main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unpopular Star Wars opinions!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. DarthVyos

DarthVyos Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2016
    Well sweet! I never watched the Clone Wars, so I'm unfamiliar with the original character. But I like how they made his appearance Original Trilogy-friendly in Rogue One with the wizardy space suit and philosopher's messy phro hair!

I'm so excited to see the movie! :)

2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    It is cool, but why can't a stable Jedi version exist?
    Think about the double bladed lightsaber being Maul's weapon and then many Jedi in the EU having one.

It was only a small easter egg!

Anakin and Grievous don't meet in the show, they are teased and seen close by but never do they meet face to face.

DARTH_BELO, Iron_lord and darskpine10 like this.
  3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

If you can have stable red blades - maybe you can have unstable green blades.

And if technology is prone to regress - maybe you can have a stable crossguard lightsaber - with has the guards not to siphon off excess energy, but to jab with - like Kylo does to Finn - with the instability of Kylo's lightsaber being because he's not as good at making it as the Old Republic Jedi were.

Emperor Ferus and Darthmaul208 like this.
  4. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    TCW would have been better off without Ahsoka or having Ahsoka be someone else's apprentice (her time with Plo Koon was when I actually enjoyed her being on screen).

5. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    The only reason Boba Fett is not the single most overrated character in all of SW media is because he's not in fact a character at all - he's a glorified plot device and his ''anti-climactic'' end was more than apt. Jango Fett on the other hand is a legitimately awesome character who went down far too easily.

6. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Palpatine, I think, is overused in the prequels. His only appearance should have been a cameo in ROTS, possibly only as a hologram, and Dooku should have had his role in the prequels, with Darth Maul in the role that Dooku played. Palpatine would command them both from the shadows, only being seen after Vader kills his new Sith Master Dooku.

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Oh come on, you know the old saying...

"Like father like son"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    If only that was true!

9. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Daisy Ridley's acting was worse than Hayden Christensens

10. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    These are all true:

Episode I (The Phantom Menace) is tied as my favourite Star Wars movie with VII (The Force Awakens)
    I like TCW and Rebels more then any of the movies.
    I like that they brought Maul back.
    I love the Mortis arc in TCW.
    Midiclorians is one of the best things in Star Wars.
    Kid Anakin and II-III Anakin were both wonderful in their respective movies.
    Not a big Dooku or Grievous fan.
    Not a Palpatine fan.

SuperPersch likes this.
  11. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014

Very much this.

wobbits and Valency Jane like this.
  12. Talos of Atmora

Jul 3, 2016
    While I see where you're coming from and prefer Jango Fett (Open Seasons, bitches!), I think Boba Fett's escape from the Sarlaac gets an inordinate amount of hate given the fact that he actually had some good character moments in the post-ROTJ EU and the Dark Times. Still, Jango Fett is better.

Valency Jane and Emperor Ferus like this.
  13. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    For me that's sort of the problem. The EU made Boba into this legendary badass bounty hunting demigod when literally the only thing of any note he actually did was get a little bit snarky with Vader on one occasion - so he's got balls of pure adamantium but given Vader was very specifically telling him not to disintegrate the targets this time suggests he'd done so at least once before. He was smart to spot Han's trick in latching onto the Star Destroyer but his ''amazing tracking'' was following a ship that couldn't even jump to hyperspace. He was literally just chugging along for a few weeks/months whilst avoiding notice. That doesn't scream ''badass'' to me.

Jango on the other hand gave Obi-Wan a good fight and depending on perspective actually won the fight on Kamino or at least held a Jedi Master to a draw. And given he deliberately if misguidedly went after Mace ''Bad Mutha******'' Windu shows that Boba's big danglies were inherited!

14. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    My possibly unpopular opinion on Jango Fett is that he was a cynical way of getting the costume in to the movie, IMO there is no good reason to have clone troopers and (some) storm troopers effectively being Boba Fett in all but outfit. Just another unnecessary PT-OT link I feel. People complain about TFA being fan service, but theres one huge example of fan service right there with Jango.

missile, Valency Jane, Sarge and 3 others like this.
  15. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    I would actually agree with most of that, with the caveat that for me Jango did do enough to be a viable and important character in his own right in addition to getting the famous armour into the prequels. Yes it's fanservice but it is at least fanservice that serves a plot purpose as well.

Chancellor Yoda and Valency Jane like this.
  16. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I like his portrayal in Legacy of the Force, it shows his more positive, humane side without making him less ruthless or badass.

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    My unpopular opinion is that Luke is my least favorite character. [face_whistling]

I would rather get more of pretty much any of the supporting/minor/background characters over him.

*lets the shock settle in; quickly leaves before tomatoes are thrown her way* :p

Oh, and I much prefer Jango to Boba Fett. Jango to me is infinitely cooler and more bad***.
    (Well, except for the HS. Boba was cool in that. :p)
    I hadn't thought of it being fan service till reading y'all's comments; it'll be interesting to think of him in that perspective next time I watch AOTC! :) But for the most part my opinion's pretty much in line w/ @jakobitis89's:

18. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Perhaps this is true, although they are nearly identical for a thematic reason, but I just randomly wanted to mention that this idea was actually not George's. Someone working on AOTC really wanted the clones to use stormtrooper-esque outfits. This apparently convinced George, as he did include it. On another note, although none of what made it to the film on this subject bothers me, I do agree that I think the inclusion of the Fetts was a nod to the fans. If fans hadn't latched so much onto Boba, I doubt you would have ever seen him again after ROTJ.

Sith-I-5, Ezon Pin and Valency Jane like this.
  19. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Hmmm...

The concept of Boba being a trooper or a clone was an idea way before the prequels.

Jango can be justified as a nod, a thematic narrative and a reused idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Talos of Atmora

Jul 3, 2016
    [​IMG]

This comic alone made Jango Fett worth it.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  21. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    Though it does mean that those Jedi were the absolute pits, Obi-Wan is a Shaft-grade badass or Jango got really, really rusty and out of shape, given their fight on Kamino ended up in a draw - and this time with a freaking starship backing up Jango and Obi-Wan losing his lightsaber early on.

22. Talos of Atmora

Jul 3, 2016
    Yeah, because I'm sure every Jedi is at the same level of combat ability as the guy that would become one of the Jedi High Generals of the Republic. Of course. You're also forgetting that the Mandalorians have been fighting the Jedi since the days of the Old Republic so these are two adversaries who have been at war with one another for a long time. It's not like he's kicking Dooku's ass (he's in this comic) in this thing either.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  23. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    Whoa there fella, I was kidding. But in all seriousness, whilst a Mandalorian might well be able to fight a Jedi one on one (Vizsla did it more than once) but one dude beating three or four at once with his bare hands has more than a faint whiff of plot armour. And that's fine, it's fun, and really not worth getting worked up over.

missile, KaleeshEyes and Sarge like this.
  24. Talos of Atmora

Jul 3, 2016
  25. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Unpopular opinion: I've never watched a single episode of TCW or Rebels. And at this point, I really don't care.

Sorry gang, no time. No interest.

Howard Hand and Valency Jane like this.