main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V SOLO: A Star Wars Story (untagged spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Woody confirms he's playing... you ready for this?

Garris Shrike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    No, no he didn't.

3. Balaaa

Balaaa Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2016
    Is there any chance of Daniel Logan reprising his role as Boba Fett?

Also, will Peter Mayhew play Chewbacca?

4. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    In the video linked to by Screen Rant, Woody does answer the reporter's question in the affirmative but it also seems like he's unsure of what she's saying when she uses the name "Garris Shrike." I suspect he might be just confirming that he's playing the "Han Solo mentor" role, not the specific name of the character.

5. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    That's definitely what happened. How naive do we need to be to imagine they would canonize Shrike?

6. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Remember when Kasdan was asked if Darth Plagueis would be represented in VII, and he didn't understand the question? "Darth.. Vegas? Or do you mean Darth Vader?" - Let alone someone namechecked once in ROTS, As for Shrike, an obscure character appearing in decades old trilogy, most people working on the films not on the Story Group would have not have any idea who that person is, or even register that as being a name.
    "Are you playing garushrike?"
    "Huh?"

SilentGuy66 and LelalMekha like this.
  7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Okay but can we just talk about Rampart?

Senpezeco and Ewoklord like this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Bah, that's what I get for just reading the article and not watching the actual clip. Whoops :p

And FWIW, Pablo says basically the same thing re: what Woody's responding to.

9. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Movie started shooting

Movie is codenamed "Red Cup" which is a reference to a Solo Cup ;)

Karl0413 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  10. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    It would be funny if everyone is expecting Woody to be playing a Garris Shrike archetype, but it ends up he's really playing a Garm bel Iblis type (respectable mentor who Han gets estranged from when he finds himself on wrong side of the law). Or a character patterned after Pter Nyklas, Han's superior in the Imperial military who Han turns against to free Chewie from slavery.

11. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I wanna see Han fly from one side of the galaxy to the other and see a lot of strange stuff. Maybe find some hokey religion or ancient weapon that makes him wonder if there is an energy field that may control everything, only to find out it was a scam.

Snax Rebo, SilentGuy66 and Sarge like this.
  12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I wonder what the red font means?!?!?!?!?!

spicer and Taalcon like this.
  13. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998

Watch him be a Hutt.

14. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I'd forgotten that Bel Iblis was keeping tabs on Han since he was a youngling until I was reading through Dark Force Rising the other day. It's one of the oddities of Legends that Han was known to two out of the three founding members (what with his missions for Mon Mothma in Empire at War) of the Rebel Alliance before ANH. :p

TC

15. Cracian_Thumper

Cracian_Thumper Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    And the only one he wasn't known to was his future father-in-law...of sorts.

16. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Right? He did meet Leia's cousin in Shadow Games, though. [face_laugh]

And I forgot that he met General Dodonna in the Underworld comic. Geez.

TC

Cracian_Thumper likes this.
  17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Han did see a "welcome to Alderaan" broadcast from Bail, when he went to Alderaan after being attacked by pirates in book 1 of the Han Solo trilogy.

18. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Indeed (and I loved that detail). But it was most probably a pre-recorded automated message. So Bail never saw Han.

Cracian_Thumper likes this.
  19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yup. Han sees (from a distance) Leia and Winter in book 3, but they don't see him.

20. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
  21. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    It's a western style font. Kathleen Kennedy said that the film will have a lot of western influence, which makes me very excited.

“We’ve talked about (Frederic) Remington and those primary colors that are used in his paintings defining the look and feel of the film.”

(source) http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...ern-says-kathleen-kennedy#4pSpGhCCAclSlGPL.99

[​IMG]
    Here's a Remmington painting. I wonder if we'll see some space horses in this?

22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Maybe he really will be herding "giant aphrodisiac lizards".

Jedi Princess and Snax Rebo like this.
  23. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I just know that Harrelsons character will at some point give Han the advice of

"Always shoot first Han, if you're last you just leave a mess":rolleyes:

Snax Rebo likes this.
  24. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Woody: "Han, why don't you go into the tibanna gas business like your friend Lando? Whatever you do, stay far away from the Hutt Cartel, Kanjiklub, and the Guavian Death Gang. Oh, and don't tell the Empire, but I just took a look at your blood sample and your midichlorian count is over 20,000, I think if you just focused your mind on that rock over there..."

Han: "Forget it, I just saw the Emperor's new speech. It's all a lot of tricks and nonsense."

SilentGuy66 and Snax Rebo like this.
  25. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    "Oh Han, you may technically have won the Falcon, but I have a job for you first. Did you ever hear of the Kessel Run?"

This is happening. Heck, the climax of the movie will probably be Han outrunning "big Corellian ships" while making the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs.

Revanfan1, SilentGuy66 and sidv88 like this.