main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT Star Wars: The Sith Wars

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dark Ferus, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Now my fourth storyline, this time going back to the prequel era. This is how the Clone Wars (called the Sith Wars, you'll see why) would have turned out if Palpatine never existed. Everything else will be the same.

Star Wars: The Sith Wars

About 35 BBY

Jedi Masters Dooku and Qui Gon Jinn walked in the Jedi Temple courtyard. They were in the middle of one of their many political discussions about the stability of the Republic.

"The Jedi Council bows to the wishes of the Republic," Dooku complained. Long ago he had been Qui Gon's master, passing on his unorthodox views regarding the Jedi code. Although he had been a Jedi Master for decades, training four padawans so far and serving the Republic with impeccable devotion, the elderly Dooku could not ignore the flaws of the Jedi Order, or the corruption of the Senate. "They are blinded by their loyalty and fail to see the evil within."

"Master Dooku," Qui Gon replied, "I understand that the council isn't always right, but we are duty bound to obey them." Qui Gon was a middle-aged Jedi Master who was now training his third Padawan, the young Obi Wan Kenobi. His previous apprentice had turned to the dark side, but Obi Wan was turning out to be a model Padawan, headed towards greatness as a Knight.

"We have no choice," Dooku replied, "They have brainwashed us since we were infants, forced us to swallow everything they say."

"Dooku!" exclaimed Qui Gon. He had felt defiant against the Council several times, but Dooku was taking it too far.
    "What exactly are you saying?"

"I'm saying we need a new government," Dooku replied, shaking his fist dramatically, "The Jedi order had become an authoritarian body, and the republic is too weak to deal with them."

Dooku's former Padawan could not believe what he was hearing. Qui Gon's own master, an enemy of democracy.

"What are you going to do?" Qui Gon challenged.

"I am going to do something, something to ensure a United galaxy," replied Dooku, "Even if it goes against the will of the Jedi."

Many light-years away, the Sith Lord Darth Plagueis trained his apprentice, Darth Maul, in the ways of the dark side on the lava planet Mustafar. Currently, the nineteen-year-old Zabrak faced a horde of assassin droids, taking them on with his double bladed lightsaber. Plaguies studied his young Sith apprentice. Maul would be the first of many, and had a long career ahead.

Plagueis had killed his master long ago, as a part of the Sith tradition started by Darth Bane, but Plagueis planned to end the rule of two, and allow a new breed of Sith to rise. He would find more Sith to train, and with Maul as his second in command, lead his army of dark side users in a Great War against the Jedi.

As Maul destroyed the last assassin droids, he walked over to Plagueis and kneeled.

"Master, I have completed the test," he said.

"Excellent, my young apprentice," the hooded Plagueis replied, "It will not be long before we are ready to recruit more Sith."

"When do we strike Coruscant?" asked Maul. He was ready to taste some Jedi blood, preparing his whole life for the conquest. Ever since he was a little boy, Plagueis had trained him in the dark side of the force, to be stronger than the weak, light side using Jedi Knights.

"It will take time, and we will have to be discreet," said Plaguies, "but it is coming soon. The dark side grows hungry for power, and we will satisfy it."

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    32 BBY

Darth Maul met with his Master, Lord Plagueis, in their secret hideout in the underworld of Coruscant. The Sith had made a deal with the Nemodian-run Trade Federation, allowing them all trade routes in the Naboo system in exchange for an invasion. Chancellor Valorum had sent two Jedi, Qui Gon Jinn and his apprentice Obi Wan Kenobi, to settle the dispute, but the droid army had invaded Naboo's capital anyway.

"Our spies have tracked the Queen's ship to Tatooine," reported Maul, "The Jedi are with her."

"Excellent work, Lord Maul," replied Plagueis, "I need you to go to Tatooine and bring the Queen back to Naboo."

"And the Jedi?"

"I bellies they will be accompanied by a young boy," said Plagueis, "Kill the Jedi, and bring the child to me. He will be trained as a Sith and help create our army."

Maul wondered how Plagueis knew all this, but knew not to ask. "It will be done, my master," replied the young Zabrak.

Dooku was deep in meditation in his private quarters when he sensed Master Yoda outside. Though annoyed with the interruption, he stood to face his old master.

"Master Yoda?" he said, bowing with respect.

"A visitor you have, my young apprentice," the ancient Grand Master said. A tall Muun in a simple business suit entered Dooku's chamber.
    The Muun bowed and said. "Master Dooku." Yoda exited as the Munn shut the door and locked it.

"How may I be of service," Dooky inquired politely.

"Let's cut to the chase," the Muun said, "I know you are tired of the corruption of the Republic, and I am someone who can solve it."

"Who exactly are you?" Dooku asked suspiciously.

The Muun seemed to think before answering. "I am Darth Plagueis," he said, "A lord of the Sith."

Dooku froze in shock. He had long been fascinated with the Sith, despite their "evil" ways, but they were supposedly extinct.

The Muun allowed Dooku to sense some of his power, which he had been able to mask from Yoda and the other Jedi.

On instinct, Dooku ignited his green-bladed weapon. "You're a Sith Lord! I should kill you on the spot."

"Yes," Plagueis smiled, "That is what the Jedi order has taught you to do, without any consideration regarding why."

Dooku's blade wavered. The Sith Lord had a point.

"What is so evil about the Sith?" Plagueis challenged, "Are they truly worse than the Jedi?"

Dooku thought about this. The Sith were supposed to be selfish and power hungry, but his seventy years with the Jedi had exposed him to their corruption and greed.

"Is there something you want from me?" How could this Sith mask his presence from all the Jedi right here in the temple?

"I want you to join me, and help revive the Sith Order," said Plagueis, "We will bring down the fascist Jedi Order, and create a stable government."

For all his wisdom and power, Dooku could not think of a counter argument. He could either strike Plagueis down now, or go for help, but that would be succumbing to the propaganda of the Council, that the Jedi were good and the Sith were evil.

"I will consider your offer," decided Dooku, "In any case, I cannot remain a part of the Jedi Order for much longer."

Iron_lord likes this.
  3. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Note- I promise you will see some action soon, this story will be much longer and deeper- layered than my previous ones.

Iron_lord likes this.
  4. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Obi Wan, Qui Gon, Padme, and their party ran across the hangar, firing at battle droids. It was time to take the Theed Palace back from the Trade Federation. As soon as the republic group reached the entrance, it slid open to reveal not one, but two cloaked figures.

"We'll take care of this," Qui Gon said, as he and Obi Wan ignited their Jedi sabers.

"We'll take the long way around," replied Padme. She led her security team back down the hangar.

The Jedi faced the two dark side warriors, who simutaniously removed their hoods. The shorter was a Dathomirian Zabrak with red and black tattoos and horns. The tall Sith was a Muun with bloodshot eyes. The Zabrak ignited his double blades weapon and attacked, while the Muun hurled force lightning at the Jedi.

"I'll take the master!" Qui Gon said, leaping towards Plagueis. Obi Wan blocked Maul's lightsaber attack and struck back,. Maul sprinted down the corridor, while Obi Wan pursued him.

Plagueis ignited his lightsaber as he and Qui Gon circled.
    "Stand down, and you will be spared," promised Qui Gon, "but I am fully prepared to kill."

"I don't doubt that," taunted Plagueis, raising his blade in a defensive stance, "but are you prepared to fight?"

"This is your last warning," said Qui Gon.

Plagueis responded by striking at Qui Gon, who parried and forced the elder Sith's blade back. Qui Gon and Plagueis clashed blades, dueling across the hanger. Although far experienced in lightsaber combat, Qui Gon was barely prepared for the fury of Plagueis' style. He was forced to retreat backwards, on the defensive. Plagueis smiled as he pressed his advantageZ

Maul led Obi Wan to the Theed Power Generator, in the lower levels of the Palace. Obi Wan was sure he could defeat this Sith with Qui Gon, but they had made sure to separate the two. Now, Obi Wan felt worried as he battled the young Zabrak, knowing he wasn't well enough trained to face such a deadly foe. As he fought Darth Maul, Obi Wan made sure to keep his distance from the Sith Lord, making it harder for Maul to use his martial art skills.

Plagueis and Qui Gon continued to duel. As they moved farther along the landing platform, a group of droidekas approached. With all the Naboo soldiers concentrated on the infiltration of the palace, Qui Gon knew he was out manned. Still, numbers meant nothing to a Jedi. Qui Gon force pushed Plagueis back, then turned to deflect the fire from the droidekas. As he managed to destroy the first one, Plagueis charged behind him, ready to strike. Qui Gon turned to defend himself, quickly deflecting both the blaster bolts and Plagueis' blade.

Plagueis aimed a kick at Qui Gon's jaw. Qui Gon jumped back, continuing to deflect the droidekas' blaster fire, but wasn't fast enough to stop Plagueis' blade from entering his stomach.

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    As Obi Wan locked blades with Maul, he suddenly felt a grave disturbance in the force. Something terrible had just happened, a personal loss. No, no it couldn't be. His own master, the great Jedi Master Qui Gon Jinn, the man who had trained Obi Wan and served as a father figure, had been killed by the Sith. It couldn't be!

Allowing his anger and grief to seep into the Force, Obi Wan went all out, leaping in a frenzy at Maul. The Zabrak kicked Obi Wan in the side, sending him into the generator core. Fortunately, Obi Wan just managed to grab onto a power vent just before he could fall to his death. His lightsaber fell out of sight into the core. Ignoring his grief, Obi Wan concentrated all his energy into holding on. He had to defeat the Sith. He knew that despite his training, he was still only a Padawan, and couldn't possibly defeat this Sith without Qui Gon's guidance, let alone his master.

Darth Maul trimphantly circled around the power plant, savoring his victory. His whole life, he had been training for this moment. He was the first Sith in generations to face a Jedi knight, let alone defeat one. This would be a day long remembered indeed.

Soon, however, Maul grew impatient. The young Jedi was still able to hold on to the power vent even after several minutes, and didn't appear to be getting tired. Maul decided he had waited long enough. He struck the ledge with his lightsaber, sending sparks down at the Jedi.
    Suddenly, with a mysterious burst of energy, Obi Wan sprang up, landing behind Maul. Before the young Sith could react, Obi Wan shoved him forwards with sudden, incredible strengthinto the generator core. Taken by surprise, Maul failed to grab onto a power vent and fell down the bottomless shaft.

Exhausted, Obi Wan collapsed on the generator floor. He couldn't bring himself to go on, but he knew he had to. Qui Gon was fatally wounded, meaning that the Sith Master would be coming after Obi Wan. Obi Wan was certainly not prepared to face a second, more powerful Sith, especially with no lightsaber.

Obi Wan stood and hurried out of the generator. As he ran, Obi Wan sensed that Qui Gon was communicating with him from beyond the grave;

Train the boy. He is the chosen one. He will bring balance to the force.

I will, my master, Obi Wan thought. No matter what the council said, no matter his personal views of young Anakin Skywalker, he had to honor Qui Gon's last wish. Obi Wan felt tears, but knew he had to dismiss his feelings for now. There was a battle to win, and he needed to contact the Jedi temple for backup against the Sith Master.

Plagueis reached out with the Force, searching for the younger Jedi. Until just now, Plagueis had expected Kenobi to be much less of a challenge than his master, but he had just sensed that the Padawan had defeated Darth Maul. He knew now that if he was going to target Obi Wan, he would need to do so quickly, before the young man summoned additional Jedi from Coruscant. Not that Plagueis was worried about his chances in battle. Even if stabbed in the hearts with a lightsaber, Plagueis would live on, for he had mastered the secrets of life and death.

For decades, Plagueis had sought even the most forbidden sorcery techniques to advance his life, and through his research he had made himself virtually immortal. He planned to recruit more apprentices with the lure of this power, of course never actually allowing them full use of it.

As Plagueis continued to search for the young Jedi, he realized that Kenobi was deliberately masking his presence in the force. While Plagueis could have found him with effort, he knew that he was already at the risk of discovery. Until Dooku joined him, Plagueis was the only Sith Lord, and could not afford to be discovered. It was time to abandon the plan, and the trade federation. But Plagueis had time on his side, and knew he would eventually raise a Sith army to overtake the Jedi.

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    I am working on Star Wars Utopia right now. Once it is complete, I will return to this story.

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Sorry for the long pause. I was working on the ironically named Utopia, now complete. I will now continue this story.

As he deserves, Qui Gon's funeral was magnificent. Chancellor Valorum was in attendance, as well as the entire Jedi Council, Senator Sio Bibble, the Gungan Army, and the Naboo royal court. Qui Gon's body lay on a stone table as it burned. Only Master Dooku was absent, having disappeared from Coruscant shortly after his former apprentice was reported dead. Perhaps he had gone to grieve in private.

"What will happen to me now?" whispered nine year old Anakin to the hooded Obi Wan, who dressed in traditional mourning robes.

"The council has granted me permission to train you," assured Obi Wan, squeezing Anakin's shoulder, "You will be a Jedi. I promise."

On the other side of the room, Masters Yoda and Mace Windu discussed the turn of events.

"Always two there are," the green Jedi master said, "a master and an apprentice." He had long studied the Sith, and knew it wasn't their way to live in harmony with equals.

"But which was destroyed?" wondered Windu, "the master, or the apprentice?"

At Dooku's estate on his birth planet Serenno, the renegade Jedi Master met with Lord Plagueis.

"I have seen the corruption of the Jedi, and the republic," declared Dooku, "It is my wish to become your student, and learn the ways of the dark side."

"Excellent," replied Plagueis, as they stood in the courtyard, "Together, we will gather more force-sensitives, and raise and army, and with our powers, end the rule of the republic."

"Indeed," said Dooku, "We shall restore order to the galaxy."

"With our knowledge of the force," said Plagueis, more to himself than Dooku, "We shall become immortal, and rule forever." Yes, he intended to cheat death, and command the forces of the Sith for eternity. Dooku was only the second of many apprentices he would train to enforce his will. He would live for centuries, training generations of Sith that would wipe out all light side users, and enemies of the dark side.

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    22 BBY
    Anakin and Padme sat chained in the cart that would lead them to the Geonosian execution arena. They had endured so much together, fighting off their personal feelings, but it had all led to this, capture by the Sith Lord Count Dooku and execution at the hands of savage beasts.

"I've been dying a little bit each day since you came back into my life," admitted Padme, looking into Anakin's eyes.

"What are you saying?" the teenage Jedi Padawan replied. Was she finally confessing her feelings? Anakin had sensed them in her, from Naboo to Tatooine to now, but she had vowed to put her duty as a senator before her personal life.

"Before we die," whispered Padme, "I want you to know that I truly, deeply love you."

"I thought we were going to live a lie," replied Anakin, "that our love would destroy us."

"I think our lives are about to be destroyed anyway," sighed Padme sadly. The cart moved out into the arena, where Obi Wan was chained to a pole. He looked at Anakin and Padme as a Geonosian guard led them to their poles to be chained.

"I was beginning to worry you hadn't gotten my message," remarked Obi Wan causally, as if he wasn't facing death.

"Sorry we're late," Anakin replied as he was chained to the post, "we came to rescue you."

"Good job," muttered Obi Wan, looking at the tunnels containing the beasts that would devour them. Up on the platform above, Count Dooku stood with various allies. On his right stood the bounty hunter Jango Fett, who Obi Wan had tracked to Geonosis while investigating an attempt on Senator Padme Amidala's life. On his left stood Asajj Ventress, one of the several Sith apprentice Dooku and Plagueis had trained over the past ten years. Behind them stood Savage Oppress, a recruit from the night brothers of Dathomir, the assassin-turned-Sith Granta Omega, and the former bounty hunter Aurra Sing. Several other apprentices stood in the stands, among the Geonosians that had come to watch the executions of the Jedi and Republic Senator.

From his chamber on Mygeeto, Plagueis watched the scene via hologram, studying young Skywwalker in particular. He knew all three prisoners would survive, of course, this was all a trap for the Jedi en route to rescue them. That would initiate a battle between the Jedi and Sith, starting the war, which Plagueis expected to last for many years before he won. He had no intention of slaying Anakin, he knew the m boy was extremely strong in the force, with the power of the whole Jedi council. Plagueis needed to stay behind the scenes for now, knowing Anakin would eventually seek him out for powers only he possessed, the power to stop death.

Plaguies watched through the hologram as Padme managed to climb up the pillar as the nexu approached. Soon, all three prisoners had escaped from the bonds and were managing to hold off the beasts meant to kill them.

"This isn't how it's supposed to go!" raged Savage Oppress, "Let me go down and kill them."
    "Patience," replied Dooku calmly, "They will die."

The Sith and Jango did not notice the group of Jedi approaching until it was too late. All of the sudden, Mace Windu, Ki Adi Mundi, Luminara Unduli, and Coleman Trebor all ignited their blades right behind the Sith.

"Your plotting is at an end, Dooku!" declared Mace Windu as Coleman Trebor quickly decaptiated Omega. The remaining Sith all activated their blades. Suddenly, many Jedi and Sith lightsabers ignited throughout the arena, ready for battle.

"Master Windu, my old friend," said Dooku pleasantly, "I'm surprised to see you out here."

"You've gone too far," Mundi said.

The gates of the arena opened. A surprising number of Sith charged through, ready to fight the Jedi. Mace quickly engaged Dooku in combat, as Mundi and Trebor took on Oppress and Sing, and Luminara Unduli took on Ventress.

Before long, Anakin and Obi Wan were able to take lightsabers from fallen Jedi, while Padme used the blaster of a dead Geonosian guard. Anakin stuck close to Padme, defending her from Sith attacks. How had Dooku gained such a large army in just ten years?

Plagueis watched as the surviving Jedi and Padme were surrounded by the Sith army, largely consisting of Dathormirians and former bounty hunters and assassins, carrying both blasters and lightsabers. He had instructed his soldiers specifically not to kill the former Queen, as she would play an important role in the conversion of Anakin, the chosen one destined to defeat the Jedi and bring balance to the force.

Suddenly, as the Jedi were refusing to surrender to Dooku, Plagueis could see republic gunships swarming the arena. He sensed that one contained Master Yoda, the most powerful Jedi in the order. The rest of the gunships were filled by... were those clones? Had the Jedi requested a clone army for the republic, or had an outside force placed the order. Plagueis wondered if one in his own order was plotting against him, using him for their own means.

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    19 BBY

Above Coruscant, a furious space battle raged. Over the three years of the Sith Wars, Plagueis had commissioned a droid army to compensate for the limited number of Sith pupils he could find. Now, Asajj Ventress has successfully kidnapped Chancellor Valorum (who had managed to stay in office years after his terms were over due to emergency powers granted by the senate) and was keeping him on her command ship Invisible Hand.

Anakin and Obi Wan entered Ventress' private chamber, where Valorum was chained to a chair.

"Chancellor, I hope you're well," Obi Wan said gracefully, bowing.

"Are you all right?" asked Anakin. Valorum looked ten years older than his already old age.

"Count Dooku," Valorum said, looking past the two Jedi Knights.

Flanked by two Super Battle Droids, Count Dooku walked down the stairs of Ventress' private quarters.

"Your weapons please," he said in his false diplomatic manner, "We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor."

"Get help," urged Valorum, "You're no match for him! He's a Sith Lord!"

"Chancellor Valorum, Sith Lords are our speciality," replied Obi Wan as he ignited his lightsaber. After all, they had defeated several during the Clone Wars, most recently Darth Desolus.

"You won't get away this time, Dooku," Anakin threatened, holding his weapon at the ready.

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Anakin and Dooku now fought alone, Obi Wan having been knocked unconscious. The two men clashed blades as they moved across the floor.
    "I sense great fear in you, Skywalker," taunted Dooku, "You have hate. You have anger. But you don't use them." As Anakin met Dooku's blade, he fought to control his feelings. He had already succumbed to evil temptation, and was determined not to go down that road again.
    But as he fought, Anakin found himself tapping into his darker nature, increasing his aggression. As he locked blades with Dooku, Anakin stared hatefully in the elderly Sith's eyes. Dooky had defeated and humiliated Anakin on Geonosis, and taken the lives of many Jedi. Anakin's lightsaber pushed Dooku's back, then cut throught both his arms.

Dooku dropped to his knees in defeat, looking up helplessly at Anakin. Anakin glared back. Don't give in to temptation, he heard Qui Gon telling him.

"Good, Anakin, good," Valorum said proudly. He had befriended Anakin during the young man's training on Coruscant and was pleased to see that he was not allowing the Jedi restraints to limit him from his full potential.

Dooku looked up, showing fear for the first time since Anakin had encountered him. It gave him pleasure to see this, but he fought to get rid of it. He was just doing his job as a Jedi.

"Send a communication to the command bridge," Valorum ordered, "Ventress will have to stand down."

Anakin deactivated the lightsabers Dooku wasn't going anywhere.

Asajj Ventress paced the control room of the Invisible Hand, watching as the Republic ships fired at it. She sensed something had gone wrong, not according to plan. Her master Dooku had created to clone army in secret, hoping to depose Plagueis.

Suddenly, the hologram of Valorum appeared on the communication table.

"Chancellor Valorum," said Ventress in a dangerous voice, "I trust you guards are treating you well."

"Indeed they are," replied Valorun calmly. The hologram revealed Skywalker standing over Dooku, on his knees and looking terrified. Ventress gasped in horror. This great man was reduced to a hostage, his life on the line.

"Ventress," Skywalker said angrily, "You will order your fleet to retreat, and you will land this cruiser on Coruscant, or Dooku dies."

"He won't kill me," Dooku promised, "It's not in the Jedi way, and he needs me alive." He appeared to be trying to assure himself more than Ventress.

"Try me," Anakin challenged. He was beginning to forget his resolve not to give in to hate again. The sight of Ventress and Dooku reviled him, they both deserved to die.

Ventress reached at the hologram. She grabbed Valorum with the force, slowly halting his breath.

"Or maybe you should release Dooku," Ventress countered, "Or I can kill your precious chancellor, all the way from across the ship."

It was a stalemate.

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Anakin thought as hard as he could, searching for a way out. If only Obi Wan were conscious to help. Valorum continued to suffocate as Ventress held him with the force.
    "You've annoyed me for the last time," Anakin said to the hologram.
    "What are you going to do now?" Ventress teased, "Bore me to death?"

Chancellor Valorum dropped dead, the air squeezed out of him.

"You're going to pay for this with your life!" Anakin said, "Now, Dooku dies!" He felt his rage surging through him.

Dooku looked at Ventress with anger and fear. She had killed the chancellor too soon, now he would be killed.

"Wait!" Dooku yelled desperately to Anakin, "I have important information, about my master!"

"Don't kill him just yet," a voice said from the floor. Anakin looked around. Obi Wan was still unconscious, it wasn't him speaking.
    He looked down at the very much alive Valorum. It was a miracle, as if some unknown force had prevented the chancellor from death, a presence hidden but nearby.

"We need to know about the other Sith, his Muun master," Valorum said.
    Anakin was so relieved, he didn't care. He could have hugged Valorum right then and there.

Just then, Obi Wan awoke also. "Did I miss much?" He saw Dooku on his knees and Ventress through the hologram. "Oh." He grinned at Anakin.

"Well, it's three to one," Anakin said, "Land the ship."

Ventress gazed at her helpless master. "Very well," she grumbled, "Prepare to land!" she said over the radio to the droid pilots.

They had won. Ventress and Dooku were both their prisoners, Valorum was okay, and Anakin would finally see Padme after six months in the outer rim. As the Invisible Hand descended, Anakin felt as good as he did at nine years old, when he had won the Boonta eve classic.

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    In his office that night, Valorum spoke to a hologram. He wasn't exactly sure why he was there, who it was, or what made him want to obey the Muun in the hologram, but he did.

"Chancellor," said the Muun, "Are you sure we are alone?"

"I've given my guards the evening off, and I've sealed all entrances to my private office." The Muun waved his hand, sending Valorum into an obedient state.

"How is our friend Skywalker today?" Plagueis asked gently.

"Right now," Valorum replied, "He is in his wife's apartment, having a nightmare that she will die in childbirth." He didn't know how he knew this, but as he spoke to the Muun, he felt very insightful, like he knew everything. He never felt that way in the world of politics.

"As is according to plan," said Plagueis from his unknown location, "Soon, he will want to know the secrets of the dark side. Allow him to discover my existence, and let it slip that I can save the woman he loves from death." Because Valorum was such a valuable spy, Plagueis had stopped Ventress from killing Valorum. Shortly after being arrested by republic officials, Ventress had mysteriously died in custody. Dooku was still alive, but that was part of the plan.

"You're a genius, my lord," Valorum said without knowing why. It was like some external force was controlling his thoughts. No matter, as long as this holographic Muun got what he wanted.

Chancellor Valorum and Anakin sat in the opera house. Anakin had been ordered to spy on Valorum by the Jedi council, suspecting that he was under the control of a Sith Lord. Although the Sith had been mostly destroyed during the war, at least one known Sith lived on, the one with Darth Maul on Naboo all those years ago. Until this dark lord was stopped, the Sith Wars would continue.

"The Jedi council asked you to do something dishonest, didn't they?" asked Valorum innocently. Even without the force, he sensed the troubledness of the young Jedi.

"I know they don't trust you," Anakin admitted. He didn't know what to do. Valorum, this good man who had guided him in ways Obi Wan never could, was supposed to be his target.

"They asked you to spy on me, didn't they?" Valorum said.

Anakin nodded.

"Do you know of a Sith Lord named Darth Plagueis the wise?" Valorum asked.
    Anakin shook his head.

"I thought not," the chancellor replied, "the Jedi would not want you to find him."

"What's so special about Plagueis?"

"Rumor has it that Darth Plagueis has the ability to create life," said Valorum slowly, as if he were enjoying the concept, "and to stop death."

As expected, this got Anakin's attention. "How does he do that?"

"The dark side of the force," said Valorum, still sounding like he admired it, "is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural." He smiled devilishly as a shiver went up Anakin's spine.

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Anakin ran into the Jedi Templr conference room, where Mace Windu had just finished speaking to Commander Cody.

"Master Windu," he said, "Chancellor Valorum..."

"Skywalker, what happened?" Windu frowned, "Are you all right?"

"Don't kill him, please don't kill him," Anakin slurred.

Mace suddenly seemed very alarmed, more than ever. "Have you been drugged?"

"Master, I think the chancellor might be a Sith Lord!"

Mace froze. So this was it. All the jedi had fought for, all the losses, had been for nothing. The Sith had been pulling the strings from both sides the whole time.

"Are you sure?"

"He was talking about the dark side," Anakin said, "He knows a lot about Plagueis, the Muun from Naboo."

"This is worse than I feared," Windu said, "Wait in the council chamber until I return."

Mace Windu entered the office of Chancellor Valorum, followed by Masters Saese Tinn, Kit Fisto and Agen Kolar. All four masters held their lightsabers, ready to combat this deadly foe.

"Master Windu," Valorum nodded. The trance-like feeling that had overcome him for months was now gone, "I take it Savage Oppress has been defeated."

"In the name of the galactic senate of the republic, you're under arrest my lord," Windu declared. He and his fellow masters ignited their blades.

"It's treason then!" Valorum exclaimed. Mace prepared for him to strike, but instead Valorum pressed a button on his desk.

"Help, help!" he shouted, "the Jedi are taking over!"

"Come with us now!" Windu ordered. Valorum drew a small blaster from his cloak. He fired at Windu, who deflected the bolt back. Valorum ducked behind the desk as shock troopers entered the office, opening fire. The four masters did not expect this, and Tinn and Kolar quickly fell.

"No!" Fisto shouted as he sliced through three clones. Windu lunged at Valorum, slamming him against the window.
    Mace Windu lunged at Valorum, slamming him against the window, which shattered. His determination to end the war and bring the dark lord to justice, as well as the sudden deaths of his friends, deflated all reason from his head.

More shock troopers entered, overwhelming Fisto. As he collapsed under fire, Anakin burst into the room.

"Stop!" he shouted, "Don't kill him!"

"The oppression of the Sith will never return!" Mace shouted.

"You see what he's accusing me of?" Valorum exclaimed, "Being a Sith Lord!"

"I need him!" Anakin said, "I have to save Padme!"

"Stop this you will!" Yoda declared as he and Obi Wan burst in.

"Anakin, are you all right?" Obi Wan asked.

"Innocent of being a Sith, the chancellor is," Yoda said to Windu. Windu sheepishly released Valorum; who picked up his blaster. The clones lay dead on the senate floor.

"I was acting based on what Skywalker told me," Windu explained. He was certainly not going to take responsibility.

Valorum turned on Anakin in shock. "You told them I was a Sith Lord? How could you betray my friendship, accuse me of something so terrible?"

"He told me that Plagueis, the master that killed Qui Gon, could teach me to save Padme," Anakin blurted out. He no longer cared about being a Jedi, just saving Padme from his nightmares.

Obi Wan silently warned Anakin not to give too much away. He had known the whole time, but the last thing he wanted was for Anakin to be expelled.

"My wife, Senator Amidala, is pregnant," Anakin said. it felt good not to hide the truth and to get rid of the deception. "She's going to die soon and if I don't save her, there'll be hell to pay."

"More serious than I realized, this is," Yoda said, "A shame it is, that the chosen one cannot hold the ideals of the Jedi order."

"So I'm expelled?" Anakin asked. The sooner he and Padme were off Coruscant, the better.

"Taken away, your lightsaber will be," Yoda said, "Into exile, you must go young Skywalker."

"Master Yoda, please..." Obi Wan began. This was worse than any scenario he had imagined.

"No excuse there is," Yoda interrupted, as close to rage as he ever had been in his 877 years, "Failed the Jedi order, young Skywalker has."

The rain poured harder than ever outside the chancellors office.

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    "You've been expelled?" Padme exclaimed in a mixture of shock, anger, disappointment, and sympathy.

"Padme, it doesn't matter, the Jedi order has done nothing for me," Anakin said softly, stroking her hair, "All that matters is out family."

"They're your family!" gasped Padme, "How could you say that about them?"

"Mace Windu isn't my family, and niether is Yoda. Now, nothing will stop us from being together." Anakin chose not to mention his intention to seek out Darth Plagueis to learn how to stop Padme from dying.

"Anakin, you had a duty to the republic," Padme said firmly, "You let our secret be discovered!"

"My duty to the republic is to protect you!" Anakin argued, "That's all I care about! Chancellor Valorum is against me now, and Obi Wan won't help me if Yoda says not to!"

Padme paced the apartment floor in panic. "I'm not going to be allowed to serve," she fretted, "This scandal will ruin my whole career!"

"Nobody needs to know," Anakin said more calmly, "We can hide together, and raise our child."

Padme stopped pacing as she collected herself. "We'll go have the baby on Naboo, and then leave forever."

If only I can find this Plagueis before then, Anakin thought, then forever can happen for us. He knew time was running out.

Count Dooku sat alone in his cell. He had long given up on hope of escape, fully aware that he was alive because of Skywalker's virtues.

He had once been a great Jedi Master, and an even greater Sith Lord. But none of that had mattered. He had used Plagueis and the Sith for his own means, to create a better republic. He had commissioned the clone army in order to oppose the Sith, he knew they would only channel the galactic chaos.
    Now, his life's ambitions and achievements meant nothing, because of Anakin Skywalker. Dooku was reduced to prison life, the life many of his victims had led.

Dooku did not return from his meditation as he sensed a clone guard enter his cell.

"You have a visitor," the clone said. Dooku opened his ancient eyes as the chosen one himself entered, looking calm with a hint of destruction.

"Hello, Dooku," Skywalker said tonelessly, "I trust your needs are being met in prison?" It did not escape Dooku that Skywalker was mocking his aristocratic lifestyle on his homeworld Serenno.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of your supreme, exalted presence, Master Skywalker?" Dooku asked in kind, "Or are you still a knight?" Two could play at that game.

Anakin's polite demeanor dropped at the reminder of his failure."I know you know where Plagueis is," he snapped, "Tell me where he is now!"

"Ah, but what do you need to ask questions for, with your extraordinary lightsaber skills?" Dooku asked in a false admiring voice, "Where is your lightsaber anyway?"

Anakin closed and locked the cell door with the force. He lifted Dooku and pinned him to the ceiling.
    "Where is your master?"

"Aww, someone's afraid to lose his sweetheart."

Anakin used the force to grab Dooku's throat, slowly squeezing it. Dooku's eyes widened as he realized
    the extent of Skywalker's power.

"This is your last chance," Anakin warned, "Tell me or die."

"Mygeeto..." gasped Dooku, "Plagueis is on...Mygeeto."

He had refused to talk for the sake of pride, not to protect Plagueis, but in the end his life was more important than anything.

Anakin let Dooku drop to the floor. Dooku landed in an embarrassing fashion, seething in hate as Skywalker left. His one comfort was that the boy would live long in misery, tragedy very near in his future.

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Plagueis had failed, but succeeded at the same time. Although the Sith and separatist forces had been largely destroyed by the Jedi order, and his puppet Valorum had been kicked out of office, Anakin Skywalker had come to learn from him, an individual with greater power than Maul, Dooku or Ventress put together.
    Anakin and Padme had now lived in exile on Corellia for four months. Padme was now eight months pregnant, nearing death as far as Anakin was concerned. Fortunately, he was prepared to save her. As the civilian couple dined in their manor one ordinary spring evening, Anakin was suddenly reminded of a better time, on Naboo, when he had demonstrated his force powers to her using fruit.
    "Ow!" shouted Padme suddenly, clutching her womb.
    Anakin leapt to his feet. "What's wrong, Padme?"
    "I think I'm having contractions!" Padme shouTed, "Get my medical droid."
    It was go time. Anakin rushed up the stairs into their bedroom. Grabbing his comlink, he said, "My lord, I need you here now!"
    "I'm on my way!" the Muun on the other end replied. Anakin ran back downstairs.

"You're going to be okay," he promised Padme, "I've summoned the best medical doctor to help."

"I don't...need," Padme began, but the pain was preventing her from speaking.

Plagueis hurried on his speeder towards the Skywalker manor on Corellia. Ever since Skywalker had come to him months earlier, Plaguies had patiently agreed to help him in exchange for Skywalker's help, of course unbeknownst to Padme Amidala. From what Darth Plagueis knew about the former Senator, she would never approve of her husband being a Sith apprentice. Plagueis knew Anakin would need time to get attached to his new family, until the Sith were ready to retake the republic. Then, he'd allow Padme and the child to die.

Plagueis burst into the manor, followed by a confused Threepio.

"Mi lady, you have a..."

"This is Doctor Hego Damask," Anakin said, "He is the greatest medicine man in the galaxy."

Padme continued screaming. Plagueis placed his hand over her womb, calming her nerves. He concentrated with the force, willing Padme to live.

"Do you feel the baby coming?" Plagueis asked. Padme nodded.

"Be careful with her please!" Threepio said fretfully. Anakin patted the protocol droid's shoulder in reassurance.

"Good," Dr. Damask replied, "Just relax and take deep breaths." Padme did as the elderly Munn instructed. Anakin knelt down, ready to deliver the baby.

A few minutes later, Padme rocked a healthy baby boy in her arms. "We'll name him Luke," she decided.

"That's perfect," Anakin whispered. He was so happy, and so relieved that Padme was okay, and they had a son.

Plagueis watched from a respectful distance.

Suddenly, Padme bent over in pain. "Doctor!" Anakin exclaimed, taking baby Luke. Dr. Damask rushed to Padme and helped her sit on the couch. He concentrated again on her life force, and keeping it intact.

A moment later, a healthy girl had come out as well, and Padme held her while Anakin rocked Luke.

"Our beautiful family," remarked Anakin, "Our future is better than ever."

"I wouldn't want it any other way," said Padme joyfully. Anakin bent down and kissed her.

Yes, don't be afraid to feel, Plaguieis thought. Small comfort, but soon this whole business would be done with and he could proceed with his plan.

On Coruscant, Master Yoda sensed a grave disturbance in the force. He awoke from his meditation and headed for Obi Wan's quarters.

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    "What is it, Master Yoda?" Obi Wan asked.

Yoda hobbled over to a chair and sat down.

"Grave danger, I sense in the galaxy's future." After Valorum's removal from office, the Jedi had declared temporary rule over the republic, until a new chancellor could be elected.

"You sense the dark side?"

"Unless act we do, doomed are the offspring of Skywalker ."

Obi Wan stood up. "Anakin and Padme had the babies? That's wonderful!" This was the first he'd heard of his old friend in months (he was not allowed to contact Anakin). "How should they be in danger?" Several emotions passed through Obi Wan; joy, resentment, concern, sadness.

"Influenced by the Sith, your old Padawan is," Yoda replied, "Raised to hate us, the infants could be."

"The Sith were defeated," Obi Wan pointed out, "Savage Oppress was the last one."

"No, alive, one still is," Yoda reminded him, "The master of Darth Maul."

"The Muun who killed Qui Gon," Obi Wan remembered, "Where is he?"

"Sense him in the force, I cannot," Yoda replied sadly, "only that he had corrupted the Chosen one."

"What do we do about it?" Obi Wan flooded with worry. He hadn't seen or heard from Anakin or Padme since they had left Coruscant together and disappeared. Since his best friend, his brother, had been tome from his life, Obi Wan had not felt the same, he had lost his sense of purpose.
    Now, his old friend was in danger, as well as his family.

"Your friend, young Skywalker is," Yoda said, "Bonded with him in the force, you are."

Obi Wan closed his eyes and concentrated. He focused on Anakin's force presence, however distant it may be.

"I sense him," Obi Wan said, "Him and another force presence nearby."
    "What, what do you see?"

"I see... I see the Sith! He's turning Anakin!"

"Act quickly, we must," Yoda said, "Stop this from spiraling out of control."

Padme sat on her and Anakin's bed, nursing Luke and Leia. The difficulty of exile and isolation from her beloved Naboo had been malignant at first, but she had grown to love her life with Anakin, and with her twins. Still, she lined for her old life, involved with her republic and the politics of her homeworld.

Threepio entered the bedroom. "Mistress Padme, you have most important visitors," the golden protocol droid said.
    "Watch the babies," Padme ordered as she hurried downstairs. She found two figures waiting in the living room, one tall and one short. The tall man withdrew his cloak and said with poorly disguised pleasure, "Its really good to see you, Padme."

Padme froze and gaped at him. She never thought she'd see him again. "Obi Wan!" she exclaimed, throwing her arms around his neck. Yoda frowned in annoyance.

"What are you two doing here?" How did you find us, she thought, glancing at Yoda in sudden suspicion.

"

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Yoda saw no point in beating around the bush.
    "Take the twins we must," he said bluntly, "Train them as Jedi."

"I'm sorry Padme," Obi Wan added.

Padme was silent. If the Jedi wanted Luke and Leia, that meant they were both force sensitive. That meant that if Padme did not give up her two children, the surviving dark lord would be more likely to find them. But Padme didn't want to give them up, they were among the only distractions from her miserable time away from galactic politics.
    "I can't," Padme decided, "I'm sorry masters, I just can't give them up." Anakin could defend them from the Sith if he found them.

"A choice, you do not have," Yoda said. He understood the lack of morality in his thinking, but the fate of the Jedi and republic were more important than family togetherness.

"It's for the best," Obi Wan added in attempted comfort. He reached for Padme's shoulder but she stepped away.

"I'm not giving you my children!"

"Remind you I must, that the chosen one, you have cost us," Yoda snapped. From this conversation alone, Padme saw how lack of order in the republic had made the Jedi more authoritarian and controlling.

"Padme, what's going on," said Anakin from the garage. Obi Wan tensed at hearing his friend's voice again.

Anakin entered the living room and froze when he saw Obi Wan and Yoda. Unlike Padme however, his initial reaction was not one of warmth. He wondered how he had not sensed their presence, especially Obi Wan.

"What are you two doing here?"

"Anakin..."Obi Wan began gently, but Yoda cut him off.

"Give us your children now," Yoda ordered, withdrawing his lightsaber from his cloak. Padme stepped back in horror.

"Obi Wan, do something!"

Before anyone could react, Anakin raised his arms and unexpectedly fired lightning at Yoda, sending the unsuspecting Jedi master across the room. Padme screamed in shock and terror as Obi Wan drew his blade.

"Get the babies out of here!" Obi Wan yelled. Padme ran upstairs as Anakin fired more bolts at Yoda, who activated his own saber.

"Fallen to the dark side, you have," he observed, "Suffer your fate, your offspring will not."

"You wouldn't let me save her!" Anakin shot back, "I had to turn to Plagueis!"

Obi Wan stepped in. "Anakin," he said as calmly as he could, "If you tell us where Plagueis is, and allow us to take your children, we will leave in peace."

"You won't have to look much further," a voice said. A hooded Muun entered from the garage, lightsaber in hand. He tossed a second weapon to Anakin, who ignited it. Obi Wan raced upstairs after Padme and the babies. Yoda stood to face Anakin and Plagueis alone.

Iron_lord likes this.