main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    My Empire's End copy should arrive next week.

2. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Recently got a friend to sell me his old Saberforge Prodigal Son hilt, and I LOVE it!
    [​IMG]

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  3. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    My wife got me the 2016 SDCC Black Series Obi-Wan Kenobi for my birthday, love it, especially the fact the holo Leia lights up and plays her message.

4. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Saw the new 3.75 inch wave at my local Walmart! Picked up Thrawn for now, definitely want Bodhi and the Scarif trooper.

whostheBossk and Juke Skywalker like this.
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Picked up SW Aftermath: Empire's End at a local bookstore today. It's next on the reading list. Entertainer toy store had a bunch of the Disney Infinity 3.0 figures on sale for £4.00 each. If I hadn't already gotten the Fett I'd have picked it up. Vader was there as well. I know the game is dead but I like the Fett figure. They had a bunch - not just SW ones.

6. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Aftermath: Empire's End hardcover arrived a few day ago. Enjoying it so far.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I will start it when I finish my current book (Beyond the Ice Limit by Preston & Child).

8. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Pulled the trigger on a vintage Millennium Falcon. Gonna need to pick up some repro stickers, as this one has none, and it's missing the remote training ball ('natch) and the smuggling/cargo bay cover, but it's nice and clean and otherwise complete. For a few more $ and some TLC I'll have one of my major vintage vehicles scratched off my list.

9. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Black Series 6'' Walmart Exclusive Scarif Stormtrooper!

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I got a giant 2 foot tall (or taller) stuffed Santa Yoda at Goodwill this week. He freaked my dog out :p

whostheBossk and Juke Skywalker like this.
  11. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Black Series 6" Kanan.

This wave never seemed to arrive in the UK but I finally found somewhere that was selling it at retail- Amazon, it shipped from the US and now I finally have it.

He's a great figure, the best TBS I own.

Now to get the other Rebels- Ahsoka is one preorder and Sabine is going to be very difficult to track down.

12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Darthmaul208 I've seen several reviews of TBS Rebels figures, and they all look good. It's a tough line to straddle; evoking their animated image while translating it into a more flesh and blood interpretation, but they've done a nice job. Hopefully they do figures for Ezra, Hera and Zeb so fans can complete the core team.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  13. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Juke Skywalker

Hera is coming already soon- Early Summer or late Spring I think if the 40th Anniversary Wave One hits in April. Not sure if Wave Two will then be next or the Hera wave. I'd bet Wave Two of the 40th line personally.

[​IMG]

Sabine looks good but her face looks a little off. I haven't found her in the UK and don't really want to pay scalper prices.

Hopefully Ezra and Chopper come in the same release because I don't think either would be worth retail on their own- R2 was released on his own but Rey came with BB-8 so it's possible.

I can't wait too get the new Vader so I can have him fight Kanan.

I still want 3 3/4" SA from Rebels but the 6" are very nice.

A few complaints-
    1. Elbow joints- LF prevents Hasbro from including double jointed elbow joints. The current joints don't allow you to pose a Lightsaber wielder with two hands- you can force it but it's a stretch.

2. Kanan's face- The jaw's plastic on the right side hasn't been cut sharp enough so the plastic is rough. It's okay on most figures but on Kanan it's noticeable. Thinking of sanding it down a little with a file.

14. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Nice pull! This is one vehicle you have to have. Took me a few years to complete mine. So much fun though. Stickers and door seen on EBay for reasonable prices while I got the training ball off Facebook group for $20. Glad I did as its up to $30+ on EBay but you never know what deal you can get.
    PadmeLeiaJaina. Finally was able to pick up something at a thrift store. Obi Wans ROTS Starfighter for $2.99!

15. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Nice pull! This is one vehicle you have to have. Took me a few years to complete mine. So much fun though. Stickers and door seen on EBay for reasonable prices while I got the training ball off Facebook group for $20. Glad I did as its up to $30+ on EBay but you never know what deal you can get.
    PadmeLeiaJaina. Finally was able to pick up something at a thrift store. Obi Wans ROTS Starfighter for $2.99!

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I find Clone Wars era ships quite often at thrift stores, condition varies. Great price - I do love getting ships for under $5 each.

17. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Yes it was missing cockpit cover and missiles but I was happy.

18. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Nice. Must've missed that one in all of the 40th anny hullabaloo. She looks good.

Yeah, I would bank on Chopper being packed in w/Ezra. Just makes sense from a value perspective. What I'm curious to see is what they'll do when/if they eventually get around to Jawas and Ugnaughts. They released Yoda w/o any additional packed in value, but he's Yoda. W/Jawas and Ugnaughts you've gotta think they'll do them as a two-pack. Or maybe a droid packed in w/the Jawa.

Yeah, if you make a must-have list of the vintage ships/vehicles, the Falcon sits at the top. This gives me the Millennium Falcon, X-Wing (white), Landspeeder, Snowspeeder, white TIE Fighter and Vader's TIE Fighter, so I'm on my way.

I'm not too hung up on the training ball. Worst case I can grab a repro for like $10. I'll most likely display it w/the cover on anyway.

whostheBossk and Darthmaul208 like this.
  19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I find them like that all of the time, always heavily battle worn and damaged :p

Juke Skywalker and whostheBossk like this.
  20. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Black Series 6'' C-3PO (Resistance Base)

21. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Bought a vintage Slave I. It's missing the Han in Carbonite, so gonna need to snag one at some point. After adding a Millennium Falcon last week, I'm making some progress on my vintage vehicles/ships.

whostheBossk and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You could see if Brian's Toys has the Han - they do a lot of replica weapons, etc.

23. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, I've got my eye on a few on eBay at the moment; a few auctions, a couple of buy it nows. Sorta perused a few etailers as well. The one thing I've learned about collecting vintage items is that it's easy to get drawn in by an "almost" complete item that goes for significantly less than a complete one thinking we'll just pick up the missing piece or pieces later, but the price for those single pieces can often be astronomical and offset or obliterate the "bargain" you thought you'd gotten.

As a for instance, the going rate on eBay for that Han in carbonite seems to be around $20 + s&h. The cover for the smuggler's compartment inside the Millennium Falcon I just bought the same. Kinda offsets the good deal I got on each, but that's okay because in each instance the ship was in first class condition, and that's what I put a premium on.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Entertainer still had a couple of the £4 Infinity Fetts when I was there today so I picked one up for an opener. They also had Vader and Luke (as well as a few other Disney characters).

25. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    The Disney UK Online store currently has 50% off Elite Series figures, I ordered K-2SO, Death Trooper and Baze Malbus and they arrived yesterday, very pleased with them, that takes me to 6 Elite Series figures now.