

“I wasn’t expecting this. I was expecting the coma to last at least a few days. This is absolutely unheard of.”

The doctor immediately moved to Thane’s side and began to check him out with all available equipment to ensure a full recovery.

“See, I told you he would be ok Ciena,” said Wynnet.

10. Thane_Kyrell

May 16, 2016
    Chapter 8

Two Days Later – Medical Frigate Hope – Intensive Care Unit

“What are we going to do now?” Thane asked. “Were there anymore surviors?”

Thane looked at Leia laying in the bed with respirators and other machines working hard to help her to breathe.

“There were a few they have been treated here. Our loses were great but we are still combat capable.”

“What about Poe Dameron and the other pilots?” Thane asked.

“Since they were up with me, they were all saved. They assisted in the recovery efforts,” Wedge told him.

“Where are they now?” Thane asked as he started walking. It hurt to breathe and Thane struggled to talk but he knew he had to get back out to the battle.

“They are out in the fleet awaiting instructions.”

“And Master Skywalker?”

“I am right here,” Luke said as he walked in and heard Thane’s question.

Thane was relieved to see that Luke had made it. But Luke didn’t stay put for long. He immediately moved to Leia’s bedside and stood with her while his padawan looked on.

“Thane, can I talk to you for a moment?” Ciena said.

She and Thane walked out into the hallway where no one else could hear their conversation.

“I know you might think I’m crazy but while you were missing and while I was on Coruscant before I came looking for you I heard Wynnet’s voice. She told me where you were Thane.”

Thane looked at her and he smiled a wide smile. His pale blue eyes looked into her Dark brown eyes, “While I was in that room after you brought me back here I was technically dead. I saw the other side. I saw Wynnet. At first I thought it was you, but she told me who she was. I was stunned. She explained a lot of things to me. Including that we have a Destiny that we are kindered spirits.”

“What’s that?” Ciena asked.

“We are soulmates Ciena. We are and were always meant to be together. I remember something you told me a while back when we were at the Fortress when I came to stand with you and your family when your honor was questioned. You said, ‘Believing in something greater than ourselves isn’t crazy. It’s proof that we are sane. Look how vast the galaxy is. Don’t you have to admit we can’t be the greatest power within it?’ To that I now say yes. I can admit it. You were right all along Ciena. I have grown over my years with you that I have come to believe in the Force. It is real and it wants us to be together.”

Ciena smiled and hugged Thane. Not too tightly because he was still in pain.

“I love you Thane. I am sorry I ever doubted your loyalty or you. You had a choice to make which I know wasn’t easy. You still made it. I might not have liked it at the time. But I understand now, seeing you there and knowing I might lose you, that if you had died I don’t know what I would have done. I also don’t think I ever said ‘Thank you’ to you Thane.”

“Thank you for what? And you never have to Thank me for anything.”

“I never thanked you for saving my life. That day on the Inflictor when you came to save me. You thought I was dead but when you heard my voice you risked your own life to save mine and were willing to die with me. You didn’t leave me then and I don’t want you to leave me now.”

Thane looked into her dark brown eyes. He pushed a curl back behind her ear as he put his hands to the side of her face.

“Ciena. You don’t have to worry. The Force will protect us. The same as it did back during the war.”

“How do you know that Thane?”

“Because Wynnet told me.”

“She talked to me too Thane. She told me where to find you. I can’t explain how I was able to hear her.”

“I can,” said a voice from behind them. Thane turned around to see Luke standing in the doorway to Leia’s medical suite.

“Luke,” Thane said. “How is it possible that we both heard her long dead sister speaking to us? I know you can do things like that but we are not Jedi.”

“True you are not. But like I told you before Thane. You and Ciena are Force Sensitve. You can pick up on some things that most others cannot. You are able to connect to the Force more than others. With training you can learn to manipulate it. Some Jedi I knew were able to manifest themselves and actually appear in the physical world. Some others can do this but not fully manifest. The most basic form is a voice. Most times the Voice is only heard by the Sensitive. My father was able to manifest with Masters Yoda and Kenobi. He only learned it after his death so it could be possible for your sister to learn it. If she learned from Yoda or Obi-Wan how to communicate with you she might be at some time be able to manifest.”

“I would love to see her again. Well I never saw her to begin with but I would like to see her if even just once.”

They were interrupted by alarms ringing.

“What’s wrong Thane?” Ciena asked.

“I don’t know,” he went towards the medical suite where he had left the others. “Wedge, do you know what this is about?”

Just as Thane asked that question, a New Republic Lieutenant came running into the room.

“Sirs. More enemy ships have appeared. They are bearing down on us. We need to either retreat or fight immediately.”

“I don’t think we can do this Thane.” Ciena said.

“Don’t be afraid Ciena. We can handle this.”

“No we can’t. They have superior forces.”

“So did the Empire.”

Ciena glared at him. Obviously he struck a nerve.

“Ok let’s go. Order all vessels to hyperspace. We need to get out of here now.” Thane orders.

“Aye sir.”

The fleet ships jump to Hyperspace just as the First Order Fleet reaches the area they had been just moments before.

General Hux, standing on the bridge of the Resurgent-Class Star Destroyer. He watched the Republic fleet disappear into hyperspace right in front of his eyes.

“We have them on the run,” he stated.

He pressed a button which brought up a hologram of Supreme Leader Snoke.

“We have them on the run, Supreme Leader.”

“We must destroy the fleet! Skywalker is on that Fleet. You failed in killing him General. Tell me again why I keep you around.”

“Because I am a tactical genius Supreme Leader.”

“So you say. I haven’t seen any of that genius.”

“We have them on the run. That should be a show of what I can do.”

“It was Admiral Thrawn who ordered that bombardment. Not you. I don’t want any more excuses. Destroy the fleet.”

The hologram then disappeared.

“Lieutenant Mitaka, are you able to track any of those Republic ships?”

“No General. They could be anywhere. They could even be on the other side of the galaxy by now.”

“Send out the probes. Find them!”

Three Days Later

The Defiance sat silently among the rest of the Republic fleet. All the available pilots and x-wings were flying combat patrols along the fleet.

“Corona 1 to all wings.” Thane said into his comm unit in his x-wing as he flew the patrol. “Be vigilant for enemy Capital ships and fighters.”

“Corona 2 to Corona 1,” Kendy said. “Probes are in place. They are just outside of our sector and we will be notified if anything hypers in.”

“Excellent. Return to base Corona 2.”

“Roger Corona 2 returning to base.”

Thane watches as the alert began to beep on his fighter console.

He watched as Kendy’s X-wing appeared in front of him.

“Good work Kendy. I saw you coming before you even got here.”

“It’s what I do Corona Leader.”

“Corona Leader to all wings. Corona 2 will be assuming command. I am returning to base.”

“Thane we are still in our strategy meeting,” he heard Ciena’s voice say.

“Having a meeting without me?”

“You were the one who said you wanted to do a combat patrol.”

“Well I told you I would be back; you could have waited.”

“Hurry. We will wait for you.”

“I am landing now,” Thane said as he touched down in the hanger and jumped out of his x-wing.

As he walked towards the conference room through the hanger he saw the Mighty Oak Apocalypse come in for a landing. After it landed and the boarding ramp came down a large dark haired wookiee stepped out.

He immediately walked up to a mechanic in the hanger and Thane heard the Wookiee ask a question.

He heard the Wookiee ask for him?

The Mechanic pointed to Thane who began walking towards the Wookiee as the Wookiee came closer to him.

After introducing himself as Chewbacca, he handed Thane a note written in the old Wookiee language.

“I can’t read this,” he said to Chewie.

Chewie groaned and roared in his wookiee language.

Thane’s face went from happy and energetic to sad in an instant.

“Lohgarra died?” Thane asked.

Chewie nodded and roared in a sad tone. He handed Thane the paper again.

“I cannot read this,” Thane told Chewie.

Chewie brought the paper in his hands and began a series of grunts and roars.

My Dearest Thane,

By the time you get this message I would become one with the Force. You were the best pilot I have ever had the opportunity to work with. None of the other crew members ever had my love and compassion like you did. After the liberation of Kashyyyk by my dear friend Chewbacca and the great General Han Solo, I returned home to my family. I was saddened to hear they had been killed by the Imperials after they were enslaved and resisted. I had nothing left. You were always like a son to me Thane. Because of that I am giving you my ship. I don’t want any protests on this. This is my final wish and I know you will take good care of her. As I write this I am reminded of when you served with us oh so long ago. It has been an honor Thane. I will see you on the other side.

May the Force Be With You,

Lohgarra

Thane’s eyes filled with tears. He had thought of Logharra often. Ever since the day he saw her and her crew came to fight with the Rebellion all those years ago.

She always told him he needed to eat more that he was too thin. She was like the loving, caring mother that he had never had.

“Thank you Chewie. I appreciate you coming out here to give me this. You have no idea what it means to me,” Thane said with tears streaming down his face.

Chewie grabbed him and pulled him close for a hug. He roared and grunted.

“Any friend of Lohgarra is a friend of mine. If you need anything, please don’t hesitate to contact me.”

Chewie hugged Thane again and then proceeded to walk from the docking bay into the ship.

Thane then turned back around and headed out of the Docking bay heading down the hall to the Conference room where everyone was waiting on him.

“Sorry I’m late. I just got some news from a friend that was rather personal. Ok so now how do we proceed?” Thane asked as he took his seat at the table next to Ciena, Ackbar, Statura, Poe Dameron, Finn, Luke, Skywalker, and Rey.

Oh board his command ship; Snoke spoke while trying to contain his anger, “How was Luke Skywalker able to escape our grasp?”

“He must have had help. I have no other explanation for it,” Kylo Ren said.

“How could he have had help? Only the people here and those on the Chimaera knew of our plans,” Snoke said.

“Maybe Admiral Thrawn made a power play before the attack. He could have been playing both sides. It has happened before.”

“Perhaps, but I doubt it.”

“What about Director Foslo?”

“If anyone was trustworthy it was him.”

“Then I don’t understand it. How could he have survived the surprise attack. A lot of the Resistance Leaders did. Like they – “

“What?” Snoke said waiting to hear Kylo’s response.

“Like they were already evacuating their base,” Kylo said figuring out a logical solution. “Maybe they knew we had found them so they were in the process of evacuating when we bombarded their base.”

“That is definitely a possibility.”

“We need to look into this,” Snoke presses a button on his throne which connects him to the bridge.

“Set course for the next jump point.”

He turned and looked toward Kylo Ren, “We will keep moving until we know for sure the Resistance is no more.”

Then Kylo Ren felt the subtle shift as the black Super Star Destroyer Eclipse entered into hyperspace.

They are all cowards. I need to talk to Luke. Wynnet thought as she moved instantly to the Defiance.

Two Months Later – Republic Fleet – Deep Space

Princess Leia shot up in her bed. She tried desperately to breathe as the tube was down her throat. The alarms on the machinery were blaring.

MedTechs and doctors immediately rushed into the room.

They laid her back down then proceeded to remove the breathing tube from her throat.

Leia then began to speak. He voice was merely a whisper, “Where are Thane and Ciena? I need to talk to Thane and Ciena Kyrell.”

One of the doctors said in response, “We will find them Chancellor. We will find them for you.”

The doctor looked to the medtech who then left the room heading towards the nurse’s station hoping to find some information about the Kyrells.

The doctors continued to work as Leia lay there her eyes moving rapidly.

Thane and Ciena had just woken up in their suite and were preparing for the day when their holocom rang.

Thane walked to the holo and flicked on the switch. Immediately he was face to face with Leia’s doctor.

“Admiral Kyrell,” The doctor said. “I am glad you were around. The Chancellor is awake and wishes to see you both.”

“Why does she want to see us?” Thane asked.

“I don’t know. But she said it was urgent. Please come to the Hope as soon as possible.”

The doctor’s image then disappeared.

“Leia’s awake?” Ciena asked Thane.

“Yes. And apparently she wants to see us,” Thane said as he put on his uniform tunic and sealed it.

“Let’s go then,” Ciena said as she and Thane walked towards the door of their suite aboard the Defiance.

Minutes later Thane and Ciena were landing in the docking bay of the Hope.

Thane and Ciena emerged and headed straight for Leia’s hospital suite.

As they approached the guards saluted them and opened the door. They entered and there they saw a pleasing sight.

Leia was awake. And talking. This time in more than a whisper.

He protocol droid was with her as was Luke and Rey.

Ciena and Thane walked up to them, “You wanted to see us Chancellor.”

“Yes I have some news. I think I know where Snoke is!”

“How do you know?”

“When I was in my coma I had an experience. I actually joined the Force. I could use it to go anywhere and see anything. I watched them plan a final assault and I watched them go into hyperspace. They have Palpatine’s missing Command Ship. The Eclipse.

Thane. She saw this with my help. The Force wants the good to return. It is the only way The Chosen One can destroy the Darkside. The Republic must win!

“Huh?” Thane said.

“What is it Thane?” Ciena asked.

“I don’t know I just heard a voice. I think it was Wynnet.”

“Of course! She is one with the Force. With what she has learned she is trying to help us! She led Leia to the First Order’s location. As long as we have her we should be able to win. Don’t you see Thane? The Force wants us to win!”

“I remember someone. She looked like you Ciena. She led me to the First Order. I take it that is who Thane is talking about?” Leia said.

“Yes. My twin sister Wynnet. She died hours after we were born. I always included her in my life and showed her the most amazing and horrifying things in it,” she said as she held her wrist which still contained her leather wristband.

“When I crashed after Endor, I thought I had been cut off from her forever. It made me want to die. I went and tried to crash my Star Destroyer onto the Surface of Jakku but Thane saved me. The Republic gave me a second chance and the rest is history. Thane found my bracelet and when I felt the connection to Wynnet again it was amazing.”

The connection was never broken Ciena. The Force always wanted you and Thane to be together. It brought you together for a reason. The reason is so you could help the Chosen One destroy the darkside.

“Thane. I just heard her too.”

“What did she say?” Leia asked.

“She said that we were brought together by the Force to aid the Chosen One in destroying the darkside. Do you know what she means?”

Rey was looking at Ciena now, her eyes widening, “She is saying that the Force wants you to help me. I am the Chosen One. The prophesized person who would be the re-incarnation of the Original Founder of the Jedi Order. The one who can destroy the dark.”

“Why do you need our help to do that?” CIena asked.

“I don’t know. The Force doesn’t communicate to me as it does to Master Skywalker.”

They all looked at Luke hoping for an answer to their questions.

“If you are looking for answers I don’t have any. I just know what I was told by my Master. Master Yoda.”

Mysterious the Force is. Unable to understand it completely, we cannot.

“He just told me that the Force is mysterious and we cannot completely understand it or its Will. The Force makes things happen when they happen.”

“Our government has been destroyed. I don’t know what we can do now with the First Order on the move rapidly capturing planets. I just don’t think I am up to the task of leading this,” Leia stated.

Thane looked at her almost in anger, “Leia. You helped people to believe once. You led them into battle against a Tyrant and you won. Against incredible odds. What makes you think you cannot do it again? I remember something Mon Mothma told me once, ‘Self-doubt will cripple you more than fear ever could.’ She told me that at a time when I didn’t think I could go on fighting. I kept fearing I would kill Ciena in battle but that helped me deal. I believed in you once Leia. Make me believe in you again.”

“You’re right Thane. The new Star Destroyers are better designed. They learned from Endor. This will be a tough battle. Assemble everyone. We can do this.”

11. Thane_Kyrell

May 16, 2016
    Chapter 9

“Our intelligence says that the forces of the First Order have been significantly reduced over the last two months after we took out a lot of their shipyards and training facilities. The Star Destroyers guarding them have either been destroyed or captured,” Leia says to the assembled leadership in the Conference Room.

“What is the current strength of their fleet,” Ciena asks, a tone of worry on her voice.

“They have One Resurgent-Class Star Destroyer, and One Super Star Destroyer. We believe the latter is the Emperor’s Flagship which has been missing since the Battle of Endor.”

“Are we sure they only have the two ships?” Ciena asked, a sense of worry in her voice.

“Yes, Captain Wexley has done a reconnaissance of the fleet. There are only the two left.”

“Do the new Destroyers have any weaknesses?” Thane asked.

“Yes,” Finn said. The armor under the ship is lighter due to the ventral cannons mounted there. The First Order believes no ships can get close enough due to the armament so they lightly armor the area around them.”

“Excellent,” Leia said. “We should have no problem getting pilots in there if we can take out the armament first.”

“I have a question about the Ventral Cannons,” Thane said. “Exactly how do they work?”

“They are similar to missiles. They are powered by Kyber Crystals and actually follow the vessel like missiles.”

“So really they can only target one ship at a time?”

“Yes,” Finn says. “It is a weakness that they are trying to fix with the newer Resurgent Class ships. That is until we took out their shipyards.”

“So if we go in there in force after taking out their armaments could their targeting systems be confused with several fighters attacking at once?”

“It is possible. They didn’t tell us much about them.”

“This will be our last stand are we ready to go?” Leia asked everyone at the table.

Everyone nodded. They would do what they needed to for the Republic.

“Ok everyone I will meet you all in the docking bay. Thank you,” Leia says as they all stand to leave.

“Thane, Ciena, Gial, please wait a moment.”

“What is it Leia?” Cien asked.

“You are all my main admirals. I need the best leadership I can get and I have it. I have to assign roles to my command staff now. Ciena, since you have Capital Command Experience I need you and Admiral Ackbar to take command of the Fleet and direct the battle from the bridges of your ships,” she then turns to Thane. “Thane, I need you to be the Flight Commander for the fighters with Admiral Antilles.”

Thane looked at her, “You want us out flying in fighters?”

“You don’t have to you just have to coordinate them. You can lead them from the ship or you can be out with them. It’s your choice,” Leia said.

Ciena looked at Thane in shock. She didn’t want him anywhere near a fighter.

She had read the intelligence reports about the weapons loadouts on the First Order’s TIE fighters.

They carried weapons much more powerful than were installed on the Empire’s TIE fighters. They could penetrate shields and armor in one hit.

“Thane. Can I talk to you for a second?” Ciena asked. Excuse us Leia.”

Ciena pulls him aside, “I don’t want you out in a fighter Thane. You know the weapons they have would kill you in one shot.”

“Ciena. I am a well enough pilot that I can out maneuver a TIE fighter pilot easily. You know that.”

“Please Thane. At least think about it.”

“Ok Ciena. I will.”

The pilots assembled in the Large docking bay of the Defiance for their briefing.

Leia, Thane, and Ciena entered the Docking bay to go and address the assembled pilots.

Seeing them approach Wedge turns to face the assembled, “Attention!”

The assembled pilots come to attention in military fashion.

Wedge then turns back to face Thane, Leia, and Ciena. Saluting he says, “All pilots assembled.”

“Thank you Admiral Antilles. Please join us up here.”

Wedge goes and takes his place next to Thane and Ciena who stand behind Leia facing the assembled pilots.

“Thank you for coming today,” Leia said. “Today is the day we make our last stand. Our final fight for the Republic. I must be honest it will not be an easy fight. But we have the advantage of a former First Order trooper who learned some weaknesses in the designs of their starships.”

Leia went on to explain fighter assignments.

“For the Republic!” She says as she dismisses the assembled Officers.

After the officers are dismissed and headed for their fighters, Thane begins to walk away towards the fighters.

“You’re doing it aren’t you?” Ciena asked him.

“Ciena. I have to.”

“No you don’t Thane. You can stay here where it is safe.”

“Who said I won’t be safe? The Moa is quite capable of acting as a command ship for a fighter squadron. And it is heavily armed.”

Ciena looked confused.

Thane smiled and laughed, “I will be ok Ciena. Trust me.”

“I do.”

Thane walked back over to Ciena. He embraces her, pushes a curl back over her ear, and kisses her softly, “The Force will take care of me Ciena.”

“You don’t believe in the Force Thane,” she says.

“I didn’t used to. But when I found myself on the Inflictor and I heard your voice, I knew. It was the Force again bringing us together. Don’t you see Ciena. We have a larger role we have to play. Everything happens for a reason.” He hugged Ciena tightly.

Ciena pushed away and looked into Thane’s eyes, “You know Thane, I don’t think I ever said Thank you.”

“Thank you for what Ciena?”

“For saving me. You not only saved me from the Inflictor but you also saved me from myself. I just hated the Empire so much but my sense of honor refused to let me leave. I was my own worst enemy. You saved me that day. So I will say it again. Thank you.”

Thane smiled, “You never have to thank me for anything. You have already given me everything I could possibly want. You have already given me your love, and three beautiful children. That is all I could ever want.”

Thane again hugged Ciena as tears welled up in her eyes. They broke their embrace and Thane began walking away towards the fighters and the Moa. As he passed a tech he stopped by the Moa to talk to the tech.

CIena said, “May the Force be with you Thane.” Then she turned towards the door and walked to the turbolift which would take her to the bridge.

Seeing that Ciena was gone, Thane gave his last orders to the Tech to begin loading the Moa with explosives and walked over to his X-wing and climbed in. The canopy ascended and he took off.

Once Thane was outside the ship he turned on his comm to address the fighters, “All wings this is Admiral Thane Kyrell. Prepare to jump to Hyperspace.”

Ciena froze as she heard Thane’s voice. She pulled up the camera for the docking bay. The freighter was still there.

“Thane. What are you doing?” She said to herself.

She shook her head knowing how stubborn Thane could be.

She pressed the comm unit, “All craft prepare to jump into hyperspace.”

She looked around to see the crew doing their jobs. She took a deep breath and said, “Go.”

At that moment the Fleet of Imperial Era ships and new fighters disappeared into hyperspace on their way to face the remnants of the First Order.

12. Thane_Kyrell

May 16, 2016
    Chapter 10

“Corona Leader to all wings. Lock S-Foils in Attack position and accelerate to attack speed! Watch for enemy fighters. They pack quite a punch superior piloting is key!”

“Roger Corona Leader,” Kendy replied.

One by one each squadron and wing acknowledged Thane’s Orders.

“May the Force Be with Us,” Thane heard the voice come over the comm and smiled.

He looked down to his console where he saw the holopic of Ciena.

He was snapped out of his stupor by his alarms going off, “Fighters coming in! Take Evasive Action! Corona Squadron form up on me. Wedge, take the rest of the fighters and go after that Super Laser on the Eclipse. Corona Squadron we will take the Finalizer.

“Roger Corona leader,” each of his pilots responded almost in unison.

As Thane flew towards the Star Destroyer rapidly taking down any TIE in his path and coming within range of the Dorsal guns of the Star Destroyer.

“Corona Squadron, focus all fire on the Ventral Cannons. It is the weak area of the armor. They can only target one craft at a time so group up and attack. Corona Two and myself will cover.”

Obeying the orders without question the X-wing fighters swoop in and take out the first Ventral Cannon along with the laser batteries surrounding it.

“Corona Three to Corona Leader we have a direct hit.”

“Roger. Once you have taken out all the cannons focus fire on the areas where they were.”

“Roger.”

“General Hux!” Lieutenant Mitaka exclaims. “We have multiple enemy fighters incoming. They are taking out the Ventral Cannons before they can fire!”

“Send the fighters in to protect the cannons. That is the only weakness in our armor. If we lose those we are finished.”

“Fighters deployed sir,” Mitaka says.

“General Hux I would like a report,” Kylo Ren says as he walks onto the bridge of the Finalizer.

“We have lost some Ventral Cannons. The Resistance knows exactly where to attack us.”

“The traitor has told them our weaknesses,” Kylo Ren said with disdain in his voice. “I must go see the Supreme Leader. Get my shuttle ready.”

“Yes sir. I want him to have a full complement of troopers and an escort. He is going into a battle!”

“Aye sir,” one of the bridge officers said.

The officer walks off towards Captain Phasma’s division to arrange the troopers.

Ciena watches the battle unfolding from the bridge of the Defiance. Next to her Admiral Ackbar looks on.

“We need to focus on the Eclipse,” Ackbar says. “If Snoke escapes this war will go on and on. We cannot let him escape.

Ciena presses the button at her station, “Wedge, take a squadron of fighters and begin an attack against the command ship. We must not let them be able to escape. Take out the shield generators and our bombers can handle the rest.

“That thing possesses a Super Laser. Why haven’t they fired it?” Wedge asks over his comm.

“Because they want to wait. They want to have the last word. If we can take out that laser it might cause enough of a chain reaction which should destroy the entire ship,” Thane says to Wedge.

“How do you think we can accomplish that?” Wedge asks in response.

“We have to sacrifice a ship. I am already loading a freighter with explosives to send it right at the Super Laser.”

“Who is going to fly it there Thane?” Ciena asks him.

“The autonav I hope,” He chuckles.

“You aren’t going anywhere near that freighter Thane. That is an order,” Ciena says to him.

“Ciena. I told you everything will be ok. Trust me.”

Ciena rose form her seat, “Admiral Ackbar has command. Prepare me a fighter.”

She looks at Ackbar who acknowledges what she is doing, “May the Force be with you Admiral.”

Ciena turns and says, “And with you Admiral.” She smiles and walks off the bridge.

“Corona Leader we are taking heavy damage! We need assistance!”

“Roger Corona Four. Moving in above you. I see them!” Thane locks and pulls the trigger.

Three Tie Fighters disappear from his scope in an instant.

“Thanks Corona Leader,” Kendy said to him with appreciation.

“Anytime Corona Two. How are we doing on those Ventral Cannons?”

“Last one is almost destroyed. One more pass.” There are a series of explosions. Then his comm with Kendy went silent.

“Corona two report. Corona two?”

Still silence.

“Cor…. Systems…… Damaged…. Eje….” Thane heard over his comm.

Then he received a signal on his scope of a floating ejection pod from an X-wing fighter craft.

“Standby Corona Two. We will provide cover while you are recovered.”

Ciena performed her pre-flight checklist while the canopy closed and sealed her in.

She took off and headed out to join the battle. She knew what she had to do but she knew Thane would never approve.

She had to take out that laser. It was the only way to save everyone.

“Corona Leader do you read,” Ciena said through comms.

“Ciena?” Thane answered in surprise. “Ciena what are you doing?” Thane said as he watched the newly arrived x-wing heading toward its target.

“I am saving your life Thane. Just like you saved mine.”

“Ciena no! You can’t”

“The Force will guide me Thane. Please. I have to do this.”

Thane flipped his throttle full to chase after Ciena. Was she really this crazy to go on a suicide mission?

“Ciena. That laser needs tobe taken out with a precise load of explosives. A fighter isn’t going to cut it.”

“I know Thane. I know what I have to do.”

“Ciena why does everything with you have to be so difficult? Look to your port side.”

Ciena looked out and saw Thane there next to her. He was flying in almost perfect unison with her maneuvers.

“If you go Ciena I go too.”

“No Thane. You have already done enough. I have lived a good life. I am doing this for you Thane.”

She looks ahead as the Super laser began to turn a bright green. She continues to fly right into it.

“Ciena NOOOOOOO!”

Thane sees the X-wing explode. In the process he sees that Ciena’s sacrifice worked.

The Eclipse exploded in a giant fireball.

Thane sat stunned. He had lost the only person he ever loved.

Thane hadn’t felt like this for thirty years when he thought he lost Ciena during the Battle of Endor.

But then his sorry turned to anger. He saw the shuttle carrying the remaining leadership of the First order heading back towards the Finalizer.

“You all killed her!” He said, the anger in his voice showing.

Immediately Thane pushed his throttle up to full and flew directly at the shuttle.

As he approached he looked down again at the holopic of Ciena in his cockpit.

“I love you Ciena. I will see you soon!” Thane said as he flew directly into the command shuttle taking out the remaining First Order leadership.

Kendy looked on in shock. Both her friends had sacrificed themselves. But what did they sacrifice for? Did they do it for the Republic? Or for each other?

She would never know.

“No! Mom! Dad! No!” Jude cried into her radio as she saw the event happen in front of her.

Tears ran down her face and she was having trouble seeing as the command came back over the comm, “All wings return to the Defiance.”

After Jude landed she collapsed immediately after climbing out of her fighter. Bail came running over to her and held her in his arms.

“No. No I imagined that. They can’t be gone.”

“Jude. They sacrificed themselves for all of us. They are heroes. It was the Will of the Force.”

“I will make sure they are honored,” said a voice approaching Jude.

“They will have a permanent place of honor in the Republic they died to save,” Leia said to Jude as she embraced her.

“I am so sorry for your loss but the honor of their sacrifice will live on forever. The Citizens of the Republic owe them a debt. A debt that will continue to be paid with every day that the Republic survives.”

13. Thane_Kyrell

May 16, 2016
    Epilogue
    Thane grabbed ahold of the handles and released the break. He flew down the hill at a blinding speed. Looking down he saw the Valley several hundred meters below.
    He had to time it just right he counted down in his head before letting go of the handles and falling onto the ground.
    “Someday you are going to break your face on that thing,” he heard a voice say.
    He looked up to see Ciena, standing before him in an oversized flightsuit.
    “You’re just mad because I don’t let you do it,” Thane shot back.
    “I could you know.”
    “Yeah I know. Here I was afraid of being late and you beat me here,” Thane said grinning.
    Ciena looked at him with a smile on her face, “Well are we going to go flying or not?”
    “Let’s go,” Thane said as he and her pushed the hanger door open.
    “So who is going to pilot today?” Thane asked.
    Ciena held out her hand.
    “Lizard, toad, snake.”
    A grin came over Thane’s face. He held out his hand on the count of three.
    Toad.
    Of course Ciena had thrown a snake. Snake eats toad.
    “Too bad Kyrell. It looks like you are gunner today,” Ciena said as she ascended the ladder into the V-171.
    Thane climbed in right behind her. A smile on his face that he could finally go flying with his true love.
    They soared together over the mountains of Jelucan. Above the clouds and watching the sun over the mountains.
    Down through Stepson’s Gorge and the Valley. The Old V-171 still functioned.
    It was still their bliss.
    So this is eternity, Thane thought to himself as they continued to fly together, doing what I love with my one true love. Noting could be better.

Jude stood next to her older Brother Paron Kyrell and her husband Bail. She held their new baby in her arms and each wore a piece of blue cloth tied around their arms in accordance with the Jelucan ritual of mourning, as Chancellor Leia Organa stepped up to speak.
    “Today we unveil a great piece to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice for freedom and democracy to survive. The first is a replacement of a statue which used to stand in the Senate of the New Republic on Hosnian Prime before it’s destruction,” She pulled the sheet off exposing a ten-foot-tall statue of Bail Organa. Carved of a single piece of Jelucan fogstone the statue greeted those entering the government hall on Coruscant.
    “This statue of my father Bail Organa will always stand here to welcome those to our government building. They will always remember the sacrifice he made to end the Rule of the Empire and restore freedom to the Galaxy even if he never saw it come to pass.”
    Leia took a deep breath then walked to another covering which was covering a set of statues.
    She looked out at the assembled crowd and said, “These persons gave their lives to free us from an invading force who destroyed our capitol and killed billions. They were Officers who showed tremendous dedication to duty as well as to the Republic. Would Mr. Paron Kyrell and Mrs. Jude Antilles please join me.”
    Paron and Jude walked over to stand next to Leia who handed them the covering and they all pulled until it was revealed.
    The statues stood side by side. They towered over the square and, because made of Jelucani Fogstone, took on an almost crystal like look.
    “Admirals Ciena and Thane Kyrell. We will always be in their debt. They sacrificed their lives so we could all be here today celebrating their lives. They were good friends as well as loving parents. The story of their lives is one for the holodramas but they prevailed and lived a good life. Therefore, due to their sacrifice it is my honor to present them with the Republic Medal of Military Honor, the highest medal that a member of the Republic Military can receive. It is also my honor to name this training academy the Ciena and Thane Kyrell Elite Flight Academy. May it always produce top pilots.”
    There was an ovation that sounded out from all over the plaza as the medals were given to Paron and Jude for their parents. Jude ran her fingers lightly over the braided bracelet on her wrist. A bracelet her mother showed her how to make before her death.
    “This is for you mom and dad. I miss you,” Jude said.
    Kendy and Wedge both had tears in their eyes listening to the honors, “If it wasn’t for them we would never have met each other,” Wedge said softly to Kendy.
    “That’s right. I mean I saw you during the Rebellion but I met you through Thane and Ciena. They were good friends.”
    “Same.”

The V-171 touched down again back in the hanger and the hatch popped open.
    Thane climbed out first then helped Ciena down the ladder.
    “Well it’s about time!” Wynnet said. “I didn’t think you two would ever come back.”
    “We couldn’t leave you down here alone Wynnet,” Thane said smiling.
    “I have been alone for a long time. But I felt like I lived an entire lifetime seeing things Ciena saw. Both the good and the bad. I got to meet you Thane. If I had been able to communicate sooner I would have told Ciena she was being stupid and she should have gone with you.”
    “Well now we can live the life we should have. We can be together and just fly whenever we feel like it. Finally together forever.”
    “Thane. I finally realize that my mentality almost tore us apart and if I had to do everything all over again I would choose you. I would choose you everytime.”
    “And I would choose you. Because I did choose you.”
    They embrace each other and head to the Fortress.
    “Hey! Where are you two going?”
    Ciena grinned, “To live our new lives.”
    Wynnet smiled and said, “Kindred souls. Together forever. May the Force Be With You.”

14. Marinist

Marinist Jedi Knight

Apr 17, 2015
    Great...

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb conclusion. Very satisfying outcome.

16. Thane_Kyrell

May 16, 2016
    As many times as I re-wrote that last section of the chapter I couldn't do it with someone else with the Epilogue I already had in my mind.

I must have re-written it a dozen times with many different outcomes. But this one fit the Epilogue the best.

I hated killing them off but I couldn't think of anything else.