main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I just want to say that seeing a neo-Nazi getting smacked in the face live on national television whilst explaining his Pepe the Frog pin is an early candidate for best moment of the year.

2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Hey guys it's okay that Obama bombed innocents because he feels bad about it lmao are you for real sinister.

For the rest of their lives, the family members of people bombed by Obama and the survivors with missing limbs will have to bear with it too.

3. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    Considering the election was won because one candidate went to states that weren't considered in play and another did not, very recent history proves this flat out wrong.

No. It wouldn't be about states. It would be about population centers. So this really isn't about "other states", now is it?

I live in a state that has voted the same way my entire adult (voting) life. Yet I still manage to vote each cycle. Voting isn't the time consuming part. It's the research.

BTW, what is your take on the Senate going popular vote. Should the UN ambassador also be by popular vote? Why/Why not?

4. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    I think that Vivec is knee jerk attacking everyone here. He attacked me for being supportive of the most heinous of CIA crimes when I did nothing of the sort; Trump happened to be speaking there. He attacks someone else for posting a WW cartoon.

I have no problem with critiquing Obama's ME policies, but it seems to me that Vivec is bringing up these subjects to distract from criticisms of Trump.

I mention what Trump said in front of the intelligence community, then he accuses me of supporting CIA torture, when I did nothing of the sort.

That's clearly an attempt to distract from criticism of Trump and redirect towards another issue that has no bearing on the discussion.

It's also insincere since he's basically accusing me of hypocrisy: "Oh, you don't like Trump, but you're fine with CIA abuses!" And again, I had absolutely nothing positive to say about the intelligence agencies.

It seems to me that Vivec keeps doing that: "Watto, you're a hypocrite!" "Yodamensch, you're a hypocrite!" "Nerdling, you're a hypocrite!"

Maybe I'm wrong about his disagreements with Watto and Mensch. I'm not going to go back and read pages of the thread, but I know that he used an unfair Strawman criticism on me.

No need to reply, though. I'm gone for the day.

5. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I didn't claim you supported it, I claimed you dismissed it. The fact that I have to bring it up but the JCC liberals never bring these things up on their own is all the proof I need to know what you lot reall think.

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Interesting note from Trump's speech yesterday...

[​IMG]

V-2, Abadacus, BigAl6ft6 and 3 others like this.
  7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

That is the price of war. It is unfortunate and it would be nice if it didn't happen, but we live in world where war is real. War affects everyone. A lot of the Presidents have had to deal with the burden of sending soldiers to fight and die, as well as the lives lost due to war. And no, you don't know what I think. I think war is terrible. But we don't live in a Utopian society where war is long forgotten. We live in the hear and now and unfortunately, the only way to achieve peace is to make war. I wish it weren't so, but that is how our world is and will continue to be until we nuke the entire planet or are hit by an asteroid and wiped out. A failed experiment in the footnote of history.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    DanielUK, [face_laugh]

Ladies and Gents, we just had our official WH Press Briefing…..uhm….it was more like a WH press arse chewing. Spicer essentially came out and chewed the media out and then left without taking a single question.

Remarkable. This is a incredibly interesting time full of new precedents being set daily.

9. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    Exactly. You can't really be the revolutionary populist anti-establishment president and still play by the established rules of protocol . Trump must now go out of his way to do things differently and spit in the face of conformity otherwise he will be seen as capitulating to a system which he claims has robbed everyday citizens of their prosperity.

10. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    That press briefing was the perfect example of Trump's narcissism.

His ego can't handle the fact that no one showed up to his inauguration or watched it (lowest rated in 50 years). So instead, he sends this toadie out here to lie about the size and ratings of the inauguration......It really pathetic.[face_laugh]

11. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    I saw. What a lunatic. The inmates have truly taken over the asylum.

12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    So. The pictures and video show a lesser crowd. So trump and his goon come out and tell people that the media is lying about crowd numbers and pictures and try to shame them.

Still giving this guy a chance?

13. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    The sad thing is that half of the crowd were probably paid to be there in the first place.

14. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I LOL'd:

[​IMG]

15. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Herr Trump will instruct us on what to think and feel and he will let us know what we see and hear. We know what the Fuhrer tells us to know.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  16. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Aaand here we go again, Americans fall over themselves to denounce Trump's latest narcissist outing, meanwhile totally missing being played

V-2 likes this.
  17. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I just hope all these people seeing through Trump's nonsense and protesting show up for the mid term elections regardless of whether or not Trump gets impeached.

18. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

They do show up. The protests are all in big cities, which are overwhelmingly liberal.

19. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Can you elaborate?

It's obvious that this latest stunt by Trump's press secretary is a distraction from the Women's Marches happening all over. I'm not sure if that's what you're getting at or...?

I sure as hell will be there. And I'll do my best to encourage all my friends to do likewise.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I have voted in every election since 1990. No worries.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Just got back from the Women's March. The scale of the crowd was insane -- I haven't seen anything like this since the 2009 inauguration. It took us an hour past the scheduled start time to even get moving, and it took 2 hours of steady marching to go from the National Mall to the White House -- that's how many people there were. We had to split into multiple routes, and my route wasn't even the busiest -- but it was the one that let us march through the middle of the Mall and down Pennsylvania Avenue towards the WH, passing the Trump Hotel in the process.

The atmosphere was positive, united, welcoming, and upbeat. This is the America I know -- not the one we saw yesterday.

22. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    I disagree.

I think people exaggerate Trump's media savvy. He does things like this because he is a narcissist(who I suspect has NPD to be honest.....). What he did today is no different then what he did last week when he went on twitter to rant about how fake the his low approval numbers are.

The only thing this guy cares about is adulation and popularity. Once you poke at that, he lashes out.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  23. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I mean, I'm not sure we disagree as much as you think. :p When someone cares about his image and popularity as much as Trump does, of course he's going to want to divert attention from stuff like the Women's March that put him in such a negative light and instead send his lapdog to attack the media's credibility.

24. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    There's probably something more insidious going on.
    It's always the same.
    When Trump settled his lawsuit, he attacked the Hamilton cast and everybody only wrote about that.
    When the news about Russian hacking broke, Trump appeared with Kanye West and the media only took pictures.

Now the news teams are probably indignantly putting together articles about how they were right and he's wrong, meanwhile failing to check on what the White House is actually doing.

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Hey if Trump's platform / speech was "everything is awful" fearmongering how the hell is he supposed to get re-elected? Stuff will still be awful in 4 years. It ain't gonna magically get better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.