main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London 'Star Wars Identities' Coming to London!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 25, 2016.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    BBC News

Star Wars fans can get a rare glimpse at original costumes from the franchise, including one of Darth Vader's suits, in an exhibition open to the public in London later this year.
    At least 200 original props from all seven films have been curated into the interactive show, which will be based at the O2 in Greenwich.
    The props have been loaned by the Lucas Museum of Narrative Art, established by the saga's creator George Lucas.
    The exhibition opens on 8 November.

For more info and some pics hit the link above. I don't normally go all the way out to O2 but I might for this!

2. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    Did the original one in Barbican Centre around 200, which had all of the original trilogy stuff back then. After 16 years we get an updated version!

Will deffo pay it a visit, will be interesting how much o2 / Disney charge.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Here's the O2 page for the exhibit. Tickets go on sale Friday.

Last costume etc show I did was in 2007 - the show they had going at the same time as CE. I think it was at County Hall or very close to there.

4. Jadefire1

Jadefire1 Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2016
    So looking forward to this. Nice that it will be running for a while, as well (18 November 2016 – 3 September 2017).

Finding the ticket sales site unnecessarily complicated, though.

5. fizzbin

fizzbin Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    I went to the Barbican one in 2000 too, great display. I think they're doing another one next year, a general sci-fi one but with lots of SW stuff too.

I'll get round to the O2 one before it closes, it's £25 I think.

6. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    So what did people think about the exhibition? I thought the underlying theme of how different influences shape your personality was pretty interesting. The interactive element is fun as you get to create your own Star Wars character,

Masses of props, models and artwork to see, although some of it has been exhibited before. It understandably focuses on episodes 1-6 as the exhibition was created in 2012, although there is a little bit of The Force Awakens content.

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'll probably try to go after the holidays. O2 is a bit of a haul for me - almost as bad as CE was.

8. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    Went to Identities today, really enjoyed it, lots of costumes & props and concept art. I thought the interactive part was great fun although I thought you be assigned a character based on questions about your personality rather than just making it all yourself but it was still very cool. I ended up with a Togruta pilot from Cloud City and my wife a Mon Cal Jedi from Endor! Well worth the price & journey.

9. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    This is a bit of a late post, but I recently visited the Star Wars Identities in London and it was great, there was so much to look at. The model of the Star Destroyer was huge! Also, there was so much concept art with some really wonderful pieces. Of course, the best part was the creation of my character, it was really fun. It was definitely an experience and recommend to anyone who is thinking of going. The only downside was the cost of a day trip. If you are a student you can get tickets for £15, but there is also the travel. The day ended up costing me £95 as I took another person and also got food. It was worth it though. :)

There was also very little merchandise in the shop as well, but the t-shirts were really cool!