main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST "Love Is Stronger" H/L one shot.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Aug 21, 2016.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Disclaimer: borrowing with affection.

Genre: Poignant introspection and coupleness.

Timeframe: Right after TFA events.

AN: Title inspired by the Sade song "Love is Stronger than Pride"

~~~!

She had hoped they would have years and years to rebuild. The feelings between them often became strained, almost to the breaking point. But somehow, they always found their way together again. Never quite lost the soul-deep caring and trust each held.

In a quiet moment in the days following such momentous upheavals personally and otherwise, Leia found in Han's effects a holo-message to her.

It brought tears to her eyes to hear his much-loved voice and see his confident grin.

"Leia, you know I'm not one for sending messages, sappy or otherwise. We've been running in opposite directions for so long I could almost forget a time when things were better, almost. But hey. I never desert my friends or family. You might not believe this entirely and I can't say I blame you - but I'm here for you. Whenever, for whatever. When this crazy business calms down a bit, the two of us need to talk, really talk, and disappear for a bit. Rediscover the old fire ... I have a feeling it might take some doing, but I think we'll enjoy it."

If only, Leia thought, a might-have/should-have been to top them all! She hated the necessity that had so often drawn them apart. But in the end, their love had been, would always be, stronger than pride, than political ideologies.

It gave her some small comfort, to know that at least.

+++++

@};-

[face_batting]

2. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Beautiful Nyota. :D That sounds like Han and after being told "go home" by Maz, I imagine that is a lot of what he'd want to say to Leia. Despite the loss of Ben, Han and Leia's relationship would always remain that constant.

3. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Enjoyed this tender piece. Great Writing.
    Lynda V.

4. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Nice post! That really sounded like Han, and it was something he'd never send. He probably agonized over that message for hours before tucking it away for later.

Great feelz! Thanks for sharing. :)

5. Penguin_Sith

Penguin_Sith Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2016
    This is well written, I loved it!

Have you read Bloodline? It has a moment or two like this, and it fits Han perfectly.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, and thanks. That was exactly the tone/mood I was going for. The if-only-ness. @};-

7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    While I was not sure if the two were ready to reconcile at the time they reunited prior to Han's demise, it was almost certainly a possibility. Therefore, exploring this option is...chilling, to say the least!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    I think the sense of reconciliation was always there between them, no matter how bad things were between them in TFA. (I'm going by their relationship in Bloodlines, plus I'll choose to believe whatever the frak I want). So Han's message rings true to this H/L devoutist. ;)

Plus...a Sade song...perfect choice. :D

9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I'm one of the annoying perennial optimists who feels like things were never even all that bad between them in TFA—even if they were separated and their relationship was a bit strained, I felt like there was a lot of genuine tenderness in their reuniting scene, and your vignette here fits well with that vibe. Very nice work. :)

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yup, me too. :) That's why I had to write this LOL @};- Leia is a trooper [face_love] and Han is eternally loyal :* so put those together and squee! :D If they'd had the chance they would've made it work, good, better than new. @};-

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  11. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Your fic was heart-warming. Their marriage was not perfect, but there was always respect. And love, against all odds.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    loved the tender piece

13. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    This is nice. I like it.

And I wrote a song called Love Is Stronger. But it had nothing to do with Star Wars.

Ewok Poet likes this.