main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Rogue One Trailers and TV Spots

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth_Articulate, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
  2. Pewbacca

Pewbacca Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 31, 2016
    My goodness, the second thumbnail is ever so tempting.. MUST RESIST. [face_praying]

3. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I don't think this has been posted yet:

dekaneas likes this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    with the movie now releasing next week is there any point in anyone watching any trailers/spots anymore? Given SW fans can't resist the urge...:p
    without even watching the 2nd spot, it seems like it's one of those that shows more than it should.

dekaneas likes this.
  5. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    First video is safe.

Second video..... I thought you were cool, Mon Mothma.

dekaneas and Darth_Pevra like this.
  6. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Told you there would be disagreements on the alliance strategy.

7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

IDK seems like more everyone wants to surrender so far.

8. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    You call Mothma calling for a surrender an improvement? :_|

And let me guess, Jyn talks them all into continuing to fight.

dekaneas, vncredleader and Jim Ryalto like this.
  9. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    But do they?

And no Pevra, it's not going to be like that in that scene.

Seriously, it's not even close to the whole scene. Wait until you've seen the film before calling it out for things it probably isn't doing.

EHT and thejeditraitor like this.
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

For all we know she could be talking about Scarif maybe things are going south, call of the attack retreat. Surrender and retreat.

11. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    Character growth for Mon. She goes from nearly giving up to leading the rebel alliance to victory and establishing a new republic. That's pretty awesome, actually. This first major victory is a big deal for the alliance and what makes them a viable threat. If Jyn happens to be the catalyst for that....good.

Satipo likes this.
  12. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    My guess is not everyone thinks an attack on Scarif is the right call and could be too big a risk.

And yes, Mon Mothma can have doubts.

And yes, it's ok for the leads of the movie to be the heroes. I'm so bored of this idea that only the original big three are allowed to do anything or be heroes, or that there can be no progression, deepening or subversion of what we thought we knew.

13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well isn't she already leading the Rebel Alliance at the start of the movie?

vncredleader and Darth_Pevra like this.
  14. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Right. This is the person who built the Rebellion under constant threat to her own life and that of her allies.

vncredleader and Jim Ryalto like this.
  15. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    That doesn't mean she's always right or can't be overly cautious. It's not as if the Rebels have made any major strides so far. Scarif is there first major victory and has been since the ANH crawl. It makes perfect sense if they haven't made a breakthrough yet if they've been too used to working in the shadows. If the Rogues and a bunch of rebel commandos take the risk anyway, that seems like great tension and a raising of the stakes. Top brass doesn't think they can do it. Classic war movie stuff. Sounds good to me.

EHT, Dr_Cthulhu, El_Machete12 and 2 others like this.
  16. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    She's leading it, but it seems they aren't all on the same page. The events of Rogue One seem to get them there. Seeing Mon being hesitant and wanting to retreat would fit that model, and it becomes interesting when you know that the victory means she can finally lead a united front. The confidence to eventually lead them to their victories at Endor and Jakku.

17. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Exactly. And we also don't know what their other strategic options are. A direct attack on Scarif may be deemed suicide that would leave the Galaxy at the mercy of the Empire forever. Also, there is supposed to be tension. There is supposed to be conflict. Wouldn't the Rebel command calmly assessing the threat and all moving forwards as one be exactly what we've seen three times before now?

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Yeah even in the old EU she was overly hesitant about everything. Took Starkiller and a Rogue Rebel General just to attack Kamino.

Satipo likes this.
  19. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Leia always felt bolder anyway. I have a feeling MM and others feel that if they attack Scarif, the risks are too great and that they need to regroup and play the long game, waiting for a better chance to make their move (which is maybe where they have. Ren going wrong all this time). Others will feel that if they don't strike now it's game over. Ultimately, the battle of Scarif is going to be the first game changer in the galactic civil war.

General_Leia_Organa likes this.
  20. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i wonder if the rebels going to through that opening in the shield gate is the reason why the emperor had a shield that encompassed both the moon of endor and the DS II.

Satipo likes this.
  21. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Ha! Yes!!!! Good spot. I bet that is the thinking there.

vncredleader likes this.
  22. Jim Ryalto

Jim Ryalto Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 21, 1998
    Mon Mothma advocating surrender? Horrible. I don't know how you guys are defending this garbage. It's a total betrayal of her character. Suddenly the leader of the entire Rebellion turns yellow-belly just so Scrappy Doo can tell everyone what's what. UGHHHHH.

23. Skillzwalker

Skillzwalker Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2015
    It is understandable that the alliance has doubts, they must fear the whole thing is a trap as they have no reason to trust Galen. Likewise its perfectly understandable Jyn has total faith in her Father, even from the tidbits we have seen we can see there is a strong bond between them. I am sure both lines will be expanded upon and to be honest the trope of Jyn having faith in her father and believing beyond all others could not be more Star Wars if it tried!

this movie is going to kick ass on all levels, action, tension, tragedy and more and more I feel emotionally. In fact it could it match ANH for that although it will be much more a mix of emotions as I expect a lot of sadness at the end with a good dollop of hope/satisfaction.

Toddy, EHT, Artoo-Dion and 3 others like this.
  24. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Oh ffs. Maybe you are not the sole arbiter of what is or isn't garbage, especially when you're itching to jump to the terrible version your imagination offers up. Living to fight another day is not surrender. Talk about hyperbole. And this scrappy do crap is every bit as lame as the Mary Sue crap. The film will give the full context of what is going on here, not 20 seconds of footage - and it won't be your worst case scenario of it.

25. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    To be fair Mothma is probably thinking in terms of saving lives. If the mission fails not only is the Rebellion done for, but they will be punished by a super weapon that can destroy the planets of every senator or military leader involved. I am sure when Bail and Organa first started the rebellion all those years ago after the Clone Wars, they didn't anticipate a planet destroyer down the line.

Imagine essentially leading a winless Rebellion for twenty years and still pushing through sheer perseverance amd adherence to ideals, just to have a super weapon knock on your front door. Even Bail in the clip looks tired and weary after the past two decades. The Death Star is essentially a death sentence, and the only way to even have a shot is to pull a major win after 20 years of being chased and beaten. Surrendering may just be their only path to survival for their people and close ones (I am sure Bail was thinking of Leia specifically when being briefed on this super weapon...)

I like how this outsider, who has been on the run since a child and has been just as affected by the Empire as everyone else, is able to stand up and say "No. We have to do this. There is no other choice." Can you imagine what is going through all those rebel leaders' minds when she of all people advocates to fight? "This criminal who refused to help us and cared only for herself wants to fight, and we don't?"

It's like the old classic tale of the young upstart reminding the weary old vet (s) what they have been fighting for this whole time. And I like that.