main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT THE BETRAYAL BANQUET ( From The Empire Strikes Back)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hopefulwriter, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Writer: Hopeful Writer
    Rating: For Everyone
    Characters: Han Solo, Leia Organa, Lando Calrissian, Darth Vader.
    Summary: On Cloud City, Han looks forward to a good meal and relaxing time to spend with Leia, but there is a terrible twist!

Lando Calrissian, Han Solo and Leia Organa ambled casually through the hallway of Cloud City on the way to the dining room. Han was feeling more comfortable with his friend and was looking forward to a relaxing meal and later spending quiet time with Leia.

"Aren't you afraid the Empire's going to find out about this little operation and shut you down?" Han asked Lando.

"That's always been a danger looming like a shadow over everything we've built here, but things have developed that will insure security. I've just made a deal that will keep the Empire out of here forever."

Stopping at the entrance of the dining room, the group waited as the doors whisked open, revealing Darth Vader standing at the end of the table.

Leia gasped and Han quickly drew and fired his blaster, which Vader deftly deflected and with the stretch of his arm, instantly drew the blaster to himself by the power of the Force.

Moments of shocked silence followed, then Vader hissed an invitation. "We would be honored if you would join us." The bounty hunter Boba Fett stepped from behind the Dark Lord, weapon at the ready.

Han looked questioningly at Lando.

"I had no choice." Lando began to explain. "They arrived right before you did. I'm sorry."

Han realzied his friend had betrayed him. "I'm sorry, too." He replied.

"Please.................sit." Vader rasped. "No need to miss the meal that has been so graciously provided for you,." He said with all the calm of a Lord of the Manor welcoming his guests.

Lando sheepishly avoided Han's gaze as Han pulled out a chair for Leia, who slowly sank into the seat; her fear-widened eyes never leaving the foreboding visage of the black clad Sith.

Han seated himself next to Leia, placing an arm on the back of her chair and splayed his hand comfortingly on her back.

Vader then took his own seat with a flurry of his cape, folding his black gloved hands in front of him.
    "Now..." He began, "There is no reason we can't have a conversation that will be beneficial to us all."
    He turned his head toward Leia.

Leia glanced around the table set with china, silver and crystal; a mockery to the event that was taking place. Feeling probing eyes on her, she looked up, swallowing hard at the black masked face that was pointed in her direction.

"I want to know the whereabouts of Luke Skywalker." Vader's hoarse voice commanded.

"We don't know where Luke is." Han answered, covertly eyeing every part of the room, looking for a way out or for anything that could be used as a weapon.

Vader took a deep, mechanical breath. "My sources assure me you have recently been with Skywalker."

"That doesn't mean we know where is is now." Leia told him.

Lando rose from his seat, "I'll leave you to your discussion."

Vader raised his left hand and guided Lando slowly back into his chair by a Force Lando couldn't resist.

"This involves you, Calrissian, since you are harboring these....rebels!"

Reseated, Lando nervously pulled at the collar of his cape.

Vader once again turned his grotesque mask toward Leia. "You have caused quite a bit of trouble, your Highness." His voice echoed. "You can end this now by giving me the information I seek, and .......you can make this easy or difficult."

Leia's ire took hold, she didn't like to be threatened, cornered...she rose and placed her hands on the table. "I'll never tell you anything! You can threaten me.....kill me, but the resistance will go on...we will be free of your evil empire!"

The marked breathing of Darth Vader filled the room as the Sith Lord slowly rose from his chair, his menacing form looming over the table, shaking his head patronizingly. "Such determination, enthusiasm. Too bad it is exerted for the wrong cause."

"She told you she doesn't know where Luke is." Han insisted.

"You have nothing to add to this, Han Solo." Vader hissed. "Soon, you will be in the custody of
    Boba Fett. He's been looking for you for a long time........for Jabba the Hutt."

Leia looked apprehensively at Han. She would be separated from him.

Vader grasped his hands so forcefully on the sides of the table that the delicate crystal pinged, his
    voice booming across to Leia. "Again....and for the LAST time. Where is Luke Skywalker!?!"

Leia lowered her eyes and answered softly. "I don't know."

Vader lifted his hands from the table, jerked to his full, impressive height, and with the wave of his arm, consigned Han and Leia to their immediate fate.

"TAKE THEM TO THE INTERROGATION ROOM!!!"

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Nice scene extension! At first, I thought it was the original thing word-for-word, but then I looked again and there was more to it. It's kind of more logical this way. :)

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful ESB-esque feel. =D=

Findswoman and AzureAngel2 like this.
  4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    And I always wondered what happened after the doors closed on them. Thanks for helping out my imagination nicely! @};-

5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Enjoyed this! The Bespin dining room scene was one of those scenes that always felt kind of "too short" to me—they open the door, there's Vader and Fett standing in that actually very interesting and compelling setting, and them bam, action action action and much running down of hallways. So I like this version of things where they pause for a few moments to have a "conversation that will be beneficial to us all" (!)—much more interesting this way!

Love the image of Vader as a "lord of the manor welcoming his guests." As if he owns the place! (And of course by that point in ESB he kind of really does. [face_worried] ) And I liked the pinging of the crystal at Vader's sudden grasp of the table—a precarious moment there.

Thanks for sharing! Good to see you back. @};-

6. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Thank you for taking your time to read THE BETRAYAL BANQUET. I, too, had wished for a further diningroom scene in TESB and since there wasn't one,
    I filled in the blanks for myself, ha.

I like writing the 'left out scenes' in the movies, like playing in the sandbox by yourself.

Could be a more talented writer could expand that further or have another point of view.

Thank you for the 'welcome back' just got over a bout of acute bronchitis....and in the summer!!
    Have a good week. Can't believe August is right here! Lynda V.