main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One The Rogue One title font and title music

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Unkar's Muffins, Dec 28, 2016.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    You're not properly preparing to see a SW movie if you can't go into the theater already aware of everything you're supposed to hate about it. :p

2. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I've hummed the main theme quite a lot for what it's worth

TCF-1138 and Larsonator like this.
  3. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I think it's always tricky when you try to imitate John Williams. It just felt a tad off. I wonder if in the future the composers will be given a little more freedom to deviate from the Williams style.

4. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    The big issue I think you need to consider with the title scene is that it wasn't really an "introduction" so much as actively part of the plot. The opening scene ends with Jyn beign discovered by Saw and his "we have a long journey ahead of us" line which obviously brings expectations of us seeing Jyn growing into a hero under his care. The music I think plays on this at first with the big heroic fanfare before suddenly getting cut off and with only an uncertain echo remaining which sums up the cut to Jyn in jail perfectly, the standard heroic story didn't happen and is just a memory for her now.

5. Unkar's Muffins

Unkar's Muffins Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2002

Maybe. But I still don't like it. Even TCW or Rebels music is better.

6. kanjiklubbed

kanjiklubbed Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2017
    The structure of the title opening reminds me of the JJ Star Trek opening, same composer. At my first viewing, I didn’t care for it (same as for the ST movie) and I found the music there and during the first Yavin IV seen to be really jarring. After multiple viewings though, and listening to the soundtrack, it has really grown on me. I really like the “cold” opening.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk