main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Episode 7/Rouge One Cast Doing Autographs + Photo Ops?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Aaron Halvorson, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Aaron Halvorson

Aaron Halvorson Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2016
    Hey all,

Just wondering and looking ahead to Star Wars Celebration 2017 in Orlando! Just booked up my whole trip today and was very curious.

Seriously, what are the chances that the younger members of the Episode 7 and/or Rogue One cast are out and about to do Autographs and Photo Ops in Orlando? Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Adam Driver, Gwen Christie, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Felicity Jones, etc.? What are the chances any of those do a signing and photo op with fans in Orlando?

I would be thinking the younger members of the Ep. 7 cast may still be a longshot...especially Daisy and Adam...but what about the Rogue One cast? Celebration Orlando will take place after the movie is out...so here's to hoping at least they may be there. I would hope they have more guests in Orlando than in London since it's in the USA this time 'round. And I think so many fans pray and hope some of the newer members of the Star Wars cast are out there to meet their many many fans. What I would do to my love Daisy Ridley. Anybody have any idea that'd be great! :)

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You probably won't hear anything til next year at least. We had plenty of speculation for CE guests and news eventually trickled out much closer to the date.

3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Anyone who answers this thread is just guessing. I'd consider Daisy Ridley and the current cast to be highly unlikely, but I hope I'm wrong. I think there may be a decent chance for some Rogue One guests (Alan Tudyk?), but nobody really knows.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Since Rogue One is a one-off film, it's less likely that the cast will be tied up with filming as was possibly the case with the ep VII actors.

5. Aaron Halvorson

Jan 13, 2016
    I was thinking the same thing. Since the Rogue One cast will likely have a little more time off from filming to come out to Celebration Orlando than the Ep VII actors, perhaps there's a good chance will see some of the main actors there from Rogue One. Would be absolutely awesome to see Felicity Jones swing out for Celebration Orlando or any of her co-stars from the new film. I know Alan Tudyk just did a convention this past weekend meeting fans so that's good to know. I've only been to one Celebration so far (that being this year in London) but I have a feel they've been inviting lots of the guests from the original trilogy typically. Would be cool if they invited some more from the prequel trilogy and sequel trilogy for Orlando. We'll have to wait and see. But more than anything would be fun to see them sneak in a newer actor from Ep. 7. I think those guests were in high demand this year at Celebration Europe 2016. Gotta admit if they invited Daisy as a signing/photo op guest though or another of her co-stars like John, Oscar, Adam, etc., the attendance of Celebration would skyrocket through the roof. I guess we'll have to stay tuned.

6. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Celebration Europe didn't even have them do that!

CaptainRegor likes this.
  7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I would also think that it's more likely that we will see some Rogue One cast in Orlando. This will be their chance of being in the focus, the next Celebrations will be about other films.

8. Aaron Halvorson

Jan 13, 2016
    True. Episode 8 will be the focus of Celebration Orlando. So yeah, might not be as likely we'll see the lead characters/actors in that film do autograph signings and photo ops but ya never know. I bet we'll see a good few Rogue One cast members in Orlando for autographs/photos. If they invited the lovely Felicity Jones to Orlando for that, I would be the happiest man of earth! I've always wanted to meet Daisy of course (as you can tell with my profile pic), but not sure if she'll be out to do signings and stuff yet. But to meet Felicity would be epic! Rey and Jyn are my Top 2 Star Wars characters, I have a gigantic crush on them because they are two remarkable and awesome heroes in the Star Wars universe! Love how badass they are and that's in part because their actresses are absolutely amazing playing those characters! :)

9. Aaron Halvorson

Jan 13, 2016
    I wonder how many more Celebrations it will take until the main Episode 7 cast will be doing signings at Celebration? I read somewhere that is wasn't until Celebration V that Mark Hamill started doing signings/photo ops. I would literally do anything, stay in line all day, to meet some of the new Episode 7 actors. The Force Awakens is my favorite movie of all-time. I got to meet my heroes Mark, Carrie Fischer, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew, etc., this year at Celebration Europe in London. Hoping to add to that list next year by meeting the newer actors from the Episode 7 cast.

Everyone, please send e-mails and Tweets and Facebook comments/Messages to the Star Wars Celebration staff advocating that the Episode 7 cast should be invited to do autographs and photo ops with us! :)

xyloren likes this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I guess it depends on the filming schedules. Most were probably involved with ep VIII when we had CE this year. People like Mark and Carrie had lesser roles for TFA (and possibly VIII) so they were available.

11. Aaron Halvorson

Jan 13, 2016

Very true. I'm very thankful Mark and Carrie could make it out to Celebration Europe this year! It was an absolute honor meeting them! Dream come true meeting the real Luke Skywalker and the real Princess Leia Organa!

Hmm...will be interesting which guests will come for Celebration Orlando. Rogue One and Episode VIII have wrapped filming and by the time Celebration Orlando rolls around they'll probably be shooting the new Han Solo anthology film. So here's to hoping we might see some new Rogue One and Episode VII/VIII cast members for photo ops and signing next year in Orlando. I'm sure we'll have some guests next year in Orlando who will be attending their first ever autograph signing and photo op sessions (at Celebration) with fans. Since Celebration falls on Easter weekend in April, it should be a plenty busy weekend for sure so we will for sure have a huge attendance for Celebration Orlando. The more people that purchase tickets/weekend passes to Celebration Orlando, the more guests that the Celebration staff can invite. Think it's 50/50 we see new Episode VII/VIII guests at Celebration next year for signing/photo ops. Of course, we'll see Daisy, John, Adam, and Oscar at the Episode VIII panel; I'm holding onto hope they also attend the signings/photo ops but I can understand they may not do that until after Episode IX releases...I'm sure they'll have many fans ask them questions about their characters in 8 and 9 and they may not be able to explain those answers. Obviously, Disney and Lucasfilm want to keep everything under lock and key...very top secret. So I can totally understand that...preventing leaks from happening like that. But I can definitely see the Rogue One cast being there for signing/photo ops in Orlando since Rogue One filming is done and the movie will be out on DVD/Bluray by then. My fingers are crossed for Ms. Felicity Jones!

Of course, it's going to be extremely tough to wait for the first guests to be announced for Celebration Orlando...we'll probably not know anything until January as far as the guest list goes but you never know. But I have a feeling the first guest announcement will be someone attending their first Celebration as an autograph guest. So we'll see what happens! I'm excited at the possibilities!

12. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm curious on the photo thing. If say I want to get a pic with someone and I want my son and I in the pic. Do I pay a per person fee? Or is there just one photo fee? I'm taking my ten year old and he's gonna want to do a photo with someone I'm sure.

13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Most cons it's two people per photo, but I think the company that did it for Europe charged per person. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that since I wasn't there.

Also, just so you know what to expect, they whip you through those photo lines very quickly. It's say hi, pose, click and move on. You get maybe 10 seconds with the celebrity. The photos are great, so I'm by no means looking down on it (I plan to get a couple in Orlando), but I just wanted to make sure you realize what it is going into it.

14. GermanBoba

GermanBoba Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2016
  15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    That's dissappointing. I always buy the digital copy when I can. If they're not available in Orlando I'm going to really be on edge about getting the photo back home undamaged. Hopefully a different company does the photos in Orlando. I think I also read the the photos you got in Europe were only 6x9, where as most con photos are an 8x10.

16. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Prebuy a nice thick folder before you go. Sometimes I even store photos in books to keep them nice and crisp.

17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Do you think a folder is better than a poster tube?

18. Aaron Halvorson

Jan 13, 2016

Very true. I was at Celebration Europe as well and it's exactly as star_wars_is_good said about the photo ops (pay per person in the pic).

Yeah that was super cool that the entire Rogue One cast flew in to London just to be present at the panel. Seeing Felicity Jones and company there was amazing. Would've been nice if they would've stuck around for signings but I can understand them not doing that because this was the Celebration that was meant to be about Rogue One. I'm betting that in Orlando we'll see some of the Rogue One cast/crew there to meet fans. As for Daisy and John, who are locals in the London/UK area, I can understand why they weren't part of the signings. It may be a few more years before we see them at a Celebration signing...probably after Episode IX releases. And who knows, perhaps if they decide to make Episodes X thru XII and it stars Daisy and John, might be a little while longer. But I'm hoping after Episode IX hits theaters, we'll all be able to meet Daisy, John, and the rest of the young Episode VII cast. Only way to meet them right now is out in public or on the red carpet. Millions of fans want to meet them!

19. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I would say, if the photo can fit flat in your backpack (I assume your are carrying), then the folder is better. Avoiding to have the photos rolled is best in my opinion.

If you are having 16"x20" photos signed, then of cause a tube is the way to go.

20. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I have been going to celebrations since the first one in Denver and when there's an upcoming movie the cast for it has NEVER signed autographs.The only ones I can think of that did was a few of The OT actors for EP7 {Mark,Carrie,Peter,Anthony Daniels} & Bonnie Piece for EP2.So don't expect any of the EP8 actors to be signing.Maybe we will get Alan Tudyk from R1,but that's because he goes to a lot of shows anyway.

21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    The prequel actors still have never really hit the convention circuit.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  22. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    But when you think about it, the majority of the Prequel cast are still successful actors in their own regard: Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Samuel L. Jackson - the odds of any of them doing a con much less signing autographs all day at a Celebration is slim to none, mostly as they're still busy with their work.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Agreed. Which is probably why it's not real likely to see the new wave of actors anytime soon.

Still...some big current day actors do cons though. Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Chris Evans and Tom Hiddleston have all done Wizard World shows.

24. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    The X factor here is that Disney now owns the franchise and Official Pix (as far as I know anyway) is no longer involved with the guests. Whether or not this means we'll see the new cast or never, ever, ever see them much less get an autograph from them remains to be seen.

25. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    That's a good point. Disney also owns the Marvel franchise and they've done cons.