main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Donald Glover (Lando Calrissian) in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Bosskkkk, Aug 11, 2016.

1. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
  2. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'm not familiar with any of DG's work but I'm excited Lando will be in this.

3. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    I'm familiar with Childish Gambino's music-aka Donald Glover, and enjoy it. I haven't seen his acting yet, although I heard he's doing a good job on his current show "ATL. " It'll be funny at first when I see him on screen in a Star Wars film since I used to hearing him as a rapper, but i'll look forward to this for sure.

4. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Atlanta is easily my favorite show of this season. Prior to that though I only really knew him as Childish Gambino as well. Thinks that part of the reason I think he's so perfect.

ChefCurryWindu likes this.
  5. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I am freaking out so much about this. It is so amazing! I love Donald in everything he has done. And I imagine Troy and Abed are freaking out as well. :p

6. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    I'm excited by this news. Maybe the movie opens with Han beating Lando in Sabacc and winning the Falcon :D

7. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  8. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Can anyone suggest anything of his I should watch preferably on Netflix or Xfinity On-Demand something I don't have to pay for either On a Premium channel or Free movie? I am really not familiar with him?

9. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Am I going to have to put you on ignore? :p

10. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    His new show "Atlanta" on FX

weezer likes this.
  11. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I don't know if anyone here's seen the short films Glover did with his friends when they attended NYU together, but they're pretty damn funny (if kind of problematic by 2016 standards). ALSO WILDLY INAPPROPRIATE just as fair warning. His stand-up routine from, like, 2010(?) is also really funny as well.

https://www.youtube.com/user/derrickcomedy/videos

cubman987 likes this.
  12. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    because I don't like an actor?
    I also dislike Laura Dern and I'm not happy she's in VIII, what do you say about that?

well you can't like every actor and just like movies it's subjective to every person. I've seen Glover in Community and other projects and never liked the guy. I don't think he's either funny or charming and he's supposed to be Lando....

Jedi Jessy likes this.
  13. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Bub I put a "joke" face on the end. I don't mind if you don't like Glover, honest.

El_Machete12 and starocean90 like this.
  14. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Han & Lando in Morrrrrrrrrrrning!

I love this casting. Donald Glover is perfect for a younger and perhaps not as suave version of Lando Calrissian. From the filmmakers behind the scenes to the actors being cast, man, I love what this could end up being.

The Regular Mustache and weezer like this.
  15. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    I don't like him too (I saw some stuff about him today... I was disappointed because I was starting to like him)

starocean90 likes this.
  16. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    Not bad at all.

17. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    I want Billy Dee Williams! I Want Billy Dee Williams!

This movie is getting worse all the time!

18. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Um, this is the YOUNG Han Solo movie, meaning that this would need to be YOUNG Lando. In case you don't get my meaning, here is Billy Dee Williams in 2016:
    [​IMG]
    Not exactly "young".

19. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    You've misinterpreted my post. I am merely stating that these new actors cannot fill the shoes of the OT actors. The characters were the actors; that's how beautifully they were portrayed. It's a bad idea...

20. LinAjax

LinAjax Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2016
    Disney is super incestuous. I can predict who is going to get a role at this time by seeing if they been in any other.

Still good stuff I am fan of Atlanta.

21. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

so far the Disney Star Wars movies have been beautifully cast, Why would the Young Han Solo Movie be any different, I have Faith In Phil Lord, and Christopher Miller, I have faith In Disney! I really Liked The Lego movie as well and Lord and Miller Like everyone else Lucasfilms Is Employing are Star Wars Fans, and It Isn't just because they say they are star wars fans that make it so, I don't believe it is just a line they are feeding to fans for PR purposes you can tell they are fans, even Ashley Eckstein, and Andi Guitierez I believe grew up on Star Wars!

22. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    Where are all the new photoshoped Donald Glover Landos at??? Internet isn't as fast as it used to be...

CnlSandersdeKFC likes this.
  23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Nice! He was my favorite choice so I'm glad to see he got the role. So far the cast is brilliant and with Lord and Miller helming I'm getting really excited for this film!

I know likes this.
  25. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    Great choice!
    Now, if we get Harrison Ford and Billy Dee Williams to play the characters as they are just before the events of TFA, in a couple of bookend cameo scenes at the start and end of the film to frame the story or, provide voiceover (in a film noir / Bladerunner style) to tie the whole thing together, the geeky fanboy inside me would be overjoyed.

AndrewPascoe likes this.