main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Orlando 2017!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by michaelsft, May 4, 2016.

1. JediOtter

JediOtter Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2016
    If I plan on lining up for the opening ceremony it's probably a good idea to arrive in Orlando on Tuesday right? So that I'll be ready whenever the line starts forming on Wednesday.

2. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006

No, you don't have to come on Tuesday because the line wouldn't be starting until late on Wednesday, say around 8pm. So if you came on Wed. afternoon you would be fine.

3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    You don't need to get there Tuesday. If they do it like Europe, your place in line doesn't matter. You just need to be in the first however many the room holds. Get to Orlando Wednesday morning/afternoon and you'll be okay, but it will be a while until we know for sure how the panels will work.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  4. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Hoping I can go. But not counting on it. Never been to the US before, altough I have a friend that is in Orlando almost yearly... Perhaps some "ass-kissing" is needed? Haha

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  5. Aaron Halvorson

Aaron Halvorson Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2016
    What are the chances that Daisy Ridley and the rest of the Episode 7 actors make an appearance for Autograph Halls and Photo Ops or is it still too early for them? I would hope they would add Episode 7 or Rogue One actors to the Autograph Hall/Photo Ops pretty soon. But will Orlando still be too early for these young actors?

6. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm guessing the odds are pretty slim. I would love to be wrong though.

7. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    We were confident that they were gonna show for Europe... Shows what we know :p
    They are defintivly gonna be at the Episode 8 panel. But I doubt they are gonna be signing/photo ops.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  8. GermanBoba

GermanBoba Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2016
    Still I dont know the reasoning behind this decision to exclude them from signings and photo-ops. Lucasfilm has the biggest US-Boxoffice hit and the third one worldwide and they don´t promote their stars on the convention that is literally filled with people eager to get to meet them? Why do they wait?

Darthmaul208 and CaptainRegor like this.
  9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Crowd control maybe? If you had Daisy Ridley, John Boyega and Felicity Jones signing on top of Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher, that's a lot of huge lines to manage. I've also thought part of the lack of an Episode VIII presence in Europe was to not overshadow Rogue One, but I don't know why they couldn't have some of the smaller VII actors there.

jordantwodelta and CaptainRegor like this.
  10. lukerbl

lukerbl Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2016
    Hey guys, I'm from the UK. I went to SWCE in London in June for 1 day. Loved it so much I've just booked Orlando! Staying at the Doubletree Hilton near SeaWorld. I'm new to this forum but I'm going to try and get on more often. Be great if anyone wanted to hang out in the evenings or at the convention itself as I'll be going on my own! :)

11. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Welcome to the boards :) I'm sure as we get closer this place will get more happening.

xyloren and lukerbl like this.
  12. dante144

dante144 Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    Yes, mos def. God willing, I should be there. Also a local.

13. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    Out of curiousity, anyone know how much Hamill's autograph is nowadays? Asking so I can figure out how much to put aside for him next year should he be present.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It was 135 pounds in Europe. I'd put aside $200 to be safe.

Fallen-Hero likes this.
  15. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Thanks! I'm one of the Celebration newbies and I just remembered something I've been meaning to ask. Do they offer photo ops like they do in comic-cons or can we grab a selfie/pic with the actor/actress at the autograph table?

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yes, they have professional photo ops. The smaller celebs might let you take a photo again their table, but I wouldn't count on it. A table photo with Hamill isn't going to happen.

17. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    I thought as much to be honest, but figured it was worth asking nonetheless.

18. torjoreyri

torjoreyri Jedi Knight star 1

May 9, 2014
    Ay ay ay. . . Onpeak does not make it easy to swap your reservation. You have to cancel, and then hope the 1 room that just opened up at the other hotel doesn't get booked while you have to re-login and book it yourself.

That being said, I just upgraded to the Hilton Orlando! :D

Anyone who's stayed there before, how is it? I'm mainly excited about being closer than the Rosen Inn.

It's probably too early to know what hotels will be hosting afterparties, right? I lucked out with the Rosen Plaza in 2012 hosting an afterparty, as that was where I was staying. It would be nice to plan that this time.

19. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    Actually, it's not. A lot of organizations are already getting their plans out there for people and to try to prevent conflicts. I'm maintaining a list over at the Rebelscum forums if you want to click over and take a look:
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1129455&page=3&p=19845702&viewfull=1#post19845702

TLDR, so far the Hilton Orlando and Hyatt Regency have parties marked out.

20. Kettchs_Girl

Kettchs_Girl Jedi Master star 1

Mar 22, 2004
    Those who have gone to an Orlando Celebration before, does the convention center offer discounted/evening tickets to Disney World, like the one in Anaheim did?

I don't think I can swing full price Disney tickets plus the extra hotel night I'd need to make paying for a full ticket worthwhile, on top of my celebration expenses. I think that is one thing I'm going to miss from Anaheim--being able to walk over to Disney before or after a day at the con.

21. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Google Orlando Undercover tourist. I bought tickets there and got a nice discount.

22. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
  23. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    The other thing with these discounted tickets is it's good for people who are going to go multiple days; 4+ days saves you more money than 1 day ticket.

24. Kettchs_Girl

Kettchs_Girl Jedi Master star 1

Mar 22, 2004
    Thanks. I am really hoping for the convention ticket rates. I know I shouldn't spend the money, but I don't think I can be that close to WDW without going.

Celebration ticket purchased, hotel booked. Is it April yet?

25. GaelTrooper

GaelTrooper Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2016
    This will be my first Celebration too! Meeting my sister and her husband there (me flying in from Boston, them from Denver) and can't wait! They just HAVE to be doing special things at it, I'm sure, for the 40th anniversary of Star Wars..... What an awesome time to jump in on the Celebration bandwagon! Like you Alison, I've been a fan since '77 when I say it in the theatre as a 13 yr old. Going to cosplay as well- can't wait for that experience as well!