main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Blue Moon Cantina XIX ~~ The Blue Moon Awakens

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    The dark side of teh Force is pathway to many abilities some consider to be...un-natural. :p

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    ...and that's a bad thing? :p

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  3. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Might depend on the point of view of the one on the receiving end. Curing one's cough through 'laundry manipulation' seems pretty innocent though. :p

4. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Is that the type of "clue" people are supposed to drop in Teh Mole? I've never understood that game.

Sent via Tapatalk this was.

5. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    It was in reference to another Sith from the previous page not washing their clothes and Lady B citing its potential medecinal benefits.

Regarding Teh Mole...I played once and was the first out. It is my belief since then that there aren't actually any rules, but that the players collectively make them up as they go along, and just don't tell the new people. :p

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I never understood it, so you could be right there Ananta.

7. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    ...this sucks. My best friend just started a relationship with a mutual good friend who was kinda the off limits guy bc he was a friend.

8. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Confused. Why does a new relationship suck? I should think you'd be happy for them.

9. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

[​IMG]

:p

10. Halle Dray

Jan 6, 2016
    Because we're freaking 14, this guy was off-limits because we've all been close friends and them being bf/gf is gonna change that, and lately all she talks about and thinks about are the boys she wants to date and it's pulling us apart.

11. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Ouch.
    I really hope that doesn't ruin your friendships. There are times when it doesn't pull people apart forever.

Have you talked to her about it?

12. Halle Dray

Jan 6, 2016
    I haven't really bc we haven't been talking as much lately for some reason. This guy goes to youth group with us and I told her to be careful because the adults pull kids apart if they see a relationship budding.

13. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I hear you. I know that must hurt. IMO, let your female friend know you'll be there for her no matter what. If it works out for them, then good to go. If not, you and the other girl can move forward (and have some Ben and Jerry's some night to get out your frustration over guys). [:D] You're a good friend.

Halle Dray likes this.
  14. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    ^ that exactly
    It's bot easy (though it does get a tad easier with age/wxperience with such confrontations), bit it's so helpful and cathartic. She'll take it as she will but you'll at least have done what YOU could do to keep the friendship.

15. Halle Dray

Jan 6, 2016
    Yeah..

lol I just opened a binder and hit my nose with it and young wild and free came on on Spotify

SWpants, QueenSabe7 and DarthIshyZ like this.
  16. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    SWpants, I'm reading Flatland. Interesting. Although I skipped over the introduction.

17. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004

I often skip over intros, author notes, and anything else that bores me/has nothing to do with the story.
    It is quite interesting and a fantastic way of thinking of the geometry of life. The sequel, Sphereland, is not as good but still interesting overall.
    I'm upset that, as someone who knew I'd be a math teacher at the age of 13, I only heard about it 2 years ago (when I was 28)!

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  18. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Well, math teacher, I love math, but hated Geometry. One reason. Proofs. How can I tell that's a right angle? Because it's drawn that way! Silly question.

Sent via Tapatalk this was.

19. Halle Dray

Jan 6, 2016
    I don like Geometry which is what I'm doing this year..

20. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    I remember Geometry from last year. That one was a *****. I found many aspects of it to be difficult.

And I consider myself to be pretty good at math, too.

21. Halle Dray

Jan 6, 2016
    I preferred Algebra 1... I just can't remember theorems and postulates lol

22. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    Algebra has always been easier for me. There's something about it that seems easier to me.

Algebra II is so far easier than the entirety of the Geometry class.

23. Halle Dray

Jan 6, 2016
    Good to know...

24. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    thanks

Halle Dray likes this.
  25. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004

I didn't like proofs until college when I was told I could write paragraph proofs. Then, it was more of a stream-of-consciousness than a strict and linear progression.

I prefer teaching Algebra. I haven't taught Alg 2 at my current school, but it was my favorite at my last school. And I like Calculus because it's the love child of Algebra & Geometry without all the proofs

Halle Dray feel free to PM me if you have a question and you're unable to ask your teacher!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.