main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT Another Prequel Rewrite

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dark Ferus, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I posted a rewrite of the prequel trilogy earlier, but I've thought of even better improvements to the trilogy.
    I generally prefer to write fanfics that are more connected and closer to the films/

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

It is a period of unrest in the Galactic Republic. For millennia, the republic has maintained order and peace in the galaxy, under the protection of the chivalrous Jedi Knights. In the shadows lurk the Sith Lords, the greatest enemies of the Jedi, plotting to invade the Republic and destroy the Jedi Order.

On the peaceful planet of Alderaan, the Sith have sent a team of assassins after the King and Queen, as part of a complex plan to topple the democratic system. Obi Wan Kenobi, one of the most legendary Jedi warriors, is sent to defend Princess Amidala, the only daughter to the royal couple and heir to the Alderaan throne.

While fleeing the Alderaan palace, the young princess has been kidnapped by a rogue bounty hunter, hired by the crime lord Watto. In an attempt to rescue princess Padme, Obi Wan pursues the bounty hunter to the crime-filled planet Tatooine....

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Through the depths of hyperspace, the attack vessel Slave I sped across the systems. Inside the cockpit was bounty hunter Jango Fett, donning the armor of the feared Mandolorians, the warlike people that had reIsed him. Jango's young son Boba, back home on Mandalore, would one day grow up to be just as fearsome.
    Princess Padme was tied in the cargo hold, with no way to escape. Her parents, the king and Queen of Alderaan, had just been murdered by criminals. One of the thugs, Jango Fett, had taken Padme hostage and fled on his ship. Grief and fear plagued the brave young woman, as she fought to concentrate on her dignity and her clearheadedness. Her heart raced as she frantically looked around the dark room. She could not move her hands, or legs, and she was sure Fett wasn't coming into the cargo hold for any reason. Padme continued to hold back her emotions as she tried to think of a plan.

A small red Republic battleship followed Slave I. It was flown by none other than Obi Wan Kenobi, one of the finest swashbucklers of the Jedi Order. Young and recently knighted , Obi Wan had already won many battles and succeeded on many missions. The mission to rescue and defend the Alderaan princess was all in a day's work for Obi Wan.
    Yet, he took his craft seriously, and refrained from cockiness as he concentrated on his pursuit of the bounty hunter. He knew not to open fire on Slave I, that would take out Padme along with the bounty hunter. His only solution for now was to chase this ship until it landed, wherever its destination was. He could only hope that the bounty hunter or an ally wouldn't kill the princess en route to where they were headed.

Beside Obi Wan in the pilot seat was his loyal companion, astromech droid R2D2. Artoo beeped in warning.

"Yes, Artoo," Obi Wan said, "I see we are coming up on the Tatooine system." The enemy fighter had exited hyperspace and appeared to be heading towards a large, rocky planet. Obi Wan was amazed the bounty hunter didn't realize he was being followed. It was time to take action.

"Artoo," ordered Obi Wan, ""Patch a radio communication to Slave I." Artoo whistled his agreement and opened a signal.

"Bounty hunter," Obi Wan addressed his target, "I am a jedi knight; representing the Galaxtic Senate. You will land on the planet surface, at the coordinates I am about to send you. Once i have joined you, you will hand over the princess and surrender into my custody.."

The enemy responded the way Obi Wan had expected. He turned his ship around and began firing his laser cannons straight at Obi Wan's fighter. Obi Wan steered the ship straight downwards to dodge the blasts, a nauseating feeling in his stomach as he did so. Flying wasn't exactly his specialty. Artoo beeped in concern.

"Relax Artoo," Obi Wan assured his droid, "We're not in trouble yet." The blue and white dome shaped robot disagreed. Obi Wan turned the ship the other way as Slave One continued shooting at him.
    "We can't fire back, the princess is on that ship," Obi Wan said as Artoo made a suggestion. This gave them the disadvantage.

In the cockpit of Slave I, Jango smiled as he realized how little the Jedi could do to stop him. The princess must know this as well. Jango locked onto the wing of the Jedi's freighter and fired. Sure enough, the wing caught fire, tilting the Jedi ship to the side. Jango chuckled behind his helmet as the fire spread across the Jedi ship.

"This is bad...." Obi Wan realized as Artoo tried to put out the spreading fire, "This is really, really bad." Artoo whistled in a panic. The Jedi battleship was getting closer to Tatooine's atmosphere, and Obi Wan could not work the controls.

"Artoo, we're going to have to crash-land," Obi Wan realized. Artoo continued to fret as another blast hit the ship. Obi Wan heard an explosion behind him. Looking back, he could see the back of his ship being blown apart, Artoo on it.

"Artoo!" he cried as his half of the ship plummeted towards the surface. Obi Wan closed his eyes as he braced for impact.

Iron_lord and Snocone like this.
  3. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    The magnificent palace of Watto lay in the western Dunes. Watto was the most powerful crime lord in the Outer Rim, with centuries of battles and criminal activity. His palace contained numerous servants, slaves, dancers, bounty hunters, thugs and guards. Watto himself sat on his throne, watching his dancers and band perform. It wasn't so much that he enjoyed dancing or music, he mostly enjoyed exploiting the abilities of the performers. It reinforced his sense of power.

Although Watto had many skilled combatants at his disposal, the crime boss himself was a very capable fighter. Wearing a heavy suit of steel armor, the nine-foot-tall Gen Dai was well trained with all sorts of weapons.
    Beside Watto's throne was his second in command, Jabba the Hutt. "Your excellency," the obese Hutt reported, "Jango Fett has just made contact."

"Very good," Watto replied, "Patch him in." The holoprojector showed an image of the Mandalorian warrior.

"Mighty Watto," Fett reported, "I've just landed on Tatooine with Princess Padme Organa."

"Well done, Jango," Watto said, "The Sith will pay good money for her."

"I had a little encounter with Jedi scum on the way," Fett said, "but I took care of him."

"Are you sure," Watto asked, suddenly alarmed. The last thing he needed was the Jedi investigating his business.

"I shot down his ship and blew it in half," said Fett, "He can't be alive."

"Good work," Watto said, "Bring the girl to me, and I will contact Lord Maul."

"Right away," Fett replied. The hologram faded.

Artoo found himself amongst the wreckage of the Republic battleship. He beeped cautiously, hoping for a sign from Obi Wan. Nothing. Artoo hoped the Jedi was all right, he may have been able to land safely somewhere. Artoo could only hope.
    The small astromech droid worked his way out of the debris and began scanning the environment. Tatooine had a desert climate, but Artoo could detect civilization not too far away. That could mean Obi Wan! Artoo wheeled along the desert sand, anxious to find his human friend.

Iron_lord likes this.
  4. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    "

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Suddenly, a lightsabe ignited behind them. A young man in a black uniform stood with his blue-bladed saber activated, ready for combat.
    "Drop your weapon!" Obi Wan Kenobi commanded.
    "One move and she dies!" Fett replied. Padme trembled fearfully. There seemed to be no way out.
    Obi Wan raised his free hand, summoning Jango's blaster out of his grip. Obi Wan force-pushed Jango back against the sand.
    "We'll be asking the questions now," he said, shutting off his lightsaber and clipping it to his belt.
    "Who are you working for?" the Jedi asked more calmly than Padme would have.

"You'll get nothing out of me," Jango sneered. Padme picked up the blaster and aimed it at Fett's helmet.
    "Who sent you to kill my parents and kidnap me?" she demanded, rage taking over.

"The crime lord Watto," Jango said reluctantly.

"Why did Watto want the princess?" Obi Wan asked.

"He was going to turn her over to the Sith, in exchange for money," Jango explained. Obi Wan tensed. So the Sith were involved.

"Why do the Sith want me?" Padme demanded, keeping the blaster aimed at Jango's Mandalorian helmet.

"They've created a clone army," Jango explained, "and they...". Suddenly, the bounty hunter began choking. Obi Wan sensed a dark presence. He ignited blade and looked around. He sensed no dark side users on Tatooine. Jango quickly lost air and dropped dead.

"Jedi Knight Obi Wan Kenobi at your service," Obi Wan said, bowing to Padme.

"We have to get off this planet," Padme said, "Do you have a ship?"

Obi Wan grimaced. "Unfortunately, the bounty hunter blew it up," he said, "I can contact the Jedi headquarters for transport. In the meantime, I have a little blue friend I need to find."

I don't want to stay here longer than necessary,Padme thought, and it looks like I'm going to have too. Meanwhile, her planet was in total lawlessness, with the monarchs both dead and criminals taking over. But she followed the Jedi knight through the sandy dunes of Tatooine, in search of some random droid.

Anakin walked without fear into Watto's throne room, Artoo trailing nervously behind. Anakin had once feared his terrible master, but he had leaned to be brave in order to protect his family. Anakin bowed at the night Watto's feet.
    "Young Skywalker!" Watto yelled, "You have brought me no womprats!"

"Oh great one," Anakin said calmly, "I have brought you something far more valuable, this astromech droid." Artoo whistled in fear.
    "Don't worry," Anakin whispered, "Yiur Jedi friend will come."

Watto studied the droid. These were used by the Jedi Knights, an extreme rarity in the outer rim. This droid would be worth more money than the republic could produce in a year.

"This droid will make a fine collectible," said Watto, "so I will be reasonable." To a Gammorean guard, he ordered, "Bring the boy's mother and brother." Anakin gulped. "What are you going to do to them?" he demanded.

"Never you mind!" the Gen Dai threatened, pointing the laser on his arm at Anakin. The youth could only hope Watto wouldn't be too harsh. Shmi came in, followed by eleven-year-old Owen.

"Ani," Shmi said, "Are you all right?"
    "Shmi Skywalker," Watto bellowed, "Come up to my throne." Slowly, she obeyed.

"Mom!" Owen yelled. A green piglike Gammorean covered his mouth.

"This is what happens when you do not do as Watto wishes," Watto said, pointing his arm at Shmi. Jabba the Hutt laughed in his deep voice.

"No!" Anakin screamed as a laser came from Watto's arm. It hit Shmi square in the chest, vaporizing her immediaty

Analin glared at Watto, extreme hate flooding his body. "You scumbag!" he snarled, "You killed my mother!" He felt tears come to his eyes, both of anger and grief. He ran at Watto's throne with incredible speed, and before anyone could react, lifted him and tossed him across the throne room. Anakin couldn't understand where this power was coming from, and didn't care. All he focused on now was avenging his poor mother.

All the guards ran at Anakin, who raised his hands, forcing them all back. Jabba grabbed Anakin' with his small arms. Owen, who barely had time to process what had happened, got to his feet and ran. Artoo followed. Anakin freed himself from Jabba's grip and bolted.
    "Guards!" Jabba hollered. The three of them hurried out of the palace.

"More of them are on our tail!" Owen shouted.

"Artoo, can you hold them off?" Anakin asked as they fled across the sand.

Artoo stopped and lifted off the ground. As he continued after the boy's, he left a trail of fire waiting for the pursuing Gammoreans.

A single Star Destoyer hovered above the Mustafar System, with several TIe Fighters swarming around it. These fighters were piloted by clone troopers, ready to serve the Sith and do battle with the Jedi Knights. On the command bridge of the star destroyer, several clone officers stood at attention. A lone figure, a Zabrak dressed in black Sith robes, knelt on the floor,awaiting his Master's arrival. Darth Maul was the apprentice of the Sith Lord Count Dooku, who had trained him in the dark side of the force from a young age. Although he had been born on Dathomir as a Nightbrother, Maul's sole allegiance was to the Sith. Howeve, he wore tattoos on his face as a symbol of his heritage. Maul had long waited for a chance to pay off his training and taste the blood of a Jedi knight, and it seemed that day was not far off.
    Maul looked up as Dooku walked across the command bridge. Dooku was an elderly man, who donned a brown cape and aristocratic clothing. He came from a wealthy Serreno family, but the power of the Forxe far outstripped any wealth.

"Rise, lord Maul," Dooku commanded. His apprentice obeyed.

"My lord, the bounty hunter sent by Watto has blown our cover," Maul reported. "He informed the Jedi on Tatooine of our plans."

Dooku frowned. "Is the Jedi still on Tatooine?"

"With the princess," the horned alien replied. This was unexpected, Dooku thought. The Jedi were not supposed to know about the clone until it invaded Alderaan. From there, the republic would have not choice to declare war, ending with the extinction of the Jedi order and the rise of the Sith Empire.

"We're going to have to intercept them before they return to Coruscant," Dooku decided. He turned to the commander of the Star Destroyer, "Lord Maul, go to Tatooine, and eliminate the Jedi and princess. In the meantime, I will send a battalion to Alderaan, to infiltrate the capital."

"As you wish, my lord," Maul replied, "the Jedi won't know what hit them."

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Padme and Obi Wan hiked along the sand.

"How much longer will we need to search for your droid?" Padme asked. The longer she stayed away from Alderaan, the longer her people suffered in anarchy.

"Artoo is capable of finding us." Obi Wan replied, refusing to lose faith in his trusty companion. "It won't be long, and then our transport will arrive."

"I hope so," replied Padme.

Just then, a loud whistle came from behind them. Artoo was speeding towards Obi Wan and Padme, followed by two boys. Behind them were several masked soldiers, unmistakably affiliated with Watto the Gen Dai.

"Help us!" the younger boy cried, sounding very upset. He was about eleven, while his companion appeared about fourteen or fifteen.

"Get behind me!" Obi Wan shouted, rushing at the masked men as he drew his saber. Padme fired her blaster at the men as well. They were all dead in twenty seconds.

"Thank you," the older boy panted. Apparently they had been running for a long time, in the desert heat. "Does this droid belong to you?"
    "Indeed he does," Obi Wan said, studying the boy. What was it he sensed? Was it...the force? This boy had extremely high Force potential, possibly stronger than master Yoda himself!

"We should find shelter," Padme suggested, "until the republic comes for us.•

"Come along," Obi Wan said to the boys, "We'll find an inn at Mos Eisley."

As usual, the Senate was very busy, only now, the round, giant hall was very tense, for a galaxy changing issue was currently being discussed. As usual, Chancellor Palpatine presided over the meeting on the chancellor's platform, flanked by Senate Chairman Mas Ameeda and his aide Sly Moore. Prior to his election as chancellor, Palpatine had been the senator of his homeworld Naboo. He had manipulated his way to the position of chancellor during the rising threat of the Sith, taking advantage of the growing crisis to instill doubt in the prior chancellor. Many Jedi agreed that Palpatine would make an excellent jedi, or Sith Lord.

Currently, Senator Bail Organa of Alderaan, Padme's uncle, had the spotlight.
    "Serious action is required to deal with this catastrophe," he was saying, "The Sith have gone too far." Their clone army had easily invaded Alderaan's capital city among the lawlessness.
    "What do you propose, Senator?" asked Palpatine with an air of serenity. He knew what Bail would say next, he'd been in the political game long enough. Oh, how predictable these senators were.

"I say we send a team of Jedi Knights to Alderaan," Bail declared, "and combat these Kaminoan clones that the Sith have created."

Koo Sai, the Prime Minister of Kamino, spoke up from his rotating platform.
    "There is no proof that those clones are from Kamino!" he exclaimed, "How dare you accuse..."
    "The Chair does not recognize Koo Sai of Kamino," Mas Ameeda overruled, "Continue, senator Organa."

"The Sith have waged war on the monarchy of Alderaan," said Bail angrily, "As well as the people! The Jedi are our protectors, so let's put them to use!" Applause came from many platforms in the senate hall; most senators were sympathetic to the Alderaan cause.
    A uniformed man on the Eriadu platform raised his hand.

"The chair recognizes Senator Wilhuff Tarkin of Eriadu," Mas Ameeda boomed.

"I'd like to counter Senator Organa," Tarkin said. He was a more conservative senator,appearing to believe in the self sufficiency of planets. "If the Jedi are sent to Alderaan, we could risk escalating the conflict into a full scale war." Tarkin had his own political agenda, one that required manipulation and sacrifices. Senator Tarkin glanced at Palpatine, and exchanged a knowing smile.

"So be it!" Organa exclaimed, shaking his fist. To him, justice was always more important than peace. Bail had been brought up a pacifist on Alderaan, trained in diplomacy. He had never forgotten his roots, but Bail believed a risk could sometimes pay off better in the long run. "The Sith and their clone army need to be stopped now!" More thunderous applause.

"Very well then," Palpatine declared, "I shall contact the Jedi council and inform them of the news."

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Owen took hours to get to sleep that night, in Mos Eisley Inn. Now that they were safe and settled, Obi Wan had gone to contact the Jedi Temple. Artoo stayed on low-power mode for the night, while Anakin and Padme stayed up. Padme stared outside into the Tatooine town. It was so different from Alderaan, she thought. In the republic systems, slavery was illegal and crime was less frequent and organized. Here, life was hard for everyone, with the most successful crooks rising to the top.
    Padme thought about her people on Alderaan, and how they must be suffering without the local government to protect them. She had had little time to mourn her parents, after being captured and rescued. In the nineteen years of her life, Padme had had little time to focus on her feelings at all, always taught to decide what was best for the common good. But now, lightyears aeay from home, Padme finally let her emotions flow through.
    From his cot, Anakin studied the princess, his arm around the sleeping Owen. She obviously had experienced a very personal loss, just like he haad. Not only that, but it was clear that Padme felt a sense of obligation to something she couldn't control.
    He didn't know where it came from, but Anakin suddenly felt a strong connection to this older girl, and a longing to understand her.
    Finally, he spoke up. "Do you want to talk about it?"
    Padme turned to face him. "I'm sorry?"

"You're going through a difficult time," Anakin said softly, "even the most capable princess needs comfort sometimes."

This boy is wise beyond his years, Padme thought, he's obviously seen a lot in a short time. She sat on the cot next to him.

"My people are suffering," she confided, "I've lost my parents and I feel helpless on this planet." Padme felt a lump in her throat. Anakin patted her on the back.
    "I know how you're feeling," he said, "I've just lost my mother today. My master killed her, and i killed him!"
    Padme gasped. "I'm so sorry," she whispered, putting an arm around his shoulders, "You must be scared."

"It felt good, using my powers," Anakin vented, "I took them out on the people that have oppressed me my whole life!"

"It must be hard to be a slave," Padme replied sympathetically.
    "That life is behind me," Anakin said.

Outside the inn, Obi Wan spoke to master Mace Windu via comlink. Windu was perhaps the most powerful Jedi in the order, save for Yoda.

"I have entered the Tatooine system," Windu said, "I will locate you by morning."
    "Thank you master," Obi Wan replied, "There's something special about this boy we rescued."

"You sense the force?" Windu asked curiously.

"I sensed a strong presence of the force in him," Obi Wan replied, "He slayed Watton the Gen Dai with his bare hands."

From his battleship in orbit of Tatooine, Mace Windu could already sense trouble. "It sounds like the boy has very dark feelings," he argued, "I don't know if he should be trained."

"Let's bring him to Coruscant, and consult the council," Obi Wan suggested, "master Yoda can decide."

Mace considered. "Fair enough," he decided, "I'll be landing shortly."

The nest morning, the group had left the inn and walked along the streets of Mos Eiesly. Vendors and moisture farmers could be seen all around, as well as bounty hunters roaming the streets.
    "Once my colleague arrives," Obi Wan said, "We'll be heading to Coruscant. From there, we will decide what to do about the Alderaan situation."

"Will I get to be a Jedi?" Anakin asked. Obi Wan had explained the force to him earlier that morning, and how he had used it against Watto and his goons.

"You'll be evaluated by Master Yoda, the head of our order," Obi Wan explained, "If he lets you train, you'll be my squire."

"What about me?" Owen blurted out, gripping his older brother's arm.

"You'll be coming to Coruscant as well," Obi Wan promised, "You'll be put under foster care of the Jedi order."

"You can't force me to come," Owen said defiantly, "And you won't take Anakin either."

Anakin looked down at his little brother. "Owen, don't you want to leave Tatooine?"
    "This is our home," Owen replied, sounding upset, "I don't like the Jedi."

Anakin opened his mouth in shock. "The Jedi are the protectors of the common people!" he exclaimed, defending his lifelong heroes.
    "They haven't freed us, or saved mom," countered the younger boy.
    "Owen, I promise you'll be safe," Padme said gently.

"Anakin, please don't go," Owen begged, kneeling down.

"I'm sorry," Anakin sighed, "My life is with the Jedi now."

"I'm your brother!" Owen began to cry. "Don't leave me!" Anakin hugged him and said, "Please come with us."

"No!" Owen cried.

"Anakin," Obi Wan said with a mixture of sympathy and firmness, "you'll have to let him go." Anakin released his brother and shook his hand formally.

"Good luck, Owen," he said with all the solemnity he could muster, "I promise I'll see you again."

"Please come back," Owen cried.

"Goodbye," Anakin whispered. He followed the others towards the outskirts of Mos Eisley, refusing to look back. If he did, he may just have changed his mind.

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Mace Windu stood at the border of Mos Eisely, watching as the small group approached. The group consisted of Obi Wan Kenobi, his droid Artoo Deetoo, Princess Padme Organa of Alderaan, and a boy in his mid-teens that must have been Anakin Skywalker. So this was the boy that took out Watto and a group of Gammoreans with his hands.
    Indeed, this boy must be powerful, but was that a good thing? Mace had trained Jedi Knights for decades, and he knew dark side material when he saw it. He sensed a lot of emotional confusion in the youngster.
    "Master Windu," Obi Wan said, bowing to the elder Jedi, ""thank you for coming."

"The situation is worse than we realized," Mace replied grimly, "Chancellor Palpatine is declaring war on the clone troopers on Alderaan."

"We have to act now!" Padme exclaimed, "My people cannot die any longer!" The last thing Alderaan and the rest of the republic needed was a full scale war.
    "We shall hurry back to Coruscant," Mace said. The group walked through the desert to Mace's shuttle.
    As they approached the Jedi battleship, Anakin studied it with interest. He had always felt a personal connection to the Jedi, and the legendary force, but he still felt unprepared to ride in a starship. He hadn't even been off Tatooine, which was unusual in the galaxy even for a fifteen-year old like him.

Suddenly, Obi Wan felt uneasy. "Do you sense it, Master Windu?" he asked, looking around.
    "I sense the dark side," Mace replied. Both men unclipped their lightsabers from their belts. "We're not alone," Mace remarked.
    "Look out!" Padme shouted, drawing her blaster. Behind them was a hooded figure, unmistakeably carrying a double-bladed red lightsaber.

"It's a Sith!" Mace exclaimed, "Get in the ship." He and Obi Wan ignited their blades to confront their antagonist. Padme took Anakin's arm and pulled him into Mace's battleship, Artoo close behind.

"I can take him," Anakin protested as the rank shut tight.

"Anakin, he's not a crime lord," Padme countered, "He's a Sith, more powerful than many Jedi Masters." They watched from the cockpit window as Artoo exchanged greetings with Mace's astromech, R4-P17.

Outside the ship, Mace and Obi Wan stood in identical defensive positions. Unlike Obi Wan's blue blade, Mace's lightsaber had a purple blade and was decorated in a way that symbolized Mace's rank.
    The Sith removed his hood to reveal a horned Zabrak with red and black facial tattoos that represented the Dathomirian Nightbrothers.

"Stand down and surrender," Mace ordered the Sith Lord, "you'll be entering Jedi custody."
    The Zabrak bared his teeth like a nexu. He held his double ended weapon in both his hands and twirled it like a baton. Obi Wan had had enough. He charged the Sith and swung his lightsaber. Darth Maul met the Jedi weapon with his own, and kicked Obi Wan down. Obi Wan grunted, unprepared for Maul's skill, despite his own legendary prowess. Fortunately, Mace was one of the most powerful Masters of all time.
    Mace Windu lunged at Maul with his lightsaber held in front of him, forcing the Sith Lord away from Obi Wan. The younger Jedi got to his feet, and struck at one of Maul's blades. Maul pushed Obi Wan's saber back, and used his other blade to strike at Mace.

"I have an idea," Anakin said from the ship. He ran to the controls and started the engine.

"Anakin, have you ever flown a starship?" Padme asked in concern.
    "Nope!" Anakin shouted as he lifted it off the ground. Artoo and Arfour beeped in protest. About a hundred feet in the air, Anakin turned the ship's guns to face the duelists.
    "Anakin, you could hit Obi Wan and Windu," Padme said in alarm.
    "I have some practice with aiming," Anakin replied nonchalantly. He aimed the cannon straight at Maul and fired.
    Down on the surface, Maul leapt away from the blast, while deflecting a strike from Mace. Despite the combined powers of the two Jedi, Maul's training under Count Dooku was more than a match for two of the most powerful force users of their age.
    Anakin continued to fire at Maul, who skillfully dodged the attacks while holding his own against Obi Wan and Mace. Apparently, this Sith was not only skilled in the dark side, but also in martial arts. Maul aimed a kick at Obi Wan's jaw as he slashed at Mace. Obi Wan dodged the powerful kick, but Maul's blade cut into his right leg.
    "Obi Wan!" shouted Mace as his comrade staggered and fell. Determined to keep Maul away from Obi Wan, Mace pressed his attack, forcing Maul backwards.
    "We have to help Obi Wan!" Padme exclaimed. Anakin stopped shooting at Maul and descended the ship back to the surface. As soon as the ramp opened, Obi Wan got to his feet and staggered to it. Anakin and Padme rushed to help him to the ship.
    "Come on, Master Windu!" Padme called, "There's no time!" Realizing he could not win, Mace sprinted to the shuttle. It took off as soon as he was inside.
    Maul watched at the ramp closed with the two jedi inside. He could have cared less about the queen, he had dreamed long about slowly disemboweling a Jedi master, watching him suffer. He had come so close to defeating them. To top it off, Dooku would not be pleased. Maul had never been punished by his master befor, but today could be the day. He knew Dooku would not hold back. Realizing his ambition would have to wait, Maul deactivated his saber and started back to the dockingbay that contained his shuttle.

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    "That Sith was more dangerous than expected."" Mace remarked as he treated Obi Wan's injury. The ship had entered hyperspace and was now on autopilot.
    "We need to go straight to Alderaan," said Padme urgently, "if the sith could find us all the way out here, who knows what their clone army could be doing now." She imagined them marching through the streets, taking away food from the people and breaking into the Theed Palace.
    "Bad idea," Obi Wan countered, "We will be outnumbered, we don't know how large the army is."
    "The Senate may not be able to help us," Padme replied, "It will take too long for them to take action."
    "She's right," Mace realized, "We need to act sooner than later."
    "What will happen to me?" Anakin could not help asking. He knew it was selfish, but he wasn't sure what he would do on Alderaan.

"Anakin, do you know what a lightsaber is?" Obi Wan asked.
    "I know the Jedi use it to fight," the teen replied.
    The Jedi knight stood and walked over to a chest. He pulled out a light saber hilt and handed it to Anakin. "You'll be using this," he said as Anakin activated the power. He took a step back as the blue energy sprouted from the handle.
    "I'm supposed to use this?" Anakin said skeptically, "I've had no training."
    "You proved very capable against Watto and his minions, Anakin," Obi Wan replied, "You should be fine against the Sith and clones."

Anakin deactivated the lightsaber. "I guess so," he said quietly. Doubt clouded his mind.

Governor Sio Bibble hid in a civilian home with a host of palace guards. He and other nobles had fled the capital when Count Dooku had conquered it and spread. Now, the 501st Legion patrolled the villages, purging affiliates of the monarchy.

Suddenly, a knock could be heard at the door. Captain Panaka said, "Governor Bibble, what do we do?"

"Don't answer," Bibble replied, "They'll go away eventually," Thr clones had many houses to check, and wouldn't spend so much time on just one.

"Prepare for a fight," Panaka told his men. The guards all drew their pistols and aimed at the front door. A tense silence followed. Suddenly, heavy blaster fire came through the front door. "Fire!" shouted Panaka. The security guards all shot back. Before long, the iron door broke down and dozens of white-armored troopers flooded into the house. Bibble ran towards the back of the house as the Alderaan soldiers were quickly cut down. Bibble picked up a blaster from the table and prepared to fire. The clones marched towards him, aiming their blasters at several guards with their hands raised.
    "In sorry, governor," Panaka said grimly.
    A clone trooper with blue markings on his armor and helmet stepped forwards.
    "Governor Bibble," he said in a businesslike manner, "I am Captain Rex of the 501st Legion. You'll be coming with us. Count Dooku wants to see you."
    Bibble saw no way out.

Five clone troopers accompanied Bibble, Panaka, and Commander Antilles of the local police force into the throne room, where Count Dooku waited. The Sith master stood with his back to the entrance, gazing into the Alderaan sunset. Such a beautiful planet, just perfectly waiting to be wasted. Dooku smiled at the ruined capital city below, then turned to face the arrivals.

"Ah, my friends," Dooku said with his usual charm, "I am honored that you three have taken the time out of your busy days to visit me."

"Count Dooku," Bibble recognized. During his days as an aristocrat, Dooku had often visited the palace to dine with King and Queen Organa with his family, "no one else would have the nerve."

"True, true," the caped crusader replied, "let it be known that we are currently being broadcasted live on the Holonet." He beckoned Antilles foreword. A clone troope led the commander to Dooku.
    "You have been brought here to show our audience how serious we are," Dooku explained, "the Sith will do whatever it takes to end the corruption in the republic, no matter how many lives it will cost." He unclipped his curved light saber from his belt and ignited it. In a very fast movement, he cut off Antilles' head.
    "No!" Panaka yelled. Dooku walked straight up to the security captain and plunged his blade through Panaka's chest. Panaka gasped and collapsed to the diamond floor.
    Bibble knew he was next. He had braced himself for death, with the hope that the morally good would eventually triumph. Dooku smiled at Bibble, and swung his blade. The last thing the governor saw was the scartlet illumination of Dooku's devilish face as he held his saber in front of him.

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    On the Jedi Shuttle en route to Alderan, Mace Windu and Obi Wan spoke to Master Yoda, the head of the Jedi Order and the most experienced Jedi Master.
    "Like this turn of events, I do not," the ancient small green Jedi said via hologram, "too convenient for Chancellor Palpatine, it is.@

"I don't like it either," Windu replied, "he effectively had control over the Jedi Ordwe now that we are declaring war."

"Stop the Sith quickly on Alderaan, we must," Yoda declared, "and prevent the war from spreading across the galaxy."
    "The sooner the chancellor gives up his power over the Jedi, the better," Obi Wan agreed.
    "Sending a cruiser to assist you and the queen, I am," Yoda said, "All the support possible, young Padme will need."

Count Dooku sat on the king's throne as his apprentice Darth Maul entered and bowed.
    "My master, I have failed you," the Zabrak said solemnly. He knew better than to delay his report. The Jedi Knights escaped with the princess, and a boy they discovered." Maul looked up at his master cautiously, carefully not to allow his terror to seep into the Force.
    Dooku was silent for several minutes. He stroked his white beard as he frowned intently. Finally, the elder Sith said, "Tell me about this boy." Maybe I'll be spared, Maul thought.
    "According to my sources, young Anakin Skywalker was a slave to Watto the Gen Dai, along with his mother and young brother. Anakin and his brother escaped after their mother was killed, and young Skywalker slayed Watto."
    "How did he do it?" Dooku asked with genuine interest.
    "I believe Skywalker used his bare hands to throw the crime lord across the room," Maul replied, "he must have felt much aggression."
    "Like a true dark side warrior," Dooku said. Maul sensed Dooku wasn't entirely focused on him, his mind was deep in thought.
    "Perhaps young Skywalker should be trained as a Sith," decided Dooku, "I feel certain young princess Organa will bring her party here, and Anakin will be with them."
    "What do you suggest?" asked Maul with fascination. His master never failed to come up with a plan.

The large Shuttle containing a hundred Jedi warriors awaited in the distant mountains of Alderaan, far from any clone trooper activity. Little master Yoda surveyed the area as Master Ki Adi Mundi assembled ranks. Many of the well-trained Jedi included Masters Eeth Koth, Yaddle, Yareal Poof, Depa Billaba, Saese Tinn and several others.
    "Be here soon, Master Windu and the others should," Yoda said as he gazed at the sky. Sure enough, Mace's battleship appeared through the clouds, touching down on the mountain surface.
    A moment later, Mace Windu, Obi Wan Kenobi, Princess Padme, Anakin Skywalker, and Artoo Deetoo all exited the ship. The princess stepped up to Yoda and bowed.
    "Master Jedi," she said respectfully, "I thank you for your service to Alderaan."
    "Pleased to see you are well, I am," Yoda replied, "Plan our attack soon, we must."
    "I have a plan," Padme said before anyone else could speak up, "Master Yoda and I will lead about fifty Jedi through the cities. There, we will free captives and arm them against the clones. Once we all reach the palace, we should be able to easily recapture it from the clone officers. Master Windu will take the rest of the Jedi in starfighters, to take out the fleet above."

Many of the Jedi stared with amazement at her brilliant plan, but nobody more so than Anakin. This girl was a true warrior.

"Agree to your plan, I do," Yoda said. He spoke to a half of the Jedi Knights assembled, including Obi Wan and Anakin."Take the speeders, we will, at my lead," the ancient master instructed, "Prepared, you all must be, to battle this clone army."

"We will serve to the death," master Kit Fisto promised.

"All of you," Windu said to the remaining Knights, "We will take our star fighters and attack Dooku's Star Destroyer. We will have to face TIE fighters as well. Are you all prepared?" The Jedi all saluted, holding their lightsaber hilts in front of them.

"Ready. Anakin?" Obi Wan asked as he climbed onto a speeder.

"I'm not sure," Anakin replied nervously as he got behind Obi Wan and held onto his waist.

"Don't worry," the young Jedi said assuringly, "My first time in battle was scary for me."

"Now!" Padme shouted from her speeder. Yoda sat behind her, small arms around her neck. The Jedi speeders took off down the mountain, as the remaining fifty Jedi got to their star fighters.

This would be a long adventure, Anakin thought as he and Obi Wan sped down after the other Jedi, he hoped he was prepared.

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Emperor Ferus: sorry I haven't been writing, Ive been going through a hard time. That said;

Darth Maul, followed by a squad of clones from the 501st Legion, marched through the streets of Alderaan's capital. According to his scouts, the Jedi were in the process of liberating villages on the way to the palace. Skywalker was apparently with them. Maul could tell with the Force exactly what direction the Jedi were coming from, and he was ready to let loose. The 212th was marching across the other side of the region, so the Jedi would be surrounded no matter where they went. Maul had planned this trap, knowing it would force them to retreat and eventually have no option than to be cut down.

"Sir, my scanner indicates the Jedi are accross the tundra, " Captain Rex reported, "about a thousand kilometers from here, in the village."

"Excellent work, captain," Maul replied. He could taste Kenobi's blood already. And then, he would take Skywalker as his own apprentice. Together, they would rule the galaxy and overthrow Dooku. For that was Maul's ultimate ambition. Like every Sith before him, Maul trained and prepared for the day of his great test, against his Sith Master. He would destroy Dooku and become the ruler of the universe. Nothing stood in his path, except Obi Wan Kenobi.

Count Dooku sat on the throne that was now his, when the holoprojector on the arm beeped. Dooku activated it, and a hologram of Admiral Yularen appeared. As well as the clones, Dooku had recruited several officers to command the Sith fleet. His wealth had done him many favors.
    "Count Dooku," Yularen reported, "Jedi star fighters are attacking the Star Destroyer."
    This is a full on attack, Dooku realized. The Jedi were prepared for galactic war. Well, so was Dooku.

"Summon the rest of the fleet from Mustafar," he commanded, "they will feel the full force of our military strength."

"Indeed, your excellency," Yularen said. He saluted Dooku as the hologram faded.

That night, the Jedi took refuge in the village of Prestor. This was the latest of their victories, now approaching the capital rapidly Too rapidly for Anakin. He knew the Sith were after him, he could sense it in the force, which even at a puny age and wig virtually no training he felt very strong in. That should have been a good thing, but it meant the Sith would be coming for him.

As he sat around the large campfire with the Jedi and villagers, Padme came next to him and said, "Something seems to be troubling you." Anakin, despite the fear that plagued him, felt warm that a powerful princess like Padme had made time to check in the wellbeing of Anakin, a mere squire of the Jedi Order.

"I'm afraid of the Sith," confided Anakin, "I know they want me in particular. I'm more powerful than most Jedi here." Anakin wasn't sure why he felt that way, but he did.

"I'm afraid too," Padme whispered, "afraid of my duty for my people. But the fear that we feel is our enemy, and we must face it before confronting anything else."

Wise words, Anakin thought. This girl was smarter than Master Windu and Obj Wan put together!
    "You have a beautiful way of thinking," he blurted out without thinking, "you have a perfect way of viewing everything."
    Padme was speechless. She hadn't expected to hear that from a fourteen-year-old boy, and didn't know how to respond . Her time spent training in the ways of royalty and politics had given her little time to socialize and learn the art of conversation.

As he spoke to the Prestor Chief, Yoda looked at the princess and squire talking, and frowned. Something wasn't quite right, but he wants t sure exactly what. He did know that it could be disastrous. Yoda decided it wasn't important now, the Jedi had a task at hand.

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Darth Maul and the 501st Legion crouched behind the rocks surrounding Prestor's outskirts. It was nearly dawn.
    "These villagers are primitive," Maul explained, "but they have the Jedi on their side. Try and keep away from the Jedi, and you'll have the advantage."
    "Understood, Lord Maul," Captain Rex replied, "When do we strike?"

"The Jedi will sense my presence in the force," the Sith apprentice replied, "they will come to challenge us. We'll be able to hold them off for a while, but they'll break our defenses. The 212th, led by Commander Cody, will attack them from behind at that point."

Sure enough, Maul could soon sense the Jedi sensing him. Master Yoda himself was among them. Suddenly, he had a premonition. He saw storm troopers marching through the streets of Coruscant. They marched past the Senate, saluting a hooded figure as they did so. Maul was certain the figure was him. He knew he was going to win.

Before long, Jedi could be seen in the distance, forming ranks. Maul could make out Yoda in the front. The Jedi all simultaneously revealed their blades, facing Maul and his troops.
    "Open fire!" Maul shouted. Less than a second later, the 501st legion was leaping over the rocks, letting loose with their weapons. The fifty Jedi barely had time to ignite their blades before the first wave of blasts struck. And they charged at the clones, led by master Yoda, who was like a tiny green tornado as he used the force against the clones. The ancient green master didn't need a lightsaber, he was on a whole other level. Maul would be at that level someday. The clone casualties didn't matter to Maul. They far outnumbered the Jedi Knights.

Maul scanned the battlefield for a certain master and apprentice. Before long, he saw Kenobi and little Skywalker, fighting side by side against the clones. Maul watched in grudging admiration as Anakin cut down Captain Rex. Even this early, the boy's lightsaber skill outmatched that of the fabled Obi Wan.

Maul watched with gleeful anticipation as Anakin saw him.
    "There he is, master!" the boy shouted.
    Obi Wan turned to face Maul. He evidently sensed that Maul's conquest was personal.
    "I can handle this, Anakin," the Jedi Knight cautioned, "stay away from him."
    "I'm taking him down," Anakin replied as he charged at Maul. Maul smiled and ignited his double-blades weapon. Obi Wan groaned and ran after Maul as well.
    It was time to isolate the two Jedi from the battle. Maul sprinted towards the village, followed by Anakin and Obi Wan.
    "Anakin, it's too dangerous!" Obi Wan yelled.
    At the first stone house, Maul turned to confront his Jedi attackers.
    Anakin waved his blue blade in aggression.
    "Already, you are failing as a teacher, Kenobi," Maul taunted, "Your student is resisting your attempts to restrain his power."
    To Anakin, he said, "I can sense your hate. That's good, use it to unlock your full potential."
    "Don't listen to him, Anakin," warned Obi Wan. Anakin lunged at Maul, who swung his lightsaber around to meet his strike. Anakin flew backwards at the vigor of Maul's attack. Obi Wan rushed forward and struck at Maul. Maul kicked Obi Wan in the midsection, sending him back.
    The battle was on.

A swarm of fifty Jedi starfighters lined up above Alderaan', ready to confront the Star Destroyer ahead.

"Red group, take the right," Mace Windu instructed, "Green group take the left."

"Master, there are several TIE fighters approaching from above," Shaak Ti pointed out.

"This is going to be rough," Windu said as he piloted his fighter towards the enemy ships. The other Jedi followed suit, firing at the clone pilots. The Tie fighters moved fast, but the pilots didn't have the force. Quickly and easily, the Jedi shot them down. More, however, hovered around the Star Destroyer.

The Jedi starfighters flew at the Star Destroyer, blasting at the ships around it. Suddenly, the Destroyer's cannon fired, hitting Master Yareal Poof's starfighters and blasting it into space.

Mace flinched in shock, but refused to be distracted. The stakes were higher than expected, but that didn't mean the Jedi couldn't triumph.

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    As the two Jedi dueled Maul in the streets, it was clear that their power combined was less than equal to his. Anakin realized, why can't he be beat? Is the dark side truly stronger? Obi Wan sensed the boys' thoughts but could not afford to be distracted from the duel.
    Civilians crowded to watch the lightsaber conflict, Padme among them. When she saw who was fighting Maul, she shouted "Anakin!" and fired her blaster at Maul. The Sith Lord deflected her shots with his double ended saber, while still blocking Anakin and Obi Wan's strikes.

Suddenly, Obi Wan felt a terrible chill. The situation was about to get much worse. He sensed a very dark and familiar presence, one he once associated with the presence of a grandfather.
    "Everyone go!" he shouted at the spectators. Trusting the word of the famed Jedi knight, the civilians took off running, Padme last of all. She looked back as she watched Anakin face the deadly challenge. She hoped he'd be okay, but she had a duty to her people now.
    Sure enough, a few minutes later, Dooku came marching up the boulevard, followed by a squad of troops from the 212th Legion. His red curved lightsaber was out, and Dooku appeared very ready to do battle.
    Maul broke off from the duel and went to stand by his master. Anakin and Obi Wan circled around the two Sith.
    "What do we do?" Anakin asked, his fear increasing.
    "Follow my lead," Obi Wan said calmly, "more Jedi should be here soon."

"Young Kenobi," Dooku said warmly, "I am pleased to see you again. Last I saw you, you were but a learner."
    "Enough small talk, Dooku," Obi Wan retorted.
    Dooku sighed. "If you insist." He sprang at Obi Wan in a sudden and surprising frenzy, forcing the Jedi to retreat several meters. Dooku pushed his attack, forcing Obi Wan away from his apprentice.
    The clones that had accompanied Dooku rushed after the civilians.
    Anakin stared at Maul and held his blue blade in front of him.
    "I'm not afraid of you," he said with what little confidence he had.
    Maul smiled, but not warmly like Dooku. His smile was like that of a predator ready to pounce.
    "Of course you aren't," he replied, "the dark side is nothing to fear."
    Anakin lunged at Maul, striking his blade hard. Maul blocked the attack, then turned to strike with his other blade. Anakin jumped backwards and aimed low.
    This child is a prodigy, Maul thought as he parried the blow, he could actually be a threat. So much for recruiting him, Maul decided. Even if they assassinated Dooku together, Anakin's power would certainly eclipse Maul's own, and Maul would be destroyed. So he'd have to find another apprentice. This boy had to die here and now.

As Maul gained the offensive, Anakin looked into his eyes and realized this wasn't a game. This was life or death. As he deflected Maul's blows with decreasing ease, Anakin tried to eradicate his fear. That led to the dark side, and would prevent him from winking. Instead, Anakin focused on his hate and rage. These emotions fueled his power, he realized, they would help him against this Zabrak.
    Anakin ducked forward as he swung his blade. The saber cut through Maul's, creating two separate sabers. Maul glared angrily at Anakin, then swiped both blades at him. Anakin stepped back as he rapidly blocked the blows. Thinking of nothing but conquering his opponent, Anakin surged forwards, cutting through Maul's wrist. Maul's hand and the lightsaber it contained fell to the stone floor.
    Still holding one blade in his remaining hand, Maul stared at Anakin in shock. This boy could be the end of him, here and now. To his embarrassment, Maul found himself hoping Dooku would hurry up and come save him.
    Maul attacked with his remaining hand, but both of them knew who the victor was. Anakin sliced off Maul's other arm, forcing the Sith Lord to his knees.

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Maul looked at Anakin's face, unable to hide the fear in his eyes and the force. It was inconceivable that a fourteen year old could defeat the mighty Darth Maul, when not even Mace Windu and Obi Wan Kenobi could together. All of Maul's ambitions, his training, everything he had worked for, meant nothing now. Because of a mere squire, Maul would die here, his career as a Sith cut short.

"You're finished, Sith Lord," Anakin said tiredly, glowering back at Maul. He picked one of Maul's red sabers and held it at Maul's neck. Anakin waited, wanting to see him beg for mercy. None came.

"You've won," Maul said monotonously, "what are you waiting for.?" Suddenly, he grinned mockingly. "Are you afraid to take a life?"
    "Not if it's yours," snapped Anakin. Without another word, he cut both lightsabers through Maul's body. With that, Darth Maul, night brother and Sith Lord, was dead. Anakin stared down at the corpse. He deactivated both sabers and put his own onto his belt. Gazing at Maul, he saw the Zabrak still grinning hauntingly; even at death. His last thought had been that he had broken Anakin, that his downfall towards the dark side was ensured.
    As Anakin continued to study Maul's body, he realized he felt absolutely nothing. Taking a life in cold blood should have unsettled him, especially at a young age, but Anakin realized that it didn't at all.

Mace Windu continued to lead the Jedi starfighters above Alderaan.
    "Aim for the cannons," he said into the radio. A few more Jedi had been taken out already, as it became harder to combat the Tie Fighters. He fired his laser at an enemy ship as he weaved under the Star Destroyer. Mace had to turn his ship sideways to avoid the cannon blast.
    "Master Windu," Jedi Knight Coleman Trebor spoke into the radio, "I've disabled the forward gun."
    "Excellent!" Windu replied as he spun around the cannon, "now all we have to do is take out the guns down here!"
    TIE fighters flew under the Star Destroyer at Mace's starfighter. More starfighters came nearby to cover Mace as he swarmed around the blaster cannon, looking for an angle to fire from.
    "Keep it busy, I will," Master Yaddle said in the same speech pattern Yoda usually spoke in. Yaddle was the same species as master Yoda, but only four hundred eighty-two, only half Yoda's age.
    Yaddle piloted her starfighter towards the cannon, firing at it. As it blasted at her starfighter, Mace locked onto the cannon and fired. Before long, it exploded, but Yaddle had been hit by the blast. Mace reflected on this sadly for a brief second, then said, "We've disabled the Star Destroyer. Now let's go help Yoda and the others with those clones."

Not in a celebratory mood, the Jedi flew their starfighters back towards Alderaan's atmosphere. The battle was far from over.

Admiral Yularen stood on the command bridge.
    "Sir," a clone officer said as he ran into the room, "the Jedi have destroyed our TIE fighters and disabled our fire power."
    Yularen winced. "Count Dooku will be displeased," he commented, more to Hines than the officer.
    "The fleet of Star Deatroyers is almost here," the clone officer replied assuringly, "then we can overpower the Jedi troops."
    Yularen sighed in relief. Any failures would be pinned on him.
    "Very good," he said, "let's hope they come here soon."

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Obi Wan and Dooku continued to clash blades, as they moved in circles. Obi Wan hoped Anakin was doing all right against a full grown Sith Lord, after barely two days of knowing he had Jedi potential. He hated to put the youngster in this situation, but there was no other choice.
    Dooku grinned as he locked blades with Obi Wan.
    "You still have much to learn," he taunted, "the ways of the Jedi have poisoned you, as they nearly poisoned me."
    "Your narrow views will always ensure your defeat," replied Obi Wan defiantly. Although Dooku was far more experienced than Maul, Obi Wan was familiar with Dooku's style of combat; Dooku had learned it as a young Jedi, and he had passed it onto his apprentice, Qui Gon Jinn, before turning to the dark side. In turn, Qui Gon had passed it on to his own squire, Obi Wan himself.
    The two men, young and old, continued to duel, when both of them realized something critical. They were at a stalemate. They each knew the other's moves, their skill in the force was equal. Obi Wan could not win on his own.
    Fortunately, he didn't need to. Behind Dooku came Master Yoda, accompanied by both Padme and Mace Windu.
    "Lost, you have, my old student," Yoda remarked. He picked up Dooku with the force and threw him about sixteen meters back. Dooku landed on his backside, then leapt to his feet.
    Looking at all his opponents, Dooku realized he could not win against them. However, he still had a chance to win the battle.
    "This is only the beginning," he said, leaping away. Mace, Yoda, and Obi Wan sprinted after him, but Dooku was fast and agile for his old age. Dooku leapt onto a roof and lifted a piece of stone with the force. He hurled at his antagonists. Mace sliced the slab of stone with his violet blade and leapt up after Dooku. The Sith Lord had vanished.

"Regroup with the others, we must," Yoda said, "escaped Dooku has, and more ships, he will summon."

"What about Anakin?" said Padme, "he's in danger!"

"Let's go find him," Obi Wan replied. The group hurried down the alley. At the town square, they saw Anakin standing in the distance looking down at something.
    "Anakin!" shouted Obi Wan. As he approached, he saw Maul's body at his squire's feet. All three of them froze in shock and gaped. Could it really be true. Had Anakin; a fourteen year old who had been a slave three days ago, with no lightbswr or force training, just defeated an experienced Sith Lord, one that two of the most powerful Jedi Knights of all time could not beat?

"Skywalker," Mace said slowly, "Did you do this?" The boy nodded, expressionless. No emotions registered from him in the force. Obi Wan took in the scene. He wasn't sure whether to be proud or scared of his new protege.
    "Anakin, said Padme softly.
    "He wanted to kill me and I killed him first," Anakin stated blankly, as if it wa no big deal.

Suddenly, Mace's comliknk blinked. "Master Windu!" exclaimed Master Eeth Koth, "Ten more star destroyers are in orbit, with hundreds of Tie Fighters and clones!"
    The group looked up to see several enemy ships visible in the distance. This looked very serious.

"I have a bad feeling about this," Padme said, "we need to contact the Senate now, and get help."
    "I'm not sure what they can do," Mace replied gravely, "but we can try."

Through hyperspace, Senator Organa's shuttle, Tantive IV, raced towards Alderaan, accompanied by hundreds of more Jedi starfighters and battleships. On the Tantive's command center with Bail stood his protocol droid, C3PO, Chancellor Palpatine, and Master Jorrus Caboath.
    "Let's hope our Jedi ships can take out the Sith fleet," remarked Bail, "or else Alderaan is doomed."
    "Now, now, Senator," Palpatine replied, "we must have confidence in our troops. They're our only hope." Especially the boy Skywalker, the chancellor thought to himself. He'd be very interested in meeting the boy indeed.

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    The surviving Jedi Masters stood atop the mountain range where their transports were parked. As Yoda, Mace, Anakin, and Padme came up, Ki Adi Mundi walked up and said, "I don't know if there's anything we can do. Dooku's fleet appears more powerful than anything the republic can provide."
    "Senator Organa is on his way with more Jedi fighters," Mace replied, "but nowhere near the size of that fleet."
    "Kept an eye on Dooku after he left the Jedi, we should have," remarked Yoda sadly.
    "We can't just surrender," Padme said determinedly, "not after what we've already fought for."

"If we surrender to Dooku," Obi Wan added, "he'll take us hostage and force the chancellor to step down."

Anakin stood silently, listening to the adults talking. He had bested a Sith Lord in lightsaber combat, something neither Mace Windu or Obi Wan could. If he could do that, why couldn't he take out the Star Destroyers?
    "I'm doing this for you,Padme!" he shouted as he impulsively sprinted for Mace's starfighter. Before anyone could stop him; Anakin had jumped into the cockpit and started the engine. Arfour was perched in the wing, beeping in protest.
    "Relax, Arfour," Anakin said, "I can do this." The masters outside were screaming at him, but Anakin didn't care. He blasted off into the sky, straight for the Fleet.
    "We can't let him go out there alone," Obi Wan said.
    "All of you, into your fighters," Mace commanded, "we have to do this the hard way!" It was all or nothing.

In his personal shuttle, Dooku flew up towards the command ship, the Executor. Grand Admiral Tarkin another hired officer, spoke to him via hologram. Like the Dookus, the Tarkins were an influential aristocratic family in galactic politics. Because he favored fellow aristocrats, Dooku had promoted Tarkin to the top of the Sith military.
    "My lord," he said, "the Jedi have decided to launch an attack on our Star Destroyers."
    "Don't worry, Admiral," Dooku replied confidently, "they will be no match for our strength."

Tarkin hesitated before continuing. He knew he was at a constant risk of facing Dooku's displeasure, but a good soldier put their duty before their own life. Tarkin was no coward. "Our scouts have found Darth Maul dead in the village of Prestor," he reported, "a Jedi beat him in combat."

Dooku still did not lose his cool. He had known Maul would meet his fate on Alderaan, but he had no true need for his apprentice any longer. He had his clone army and fleet to increase his power until he could recruit Anakin to the Sith. Dooku doubted his own Sith master, Lord Sidious, would be unsettled by Maul's death either.
    "I'll join you on the Executor in a few minutes," Dooku said, "then we can crush the Jedi army and the republic."

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    The Jedi fleet followed Mace's fighter containing Anakin and Arfour.
    "Relax," Anakin told the red astromech, "this will be a piece of cake."
    Obi Wan's voice came onto the radio. "Anakin Skywalker," he said angrily. He almost reminded Anakin of Watto, with his commanding tone. "Return to the planet immediately. Us fully trained Knights will deal with these cruisers."
    Anakin shut it off. The greatest fighter in the history of the Jedi couldn't beat a twenty-five year old Sith apprentice in his twenties and Anakin had.
    The nearest Star Destroyer was directly facing Anakin's starfighter. As Anakin piloted towards it, a laser came from the forward cannon. Anakin flew upward to dodge it as he saw a terrifying number of TIE fighters emerging from the Star Destroyers. Fortunately, the rest of the starfighters had caught up to him, and began engaging the enemy ships in dogfights.

Down on the planet surface, Yoda, Mace and Padme watched as the Tantive IV descended onto the mountain summit. As it did so, the ramp opened and Bail Organa, Palpatine, and their escorts came out.
    Padme ran to embrace her uncle. "The Sith have us hostage," she said, showing more fear and vulnerability than ever, "I don't know what to do." Padme felt powerless, watching as the Jedi tried to take on the Sith command ships while she couldn't do anything as the princess.
    "Don't worry, Padme," her uncle Bail reassured her, "we can still hope that our Jedi friends will succeed."
    "Masters," Palpatine addressed the two Jedi, "I hope you're prepared for a long term war."
    Mace frowned. "If our Knights defeat Dooku's navy, there'll be no conflict."
    "I wouldn't underestimate the power of the Sith," Palpatine replied, "I understand that you and young Kenobi had difficulty facing Dooku's apprentice."
    "Our new squire, Skywalker, defeated him," Mace replied slowly. He seemed embarrassed and unwilling to admit his failure. Palpatine smiled. Since he was a boy, something about the Jedi had disgusted him. He wasn't sure if it was their sanctimonious demeanor or their disregard for the democracy of the republic, but he had a secret hatred of the Jedi Knights.
    "This boy skywalker must have great power," he said, "Id like to meet him."
    Yoda looked up angrily at the chancellor. "Acted foolishly, Anakin has," he replied in annoyance, "attacked the fleet alone, he has." Rather than shock, the chancellor looked impressed. "Well, then a republic victory is ensured."

Grand Admiral Tarkin bowed as Count Dooku walked onto the command bridge, followed by a group of clones. At Tarkin's side were General Solo and the younger Captain Palleon.
    "Your highness," Tarkin said to the Sith Lord, "the Jedi starfighters have launched an attack, led by Mace Windu."
    "No, that's Skywalker," Dooku replied knowingly, "he's decided to be the hero."
    General Solo, an older officer from Corellia, spoke up. "Count," he said, "we should launch a retreat. We could lose valuable ships and men."
    Dooku stared at him blankly. "For your sake, General, I hope you don't mean that those puny starfighters are any match for our military powers."
    General Solo was not easily talked down. "We don't know their capabilities," he replied boldly, "our military comes from your wealth, while theirs comes from talent and genuine power." Dooku stood and stared at him with no clear expression. Then, he slowly raised his hand. Solo gasped for breath, but Dooku held his throat with the Force.
    "Your lack of faith in our might bothers me," he said as if at a diplomatic conference, "that sort of thinking has no place in the confederacy.
    Do you understand?"
    "Yes...." gasped the general. He was quickly losing air. His face was very purple.
    "Too little, too late," Dooku replied, showing menace in his face and voice. Tarkin frowned at him. He felt Dooku wasn't being wise in disposing of a skilled military leader, but he dared not interfere.
    Finally, Solo dropped dead on the floor. He should have thought before speaking. He'd never see his family again, his son Han now an orphan.
    "Let stay focused on our objective," Dooku said, his diplomatic manner resumed, "destroy all Jedi except Anakin Skywalker."

Iron_lord likes this.
  18. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    As Obi Wan blasted TIE fighters surrounding the Star Destroyer Integrity, he tried to radio Anakin on Mace's starfighter.
    "Anakin, you need to return to Alderaan," he ordered firmly, "we can handle these ships." No reply. Obi Wan scanned the battle scene for Anakin but could not see him.
    "Master Mundi," he said, switching channels, "any sign of my stubborn squire?"
    "I'm afraid not," Ki Adi Mundi replied as he shot at the laser guns attached to the Integrity.

"I'm up here!" Anakin said into the radio. He was piloting his fighter straight for the command bridge of the Star Destroyer. He had
    a plan to take out more of them faster.

Colonel Omega watched on the Integrity as a single fighter remained above the ship. Two clone officers stood at his side.
    "That Jedi starfighter is heading for us!" one clone pointed out. "Concentrate all fire on that ship," Omega said as calmly as possible to the crew. It was hard to keep his cool in such a dangerous situation. Most of the starfighters were busy with the TIE fighters, but this one was able to avoid them all.
    Anakin fired right at the control tower. "Take this, you bastards!" he muttered to himself. Omega gaped in horror as the fighter flew straight at the window, firing its lasers.
    "Don't let it through!" Omega shouted in a panic. The command crew worked frantically down below to deflect the attack, but the fighter was mere feet away. As the lasers hit the window and shattered it, Omega and the clones ran from the window. The lasers tore through, exploding on the command bridge. Anakin piloted upwards just as he was about to crash and shouted in relief and excitement.
    "Anakin," Obi Wan patiently explain over the radio, "this isn't a game. Try and be more serious." But he couldn't surpress his amazement as the Integrity dove straight down, crushing through the nearby Star Destroyer called the Invisivle Hand. Both ships lost control, crumbling in an explosion.
    "He defeated two ships at once!" marveled Kit Fisto as he watched Anakin fly towards the Rude Awakening to repeat his tactic.
    "He's really something else," admitted Obi Wan.

Down on the planet surface, Yoda, Mace, Padme, Bsil and Palpatine watched the battle in space.
    "The Star Destroyers seem to be going down easy," Mace observed.
    Yoda thought for a moment. "Affecting the outcome, Anakin's piloting abilities are," he said.
    Padme merely prayed that the Jedi would succeed. She could see the Star Destroyers burning up, but she also saw Alderaan in flames. She wasn't sure how, or why, but she feared that her vision was the future.

Dooku sat in his private chamber, deep in meditation. Battle meditation was an ancient force technique used to influence the outcome of a battle. Dooku focused on the Tie fighters outside the Exexutor, willing them to defend against the Jedi starfighters. He sensed that Master Trebor had gone down, as well as Eeth Koth. Many more followed, and would continue to go down until every Jedi was dust.
    As Dooku concentrated deeply, he sensed Grand Admiral Tarkin outside his chamber. Without turning around in his chair, Count Dooku said tonelessly, "What is it, Admiral."
    "Your majesty," Tarkin replied, trying hard to hide his fear of the Sith Lord, "a single Jedi starfighter has destroyed more than half of our fleet singlehandedly, and is heading straight for the Executor."
    Count Dooku turned in his chair to face Tarkin. He frowned as he considered the situation. "What do you suggest?" he asked. This was embarrassing, being faced by a teenage orphan, and at the risk of destruction.

"We should signal a retreat," Tarkin replied slowly, not wanting to anger his master, "so that we have a chance to reassemble our clones, and continue to produce more. We shouldn't risk our goals right here and now."
    Dooku stroked his beard and pondered. He hated to admit it, but Tarkin was completely right. Dooku was not foolish enough to make a poor decision just to prove a point, and retreating was the most logical choice. Everyone would pay for this like never before.

"Very well," Dooku sighed reluctantly, "Order all remaining ships to flee to our outpost on Bespin."
    "Of course, count," Tarkin bowed and hurried away before Dooku could change his mind.

Once on the command bridge, Tarkin could see that the guns had been taken out, and young Skywalker was battling through TIE Fighters. This was very serious indeed. Tarkin ran up to a computer and spoke into the intercom.
    "All separatist command ships, retreat to our base on Bespin," he commanded quickly, "this battle has turned for the worse."
    Static on the radio. Then, a commander from another Star Destroyer spoke up. "Grand Admiral," he pointed out, "what of the batallions of clones on Alderaan?"

"Recall them to their stations," Tarkin replied hastily, "we have to leave the system quickly."

The deck officers instantly prepared the Destroyer for launch. Tarkin stared out the window at Alderaan. The Seperatists had come so close to winning, defeating the Jedi scum. On the bright side, Tarkin thought, they had an army, that would wage war on the republic for years to come. The Executor entered light speed, followed by the remaining ships.

The Jedi starfighter were left hovering above Alderaan, a few lingering TIE Fighters scrambling to flee.

"I... don't believe it," Ki Adi Mundi stammered, "they just backed off"

Obi Wan couldn't restrain his pride any more, whether Anakin had done wrong or not. "It's because of Anakin's skill," he sad happily, "he destroyed those ships."
    Each and every Jedi knew it was true, as they flew back down to Alderaan. As he piloted in Mace's fighter, Anakin could not help but genuinely smile at Obi Wan's praise, something he had rarely done his whole life. He almost forgot his recent pain at his mother's death, the separation from Owen. Right now, he could have fought a hundred Darth Mauls.

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Yoda studied the starfighters as they triumphantly descended back onto Alderaan's snowy mountain peaks. Though Padme and Bail could not help but smile, the Jedi masters remained serious as they considered Anakin's achievements. Nobody could deny his power or worthiness of apprenticeship, maybe even knighthood, given his prodigious skill, but he was still not completely...safe to train.
    The Jedi Knights cheered as they climbed out of their fighters. Anakin beamed with pride as they ran to him and lifted him up. Nobofy, despite their Jedi discipline, could hold their joy back. This was a glorious victory, all because of Anakin Skywalker. Obi Wan joined in the cheering as he held Anakin in the air around the other Jedi.

Through the crowd came Padme, smiling more than Anakin had ever seen. This made him feel even better. "I knew you could do it Padme whispered as she embraced the young Jedi. Anakin felt very light headed, almost giddy with happiness. It was incredible that an hour ago, he was faced with the threat of both Maul and the Sith fleet. Now, nothing stood in the way.
    "Alderaan owes you everything," Senator Organa declared as he walked to Anakin followed by Threepio, "thank you, Anakin Skywalker."
    "I'm glad to do my job as a Jedi," Anakin replkies, shaking the man's hand. Mace alsmost screamed in frustration. Did this kid actually think he was a Jedi yet? He had the abilities of one, but not the discipline. Anakin had a long way to go.
    Chancellor Palpatine stepped up to Anakin. "May I speak to the boy privately, aboard the Tantive IV!"
    "I don't think he wants..." Obi Wan began.
    "I insist," the chancellor interrupted, "come, Anakin." Anakin followed Chancellor Palpatine towards Bail's shuttle. Yoda watched them go, sensing further darkness in young Skywalker. The aged Jedi master was unsure what to think of the republic leader's interest in the young squire.

"Anakin," Palpatine said as they sat down at the conference table, "what you've done today, is simply extraordinary. No Jedi, or any organism, had managed to do what you did."
    "Thank you, sir," replied Anakin quietly. He was becoming embarrassed by the attention.
    "No, thank you," Palpatine said gleefully, "you're a galactic hero."
    Anakin felt th embarrassment leave him, replaced by a sort of satisfaction of the chancellor's praise. It felt even better than Obi Wan's.
    "Your battle accomplishments will be remembered in history for thousands of years," Palpatine stated, beaming at Anakin like a proud grandfather.
    "Sir," Anakin asked curiously, "where's Dooku now?" He was sure the Sith Lord would want to hunt him down more than ever now that Anakin had humiliated him and his military.
    "Oh, don't you worry about that!" Palpatine exclaimed, "he won't be any threat for a while. Listen, Anakin," he said as his tone became serious, "if ever you need a confidant outside the Jedi order, I will be there."
    "What do you mean?"
    "I expect you will not always be satisfied by the Jedi's help and teachings," the chancellor said, "I'll be glad to help with any problems you may have, or anything the jedi won't listen to."
    "Thank you, chancellor," replied Anakin.

That night, the Jedi and their allies are at the Prestor village, gathering at a bonfire in the town square. Anakin are with Padme and her family, while Obi Wan chatted with local residents. Artoo Deetoo loyally stayed at his masters side. There was a general mood of warmth and rejoicing that the threat of the Sith was over. At least for now.
    Mace and Yoda discussed the course of events.
    "Still at large, Dooku is," Yoda stated grimly, "and he will strike again with his army."
    "Then we must be ready to retaliate," Mace replied, "the jedi are now soldiers of the republic."
    "The clone war has begun," Yoda declared sadly. Centuries ago,he had had a vision of a war between the Jedi and an army of clones. He had not understood who the winning side would be in his premonition, but he knew that the Jedi would do their part to restore stability in the galaxy.
    "I sense Dooku isn't acting alone," said Mace thoughtfully, "even without Maul, Dooku is collaborating with another force user."
    Yoda considered this bit of information. Master Windu had always been able to sense things Yoda hadn't.
    "Curious I am," Yoda said more to himself than Mace, "if this other dark one is another apprentice, or if Dooku answers to him as a master."

Palpatine listened intently to the conversation, as he stared into the fire. The Jedi had won for now, but the conflict was nowhere near over.
    To be continued....
    Music in the soundtrack: Duel of the Fates, Across the Stars, Luke's theme

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Iron_lord likes this.
  21. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away....

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    The republic is confronted with a dark age. Although the Jedi Knights saved Alderaan from the clone invasion, Count Dooku has expanded his military and political control across the galaxy. As he rallies the Separatist planets, Dooku gains an army in hopes of invading the Republic capital Coruscant.

As teams of Jedi Knights and squires are sent to planets to repel invading Separatist clones, Dooku seeks to locate Anakin Skywalker, the Jedi apprentice who bested his fleet and his student Darth Maul. He has sent bounty hunters in search of Anakin,
    the squire of Obi Wan Kenobi.

In the midst of the conflict, the Jedi Masters struggle to locate Count Dooku's mysterious Sith Master, who works behind the scenes of the separatist cause. Many Jedi are dispatched to search for the hidden phantom, including Obi Wan Kenobi....

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016

Iron_lord likes this.
  24. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016