main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Greatest Theft EVER" (AU X-over; LOTF era, SkySolos, Fels, Imperials, G/R; April Fool's ... ?)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Onderon1, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    A/N: This admittedly insane little bunny is as much parody as nod ... but as wiser voices have pointed out, there's always a little truth in legends ... ;)

And yes, I'm a 'fic dino. I remember when one of these 'ships was ALL the rage elsewhere ... :p
    "
    -----------------------------------------------
    40 ABY: Bastion, Imperial Remnant:
    -----------------------------------------------

The space battle between Daala's supporters and the Empire of the Hand - the latter supported by the Galactic Alliance, who'd thrown in out of the concept of "better the Imperials we know" - was dying down.

It was finally safe to descend to the surface of the savaged heart of the Remnant; the civil war, between those who'd backed the unpredictable and scorned ex-lover of Tarkin and the more reform-minded Moffs who'd backed Jagged Fel's push for leadership, had been a mess nobody had needed.

Bad enough we have our own problems with those new Sith from the Outer Rim. But we want to help our friends, too, Luke thought, scanning the scene of the battle at the Imperial Palace as he, Mara, Han, Leia, Chewie, Anakin, Tahiri, Rey, and Jaina made their way forward.

Ben and the rest of the younger Skywalker and Solo children were, at least, safe back on Tython; Ossus had long ago been evacuated once the first inkling of the Kesh "Sith Tribe" had been detected. The other praxia, scattered throughout the galaxy, had gone quiet (half of them were in secret, to prevent another Purge from ever happening again).

Jacen was back on Coruscant - there was too much risk to the planetary biosphere if the living link to the World Brain was slain - but the senior members of the Skywalker-Solo clan should be enough to handle ... whatever awaited.

Eyes front, Farmboy. We're not alone, Mara called over their bond, and Luke tensed for a moment.

He breathed a sigh of relief, while Jaina broke into a smile, and she hugged a shaken-looking Jag as he left the palace with a ring of stormtroopers and Imperial officers. "You're OK?" she asked.

"Physically, I'm fine ... but my mother's just shocked the entire family. I have a twin sister," Jag said.

Surprise swept the gathered Jedi, while Han's brows shot up. "Not one of the dead ones?" he asked.

Leia swatted his arm, but Jag just smirked a bit and waved for them to follow him. "No, Captain Solo - Cherith, or Danni as you also know her, isn't my twin," he said, taking a deep breath.

"The short version is ... my twin and I were separated at birth due to Chiss fear of ... her genetics."

"She's Force-sensitive? We know about Cem, but -" Anakin asked, as they reached the throne room.

Jag looked a bit embarrassed, while Mara raised an eyebrow at the sight of Wynssa Starflare-Fel arguing vociferously with several high-ranking Moffs, and Soontir looked ... proud, but shell-shocked.

"Skywalkers, Solo - Solos," Baron Fel greeted, a hint of a smile on his face as he nodded to Jag. "We've managed to ... convince the Moff Council to back Jagged's twin as the Empress-Regent."

"Wait - Empress-Regent? You're an uncle now? So why the controversy?" Leia asked with suspicion.

The father and son Fels shared a look, then nodded toward the throne. "My twin, Anamarisiah, was placed with foster parents on a world deep within the Unknown Regions," Jag explained.

"However, while she may be considered - forgive the term - 'Rimkin,' she's not 'too Chiss,' either."

"A compromise candidate, whose child becomes Emperor or Empress? Still not seeing the scandal, here, Fel," Mara quipped, while Rey nodded - the elder Skywalker women were sharp as ever.

Soontir sighed and said, "This ... particular planet was quarantined by the Chiss due to their fear of the native humans. Thousands of those natives have powers that rival, or exceed, those of Force-wielders, and portions of galactic history are believed to be ... popular entertainment."

Luke blinked - this was starting to make sense - and the party approached the throne.

The sight before them was both familiar, but also unique - a woman, maybe about Jaina's age, with brown and white hair and clad in red and black armor, sat on the throne, cradled a cooing infant.

To the woman's right was an auburn-brown-haired man in Imperial olive - beneath a leather trenchcoat - with red-on-black eyes, who waved.

The woman brightened, and called, "Pa! I heard you were gonna introduce us to the Skywalkers, but I hadn't expected them so soon! Hey, everyone! I'm Anna Marie, an' this is my son, Roan."

The baby waved a hand, while Anne Marie smiled at the man at her right, and he said, "Bonjour, mes amis. I be Gam - well, just Remy. Anna Marie's my wife. Gon' be interestin', bein' de consort-royale o' the new Empire."

Soontir looked positively horrified, as Remy flashed a grin and added, "Positively stole de show ..."

-------------------------------

finis ... ? [face_thinking][face_whistling]:p

Findswoman likes this.
  2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, I lost track of what was going on, halfway through but you clearly know your subject(s).

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow, this is... definitely something different! Has kind of a reality-show vibe to it, almost. :p This new Empire will hardly know what hit it once this new and highly "Rimkin" royal family comes into power. :D

4. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    Sith-I-5: Thanks. :) This is a nod to some of my oldest work on the boards (unfortunately caught in the Great Truncation and never filed elsewhere, due to my own short-sightedness ... :oops:). There, however, things were much more complicated, and suffered from a few retcons ... [face_blush]

Findswoman: Thank you. :) G/R, here, have a somewhat-different (and decidedly happier) backstory than Earth-616 (core Marvel continuity before last year's Secret Wars mega-crossover turned 616 into Marvel's "Earth Prime" ... not to be confused with DC's Earth Prime ... :rolleyes:

Yes, I've spent way too much time parsing how all this stuff could work. :-B :p

Remy and Anna, when written (IMHO) correctly (that is, not horribly angstful/melodramatic), can be a fun pair. And the two of them running a major galactic political organization ... yeah. [face_laugh]

I keep attempting to revisit this concept (Marvel in the SW galaxy, and all the crazy crossovers that implies). Maybe someday I'll actually tackle a rewrite that does a comprehensive job of putting it all together ... [face_thinking]

- Thanks again, :D
    Onderon1

Findswoman likes this.