main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Big twists of the sequel trilogy. No, I mean BIG!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Dameron, Jan 9, 2016.

1. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    An outside force from beyond the outer rim will emerge and attack all planets. The Resistance and the FO realize that the only way to survive is to team up.

Wacky hijinks ensue because of LOL team ups .

Plasma, C-3PO, Ackbar

Hux, Kylo, Rey

Nien, Chewbacca, Finn

Leia, Laura Dern, Maz

Poe, Luke, Benecio Del Toro, Connix

KMT, Artoo, BB-8, Flametrooper

Snoke, Space Horse, Anakin's lightsaber

WatTamborWoo likes this.
  2. SithedMyPants

SithedMyPants Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2004
    I'm sure this has been mentioned (I didn't read all 18 pages in full disclosure), but the concept of Luke "sampling" the Dark Side, like some closeted heroin user who says one thing and does another, in order to augment his power would be an interesting revelation. Maybe one of those things you can subtlety hint at through VIII and then confirm it with a sick burst of force lightning at a critical juncture.

I love Luke, but he's always worked best as a character when mentally and emotionally torn between what works in a practical sense and what is ultimately right. Leaps of faith, and whatnot.

Master of None likes this.
  3. IMightRegretThisUsername

IMightRegretThisUsername Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 19, 2016
    Snoke has another apprentice/enforcer waiting to be dispatched, had Kylo failed(which he most certainly has).

Darth Smurf likes this.
  4. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Can't resist stating this again. Luke's students went behind his back and hid Rey on Jakku for fear that the unstable Ben Solo who was known to be flirting with the dark side would harm Rey, the only child of Luke, the last Jedi Knight. The students then suggest that Ben is responsible for Rey's disappearance.

Talk about a twist! The altruistic Jedi students are the ones that betray Luke and the shady Ben Solo is actually innocent! Though Ben turns to the dark side because he feels like everybody blames him for Rey's kidnapping.

The students, in their fear of Ben Solo harming Luke's family actually ended up being the ones that harmed Luke's family. The students, who were afraid of Ben Solo and his interest in the dark side were in fact the ones that accidentally pushed Ben to become Kylo Ren.

Another part of the twist is that when Ben killed Luke's students he thought he was bringing Luke's betrayers to justice. Bad guys often think of themselves as the good guys. Ben killing Luke's students is one of those instances. Ben tells Luke that his students were responsible for Rey's disappearance but Luke doesn't believe him. Again this causes Ben to lose respect for Luke. It further pushes Ben away from Luke. In Ben's eyes Luke is a fool who would rather believe the people that betrayed him rather than his own flesh and blood.

The irony is that Ben is right! He shouldn't have killed the students, but he's correct that the students are responsible for what happened to Rey. That's what makes is easier for Ben to turn to the dark side. He see's all these representative of the light side as phonies, who have betrayed their own beliefs and their master and he see's the great Luke Skywalker, symbol of all that is good, taking the side of those that betrayed him. To Ben this makes him think the light side is corrupt. The light side is a sham and those that claim to be on the light side are dishonest. They're liars. They're backstabbers who can't be trusted.

Lastly, and again sorry for repeating myself but in a franchise known for killing off mothers we'll learn that Rey's mother is alive, or at least possibly alive. She left Luke to look for Rey and maybe because she suspected Ben had something to do with Rey's disappearance and was frustrated with Luke that he wouldn't even concern the possibility of it. Episode 9 ends with Rey suggesting that she's going to try to find her mother.

5. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Rey's birth name is Nuke Skywalker

Ubraniff Zalkaz likes this.
  6. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    That would blow us all away.

7. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Rey is the Chosen One mentioned in the prophecy.

8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Sorry folks, IMDB says the role is played by a man.

Episode 8: Reys gender reassignment

9. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    She was born a random but identifies as a Skywalker.

10. IMightRegretThisUsername

Sep 19, 2016
    Luke is the last Jedi....but not the last force-sensitive duelist who channels the lightside.

It's time for the Gray warriors to make their official debut. They've been hinting at this type of practice with the Force for too long.

Jedi Master Scorpio and 11-4D like this.
  11. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    If Disney had not made Clone Wars, canon. I think a lot of people would be thinking that considering the way she was portrayed.

12. LinAjax

LinAjax Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2016
    Grey though is like True Neutral. Ie they dont make a distinction between Dark or Light Force Powers. So slapping grey on it doesn't even mean they necessarily back the Rebellion against the First Order

13. sls062286

sls062286 Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2016
    Pablo has said multiple times Grey Jedi are not a thing.

14. Sluice Friggins

Sluice Friggins Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 23, 2015
    It turns out that Kenobi and Satine had a secret love child, a daughter named Mara Jade. She goes on to fall in love with Ezra Bridger, and they have a daughter - Rey. Despite herself, Rey falls in love with her enemy, Kylo Ren, and they have a forbidden affair, the result being a Super Star Wars Child of the Force with Kenobi/Mandalorian/Bridger/Skywalker/Solo lineage. Twist.

15. IMightRegretThisUsername

Sep 19, 2016
    http://starwarsrebels.wikia.com/wiki/The_Bendu

If this guy is being brought into canon then we can't say "gray" isn't a thing. I don't care if the name "gray/grey" is used, but the concept will be brought in. We have seen it on all instances. Qui-Jonn was our first look at a Jedi that wavered in the Code(or at least the council's methods). Ahsoka is our first Jedi who left, but didn't turn Sith or Dark. Now, it's said that Snoke chose Kylo Ren because he has the perfect balance of light and dark(which is weird in his case)

It's already canon. Who gives a flip about the name.

16. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    A true "gray" character would be just another Jango/Bobba Fett.

Not good, not bad, just in it for him/her self.

Han's character started out that way, but later came to be more good than bad. Similar could be said for Lando.

A neutral Force user would neither side with the "good guys" nor the "bad guys" but fight against both to create either a balance or chaos.

A true neutral could bring a very boring storyline. iMHO

17. RandomGreyJ

RandomGreyJ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    I always just assumed that "light and dark" thing referred to his abilities. Like he had the capabilities of both a Jedi and a Sith. I feel like a "gray" wouldn't kill his father, and try to finish what Darth Vader, a Sith Lord, started. A "gray" also wouldn't order the deaths of innocent villagers, nor would he resist the temptation of the light in favor of the dark.

18. IMightRegretThisUsername

Sep 19, 2016
    To clarify, I don't think Kylo Ren is a "gray", just that him having both the light and the dark side in him(and it being a desired trait by Snoke), shows that they are opening the door to people channeling both sides at once.
    (which is why I said it was "weird" in his case. Clearly he is not neutral).

As far as neutral characters siding in a war, that's not the only option. They can be people Luke seeks out to learn more about the Force and gain an advantage when handling this new threat.

19. Kantz

Kantz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2015
    Kylo Ren is actually deep undercover. Like, Really deep undercover, and it has taken its toll on him.

20. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

I definitely think it would be quite strange that in the 30 years since ROTJ that in his travels for Force Lore that Luke didn't cross paths with other Force Sensitive beings who did not identify with Jedi or Sith? As a matter of fact, I almost believe it is likely that he has. If he made alliances with those folks, they could be his ace up his sleeve when dealing with the First Order.

I mean as far as we know the New Republic Militarty is pretty depleted as of now after Hosnian Prime was blown to pieces. Seems like the Resistance could use all the help they could get.

21. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    I'm pretty sure Luke met Maz Kanata at one point too.

22. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    A big twist would be the swapping of allegiance - perhaps from the Resistance to the Empire. Motivation - "another point of view", not for the hell of it but comes to see things from the First' Order's perspective. This won't happen but it would be interesting from a story within a story aspect.

23. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Rey dies and advices Finn to use the force as force ghost

24. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    BB-8 will be captured and reprogrammed for the FO.

25. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    C-3PO gets an upgrade that allows him to remove those rods on the opposite side of his elbows and then he smokes them like a doobie.